Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 06:46:29 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] NeosCoin Official BCT Thread. Details, news and other information.  (Read 308601 times)
Mrboot
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 07, 2017, 05:12:32 PM

Grin  lol only 3 millions Neoscoins... and that price!
Thanks to those that sold, it's an awesome Christmas gift!

Thank you  Cool Wink Cheesy

I know man !! unfortunelty i dont have any bitcoin left ... so  icant buy any more neos !! :-(((

I am in the same predicament, and all my spare change is going into the R&D for an invention I have been working on. At least my wallet has been staking very well, so I got that going!

Also bring some bad statistics, the top 10 wallets are heavly loaded, this is bad for investment point of view.
This coin might do great with some nice PR and maybe a rebrand, a fresh start with a one on one swap.
Remove all the old Neoscoin btc threads so its easier to find. Get some nice usage for the coin.

The developer is a good developer and Neoscoin deserve better.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
twoturtles (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1050

View Profile WWW
January 07, 2017, 05:25:58 PM

Also bring some bad statistics, the top 10 wallets are heavly loaded, this is bad for investment point of view.
This coin might do great with some nice PR and maybe a rebrand, a fresh start with a one on one swap.
Remove all the old Neoscoin btc threads so its easier to find. Get some nice usage for the coin.

I'm not so sure that a re-brand would do much for the release ahead, other than generate some noise for various reasons - one of them being to conjure up some "hype" because it's a new name.  We'll be doing our part in terms of marketing and PR this time around and working with folks within the community that have different abilities to offer and bring resources to the table.  They've come forward and offered their assistance and we're glad the synergy is there.  Neos has been around for a few years now and in my opinion it's stronger to show continued development than attempt to bring some hype into this already-saturated atmosphere with the intention being to attract new investors by way of deceit that it's a brand new project.  The features and this release are considerably massive in comparison to earlier releases and with the proper marketing we'll be able to attract significant attention organically.

Bear in mind that the top 10 wallets reflect balances of those owned by exchanges in large part.  Exchanges don't always have one wallet address and this is pretty standard.  If every project were to "reboot" due to too many people holding large amounts of the currency, we would have an even bigger mess on our hands than we already do with people coming up with "new" ideas daily as it is and an even more ridiculous market.  Regarding thread removal, I believe last I looked there wasn't an option to delete the thread - you need to contact the section mod.  I'll go ahead and take another look in between coding but I agree that's something that needs to be done.  Thanks for the kind words as well.

Mrboot
Legendary

Activity: 1204

View Profile
January 07, 2017, 05:48:34 PM

I'm not so sure that a re-brand would do much for the release ahead, other than generate some noise for various reasons - one of them being to conjure up some "hype" because it's a new name.  We'll be doing our part in terms of marketing and PR this time around and working with folks within the community that have different abilities to offer and bring resources to the table.  They've come forward and offered their assistance and we're glad the synergy is there.  Neos has been around for a few years now and in my opinion it's stronger to show continued development than attempt to bring some hype into this already-saturated atmosphere with the intention being to attract new investors by way of deceit that it's a brand new project.  The features and this release are considerably massive in comparison to earlier releases and with the proper marketing we'll be able to attract significant attention organically.

Bear in mind that the top 10 wallets reflect balances of those owned by exchanges in large part.  Exchanges don't always have one wallet address and this is pretty standard.  If every project were to "reboot" due to too many people holding large amounts of the currency, we would have an even bigger mess on our hands than we already do with people coming up with "new" ideas daily as it is and an even more ridiculous market.  Regarding thread removal, I believe last I looked there wasn't an option to delete the thread - you need to contact the section mod.  I'll go ahead and take another look in between coding but I agree that's something that needs to be done.  Thanks for the kind words as well.

Yea the rebrand i ment will mostly be to just create a bigger noise on new release, and to promote there are more dev. around and people joining. and yes its not only about that but it does help in crypto.
People look around for coins but cant read the updates of every coin and if this release is massive and the functions did change a lot compared to the (old) Neoscoin multi-algo pow. I dont see it can really hurt beside the work needed for it ofc.  Many people dont even know Neoscoin is working on updates.

With Pr i ment someone who keeps things active, website, roadmap, blogs, news etc. Things that shows how hard you and the other devs are working on it. This will bring trust and attention back to Neoscoin, it would be ashame if the updates are massive and people just dont find out.
Orange_Exchange_Pro

Activity: 29
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 09, 2017, 10:09:46 AM

Neos went with a force  Shocked
gnargnar
Legendary

Activity: 1111

crypto-enthusiast since 2012

View Profile
January 09, 2017, 01:39:44 PM

for the low total coinage (3m),
for the masterchief syntaks and his vision,
for the team of devs around Neos,
and for what's coming up (http://www.neoscoin.com/images/q1q4-rc2.png) ....   

NEOS under 10k satoshis == an excellent opportunity!

@Mrboot : I don't understand what you meant by the "top 10 wallets heavily loaded"  Huh
you can clearly see that the first largest -guesstimated- wallet belongs to Poloniex. (https://chainz.cryptoid.info/neos/#!wallets)
and I don't see any problem with the other top wallets : at the current price, it's fairly easy for any investors to still build themselves an enjoyable position on Neos (and you know it's not that easy for the majority of other established alts, most of them having a top 10 wallets way more "heavily loaded")
q327K091
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1010

View Profile
January 09, 2017, 05:25:30 PM

dear admin,

i used the old (classic) chain wallet to export priv key

./neoscoind dumpprivkey Nfz2zqAgtGVdZA6Tnsasa6oCTTXxoCHCKU   <prive key>

and then using new core neos wallet I have imported key to new wallet

./neoscoind importprivkey <priv key> rescan=true

unfortunately my old balance of 15773.50855539 has NOT been transferred

/neoscoind getinfo
{
    "version" : 1020102,
    "protocolversion" : 90002,
    "walletversion" : 60000,
    "balance" : 15773.50855539,
    "blocks" : 213777,
    "timeoffset" : 0,
    "connections" : 1,
    "proxy" : "",
    "difficulty" : 8827738.66366921,
    "testnet" : false,
    "keypoololdest" : 1432157603,
    "keypoolsize" : 101,
    "paytxfee" : 0.00000000,
    "errors" : ""
}

please let know, looking forward to run master node! with new neos chain

appreciate much!
twoturtles (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 09, 2017, 05:37:05 PM

dear admin,

./neoscoind dumpprivkey Nfz2zqAgtGVdZA6Tnsasa6oCTTXxoCHCKU   <prive key>

/neoscoind getinfo
{
}

appreciate much!

A snapshot was taken several months ago of the chain when the swap was being handled.  Anything after that snapshot, was not accounted for (as we warned folks not to transfer and/or use the old client during that specified period).  We did post several warnings through various methods of communication to the community.  If after the snapshot date you sent Neos to your address, they would not have been credited after the swap.  This was in effort to ensure a consistent and reliable swap over and prevent fraudulent claims.  Looking at https://chainz.cryptoid.info/neos/address.dws?Nfz2zqAgtGVdZA6Tnsasa6oCTTXxoCHCKU.htm this address first appeared on the chain in August, on the 21st.  This announcement was made on the 16th  - http://forum.neoscoin.com/t/neos-swap-in-progress-news-details-and-other-information/638.  That being said, it was clearly active and imported on the new chain after the snapshot and there doesn't seem to be any indication of the balance posted above being owed or ever on this address.

Again, anything taken from the snapshot would have been applied on the new chain.  Anything sent after, would not have been.  What you could try doing is the following:

./neoscoind -reindex -rescan

I suggest that to be sure that all possible data relative to your wallet and the chain is in-sync and as accurate as possible.  My curiosity lies in the fact that this address mentioned was used after the swap date, but several months later now a claim is being made that it's short from the swap.  Sounds a bit off to me, honestly.

stoner19

Activity: 752
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 09, 2017, 06:07:08 PM

dear admin,

./neoscoind dumpprivkey Nfz2zqAgtGVdZA6Tnsasa6oCTTXxoCHCKU   <prive key>

/neoscoind getinfo
{
}

appreciate much!

Keep in mind that the swap reduced the supply by about 79%.

Your balance on the old chain of 15773.50855539 * 21% = 3312.43679663
Staked 1 time, then was sent to Poloniex. See here:https://chainz.cryptoid.info/neos/address.dws?Nfz2zqAgtGVdZA6Tnsasa6oCTTXxoCHCKU.htm.

Follow the transactions. Looks like it was all correct and no issues on the NEOS chain whatsoever.
q327K091
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1010

View Profile
January 09, 2017, 06:15:29 PM
Last edit: January 09, 2017, 06:30:40 PM by q327K091

yeah unfortunately (reduced supply) I am sure it is me.. maybe even I imported priv key already! and forgot all about it

anyways doing: ./neoscoind -reindex -rescan takei from there

congrats on the swap, as well as master nodes architecture.. in my opinion it is a solid win, cheers

ok I know precisely what happened.. I sold the coins on poloniex.. so sorry about.. things move so fast, yes abs coin chain is very solid,I reshuffle my portfolio in various places... hence

NewGMvyE6k2DEFgmSCu6A1SgCjH9JfzJ2B
twoturtles (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 09, 2017, 06:58:49 PM

yeah unfortunately (reduced supply) I am sure it is me.. maybe even I imported priv key already! and forgot all about it

anyways doing: ./neoscoind -reindex -rescan takei from there

congrats on the swap, as well as master nodes architecture.. in my opinion it is a solid win, cheers

ok I know precisely what happened.. I sold the coins on poloniex.. so sorry about.. things move so fast, yes abs coin chain is very solid,I reshuffle my portfolio in various places... hence

NewGMvyE6k2DEFgmSCu6A1SgCjH9JfzJ2B

No problem at all!  I'm glad it's all situated.  I just had some serious dental work done, so forgive me for not spotting the conversion whereas normally I would have.  Thanks a lot Stoner for chiming in.  If you have any other questions, please don't hesitate to contact us.

CULTFRANCE16

Activity: 159
Merit: 100

Leader - FR. Group of traders.

View Profile
January 14, 2017, 08:12:14 PM

Hi Devs Smiley

When will be the release of these new implementations? Any date?

I'm waiting for news with a group of friends (traders). We have great interest in your project, and we intend to invest heavy.

A tip: why not sign partnerships with companies that are in recovery (aka AMD, Nvidia, Intel, Samsung (...)?

Bitstar MarketPlace launch date's Unknown: www.bitstarcoin.com
twoturtles (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 14, 2017, 09:12:37 PM

Hi Devs Smiley

When will be the release of these new implementations? Any date?

I'm waiting for news with a group of friends (traders). We have great interest in your project, and we intend to invest heavy.

A tip: why not sign partnerships with companies that are in recovery (aka AMD, Nvidia, Intel, Samsung (...)?

If there's anything I'm the worst with - it's timelines.  If I gave you an ETA, it wouldn't really have any significant meaning other than just something to respond with and that's pretty much what you'll mostly see floating around this space to maintain hype/interest.  I take more of a straightforward type of approach.  One of the most important pieces of the puzzle to what we're releasing just finished last night.  It still requires testing and integration with other moving parts, and then some more testing.  What I can say about the proposed/promised upcoming features is that we've actually gone beyond them and the list is too long to go into here, but will be made available in documentation during the release announcement and media.  The upcoming release as of right now, wouldn't have any place with the aforementioned partners but will have a place with some others perhaps.  It's a matter of how well the final product works and how much traction it can gain.  I'll be keeping updates here as they come in, but until then it's back to the console. Smiley

Jamus

Activity: 22

View Profile
January 14, 2017, 10:43:14 PM

i noticed you have been focused on trading lately. do you have a breakdown of where crowdsale dunds have ben alocated? other than used for a trading fund? have you hired additional developers, i noted alot of hype before crowdsale, to quiet down now is kind of cheating investors, you may feel similar about antshares. do good by your investors and you will build a reputation for being genuine.
twoturtles (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 14, 2017, 11:08:05 PM

i noticed you have been focused on trading lately. do you have a breakdown of where crowdsale dunds have ben alocated? other than used for a trading fund? have you hired additional developers, i noted alot of hype before crowdsale, to quiet down now is kind of cheating investors, you may feel similar about antshares. do good by your investors and you will build a reputation for being genuine.

To address your questions:

1.  I'm involved in all aspects of crypto,  just as most here are.
2.  We had a crowdsale over 2 years ago - is this what you're referring to?
3.  "Other than used for a trading fund" - I have my own funds and crowdsale funds were used for plenty of expenses, without leaving any room for additional gambles
4.  If you read the announcement, you would have known that there are several developers involved, unless you overlooked that.
5.  What hype?  What crowdsale?  The one from 2 years ago?

Addressing being quiet and "cheating investors".  Cheating investors and our existing supporters would be creating hype out of thin or lying about progress and features.  We're quiet because we're actually busy coding what we've laid out and promised.  I've always done good by our supporters/investors and the best that I can.  Many, many hours have been put into Neos over the years and we continue to progress development-wise.  As far as antshares, I suppose you've read my comments on their thread and honestly - a few months later and where are they?  Announcing that they have a block explorer coming.  What did they sell the people on?  Interchain operations and communication among other features.  How much BTC did they bring in during their ICO? 6069.22 BTC (Not to mention that was ICO #2 for them) How much did our crowdsale bring in 2+ years ago and we're still here supporting and coding?  125 - 5 of which went towards the fee for the ICO being hosted.  The difference?  Everything we've promised throughout the years has come to fruition.  One constant throughout all of this - we remained generally quiet while we worked to do that and spoke up when had something of substance to say.

In closing, whatever your intentions were for this post - I hope I've cleared up any confusion or misinformation.

Jamus

View Profile
January 15, 2017, 07:21:59 AM

well whats next then? roadmap? future.. you guys just had a second ico based on hype, oh thats right you forked it with a shit load of premine, hyping about a new chain, now not a word

how long until we know, theres a big question mark on development, is it days? months? years?

whats happening? you need a clear plan ahead, make a roadmap with variable dates, its okay if you blow your dates out by a bit.
twoturtles (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 15, 2017, 07:44:03 AM

well whats next then? roadmap? future.. you guys just had a second ico based on hype, oh thats right you forked it with a shit load of premine, hyping about a new chain, now not a word

how long until we know, theres a big question mark on development, is it days? months? years?

whats happening? you need a clear plan ahead, make a roadmap with variable dates, its okay if you blow your dates out by a bit.

We're coding - it's as straightforward as that.  Are you a supporter or an investor?  The premine covered the swap primarily.  We didn't "hype" about a new chain, we said we're finally going to be getting to shape Neos into what we've always had a vision for.  Regardless of the work developers put in or time, it always ends up with fingers pointed at them in accusation or disappointment.  There are a few of us that actually spend our time coding, and we still get the brunt of it.  For example, there was one...how can I put this.. character that would pop up in our IRC channel randomly screaming about the price like a madman.  He was upset because he traded horribly and lost a bitcoin.  Prime example of the crowds we're working with here if we were to miss an ETA.  It would be an instant asylum.  In my experience, blown-out dates are a big faux pa.  You don't need to support us, or buy Neos and we're not soliciting you to.  That being said, you have the freedom to detach here if you're unhappy with the rate of progress.

dranster

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 15, 2017, 07:48:33 AM

So true, either u can help this coin and make it progress faster or move onto 1000 other shitcoins in the markets

No need to be a critic of this coin

MoveON!!!
Jamus

View Profile
January 15, 2017, 10:09:19 AM

ah okay so its kind of like a mystery bet on the races, you are coding but no one knows what or when, you could be coding a delete all coins button, who cares your coding eh. great for investors, sorry to say bud but there is no real world use of neos, all you have investetors.. and right now your purposely dropping the coin so you can accumulate at a low price then release updates  once your done accumulating.

weekly updates? nah we just have to take your word for it eh, real professional.
twoturtles (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 15, 2017, 10:17:45 AM

ah okay so its kind of like a mystery bet on the races, you are coding but no one knows what or when, you could be coding a delete all coins button, who cares your coding eh. great for investors, sorry to say bud but there is no real world use of neos, all you have investetors.. and right now your purposely dropping the coin so you can accumulate at a low price then release updates  once your done accumulating.

weekly updates? nah we just have to take your word for it eh, real professional.

Instead it would be better to release everything we're working on currently, so that someone can take the ideas and throw them together with some attractive graphics - lie about their "brand new coin" offering them and ICO'ing for a few hundred bitcoins?  We've given some idea to the general direction we're moving towards and the past has shown we've come through with what we promise.  You're right, presently there's no "real world use" for Neos just like a majority of the other projects out there.  We're working towards changing that, instead of just being another token traded.  That's irrelevant.  I'll tell you what, come forward with your main account and I'll come forward with what I'm currently working on.  You're hiding behind an alias, and that's par the course, but the ball's in your court now since you're persisting.  As far as the accusation that we're purposely dropping the value to accumulate, that's your opinion.  Anyone who has been involved in Neos since the start knows I'm about the code and bringing uniqueness into this atmosphere - not about the bottom dollar.  Updates are released when they're ready to be, not based on the market or some agenda.  Professional would be protecting the existing investors and supporters by not exposing every unique detail and feature we're releasing - just to be cherry picked by another project.  That's just what we're doing.

CULTFRANCE16

Activity: 159
Merit: 100

Leader - FR. Group of traders.

View Profile
January 15, 2017, 03:40:48 PM

I think this project is following the right path. Developers are honest, this is very important. I believe the NeosCoin will stand out any market. and maybe pass the level of 1.00 USD or more.

Good Luck, Neoscoin Group.   Wink

Bitstar MarketPlace launch date's Unknown: www.bitstarcoin.com
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 »
  Print  

Jump to: