Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 09:21:25 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Has NXTs price peaked?  (Read 6663 times)
ttookk (OP)

Activity: 994
Merit: 513

View Profile
September 21, 2016, 12:38:04 PM

Now you are just making up reasons thru your metaphors. But ok I will wait for that "NXT car" and let us see how it will go.

So from your final question you are clearly saying multi million dollar companies have no use for NXT. At least in that we both agree.

I can't wait myself to test the car prototype, understand your impatience Smiley

It would be utter nonsense to believe multi million dollar companies care about decentralized cryptocurrency. They will have their own custom centralized ledgers if their workflow requires them.

Decentralized cryptocurrency is for "we, the people" and for small companies, communities who can't afford to create and maintain their own ledgers. The latter is clientele of the Nxt 2.0 platform - they get help and outsource the need for a secure and reliable ledger to professionals. Similar to how they outsource other specialized jobs to contractors. The Nxt 2.0 "car" will carry much more than the Nxt 1.0 "motorcycle". Many of us love to have fun riding bicycles too, can't take that away.

That remains to be seen my friend. Until we see the day that the "NXT car" is being used effectively in the real world in a massive scale then it is all hype for now. Also the hype seems to be waning because look at the price of NXT it is going down. If you use that as a barometer it could mean that there is no interest in Ardor.

Also I advice everyone to look at this whole situation with care because it could be an exit strategy by the people behind NXT. So far it is not working because the price did not go up big.

I agree that it remains to be seen. As all serious investments this one is a long play. If it was fast, easy and surefire, there would be no honor in winning. The price is going down and it's not unexpected: a lot of people bought NXT for a short play to gain some Ardor and sell before the snapshot period is over. They will not get full amount of Ardor because they sell early, from their actions they probably don't care about the technology and it's alright, not everyone must or can. There are also investors who don't sell early, they need their full Ardor balance and then some after it starts trading on exchanges.

…wait, I'm confused. How are you able to get Ardor if you don't hold your NXT to the very end? I thought only those holding NXT at oct. 14th get Ardor?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
sandiman

Activity: 560
Merit: 501

View Profile
September 21, 2016, 12:44:35 PM

Now you are just making up reasons thru your metaphors. But ok I will wait for that "NXT car" and let us see how it will go.

So from your final question you are clearly saying multi million dollar companies have no use for NXT. At least in that we both agree.

I can't wait myself to test the car prototype, understand your impatience Smiley

It would be utter nonsense to believe multi million dollar companies care about decentralized cryptocurrency. They will have their own custom centralized ledgers if their workflow requires them.

Decentralized cryptocurrency is for "we, the people" and for small companies, communities who can't afford to create and maintain their own ledgers. The latter is clientele of the Nxt 2.0 platform - they get help and outsource the need for a secure and reliable ledger to professionals. Similar to how they outsource other specialized jobs to contractors. The Nxt 2.0 "car" will carry much more than the Nxt 1.0 "motorcycle". Many of us love to have fun riding bicycles too, can't take that away.

That remains to be seen my friend. Until we see the day that the "NXT car" is being used effectively in the real world in a massive scale then it is all hype for now. Also the hype seems to be waning because look at the price of NXT it is going down. If you use that as a barometer it could mean that there is no interest in Ardor.

Also I advice everyone to look at this whole situation with care because it could be an exit strategy by the people behind NXT. So far it is not working because the price did not go up big.

I agree that it remains to be seen. As all serious investments this one is a long play. If it was fast, easy and surefire, there would be no honor in winning. The price is going down and it's not unexpected: a lot of people bought NXT for a short play to gain some Ardor and sell before the snapshot period is over. They will not get full amount of Ardor because they sell early, from their actions they probably don't care about the technology and it's alright, not everyone must or can. There are also investors who don't sell early, they need their full Ardor balance and then some after it starts trading on exchanges.

…wait, I'm confused. How are you able to get Ardor if you don't hold your NXT to the very end? I thought only those holding NXT at oct. 14th get Ardor?

exactly, well orchestrated pump. Made quite a few benefits on Nxt and now got free ardors. It may be worth it to jump in for ignis and another last pump, but for the moment I am not touching this falling knife.
freshman777

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
September 21, 2016, 02:12:34 PM
Last edit: September 21, 2016, 02:24:00 PM by freshman777

Where did you read this? The Ardor announcement thread is the official information source for Ardor, don't read the Poloniex trollbox.

We have 3 weeks of Ardor snapshots left to flow into balances until trading of Ardor starts. Wow, I just realized this, 3 weeks only. Soon it will be a healthy bit less boring, Ardor speculation will be fun to play till Q3 2017.
1 Ardor should easily be >= 1 NXT.

ARDOR - Blockchain as a Service. Three birds with one stone. /// Do not hold NXT at exchanges, NXT wallets: core+lite, mobile Android
sandiman

View Profile
September 21, 2016, 02:38:10 PM

Where did you read this? The Ardor announcement thread is the official information source for Ardor, don't read the Poloniex trollbox.

We have 3 weeks of Ardor snapshots left to flow into balances until trading of Ardor starts. Wow, I just realized this, 3 weeks only. Soon it will be a healthy bit less boring, Ardor speculation will be fun to play till Q3 2017.

Could you care to elaborate the bold sentence ? this has no meaning unless you state the price of one NXT
freshman777

View Profile WWW
September 21, 2016, 02:46:05 PM

Could you care to elaborate the bold sentence ? this has no meaning unless you state the price of one NXT

Ardor will be traded on the NXT asset exchange, prices will be in NXT.
One or few centralized exchanges may or may not add trading of Ardor priced in satoshi.

Initially to buy Ardor you will need NXT. I don't care what price of NXT will be, I am talking what price of Ardor in NXT can easily be because it's so important to the future 2.0 platform. I don't see why it shouldn't be >= 1 NXT. Now since you obviously only care about satoshi price, I'll let you do math on it, since my concern is the long play that the 2.0 platform promises vs short term satoshi gains.

ARDOR - Blockchain as a Service. Three birds with one stone. /// Do not hold NXT at exchanges, NXT wallets: core+lite, mobile Android
sandiman

View Profile
September 21, 2016, 03:09:16 PM

One or few centralized exchanges may or may not add trading of Ardor priced in satoshi.

Initially to buy Ardor you will need NXT. I don't care what price of NXT will be, I am talking what price of Ardor in NXT can easily be because it's so important to the future 2.0 platform. I don't see why it shouldn't be >= 1 NXT. Now since you obviously only care about satoshi price, I'll let you do math on it, since my concern is the long play that the 2.0 platform promises vs short term satoshi gains.

Great, another asset that will create the ponzi we've seen for all valuable asset of nxt (which imo are not that valuable). When nxt pump, they pump, when next sink, they sink...
Fiat or at least BTC integration is the goal here my friend.
freshman777

View Profile WWW
September 21, 2016, 03:14:17 PM

Great, another asset that will create the ponzi we've seen for all valuable asset of nxt (which imo are not that valuable). When nxt pump, they pump, when next sink, they sink...

You ought to wait for the top price and sell all of your Ardor if you hold any and don't believe it will be useful in the future. The opportunity presents itself as early as October. Only a 3 week wait, my friend, be patient and you'll be able to offload it all very soon.

sandiman

View Profile
September 21, 2016, 03:57:56 PM

You ought to wait for the top price and sell all of your Ardor if you hold any and don't believe it will be useful in the future. The opportunity presents itself as early as October. Only a 3 week wait, my friend, be patient and you'll be able to offload it all very soon.

Please sell me your crystal ball  Roll Eyes
freshman777

View Profile WWW
September 21, 2016, 04:16:22 PM

You don't need a crystal ball to know that trading begins in October Cheesy

ttookk (OP)

Activity: 994
Merit: 513

View Profile
September 21, 2016, 07:17:38 PM

I can't really remember, where I read this. I guess, I just assumed… Dunno how I got to that conclusion, though.
sandiman

View Profile
September 22, 2016, 09:35:12 AM

if everyone knows it, won't happen. Welcome to the market my friend. Trading already begun long time ago on nxt  Wink
freshman777

View Profile WWW
September 22, 2016, 10:36:08 AM

if everyone knows it, won't happen. Welcome to the market my friend. Trading already begun long time ago on nxt  Wink

What do you mean trading won't happen in October? Smiley

I am talking about trading of Ardor token, it will be available for trading on October 12th on the NXT asset exchange.

You keep talking about NXT price. We're talking about different things, my friend Smiley

shanem
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 22, 2016, 01:34:25 PM

I don't get it why NXT collapsed so much in price when you can hold NXT and get Ardor on 14 Oct. I thought 3.5k satoshi was the bottom and bought many NXT at that price. Looks like I am wrong!
Hopefully, the value of ardor can help me recover my paper loss on NXT.

█           
           ██           
          ██████         
         ████████         
        ██████████       
       ████████████       
      ██████████████     
     ████████████████     
    ██████████████████   
   ████████████████████   
  ██████████▀▀██████████ 
 ███▀▄████▀    ▀████▄▀███
██▀ ▄██▀▀        ▀▀██▄ ▀██

░▄███████████▄░░░▄███████████▄░░▄███▄░░░░░░▄███▄░░▄██████████▄░░░████████████████░░░░██████████░░░░███████████████░░█████████████████
█████░░░░░░░███░████▀░░░░░▀████░█████▄░░░░▄█████░███▀░░░░░░▀███░███░░░░████░░░███░░███░░░░░░░░██░░███░░░░░░░░░░░███░███████░░░░██████
█████░░░░░░░███░████░░░░░░░████░▀█████▄░░▄█████▀░███░░░░░░░░███░███░░░░████░░███░░░███░░░██░░░███░███░░░██████░░███░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
█████░░░░░░░░░░░████░░░░░░░████░░▀█████░░█████▀░░███░░░░░░░░███░███░░░░███░░░███░░░███░░████░░███░███░░░██████░░███░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
█████░░░░░░░░░░░████░░░░░░█████░░░▀████▄▄████▀░░░███▄░░░░░░▄███░███░░░░███░░███░░░░██░░░████░░███░███░░░░░░░░░░███▀░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
█████░░░░░░░░░░░██████████████░░░░░▀████████▀░░░░████████████▀░░███░░░░░░░░░███░░░███░░░████░░░██░███░░░█████████░░░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
█████░░░░░░░███░████░░░░░░░████▄░░░░████████░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░███░░░░███░░░███░░██░░░░░░░░░░░██░███░░░░░░░░░░███▄░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
█████░░░░░░░███░████░░░░░░░█████░░░░████████░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░███░░░░████░░░███░██░░░░████░░░░█░███░░░█████▄░░███░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
███████████████░████░░░░░░░█████░░░░████████░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░███░░░░████░░░░██░██░░░██████░░░█░███░░░██████░░███░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
░▀███████████▀░░░███░░░░░░░████░░░░░░██████░░░░░░░██████░░░░░░░░░████████████████░███████████████░░███████████████░░░░░░█████████░░░░
|
▂▃▅ Quick buy and sell bitcoins online. Fast and secure ▅▃▂
Facebook】【Twitter】【Telegram】【Medium】【Instagram
|
sandiman

View Profile
September 22, 2016, 01:48:50 PM

I don't get it why NXT collapsed so much in price when you can hold NXT and get Ardor on 14 Oct. I thought 3.5k satoshi was the bottom and bought many NXT at that price. Looks like I am wrong!
Hopefully, the value of ardor can help me recover my paper loss on NXT.

Roll Eyes
wolffang

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 22, 2016, 07:51:47 PM

Update on TENNESSEE over the last weeks: https://nxtforum.org/general-discussion/(tnnse)-tennessee-updates/msg224684/#msg224684
 #Nxt #TNSSE #Ardor
vhong

Activity: 361

View Profile
September 23, 2016, 11:35:41 AM

Update on TENNESSEE over the last weeks: https://nxtforum.org/general-discussion/(tnnse)-tennessee-updates/msg224684/#msg224684
 #Nxt #TNSSE #Ardor

Looking good thank you for the update.

wolffang

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 24, 2016, 12:47:46 AM

Interested in learning more about #CoinShuffle? Check out this infographic to learn more about it and its integration with #Nxt!
startselect

Activity: 313

View Profile
September 27, 2016, 08:49:39 PM

NXT's price will peak next year. Then I don't know what will happen. I really like NXT so I hope it will be here ten years from now.
sandiman

View Profile
September 27, 2016, 09:51:17 PM

NXT's price will peak next year. Then I don't know what will happen. I really like NXT so I hope it will be here ten years from now.

nxt price peaking when development will stop? you've got a point
freshman777

View Profile WWW
September 27, 2016, 10:40:10 PM

nxt price peaking when development will stop? you've got a point

Development of Nxt 1.0 is not stopping till Q3 2018, that's almost 2 years from now, and then it can be resumed if there is demand from users. In all probability they will migrate to Nxt 2.0.

Development of Nxt 2.0 has just started this year.

Q: Which development will stop next year?
A: None. Not in Nxt.
This fact is not relevant to price, it's common knowledge that in crypto price rises are not related to development and features.

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: