Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 04:58:19 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Lottery project - say what you think  (Read 1764 times)
maku
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 19, 2016, 02:43:46 PM

Op, I understand that you are hyped about your project. However, I can tell you one my thoughts. I observed over course of years that lottery is one of the most neglected games in the cryptocommunity.
People rarely treat lottery as stand alone dish. It is mostly use as supplementary bonus feature to grab attention of users - like recently we have Olympic Lottery on sportsbet.io going on.

Even if you can provide total transparency, provably fair system and live stream, it might be not enough to draw people's attention.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
wintermeasures

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 20, 2016, 08:14:28 AM

Hi. I don't know how do it with security and trust. Lets discuss about.
I have a ideia of a lottery project in which people bet 0.0015 to a scrow address, and weekly a lottery for choose a random winner from the donators and send 90% of lottery address balance.
Every week with a new address and a history. Too I'm planning a site for it and wanting know how do Bitmessages+PGP signs.
For this week my planned address will be 1LUCKpajTjE8d2HPDx7Z5awQ59PGKpCaxV
What you think about?
Lets discuss.
For this Purpose Bro You Have to Create a Positive Trust in this Forum and Also You have to Advertise This Service Everywhere Like In Facebook Groups....
By This Your Service Will Become Popular Then Users Invest In Your Lottery.....
LoyceV
Legendary

Activity: 3304
Merit: 16609

Thick-Skinned Gang Leader and Golden Feather 2021

View Profile WWW
August 20, 2016, 08:24:50 AM

Earlier this month a similar thread was opened: Let's Create a Bitcoin Lottery!

Instead of copying my post, I'd like to refer you there. I'm also running a Free Ticket giveaway for a Lottery, so I know a thing or two about Bitcoin Lotteries now.

Mesquito (OP)

Merit: 10

I'm creative and work how you need for ETH and BTC

View Profile WWW
August 20, 2016, 07:41:28 PM

lottery games have never been successful around here because of a couple of big reasons (this is my opinion only):
1) the trust: obvious reason
2) the amount you can win
3) the chance of winning that amount.

explaining 2&3) when you buy a lottery ticket in real life you have the chance of winning a very big amount of money, and that is enough to motivate a lot of people to buy the ticket for a cheap price. but when your chance of winning a tiny amount of jackpot is small it is lose/lose situation for you.

1) I give details about the fair in the site.
2) The amount depends in players. More players = less chance, higher prize. Less players = More chance, lower prize. Lower prize will be the double of Bitcoins bet.
3) Idem.
4) Perfect number.

you design is so bad, i suggest you rethink that ASAP, or nobody will ever trust your site enough. also if you want to earn money you have to spend some money in the first stages always. so try and spend some money and buy a decent domain with a hosting plan instead of using a free hosting like what you have done here.

I will don't more reply in this topic. Get updated here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1589144.new#new

there is a button on the lower left side for you to lock the topic if you don't want it anymore.

As I've wrote, I'm working in the design. The plasmmer.com domain in my. Yes, I know the button, I'm only wanted see the more replies.
Mesquito (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 20, 2016, 07:42:34 PM

I think it's something less interesting and there are no goalkeepers in your plan. Because everyone in this forum already lazy face scams that impersonate sweepstakes, etc. So better looking the other way as making gambling sites or other

I'm thinking in leave this project.
Mesquito (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 20, 2016, 07:44:14 PM

Hi. I don't know how do it with security and trust. Lets discuss about.
I have a ideia of a lottery project in which people bet 0.0015 to a scrow address, and weekly a lottery for choose a random winner from the donators and send 90% of lottery address balance.
Every week with a new address and a history. Too I'm planning a site for it and wanting know how do Bitmessages+PGP signs.
For this week my planned address will be 1LUCKpajTjE8d2HPDx7Z5awQ59PGKpCaxV
What you think about?
Lets discuss.
For this Purpose Bro You Have to Create a Positive Trust in this Forum and Also You have to Advertise This Service Everywhere Like In Facebook Groups....
By This Your Service Will Become Popular Then Users Invest In Your Lottery.....

I don't believe it now.
Mesquito (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 20, 2016, 07:47:17 PM

Earlier this month a similar thread was opened: Let's Create a Bitcoin Lottery!

Instead of copying my post, I'd like to refer you there. I'm also running a Free Ticket giveaway for a Lottery, so I know a thing or two about Bitcoin Lotteries now.

I've learn not only "a thing or two" about Cryptocurrencies Lotteries here, but a lot. Copying? I've never seen your post in any place. I can proof it with the Web Archive. Other thing is that a idea for create a Lottery project isn't a patent. All future Lotteries in BitcoinTalk will copy you?! If you think it, I suggest you a good psychanalist.
Mesquito (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 20, 2016, 07:50:15 PM

Op, I understand that you are hyped about your project. However, I can tell you one my thoughts. I observed over course of years that lottery is one of the most neglected games in the cryptocommunity.
People rarely treat lottery as stand alone dish. It is mostly use as supplementary bonus feature to grab attention of users - like recently we have Olympic Lottery on sportsbet.io going on.

Even if you can provide total transparency, provably fair system and live stream, it might be not enough to draw people's attention.

I will close the project. A lot people talking that even with transparency, provably fair and live stream will not be enough, then isn't reasonable to continue this project. If have any donations in the address, I'll return to the donators.
Mesquito (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 20, 2016, 07:54:01 PM

As I see now, the address has 0 transactions
https://blockchain.info/address/1LUCKpajTjE8d2HPDx7Z5awQ59PGKpCaxV
http://web.archive.org/web/20160820195138/https://blockchain.info/address/1LUCKpajTjE8d2HPDx7Z5awQ59PGKpCaxV
Is secure to close the project now. Thanks for all feedbacks.
For who think this post was copyed, see my proof in http://web.archive.org/*/bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1589062.40 (Before accuse an OP for plagiarism, proof your post in Web Archive to snapshot a point in history.
Since now, I'll use this address for particular purposes. Thanks for all.
This topic is still open: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1589144
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: