Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 06:28:38 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: KNC website update @ 400 GH is actually slower than it was before...  (Read 1249 times)
Paladin69 (OP)

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 30, 2013, 08:54:50 PM

Back when it said 350 GH, something on their website said that a 30% ORSoC firmware upgrade or something would come at a later date.  That has since been removed altogether.

350 GH x 1.30 = 455 GH

Do you guys remember that or am I imagining it?
CMMPro

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 30, 2013, 09:16:44 PM

It went from 350-400 and you are complaining they didn't hit 455?

You cant be for real, the chip variation in hashing will be +/- a few percent.  

Bitcoinorama

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 30, 2013, 09:19:36 PM

Original spec was 250gh/s with a minimum 30% increase. 350 gh/s was the minimum promised.

Make my day! Say thanks if you found me helpful Smiley BTC Address --->
1487ThaKjezGA6SiE8fvGcxbgJJu6XWtZp
ultrix

Activity: 125
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 30, 2013, 09:32:09 PM

Back when it said 350 GH, something on their website said that a 30% ORSoC firmware upgrade or something would come at a later date.  That has since been removed altogether.

350 GH x 1.30 = 455 GH

I don't see how one can misinterpret their statement about their implementation.  They are saying that their implementation is 30% more efficient (hence 30% more performant per unit of silicon) than competitors implementations.  It has nothing to do with multiplying their hash rates.  Also this has _nothing_ to do with firmware, nothing about firmware was ever mentioned.

I've been reading this forum for about two years, just recently signed up.  Having regrets currently as it seems to have gone the direction of attracting people who should die in fires to preserve the gene pool.
vvic

Activity: 144
Merit: 104

View Profile
June 30, 2013, 09:34:41 PM

it never cease to amaze me how people are never happy. However, I predict that if KNC delivers 400 GH/s in september, they will be mega heroes here. Plus it will kill, assassinate, muderize BFL's mini rig. 500 GH/s for 22k vs 400GHs for 7k... heh. Who else can compete with KNC? Avalon probably won't make anymore asics, just will be selling chips. AsicMiner is quite expensive for its speed.  But after KNC delivers in september there might be a price increase in their miners...
jspielberg

Activity: 490
Merit: 255

View Profile
June 30, 2013, 09:55:57 PM

Who else can compete with KNC?

Bitfury and KNC could be the clash of the titans.  Right now their chip is outputting only 2GH/s though (I think they were predicting 5GH).
vvic

Activity: 144
Merit: 104

View Profile
June 30, 2013, 10:15:35 PM

Bitfury does not officially sell outside of Russia though.
Paladin69 (OP)

View Profile
June 30, 2013, 10:16:18 PM

Never said I was unhappy guys.  Just something I noticed.  I wasn't sure what the full story was on that vague 30% I faintly remember.

I'm more than happy that someone competent is coming along to show BFL how to get 'er done.
Paladin69 (OP)

View Profile
June 30, 2013, 10:23:55 PM

Original spec was 250gh/s with a minimum 30% increase. 350 gh/s was the minimum promised.

When I spoke to them on the phone they told me it was upt to 30% on top of their new 350 GH (Back when pre-orders opened)

Back when it said 350 GH, something on their website said that a 30% ORSoC firmware upgrade or something would come at a later date.  That has since been removed altogether.

350 GH x 1.30 = 455 GH

I don't see how one can misinterpret their statement about their implementation.  They are saying that their implementation is 30% more efficient (hence 30% more performant per unit of silicon) than competitors implementations.  It has nothing to do with multiplying their hash rates.  Also this has _nothing_ to do with firmware, nothing about firmware was ever mentioned.

I've been reading this forum for about two years, just recently signed up.  Having regrets currently as it seems to have gone the direction of attracting people who should die in fires to preserve the gene pool.

Without going into detail, you are just plain wrong. The interpretation was correct in that it would be up to 30% increase from their estimate values. This is from an actual phone conversation with KnC and not speculation.

So it could actually still go higher than 400 GH yet?  I heard their chief component tinkering guy is a perfectionist.

I'm really happy with everything I've read about KNC so far.
Felipeo

Activity: 476
Merit: 262

EOSABC

View Profile
June 30, 2013, 10:30:12 PM

Bitfury and KNC could be the clash of the titans.  Right now their chip is outputting only 2GH/s though (I think they were predicting 5GH).

Yes they predicting 5GH/1W, get at least 2.7 GH/sec @ 0.8W/GH. But stop at 2GH because cost of additional on board hardware that can pump up GH is non acceptable for them now.

◆Telegram  ♠️ ♣️ ♥️ ♦️    www.eosabc.io   ♦️ ♣️ ♥️ ♠️  ◆Whitepaper
♠️   EOSABC redefine games with blockchain   ♠️
♥️  Win EOS on eosabc.io Everyday    ♥️
ultrix

Activity: 125
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 30, 2013, 10:59:55 PM

Without going into detail, you are just plain wrong. The interpretation was correct in that it would be up to 30% increase from their estimate values. This is from an actual phone conversation with KnC and not speculation.

I also have exchanged communications with Marcus.  To quote their website as of a few months ago before the illiterates harped on this point to no end (and now again).

Quote from: kncwebsite
An additional gain of 30% more hashing when the advanced algorithms provided by ORSoC are applied.

This was from the day they announced the Jupiter, hence no reference point.   If I had to guess the gain would be due to pre-computing K+H+M in the prior cycle since all values are known ahead of time.
dan99

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 01, 2013, 12:42:53 AM

Bitfury already has the chip and Asicminer plan to go for PH soon and I don't think anyone can match them. They are making tons of money from the usb drive to buy more mining hardware!!
Paladin69 (OP)

View Profile
July 01, 2013, 01:07:03 AM

Bitfury and KNC could be the clash of the titans.  Right now their chip is outputting only 2GH/s though (I think they were predicting 5GH).

Bitfury already has the chip and Asicminer plan to go for PH soon and I don't think anyone can match them. They are making tons of money from the usb drive to buy more mining hardware!!

Then it is in everybody's best interest to never support anyone who mines with what they develop.  Don't support any company that uses anything but testnet for themselves.

The Chinese can't afford their own products.  China will destroy small miner income ability with small miner western money.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: