Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 12:37:41 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Would it be legal to create new crypto?  (Read 23008 times)
benalexis12

Activity: 798
Merit: 117

View Profile WWW
January 24, 2018, 02:20:03 AM

Yes, i notice that every country has a regulation, they limit their citizen to invest in ICO that's why some countries especially in S.Korea and China are regulating new law about ICO. i think U.S right now is studying the rules on how to implement ICO coz the government itself don't want their citizen to invest in such a risky investment.

"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
coin_1122

Activity: 1134
Merit: 102

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 02:34:53 AM

I am from India and bitcoin is not illegal here nor it is regulated.Reserve Bank,the central bank,says it is still watching bitcoin revolution www.indiabitcoin.com/reserve-bank-of-india-governor-raghuram-rajan-speaks-about-bitcoin/ .
My question is if I create a cryptocurruncy (Some new Alt coin),will I be doing something illegal? Can I be put behind bars for creating a parallel currency,if it gets widely accepted?

There are thousands of alts, including ones in your country.
This forum has a sub-board for discussing alts in India.  Grin
So unless you plan on creating a ponzi scheme/swindle scheme, you should have nothing to worry.
Dont worry I have no intention to create a ponzi or scam anyone.I just one to know its legal aspect of creating a parallel currency

Off course you can create if you had a solid development team even though government should convince about your product. I nothing is impossible in this world, so I hear Indian government rules are completely different from other countries.
HappyDumper

Activity: 85
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 07:13:57 AM

Yes, creating a new crypto or electronic coin is legal as long as it was created by common good and complied in all requirements of the jurisdiction of the law or government agency.

MyCryptoBank  ――  Legal and Reliable Crypto Bank
Whitepaper  ――  CRYPTOBANK FOR CRYPTOCOMMUNITY  ――  Announce
―― Medium ―― YouTube ―― LinkedIn ―― Telegram ―― Facebook ―― Twitter ――
Johnyfun

Activity: 74
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 06:40:00 AM

It seems to me that the coins already there is such high competition that it can be very difficult. Even if you have no intention originally to create a Scam but the local people do not have available funds to invest in your project can turn it into a Scam. Maybe you should try to trade for bitcoins. This niche is now completely free.
Kinan07

Activity: 10

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 10:45:07 AM

Yes, because by making cryptocurrency alone will provide some benefits. This one of a safe method to get the cryptocurrency and enters the market for crypto newcomers. but this requires time, due to efforts to build our own funds with crypto compared to other methods.
Lehbane

Activity: 112

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 12:30:13 PM

Creating your own altcoin is not illegal, the thing that illegal about creating an altcoin is to steal from people but making a scam project and scam people with their work money, but if your intention is to help then I don't see any issues at all.
marielbeckham

Activity: 185

View Profile
May 11, 2018, 09:07:56 AM

Opinions differ so can't define what option is right in this particular case.
kashkarev55@mail.r

Activity: 196

View Profile
May 11, 2018, 09:40:41 AM

Yes, or rather, it will not be in the legal field, in other words, it is necessary to proceed from the principle of any democratic state "all that is not expressly prohibited by law is allowed", but until the state itself prohibits the eg, or someone acquires a patent for it.
Tigorss

Activity: 308

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 01:57:33 PM

I am from India and bitcoin is not illegal here nor it is regulated.Reserve Bank,the central bank,says it is still watching bitcoin revolution www.indiabitcoin.com/reserve-bank-of-india-governor-raghuram-rajan-speaks-about-bitcoin/ .
My question is if I create a cryptocurruncy (Some new Alt coin),will I be doing something illegal? Can I be put behind bars for creating a parallel currency,if it gets widely accepted?
no one forbids the creation of new coins depending on each country as you discuss India making new coins on its own and not just in India China has also started making its own coins and if there is anyone who forbids and on what basis the country is prohibited.
Sandeep24

Activity: 140

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 02:17:15 PM

I think you can start your own cryptocrunncy but it's future will be depending on its demand. Indian govt is allowed cryptocrunncy if you can pay tax on your income.
HaroldFinch

Activity: 99

View Profile
May 14, 2018, 10:27:12 AM

In most countries it's just not commented in a legislation, so yes, you can. It actually takes not more than 45 minutes to create your own tokens based on ERC-20.
BUK2016

Activity: 770
Merit: 126

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 10:57:40 PM

New altcoins are coming into crypto currency market on a daily basis because there is no restrictions for its creations. So, with above explanation it will not be illegal if you create any alternative crypto currency which will be wildly accepted.
BennyK

Activity: 672
Merit: 14

View Profile WWW
May 16, 2018, 08:09:51 AM

As it stands now India has ban all trades involving Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies. The official declaration came as a heavy blow to the cryptocurrency industry India as the Reserve Bank of India made it clear to all banks to unwind their trades with cryptocurrencies. Practically, there is no limitations in creating your own coins for a project with good ideology but the question is, "what is the status of cryptocurrency trades in your country of residence?" "Is it legal to do ICO?"

denny27

Activity: 546
Merit: 101

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 09:39:59 AM

New altcoins are coming into crypto currency market on a daily basis because there is no restrictions for its creations. So, with above explanation it will not be illegal if you create any alternative crypto currency which will be wildly accepted.
And moreover if indeed a country has legalized crypto or for the activities in crypto, of course., more people would have intended to make a certain project in crypto because anyhow of a new thing., it certainly would be used as an opportunity for profit making such as to create a cryptocurrency and help each other to gain mutual profit also the government would be support on it because it can be making its citizen to more advanced including that country I guess.

Magic Sarap

Activity: 350
Merit: 14

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 05:27:19 PM

I don't think so, think about bitcoin, it is a currency yet popular than the other but still some countries are hard to accept or legalize it. So, i think if you create a new maybe they ignore that too.

▬[  dClinic.io  ]▬  
▌ A Comprehensive Healthcare Ecosystem Powered by Blockchain  ▌
▬▬  PRE SALE ENDS 15th OCTOBER▬▬ | Twitter  | Telegram  | ANN  | Medium  | LinkedIn  | Facebook| ▬▬
Tapyaks72

Activity: 490
Merit: 28

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 10:15:01 PM

I don't think so, think about bitcoin, it is a currency yet popular than the other but still some countries are hard to accept or legalize it. So, i think if you create a new maybe they ignore that too.
If there is no legal basis so it is legal because if you create crypto currency it is  just like selling products to the peoples and that is  legal on the basis of pre market in a democratic country, if it is just not scam so it is legal.

CryptoMoar

Activity: 450
Merit: 107

🚀🚀 ATHERO.IO 🚀🚀

View Profile WWW
May 17, 2018, 04:31:42 AM

In my opinion. everybody can create their own coins and that's legal. currently many coins are circulating because many companies are creating their own coins to start a new business in the field of digital money trading. so if you want to create your own coins, it is perfectly permissible and you must have an organizational structure.

▀▀█▄▄    [websitewhitepaper]  ❒  ATHERO  ❒  .Internet 3.0 solution    ▄▄█▀▀
  A revolutionary decentralized digital economy 
▄▄█▀▀    Twitter  ◽  Facebook  ◽  Telegram  ◽  Youtube  ◽  Github   ▀▀█▄▄
Tigorss

Activity: 308

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 03:25:06 PM

Don't think it's illegal, they are still discussing what it is: an equity, a commodity or a security. I wouldn't worry about this question too much ..
what if it turns out that the new coin is the big investors who invested in bitcoin and eventually moved on to the new coins they make if you as a bitcoin user you will get a huge loss.
Kambal2000

Activity: 686
Merit: 257

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 04:18:29 PM

Don't think it's illegal, they are still discussing what it is: an equity, a commodity or a security. I wouldn't worry about this question too much ..
what if it turns out that the new coin is the big investors who invested in bitcoin and eventually moved on to the new coins they make if you as a bitcoin user you will get a huge loss.
I think that it is legal for as long as it has a purpose why it is existing and why should people would have to invest on it, and if it will just follow rules regarding the government policies then I think it would be fine.
Greenkarki

Activity: 420
Merit: 19

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 05:23:14 PM

The question should have been shooted out by many when bitcoin was introduced. Obviously yes it's allowed to create crypto currencies and yes we have crossed to far from such stage. The homework in creating a crypto remains stable everyday thus we can see more number of crypto currencies are created everyday. More to go.   

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: