Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 02:36:58 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How often do you switch back and forth between currencies?  (Read 734 times)
Elwar (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3598
Merit: 2384

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
May 22, 2013, 01:43:40 AM

Outside of Bitcoin, how often do you switch back and forth between currencies?

There is this image portrayed of Bitcoin that involves hopping back and forth between your main currency and Bitcoin.

But how many people hop between currencies in their daily lives outside of professionals that deal with that sort of thing all of the time.

If I had to hop back and forth between the Peso and the dollar I would have many of the same arguments about volatility and the inconvenience of it.

We need to get past the mindset of buying and selling Bitcoin and move toward one time conversion of your old government currency to your new currency, to be held and used on its own.

Do people in Mexico care much about something like this going on weekly?

First seastead company actually selling sea homes: Ocean Builders https://ocean.builders  Of course we accept bitcoin.
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
BTC Books

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 22, 2013, 02:23:11 AM
Last edit: May 22, 2013, 02:36:00 AM by BTC Books

I do not switch back and forth between currencies very often at all.

But if I had the option to do so, I would.  Bitcoin-related, it would keep my eggs out of one basket:  I'd love to have an account on a Canadian exchange, or on Bit Innovate in Australia, or Vladimir's BTC Global.  But without jumping through major internet hoops - and breaking a few laws along the way - I can't.

There's ease of arbitrage to consider.  And general travel to other countries and currency zones as well.

But look!  Up in the sky!  It's a bird!  It's a plane!  No, it's...

SUPER MESSAGE!

EDIT:  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=212490.0  [duh...]

Dankedan: price seems low, time to sell I think...
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: