Bitcoin Forum
April 20, 2024, 02:24:23 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: ICANN taken over by the United Nations, your opinions?  (Read 922 times)
Masha Sha (OP)

Activity: 560
Merit: 252

View Profile
August 20, 2016, 08:42:21 AM

Personally I am afraid of it. I consider it an act of treason. I think the United Nations is one of the most corrupt organization on the face of the Earth. I believe that the United Nations charter give less individual and corporate rights than the us constitution and bill of rights. I believe that the campaign against the nsa is part of the Obama plot to transfer the control of ICANN do the UN.

What do you think?

For me ALL members of the United Nations are untrustworthy. They don't respect freedom of speech and don't consider it a God given rights. Here is a list of nations that I consider fundamental enemies of the United States -"and why:

- France says they are the country of the human rights: it's forbidden to speak about ip obfuscation on French Internet forum. It's illegal to promote the health benefits of canabis.

- Germany forbid the expression of people expressing anti diversity opinions.

- England prosecutes troll on the Internet.

- China still hasn't transitioned to a free unregulated unfirewalled internet. All critisms of local, provincial or national gov can lend you in Inner Mongolia until the end of time.

- Russia doesn't allow foreign servers, obsession with controlling what people see and read.

- Middle East a joke about a tribal leader can end you up in jail

- Iran ban and block most website

Furthermore the use of deep packet inspection increase the lag

As such it's an act of treason that Obama prepares before his exit and return to nothingness. Remember the fiasco of the Obamacare, received your premium increase? You can keep it? The transfer of ICANN I think will start the push for the end of freedom of expression on the Internet.

Look at what the un did in Haiti, cholera but they can't be sued. They are diplomatically immune. Look at the rape waves in Africa. Look at their SDR assault on the dollars.

Will it have a potential effect on Bitcoin? Time to see the pro on how to mitigate the risks (p2p encrypted wifi mesh network here I join).

/sarc /snowflakeshield /iammorevirtuousthanyou /2692 /pixelsonscreeen /fuckthemusep2p /p2p=love

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BADecker
Legendary

Activity: 3766
Merit: 1365

View Profile
August 20, 2016, 11:54:31 AM

When the U.N. takes over, ICANN no longer means freedom through worldwide communications. Rather, it means slavery for all. And the longer the U.N. controls it, the worse it gets.

Up with ICANN freedom; down with the U.N.

Cool

BUDESONIDE essentially cures Covid symptoms in one day to one week >>> https://budesonideworks.com/.
Hydroxychloroquine is being used against Covid with great success >>> https://altcensored.com/watch?v=otRN0X6F81c.
Masks are stupid. Watch the first 5 minutes >>> https://www.bitchute.com/video/rlWESmrijl8Q/.
Don't be afraid to donate Bitcoin. Thank you. >>> 1JDJotyxZLFF8akGCxHeqMkD4YrrTmEAwz
Masha Sha (OP)

View Profile
August 20, 2016, 01:58:29 PM

When the U.N. takes over, ICANN no longer means freedom through worldwide communications. Rather, it means slavery for all. And the longer the U.N. controls it, the worse it gets.

Cool

So it's the end of Internet as we known it? Why does Obama support it?

/sarc /snowflakeshield /iammorevirtuousthanyou /2692 /pixelsonscreeen /fuckthemusep2p /p2p=love
bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 1217

View Profile
August 20, 2016, 02:24:19 PM

Cool

So you mean that the UN supervision is worse when compared to the one by the US? I am not going to agree with this. The Americans were abusing their dominant position for too long, to favor their players. The United Nations may be corrupt. But I don't think that they are as authoritarian and arrogant as the Americans.
Masha Sha (OP)

View Profile
August 20, 2016, 02:28:52 PM

Cool

So you mean that the UN supervision is worse when compared to the one by the US? I am not going to agree with this. The Americans were abusing their dominant position for too long, to favor their players. The United Nations may be corrupt. But I don't think that they are as authoritarian and arrogant as the Americans.

Freedom of expression.

How did the Americans abused their positions? I don't see how and where the American used their positions... It will change nothing concerning the capabilities of the nsa. Fiber optic splitting and duplication will happen anyway.

You believe that the UN is trustworthy? LoL. I mean that the un is hell on earth paved with good intention for the gullible...

BADecker
Legendary

Activity: 3766
Merit: 1365

View Profile
August 20, 2016, 04:34:19 PM

Cool

The point isn't American supervision as it now stands. The point is that the sort-of baby abilities of the present U.N., would force supervision worse than that of the U.S., around the world, if allowed to grow to adulthood.

The U.S. is held at bay somewhat by the people of America. The U.N. has nothing like Americans to hold it at bay. The U.N. would become a world dictator supreme if allowed to proceed according to the designs of its designers.

Cool

BUDESONIDE essentially cures Covid symptoms in one day to one week >>> https://budesonideworks.com/.
Hydroxychloroquine is being used against Covid with great success >>> https://altcensored.com/watch?v=otRN0X6F81c.
Masks are stupid. Watch the first 5 minutes >>> https://www.bitchute.com/video/rlWESmrijl8Q/.
Don't be afraid to donate Bitcoin. Thank you. >>> 1JDJotyxZLFF8akGCxHeqMkD4YrrTmEAwz
tvbcof
Legendary

Activity: 4592
Merit: 1276

View Profile
August 20, 2016, 05:54:17 PM

My take is that this is going to be used as cover for the oligarchy to clamp down on our communication freedoms here in the U.S..  'Consensus of the global community...what can ya do?'

As for timing, I doubt that it will take very long.  It was only a couple of years ago that Obama granted the government the ability to kill people using robots here within our borders.  Rand Paul made a big stink about it with his filibuster and the 'consensus' was that he was nuts and the government would NEVER do anything like that.  Nobody really noticed, but a trial run happened in Dallas recently.  The whole thing was probably a hoax, but as and experiment it provided a good deal of feedback, legally it set precident, and socially it started the path to conditioning

Back to nameservice, DNS as currently implemented is a pretty archaic and weak method of addressing.  I sort of welcome an attack on it because something which can veg undeveloped for decades if unmolested can undergo rapid development when attacked.

Addressing in a combat environment is (I'm guessing) one of the things that will cause mesh networks to under-perform on many people's expectations.  It would be healthy to have nameservice attacks so that future developments on this front seek to address this issue.

If/when the internet is locked down, a smallish technical segment of the community will be able to communicate with reasonable freedom basically the next day.  Because there is a powerful desire for freedom of communication, that segment will grow rapidly.  The idea I outlined on the 'up like trump' thread seeks to deal with a situation where a minority, and potentially a fairly small one, can operate with some freedom while the majority cannot. [edit: yet still get information distributed broadly.]

sig spam anywhere and self-moderated threads on the pol&soc board are for losers.
criptix
Legendary

Activity: 2464
Merit: 1145

View Profile
August 20, 2016, 06:23:57 PM

^
Don't you people think that nations like China would have already take over the Internet if they could?
It seems not possible even for a nation state on the size of China (and we all know that they are the future super bullypower if there won't be another sino-xy war).

█████
                    ██████
                   ██████
                  ██████
                 ██████
                ██████
               ██████
              ██████
             ██████
            ██████
           ██████
          ██████
         ██████
        ██████    ██████████████████▄
       ██████     ███████████████████
      ██████                   █████
  ██████
 ███████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████
 ████████████████████████████████████

█████
                     ██████
                    ██████
                   ██████
                  ██████
                 ████████████████████
                 ▀██████████████████▀
.LATTICE - A New Paradigm of Decentralized Finance.

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌

▄████▄▄   ▄
█▄          ██████████▀▄
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀
notbatman
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1038

View Profile
August 23, 2016, 10:00:29 AM

It seems Namecoin may have a future after all...
Masha Sha (OP)

View Profile
August 29, 2016, 07:30:15 PM

Quote from: breitbart.com
Congress can still act to prevent the transfer: Sen. Ted Cruz (R-TX) and Rep. Sean Duffy (R-WI) have introduced the Protecting Internet Freedom Act, which would prevent the transfer of ICANN without Congressional approval.

Good move... This current admin beliefs and illusions  Roll Eyes

tvbcof
Legendary

View Profile
August 29, 2016, 08:06:16 PM

Congress can still act to prevent the transfer: Sen. Ted Cruz (R-TX) and Rep. Sean Duffy (R-WI) have introduced the Protecting Internet Freedom Act, which would prevent the transfer of ICANN without Congressional approval.

If Cruz suggests anything I'm by default against it without significant research.  As far as I'm concerned Cruz is a globalist creation, and they choose such a disgusting little creep mainly to discredit the so-called 'conservative' resistance movement.  He was supposed to be the dedicated choke artist like Romney and McCain before him to get a Hillary installed.  'They' probably would have preferred someone like Kaisic for this duty, but using someone like Cruz who was cultivated in the depleated soil of the religious right at least provides an opportunity to further discredit the potential threat from that quarter.

---

Back to DNS, I've for years deferred on working with some of the alternates.  I always meant to spend some time with DNSCurve one of these days, but doing anything more intellectually challenging than putting a filesystem on a disk is like burning cats to me ever since I bowed out of the industry.

I'd welcome suggestions about other developments in this category.  Bernstein is an impressive guy (to me as someone who is not put off by trolling) but he has a broad range of interests and a limited attention span and some of his efforts go unmaintianed/superseded.

sig spam anywhere and self-moderated threads on the pol&soc board are for losers.
Masha Sha (OP)

View Profile
August 29, 2016, 08:21:18 PM

If Cruz suggests anything I'm by default against it without significant research.  As far as I'm concerned Cruz is a globalist creation, and they choose such a disgusting little creep mainly to discredit the so-called 'conservative' resistance movement.  He was supposed to be the dedicated choke artist like Romney and McCain before him to get a Hillary installed.  'They' probably would have preferred someone like Kaisic for this duty, but using someone like Cruz who was cultivated in the depleated soil of the religious right at least provides an opportunity to further discredit the potential threat from that quarter.

---

Back to DNS, I've for years deferred on working with some of the alternates.  I always meant to spend some time with DNSCurve one of these days, but doing anything more intellectually challenging than putting a filesystem on a disk is like burning cats to me ever since I bowed out of the industry.

I'd welcome suggestions about other developments in this category.  Bernstein is an impressive guy (to me as someone who is not put off by trolling) but he has a broad range of interests and a limited attention span and some of his efforts go unmaintianed/superseded.

In short a republican Bernie sanders? So their goal is to make it fail so that the transfer to UN and widespread censoring can follow?

tvbcof
Legendary

View Profile
August 29, 2016, 08:32:33 PM

In short a republican Bernie sanders? So their goal is to make it fail so that the transfer to UN and widespread censoring can follow?

Sort of but not really.  Bernie, as a senile communist fossil, was supposed to be token opposition on the 'democrat' side in the laughable 2-party charade and easy opposition for the chosen one.  I imagine that the globalists were as surprised as I was that he caused so much grief.  We both underestimated the effectiveness of the conditioning which has impacted the sub-30yo crowd.  Unlike Bernie who is probably only now starting to figure things out, Cruz almost certainly is fully aware of the landscape and the role he is playing.

But we should try to stay on-track with the DNS thing on this thread even if we are on the 'politics and society' board.  I apologize and will try to resist deviating again.

Masha Sha (OP)

View Profile
August 29, 2016, 08:40:54 PM

Sort of but not really.  Bernie, as a senile communist fossil, was supposed to be token opposition on the 'democrat' side in the laughable 2-party charade and easy opposition for the chosen one.  I imagine that the globalists were as surprised as I was that he caused so much grief.  We both underestimated the effectiveness of the conditioning which has impacted the sub-30yo crowd.  Unlike Bernie who is probably only now starting to figure things out, Cruz almost certainly is fully aware of the landscape and the role he is playing.

But we should try to stay on-track with the DNS thing on this thread even if we are on the 'politics and society' board.  I apologize and will try to resist deviating again.

So what does Obama has to win supporting that? Why did he wait just before the election to do it?

Masha Sha (OP)

View Profile
August 30, 2016, 01:46:12 PM

"“Sec. 539. (a) None of the funds made available by this Act may be used to relinquish the responsibility of the National Telecommunications and Information Administration, during fiscal year 2016, with respect to Internet domain name system functions, including responsibility with respect to the authoritative root zone file and the Internet Assigned Numbers Authority functions.”"

Who cares anyway... Since when laws have a meaning, duh!

Ps you will love your eu&un internet, it's for your own good.

Masha Sha (OP)

View Profile
September 13, 2016, 04:48:10 PM

Major technology companies including Facebook, Google and Twitter are urging Congress to support a plan for the U.S. government to cede control of the internet’s technical management to the global community, they said in a joint letter dated on Tuesday

Strange, all the same companies that push illary with their algorithms and editorial boards... Suspect... What could be the reason to it? Because like in the case of Russia for the Paralympic, the censorship could fall on anyone of them. They like to be controlled and dislike the first amendment... Why so? Maybe to hide their censoring practices? Personally I have stopped using Google... F them! Bunch of low lives censors...

I would even support breaking Google... Like AT&T. It would make them angry. LoL

tvbcof
Legendary

View Profile
September 13, 2016, 07:01:36 PM

Major technology companies including Facebook, Google and Twitter are urging Congress to support a plan for the U.S. government to cede control of the internet’s technical management to the global community, they said in a joint letter dated on Tuesday

Strange, all the same companies that push illary with their algorithms and editorial boards... Suspect... What could be the reason to it? Because like in the case of Russia for the Paralympic, the censorship could fall on anyone of them. They like to be controlled and dislike the first amendment... Why so? Maybe to hide their censoring practices? Personally I have stopped using Google... F them! Bunch of low lives censors...

I would even support breaking Google... Like AT&T. It would make them angry. LoL

As much as I detest Microsoft, I do most of my news searches on Bing these days.  The search results really do seem to be quite different when it comes to political stuff.  Probably I should use Yahoo! also but I've never gotten around to it.  DuckDuckGo is pretty limited technically in this regard compared to the giants.

I'm hopeful that there will be a reasonable replacement for Google Apps (docs, e-mail handling, etc) and will be looking to migrate off of Google completely, but things are in a real state of flux right now that it is difficult to know what the landscape will be.  It almost certainly depends a lot on the outcome of the upcoming U.S. presidential election.

If the American Left are serious about clamping down on free speech and nixing the first amendment, and everything points to the conclusion that they are, I have every expectation that Google will be right there with them based on their performance of late.  Almost certainly Google will take a leading role in the project.  Hopefully I'll be able to pay for office services I need based in a free zone...maybe even Russia ironically enough.  The big question will be whether I'd even be able to access servers in such a zone.

The tech giants have been smugly confident that they now have the power to change elections.  One of THE most hopeful things to me about the Trump movement is that it is clear that their confidence was somewhat mis-placed.  An unhappy fall-out from this (whether Trump wins or loses) is that the globalist technocrats will be embarrassed, scared, and very very pissed off.  Look for their reaction to be swift and violent.  It will be even more clear to these folks that the U.S. and it's fucking stupid-ass constitution and antiquated ideas about individual liberty needs to be destroyed, and quickly.

Masha Sha (OP)

View Profile
September 13, 2016, 07:54:37 PM

A few ideas : search www.yandex.ru www.startpage.com

To communicate: retroshare (open source, friend to friend)

From wiki:"Communication   
The services that RetroShare offers for communication are :

a private chat
a private mailing system allow secure communication between known friends and distant friends
public and private multi-user chat lobbies
a forum system allowing both anonymous and authenticated forums which distributes posts from friends to friends
a channel system offers the possibility to auto-download files posted in a given channel to every subscribed peer, similar to RSS feeds
a Posted links system, where links to important information can be shared
VoIP calls
Video calls (since version 0.6.0)
Tor and I2P networks support, for further anonymisation (since version 0.6.0)."

Tails and Linux have all the softwares you need... For your handling.

Google is a few donnation away to congress to be splitted (Google search - YouTube - gmail - android phone Eco system - Google map and their car gig could all be new independent business entity (it would make more donantion from more CEOs (as it is corrupt, let's exploit it Grin).

They have grown so overconfident... Steem could have killed Twitter or reddit... There are so many killer app developers here on btc talks that a few will emerge... And myspace a few of the "software" giants...

I would be curious to know in the case of the left, if they oppose the constitution and it's amendments, don't they become domestic ennemies? Wanting to remove freedom of speech is quite an aggressive move. Personally I am sure they will do it... All leftists movement sooner or later refuse criticism and chose against dissenting voices.... Furthering their own demise. Imagine for a sec that Russia had reformed in 1930 and not recently... There would already be a space station around Jupiter Cool.

virtualx

Activity: 672
Merit: 507

LOTEO

View Profile
September 13, 2016, 11:37:31 PM

Namecoin solves the endless DNS problems that many users have. It also reduces the lookup time. The problem with Namecoin is not the technology itself but the marketing. None of the webbrowsers support it by default so the average internet user do not have any knowledge about it (they don't know about dns either). I don't think they will install an extension for something they don't understand. It's hard for Namecoin to reach the mass market. There has always been a market for the tech-minded people but that doesn't solve the problem mentioned above.

...loteo...
DIGITAL ERA LOTTERY

r

▄▄███████████▄▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄███████████████████████▄
▄██████████████████████████▄
▄██  ███████▌ ▐██████████████▄
▐██▌ ▐█▀  ▀█    ▐█▀   ▀██▀  ▀██▌
▐██  █▌ █▌ ██  ██▌ ██▌ █▌ █▌ ██▌
▐█▌ ▐█ ▐█ ▐█▌ ▐██  ▄▄▄██ ▐█ ▐██▌
▐█  ██▄  ▄██    █▄    ██▄  ▄███▌
▀████████████████████████████▀
▀██████████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀▀███████████▀▀
r

RPLAY NOWR
BE A MOON VISITOR!
[/center]
notbatman
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1038

View Profile
September 14, 2016, 01:03:00 AM

Namecoin solves the endless DNS problems that many users have. It also reduces the lookup time. The problem with Namecoin is not the technology itself but the marketing. None of the webbrowsers support it by default so the average internet user do not have any knowledge about it (they don't know about dns either). I don't think they will install an extension for something they don't understand. It's hard for Namecoin to reach the mass market. There has always been a market for the tech-minded people but that doesn't solve the problem mentioned above.

See how fast we get browser support when the UN starts saying "OK, we're redirecting x, y, z.com to confabulation.com because we feel their viewpoints are hateful and, discriminate against homosexuals and the mentally insane".
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: