Bitcoin Forum
June 26, 2024, 05:36:39 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [CLOSED] CoinLenders  (Read 226434 times)
Birdy

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 21, 2013, 10:32:18 AM

Great!
BigBitz

Activity: 672
Merit: 501

View Profile
April 21, 2013, 10:53:58 AM

New feature: Locking of withdrawal addresses!

You can now lock your account to a specific withdrawal address in Settings. I recommend doing this now - even if you don't think you will be hacked, it's better to be safe than sorry.

You can unlock the address, however it will take 14 days before you are able to withdraw to any address you like. An email alert is automatically sent when there is an unlock request.
Who pentested this site?

As a depositor and not a lender I would like to review the pentest.

Tips BTC --> 1BS2sYvy3T1cpNhie6CVFMcUrHa84a8mPa <-- Thanks! || Tips [LTC] --> LaytYJNCha7z7zcws5a2o2GWWjvWfDCGkr <--
🏰 TradeFortress 🏰 (OP)
Bitcoin Veteran
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1043

👻

View Profile
April 21, 2013, 11:02:23 AM

You can now lock your account to a specific withdrawal address in Settings. I recommend doing this now - even if you don't think you will be hacked, it's better to be safe than sorry.

You can unlock the address, however it will take 14 days before you are able to withdraw to any address you like. An email alert is automatically sent when there is an unlock request.
Who pentested this site?

As a depositor and not a lender I would like to review the pentest.
PM'd
Equilux

Activity: 353
Merit: 251

View Profile
April 21, 2013, 02:16:15 PM

Very nice!

Now I actually have one last concern; you say the deposits are insured, not FDIC insured but insured by you and your (BTC) assets. Could you provided somekind of proof for that? And are there people who have some proof of who you are, have some documents of you for instance? Smiley

Not to be rude, but Hashking offered a similar personal kind of insurance, which turned out to be not very impressive. Smiley

takagari
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 21, 2013, 05:53:24 PM

Made .00037781 BTC Over night. I like it, I'll be moving more coins to you as I buy them, but yes please increase security!
Zedeius

Activity: 18
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 21, 2013, 07:24:51 PM
Last edit: April 21, 2013, 10:08:54 PM by Zedeius

When you logout there is a typo in the message. It says: You have being logged out.

should be: You have been logged out*
jim667

Activity: 37

View Profile
April 21, 2013, 08:28:13 PM

When trying to change my password, I get the "Passwords do not match or are less than 8 chars." error. I am sure that my passwords are way longer than 8 chars, and I tried a couple times to be sure they match.  TradeFortress, could you please look at it?
001sonkit

Activity: 784

Casper - A failed entrepenuer who looks like Zhou

View Profile WWW
April 22, 2013, 02:39:46 AM

Reports~~~ Reports~~~ Everyone would like a report page for your site

GEMINI ACCOUNT REVIEW - Source of Funds Request
🏰 TradeFortress 🏰 (OP)
Bitcoin Veteran
VIP
Legendary

👻

View Profile
April 22, 2013, 02:57:03 AM

Very nice!

Now I actually have one last concern; you say the deposits are insured, not FDIC insured but insured by you and your (BTC) assets. Could you provided somekind of proof for that? And are there people who have some proof of who you are, have some documents of you for instance? Smiley

Not to be rude, but Hashking offered a similar personal kind of insurance, which turned out to be not very impressive. Smiley
Hashking had pirate exposure, I (obviously) do not Smiley. Regarding the insurance, it's through a combination of my bitcoin and fiat holdings as well as stop loss orders on gox & etc. Some people here in the community do know my name & who I am. It's also interesting how scammers like Pirate, all those deposit takers, Ian Bakewell, etc did few things and stayed within their comfort region, while I'm working on sites unrelated to coinlenders & a new non-PoW, PoS cryptocurrency Wink Also see my response later on

When you logout there is a typo in the message. It says: You have being logged out.

should be: You have been logged out*

Fixed, thanks!

When trying to change my password, I get the "Passwords do not match or are less than 8 chars." error. I am sure that my passwords are way longer than 8 chars, and I tried a couple times to be sure they match.  TradeFortress, could you please look at it?

Fixed, caused by the client hashing update, now should be alright!

Reports~~~ Reports~~~ Everyone would like a report page for your site

You mean an automatically updating list of CoinLender's holdings? Loans are quite simple to list, and I could use exchange APIs. The question is if I'm comfortable disclosing it - I don't always make money trading for example, but it's the overall picture that counts, and I don't want to be forced to liquidate assets and positions when there's a large run.

Speaking of which, helping people with resetting passwords & etc is taking a lot of my time. Please use KeePass or another password manager!
001sonkit

Activity: 784

Casper - A failed entrepenuer who looks like Zhou

View Profile WWW
April 22, 2013, 03:29:24 AM

ATC777 loan (remaining): 28.73 BTC (might go the way of Ian Bakewell)
scrybe line of credit: 35 BTC
Btcjam secured loan (remaining): 3 BTC
CoinLenders 20 BTC loan: 20 BTC

Total loans / lines of credit: 86.73 BTC

Total coins: 21.6 BTC

At least we get to know something from BTCINVEST

Keep looking forward Smiley

GEMINI ACCOUNT REVIEW - Source of Funds Request
shawshankinmate37927

Activity: 854

Bitcoin: The People's Bailout

View Profile
April 22, 2013, 03:31:51 AM

TradeFortress,

Something else I just thought about...

Is CoinLenders a one-man show?  Or, is there someone ready and able to fill your shoes, manage the assets/accounts, and keep things running smoothly if you were to be incapacitated due to some unfortunate event?  For example, if you had a heart attack or were involved in a car accident that required hospitalization for several days/weeks.

"It is well enough that people of the nation do not understand our banking and monetary system, for if they did, I believe there would be a revolution before tomorrow morning."   - Henry Ford
stenkross

Activity: 330
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 22, 2013, 06:23:38 AM

It seems to be a rounding error in the interest payments.
If I add up all my interest payments and my deposits, it does not match my bitcoin balance.
It's only 1 satoshi off, so it's no biggie really, but it could be worth looking into.

I sent you a mail with more details.
Keep up the good work!

// Stenkross
🏰 TradeFortress 🏰 (OP)
Bitcoin Veteran
VIP
Legendary

👻

View Profile
April 22, 2013, 06:49:57 AM

It seems to be a rounding error in the interest payments.
If I add up all my interest payments and my deposits, it does not match my bitcoin balance.
It's only 1 satoshi off, so it's no biggie really, but it could be worth looking into.

I sent you a mail with more details.
Keep up the good work!

// Stenkross
Hi,

Internally, CoinLenders were calculating balances and digits to 10 decimal places with the UI rounding it to 8 decimals. This behavior has being changed so now it should be consistent, even through the maximum difference previously was 1 satoshi.

Thanks!
BigBitz

View Profile
April 22, 2013, 09:33:34 AM

Good Job TF.

I still did not get anything back from you re; pentest information other than the person who carried it out. Did he provide a scanning methodology etc? I want to be safe in the knowledge my coins are secure. I am willing to confirm details for the other members also as I understand not everyone is as familiar with these practices as others.

Tips BTC --> 1BS2sYvy3T1cpNhie6CVFMcUrHa84a8mPa <-- Thanks! || Tips [LTC] --> LaytYJNCha7z7zcws5a2o2GWWjvWfDCGkr <--
chadqberry

Activity: 57

View Profile
April 22, 2013, 07:55:37 PM

TF,
Was Coinlenders down or affected at all when Gox was down yesterday (4/21)?
I noticed my password no longer worked during that time, I even submitted a request to get it reset.  Then as soon as Gox came back up and the market settled my password now works again at coinlenders.  I know it was not my own mis-type or forgetting the password since I use lastpass and it enters the password for me.  It also was not a capcha issue since it plainly says if your password is wrong or your captcha if that's the case. 
Somehow during the gox outage, coinlenders didn't recognize my password for some reason.  Were you possibly trying to limit loss during what was expected to be a crash? 
Thanks
ChadQberry
BigBitz

View Profile
April 22, 2013, 08:13:15 PM

TF,
I noticed my password no longer worked during that time, I even submitted a request to get it reset.  Then as soon as Gox came back up and the market settled my password now works again at coinlenders.  I know it was not my own mis-type or forgetting the password since I use lastpass and it enters the password for me.  It also was not a capcha issue since it plainly says if your password is wrong or your captcha if that's the case. 
Somehow during the gox outage, coinlenders didn't recognize my password for some reason.  Were you possibly trying to limit loss during what was expected to be a crash? 
Thanks
ChadQberry
I deposited yesterday and didn't notice it down when MtGox was down. I guess this might just be coincidence though, right?

On another note... CL Don't seem to be involved into fiat much as they state on their website they are not into currency risks so I don't think the availability of MtGox is overly important for their model.

takagari
Legendary

View Profile
April 22, 2013, 11:50:58 PM

I'll be honest I'll invest more every month,. I like seeing my investment climb even if it's a little bit.

If you ever hire for support etc. I'd love a chance to help out Smiley I'm a military member on Parental leave in Canada, So plenty of time off and collecting a pay check Smiley
🏰 TradeFortress 🏰 (OP)
Bitcoin Veteran
VIP
Legendary

👻

View Profile
April 23, 2013, 12:01:36 AM

TF,
Thanks
ChadQberry
We're not connected to gox, may be a cache issue regarding the client sided hashing - emailed.

I'll be honest I'll invest more every month,. I like seeing my investment climb even if it's a little bit.

If you ever hire for support etc. I'd love a chance to help out Smiley I'm a military member on Parental leave in Canada, So plenty of time off and collecting a pay check Smiley
Sorry but it's tricky if people other than my IP & login could view account information, change passwords, etc.  Smiley
takagari
Legendary

View Profile
April 23, 2013, 05:31:12 AM

Oh hah. Sorry. Obviously. I'd probably need to be blood related. If you ever need help elsewhere keep me in mind. I'd never expect password or account direct info.
🏰 TradeFortress 🏰 (OP)
Bitcoin Veteran
VIP
Legendary

👻

View Profile
April 24, 2013, 05:23:27 AM

If you were having problems verifying your account, send me a PM!
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »
  Print  

Jump to: