Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 10:49:24 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 [49] 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] NeosCoin Official BCT Thread. Details, news and other information.  (Read 308601 times)
finamathmatics

Activity: 44
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 05:46:22 PM

What is special property for V3 comparing the V2?

https://twitter.com/NeosCoin/status/839594894113009673

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
MR,bon

Activity: 78
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 12:41:32 AM

kenaikan BTC apakah mempengaruhi NEOS.
dimifi

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
December 10, 2017, 12:50:02 AM

Any updates?
twoturtles (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
December 10, 2017, 01:38:26 AM

Any updates?

There's actually quite a bit going on and moreso lately we've been utilizing reddit, twitter and telegram as the primary communication channels.  For the benefit of those who may not following any of the aforementioned I'll go through what's been transpiring.

nimrood and I have been going through the current V3 code together to get him up to speed and familiarize him with all of the internals and mechanics of it all.  We're aiming for a beta test date of December 15th as we're going through some of the final tasks left in the client.  For the first time since we've been missing timelines it seems as if we're finally back on track and might actually make this one.  What we're aiming for moving forward is more structure within the team and operations.  Basically, the goal is to eliminate hurdles as quickly as possible to get back to the pace of updates and releases we were known for, for the longest time.  I've been confering with ahmed and infernoman over the course of the past several weeks as well with regard to some areas of the network and features. 

We're incredibly lucky to have evoked on the team as he's also been working on the new site which he says will be ready next week, along with a support portal and knowledgebase.  Aside from that we've received an incredible response from the community in terms of volunteers ready to accept the position of "ambassador" for their particular region.  With V3 and moving forward in general, our aim is to reach as global of an audience as possible with the best possible support for them in their native language to make it easier for them in the event they need a hand.  evoked has been working incredibly hard on structuring an ambassador program and we're really excited about it.  I've also given evoked a roadmap that extends out to April 2018 and he's incorporated that into the new site as an easy-to-follow visual.

We're all really excited to move forward and get back into our old pace.  Over the course of time the community has grown as well and we're very fortunate to have people within it that are so supportive and willing to volunteer their services or skills.  Neos was never run as a business or corporation, so the structure wasn't there and it was more relaxed than anything but where we're trying to take Neos - we're going to be incorporating many practices that are typically found within bigger organizations.

twoturtles (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 12, 2017, 06:21:22 PM

In effort to keep all communication channels current, some Neos updates, information and news: https://www.reddit.com/r/NeosCoin/comments/7jcpw5/v3_plans_and_a_change_in_perspective/

sl-avik

Activity: 158
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 07:56:35 PM

nice news,

it will be great
twoturtles (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 12, 2017, 08:23:08 PM

nice news,

it will be great

Thanks for the feedback.  I think with time and community collaboration, we'll achieve something great.  Neos is meant to be an opportunity machine amongst many other purposes for those with time and talent, but no opportunities.

reffi

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 09:44:10 PM

Demo looks very interesting, the web browser and masternode is built into the wallet!  

How does the internet operate from within the wallet, is it based on Tor?

Looking to invest more into this project, coin supply is so low!  How much coin needed to run the masternode, and what is the profit return %?  Is it possible to stake coins without masternode?
twoturtles (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 17, 2017, 09:52:26 PM

Demo looks very interesting, the web browser and masternode is built into the wallet!  

Looking to invest more into this project, coin supply is so low!  How much coin needed to run the masternode, and what is the profit return %?  Is it possible to stake coins without masternode?

Tor as the underlying connection is supported, but typically the 'intranet' part of it reads from the blockchain's data.  Right now the cost for a masternode is 5,000 NEOS.  You can use this which was contributed by infernoman some time ago but still calculates properly: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1JhacFXxHccGHaF19dgm_zd_5pIByxLBxAH9tmAYlfxE/edit#gid=355114014

twoturtles (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 18, 2017, 03:39:10 AM

Thank you to everyone who has continued to show their support and patience throughout the past year.  evoked even after enduring a multi-hour flight managed to pull off getting
the site ready.  What we have is progress, not perfection with continued work and maintenance which we'll keep in the public eye.  Our efforts are mainly focused right now on populating the
knowledgebase with as much in-depth information as possible and V3 beta testing.  Tomorrow we will be preparing the containers for deployment for those interested in beta testing.  There are several translators working on versions of the website and resources in their native language.  We're looking forward to the next steps in building out this vision together with you.

We're making an aggressive effort to remove 'coin' from our branding.  Part of that process was registering a domain we thought was great for the length alone but the geek in us got a kick o
ut of the extension: https://www.neos.sh (a Neos shell).

The new helpdesk can be found at https://help.neos.sh along with a knowledgebase and a community forum built into it.  Once we have the budget system in place, we will be hiring staff to sup
port various regions in their native language.  Until then we're relying on the generosity of volunteers providing their time and resources.

The roadmap can be viewed at https://www.neos.sh/roadmap

Wasimalik

Activity: 574
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 04:18:42 AM

Reserved urdu translations. please send me PM to confirm my reservation.

My recent work,

AMLT: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2573116.msg26213689#msg26213689
Dimpay: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2542221.msg25925876#msg25925876
Daneel: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2519330.msg25734722#msg25734722

poptarts123

Activity: 7

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 08:50:15 AM

Hi everyone i need some help if possible. I don't know if what i need is even possible but here goes. Almost 2 years ago i tried to transfer coins to bittrex but my wallet was out of date and so they never showed up. I started talking to syntak about the issue on the forum but then an unfortunate turn of events happened and i never got to finish talking to him about it. I no longer have the phone that had my 2fa for bittrex and i never made a backup way to get in. Is there any way for me to recover the wallet from the old client without the transfer going threw when it is updated? I haven't been able to work for awhile now and this would really help i had a fairly significant amount of coins.
lostcause99

Activity: 39

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 01:30:37 PM

"tried to transfer coins to bittrex but my wallet was out of date and so they never showed up"

I'm making some assumptions here so please be kind:

Likely you where on an old fork of the NEOS chain and your transaction never took place on the "live" blockchain.    Have you tried loading a old backup of wallet.dat into a new NEOS client?  I believe the conversion to the "new" blockchain will be automatic. (because Syntax/twoturtles is a pro)  Remember: coin amount was reduced by 3:1 when we switched to the POS/Masternode code base v2. So you might be "missing" some coins.

Id start the recovery process for your Bittrex account ASAP. Ive logged into accounts and 'found' 1000$ of dollars of crypto Ive forgotten about and was worth pennies last time I logged in.  Good luck and happy Neos !
reffi

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 04:49:36 PM

Tor as the underlying connection is supported, but typically the 'intranet' part of it reads from the blockchain's data.  Right now the cost for a masternode is 5,000 NEOS.  You can use this which was contributed by infernoman some time ago but still calculates properly: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1JhacFXxHccGHaF19dgm_zd_5pIByxLBxAH9tmAYlfxE/edit#gid=355114014

Very interesting, and right in time!  The net neutrality issue that is faced by US now is very important, they want to limit internet to all country, could NEOS provide open internet even if US decides to pass the limited internet law??

By the way, website looks nice, but I was really really hoping there will be more emphasis on masternodes, because of Dash maddness, it is such a nice opportunity to promote NEOS as a powerful and useful masternode project, unfortunately, masternode is only mentioned on the website but doesn't market the advantages of having one.  But I know this is just the beginning for this wonderful project!
poptarts123

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 11:17:57 PM

"tried to transfer coins to bittrex but my wallet was out of date and so they never showed up"

Likely you where on an old fork of the NEOS chain and your transaction never took place on the "live" blockchain.    Have you tried loading a old backup of wallet.dat into a new NEOS client?  I believe the conversion to the "new" blockchain will be automatic. (because Syntax/twoturtles is a pro)  Remember: coin amount was reduced by 3:1 when we switched to the POS/Masternode code base v2. So you might be "missing" some coins.

Id start the recovery process for your Bittrex account ASAP. Ive logged into accounts and 'found' 1000$ of dollars of crypto Ive forgotten about and was worth pennies last time I logged in.  Good luck and happy Neos !

No i haven't tried loading the wallet up on a new client yet because i was afraid as soon as i did it would try to make the transfer. I don't know if it would or not and was just curious if it would. I'll have to see if i can get that account back i know i had a bunch of alts back in the day just sitting on it.
lostcause99

Activity: 39

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 02:52:13 AM

<snip>

No i haven't tried loading the wallet up on a new client yet because i was afraid as soon as i did it would try to make the transfer. I don't know if it would or not and was just curious if it would. I'll have to see if i can get that account back i know i had a bunch of alts back in the day just sitting on it.

Its either there or its not , if you load the old wallet.dat file in the new client it will not transfer anything with out you confirming the transaction.   do you have the address ? the block explorer will tell you.

poptarts123

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 04:50:35 AM

I will have to do some more reading on what to do now. I just downloaded and synced the new qt. I have to figure out how to get the old wallet into it. i don't know if it makes a difference but i think i sent the transfer from the web wallet.
twoturtles (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 19, 2017, 05:02:11 AM

I will have to do some more reading on what to do now. I just downloaded and synced the new qt. I have to figure out how to get the old wallet into it. i don't know if it makes a difference but i think i sent the transfer from the web wallet.

hey poptarts, it's been a long time and I remember when you joined the community.  What you're going to want to do is grab the old windows wallet here: https://github.com/neoscoin/neos-classic/releases/download/1.2.1.1/neoscoin-qt-v1.2.1.1-bdb4.8-win32.zip

After that you're going to want to go into your %appdata% directory and find the old data dir for the older Neos release.  It's likely  named NeosCoin, but check the dates on it to be certain.  Rename the new Neos directory that was created when you ran the new wallet to something memorable, maybe prefix it with "newest." to make sure nothing can possibly conflict.  Run the neoscoin-qt.exe from the above URL and once it's up, go into the debug console and type:

dumpwallet neoswallet.txt

Once that's done, you're going to close the wallet.  Rename the old NeosCoin directory to old.NeosCoin and rename 'newest.NeosCoin' back to NeosCoin.  Run the new wallet, open the debug console and type:

importwallet neoswallet.txt

It will then rescan for transactions and you should see any available balance.  Keep in mind with the last swap, everyone's balances were taken down by about 80%.  If you have any issues with the above, please don't hesitate to contact me and perhaps we can set up a remote session and I'll handle this for you.

poptarts123

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 05:55:36 AM

hey poptarts, it's been a long time and I remember when you joined the community.  What you're going to want to do is grab the old windows wallet here: https://github.com/neoscoin/neos-classic/releases/download/1.2.1.1/neoscoin-qt-v1.2.1.1-bdb4.8-win32.zip

After that you're going to want to go into your %appdata% directory and find the old data dir for the older Neos release.  It's likely  named NeosCoin, but check the dates on it to be certain.  Rename the new Neos directory that was created when you ran the new wallet to something memorable, maybe prefix it with "newest." to make sure nothing can possibly conflict.  Run the neoscoin-qt.exe from the above URL and once it's up, go into the debug console and type:

Once that's done, you're going to close the wallet.  Rename the old NeosCoin directory to old.NeosCoin and rename 'newest.NeosCoin' back to NeosCoin.  Run the new wallet, open the debug console and type:

It will then rescan for transactions and you should see any available balance.  Keep in mind with the last swap, everyone's balances were taken down by about 80%.  If you have any issues with the above, please don't hesitate to contact me and perhaps we can set up a remote session and I'll handle this for you.

ok i havethat client downloaded and i put my wallet.dat into the new client. The new and old clients are on seperate disk so should not interfere. before i swapped the wallet the client ran fine but afterward it gives and error and crashes. Warning: error reading wallet.dat! All keys read correctly, but transaction data or address book entries might be missing or incorrect. I then hit ok then it says assertion failed. any idea what im doing wrong.
twoturtles (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 19, 2017, 05:58:53 AM

ok i havethat client downloaded and i put my wallet.dat into the new client. The new and old clients are on seperate disk so should not interfere. before i swapped the wallet the client ran fine but afterward it gives and error and crashes. Warning: error reading wallet.dat! All keys read correctly, but transaction data or address book entries might be missing or incorrect. I then hit ok then it says assertion failed. any idea what im doing wrong.

Would you rather we do a teamviewer session?  Assertion shouldn't fail.  Shoot me a message if you'd like and we'll get everything settled via remote session.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 [49] 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 »
  Print  

Jump to: