Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 04:10:18 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Forget Brexit, the UK will get mass surveillance instead  (Read 588 times)
countryfree (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1047

Your country may be your worst enemy

View Profile
August 19, 2016, 06:06:22 PM

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-37130455

Nearly 2 months after the Brexit referendum, nothing has changed, but Theresa May is very active in another field: mass surveillance of all british citizens. Theresa May wants to read your emails! I guess she wants to make it easier to spot political activists, BTC users, maybe some terrorists too, inadvertantly.

I used to be a citizen and a taxpayer. Those days are long gone.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Buffer Overflow
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1015

View Profile
August 19, 2016, 08:46:52 PM

The only way to fight this nonsense is to educate people about encryption and how to use it correctly.

Easier said then done. Most people aren't interested. I speak from experience.

dimonchik13

Activity: 261
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 16, 2016, 04:38:02 PM

Brexit caused resonance in the society. A large percentage of the population was against it. There was social pressure. Therefore, the government is trying to stop such actions possible protests
saddampbuh
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1014

View Profile
September 16, 2016, 06:22:58 PM

thing is hardly anyone cares as long as government protects them so they can watch xfactor and scroll down facebook 10 hours a day, all government need do is mention terrorists or muslims and the mass of fat pigs go along with whatever measures are being proposed because nothing to hide nothing to fear, the surveillance isn't just for pakis you dumb bastards its for you as well

Be radical, have principles, be absolute, be that which the bourgeoisie calls an extremist: give yourself without counting or calculating, don't accept what they call ‘the reality of life' and act in such a way that you won't be accepted by that kind of ‘life', never abandon the principle of struggle.
Fraxinus
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 16, 2016, 06:24:34 PM

Another example where people don't actually realise they are being controlled and they are just on auto pilot and don't rationally think about their lives and how they really want to live and how to accomplish it.

gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3008

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
September 16, 2016, 06:26:58 PM

Our new overlord has quite the track record in trying the make the UK a more oppressive place.

I was under the impression that the UK was already the most surveilled society by quite a long way. I can't say it's made it feel any more safe and there's far more violent crime than the US ironically enough. Good job we're not allowed guns.
virtualx

Activity: 672
Merit: 507

LOTEO

View Profile
September 16, 2016, 09:39:53 PM

Nearly 2 months after the Brexit referendum, nothing has changed, but Theresa May is very active in another field: mass surveillance of all british citizens. Theresa May wants to read your emails! I guess she wants to make it easier to spot political activists, BTC users, maybe some terrorists too, inadvertantly.
The Brits can read your email for the last 50 years unless you're a guy like Phil Zimmerman. Even 3rd world foreign governments can read your email.

The only way to fight this nonsense is to educate people about encryption and how to use it correctly.

Agree. It's useless if people run an operating system with surveillance software included. The masses aren't going to run some open source free world operating system, it's an unrealistic expectation. I don't think you can stop surveillance, it's included with corporatism now. At best you can hope to stop foreign governments from access to national data.

You can use encryption software, but that is the first step to be on the priority list and having your house bugged  Cheesy

...loteo...
DIGITAL ERA LOTTERY

r

▄▄███████████▄▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄███████████████████████▄
▄██████████████████████████▄
▄██  ███████▌ ▐██████████████▄
▐██▌ ▐█▀  ▀█    ▐█▀   ▀██▀  ▀██▌
▐██  █▌ █▌ ██  ██▌ ██▌ █▌ █▌ ██▌
▐█▌ ▐█ ▐█ ▐█▌ ▐██  ▄▄▄██ ▐█ ▐██▌
▐█  ██▄  ▄██    █▄    ██▄  ▄███▌
▀████████████████████████████▀
▀██████████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀▀███████████▀▀
r

RPLAY NOWR
BE A MOON VISITOR!
[/center]
countryfree (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 17, 2016, 12:58:04 PM

I was under the impression that the UK was already the most surveilled society by quite a long way. I can't say it's made it feel any more safe and there's far more violent crime than the US ironically enough. Good job we're not allowed guns.

I've thought that many times, but nobody said it couldn't get worse. It's also probable it will get even worse out of Europe, as there will be no supranational power to grant consumer rights to anyone, but I guess that's what the Brits wanted.

Lethn
Legendary

Activity: 1540

View Profile WWW
September 17, 2016, 02:36:16 PM

Unfortunately I know what you mean, forget something fairly complicated like encryption most people can't be bothered even learning about how their free speech and expression is being attacked unless it takes them five minutes and even then that's a struggle, I live in that shithole of a country for fuck's sake.

I've thought that many times, but nobody said it couldn't get worse. It's also probable it will get even worse out of Europe, as there will be no supranational power to grant consumer rights to anyone, but I guess that's what the Brits wanted.

Are you kidding? Because power is now transferring from Brussels to the UK we'll have far more control over our laws, we'll be able to boot out MPs now that try to fuck around and push through mass surveillance and censorship because we've preserved our sovereignty. Had the remain vote won it would be far more difficult to counter the super state that Junker and his beauracrats are trying to establish with the help of British MPs.
designerusa
Legendary

Activity: 2310
Merit: 1028

View Profile
September 17, 2016, 03:07:08 PM

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-37130455

British government must be totally out of their minds because their intented act is a total destruction of human right.. yes, officails can spot terrorists, burglars or people who do illegal things easily by mass surveillance but this can be an illegal act too for sure.
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3008

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
September 17, 2016, 04:53:20 PM

Well, many countries manage to permit their citizens to live reasonable lives without a big daddy to look after them. Time will tell whether life becomes a heap of shit without the EU nagging away in the background. Swings and roundabouts.
countryfree (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 17, 2016, 07:16:53 PM

Are you kidding? Because power is now transferring from Brussels to the UK we'll have far more control over our laws, we'll be able to boot out MPs now that try to fuck around and push through mass surveillance and censorship because we've preserved our sovereignty. Had the remain vote won it would be far more difficult to counter the super state that Junker and his beauracrats are trying to establish with the help of British MPs.

Oh, do you trust British MPs? That new mass surveillance plan is 100% British. Brits installed CCTV cameras everywhere all by themselves, and the UK is one of the very few places in the world where you can go to jail if you write an offensive tweet. So the british people has dumped the idea of a supranational state, but nobody said that would automatically translate into more freedom for the average guy.

Lethn
Legendary

Activity: 1540

View Profile WWW
September 17, 2016, 07:31:16 PM

Oh, do you trust British MPs? That new mass surveillance plan is 100% British. Brits installed CCTV cameras everywhere all by themselves, and the UK is one of the very few places in the world where you can go to jail if you write an offensive tweet. So the british people has dumped the idea of a supranational state, but nobody said that would automatically translate into more freedom for the average guy.

I don't trust them in the slightest, but the fact is, because we rejected the EU outright we will have powers to oust them if they screw us around now wheras if the remain side won they would give over more and more power to Brussels and get themselves put in unelected positions where they could put these laws on us.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: