Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 10:44:16 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Ghost Gunner CNC Mill for AR 80% Lower Receiver  (Read 554 times)
mickeld (OP)

Activity: 41
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 22, 2016, 08:03:09 PM

I purchased this from ghostgunner.net and it took almost a year to receive it.  I never ended up using it and I'd like to sell it to someone that would get some use out of it.  They have a newer model out but there is a wait time for 6-12 months before you would receive it.  I'm asking what I paid for it ($1500) which I think is fair considering it is unused, they are very hard to come by, and if you buy it from the company the wait time is ridiculous.  Basically you buy a 80% lower receiver for an AR-15 and plug it into your computers USB, load the receiver into the machine, run the blueprints provided on the company's website and you're well on your way to a "ghost gun".  Please refer the the FAQ and your local laws in your jurisdiction as you may not be able to use this in some places.  US only

Click this link to see photo.
http://imgur.com/a/WT9zC

FAQ From GhostGunner.net

FAQ

What kind of 80% receiver do I need?
As shipped, Ghost Gunner can machine any mil-spec lower receiver with pre-milled rear take down well. We recommend the lower receivers we sell here.

How much does the Ghost Gunner cost?
The total cost of the machine, including the deposit, is $1500.

What end mills does Ghost Gunner use?
Ghost Gunner uses industry standard ER-11 collets, and ships with both 1/4" and 5/32" collets. Changing end mills is a simple process and full instructions are included.

How is the work piece held on the table?
Injection-molded jigs are used to hold the part in place as each milling step is performed. For example, milling an 80% AR-15 lower receiver requires 2 jig pieces to secure the lower in place while the trigger pocket is milled, and then two more jig pieces are installed to drill the trigger pin holes. As most 80% firearms require deep pocket milling, Ghost Gunner's mounting table is parallel to the end mill shaft. This orientation maximizes fixture strength, minimizes complexity, and mechanically aligns the part to the machine upon insertion into the MakerSlide-patterned, open source T-slot stainless rails.

What Open Source parts did Ghost Gunner design?
The entire machine is open source. For other open source designs, Ghost Gunner developed a custom spindle that exceeds the quality, accuracy, and cutting capabilities of any sub-$400 spindle. GG also developed a custom signal conditioning PCB called GrbIO that reduces RF noise generated by the several stepper motors used on the machine. GrbIO includes screw-posts for easy wiring, including separate analog, digital, power supply and chassis grounds, which internally isolate noisy components from sensitive ground planes. The plug-and-play PCB connects between existing Arduino boards, requires zero software changes, and should resolve many headaches on other derivative designs.

What else do I need to buy for the machine to work?
No additional parts are required to manufacture any compatible AR-15 lower receiver. Just plug Ghost Gunner into your computer, install our software and download any compatible .dd design file. You'll need to provide the lower receiver and all other firearm parts, including the lower build kit, stock and complete upper. These parts are not regulated for sale in the United States and you can have them delivered to your door without an FFL. Note: Other firearms/designs might require different end mills.

How fast can the machine run?
When cutting aluminum, there's little reason to cut as fast as possible. For example, many machines that claim to cut aluminum do so by cutting as fast as possible at depths of just 0.001", which results in poor part tolerance, as only the tip of the end mill actually cuts the metal. The result is the end mill tip dulls quickly and then part quality suffers. Ghost Gunner is designed to cut deep grooves and thus doesn't require a nonsense feed rate to overcome inadequate design. To directly answer the question, Ghost Gunner can run fast (80ipm), but doesn't need to, as it's rigid enough to cut like a real CNC.

Do I need a special power supply?
No. Ghost Gunner uses a standard IEC power cord and is compatible with any 110/220V circuit. No external power brick is used; the machine is entirely self contained.

How do I connect to Ghost Gunner?
Ghost Gunner has two ports: Power (IEC standard) and USB (Type 'B').

What sort of maintenance is required for Ghost Gunner?
Ghost Gunner's moving parts are entirely sealed from chip debris. All bearings are sealed and contain wipers to prevent foreign contaminate entry. The rails are stainless steel and are factory lubricated, but do require periodic wiping to prolong life. End Mills dull over time and are considered a consumable. With proper use, end mills should manufacture dozens of lowers. Emptying the chip tray after each build will prevent chip overflow (shaved aluminum chips occupy approximately 15 times their solid volume).

Is manufacturing a firearm legal?
In general, yes. Semi-automatic firearms, including the AR-15 lower receivers, are generally legal to manufacture for private individuals under federal law. However, some states/municipalities restrict either the manufacture of certain firearms, or, more recently, the personal manufacture of a firearm with a 3D printer and/or CNC machine. GG makes no claim regarding your local manufacturing legalities. In some localities, lower receiver files provided by Ghost Gunner may require special licensing to manufacture and/or possess.

Under federal law, manufacturing firearms for purpose of sale and distribution without an FFL is prohibited. Without an FFL, you should manufacture firearms for personal use only. Recent ATF determinations have signaled that allowing others use of your CNC equipment may itself constitute manufacturing, therefore Ghost Gunner advises GG owners to neither print firearms for other individuals, nor allow other individuals to use their Ghost Gunner to manufacture firearms without the advice of counsel.

Will the Ghost Gunner be able to finish AR-10/.308 receivers?
We are now working on code to support .308 receivers and 1911 frames.

When does my order ship?
All machines are made to order. We sell exclusively to our deposit list in groups of 350 machines. We are now shipping units for Q3 2016.

What is Ghost Gunner?
GG is a for-profit subsidiary of Defense Distributed.

When does my order ship?
All machines are made to order. We sell exclusively to our deposit list in groups of 350 machines. We are now shipping units for Q2 2016.

Terms of Service?
Please see our latest terms of service here.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
spiritglove

Activity: 47
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 19, 2016, 03:02:01 AM
Last edit: August 19, 2016, 03:14:16 AM by spiritglove

If your taking coin, you just sold it
 I will check back for your PM

Escrow method, Localbitcoins, ship with tracking, when mill is delivered bitcoins will be released.
Upload photos of mill at Localbitcoins.
If you like this idea, I will send the Listing URL to you

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: