Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 04:03:27 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Can some one share his feelings after buying 1k BTC today?  (Read 3182 times)
BrightAnarchist
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 853
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 28, 2013, 02:01:42 PM

In the long run? Very possible, but even giving the massive increase in user-base and lower block reward, I expect a correction. This is a classic bubble.

Almost textbook. And amazing how so few can see this.

I agree this is why i sold everything I had in BTC (except an emergency fund)

I keep hoping to wake up and see a 20-35% crash

Not yet - it still needs to finish the last few waves of a parabolic blowoff - see lucif's wave count it's spot on

Things are going to get much, much more wacky before sanity returns, like over $200/coin before the next crash starts

Have patience

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
deathcode
Copper Member

Activity: 1428
Merit: 253

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
March 28, 2013, 02:19:47 PM

I feel pity for the people that sold. I mean, you're in BTC for two reasons, money, and research.

Money: You want to make a ton of it, everybody wants that and we all agree.
Research: You're a nerd, you like cryptography, you're an anarchist, libertarian or any of those stupid labels, you like the concept of a deregulated cryptocurrency and you think it's the future.

So, why the hell are people selling? it's been proven time and again (except the big crash in 2011) that bitcoin is going up.
EVEN if the bubble burst, do you honestly think you'll be see bitcoin under $50 ever again? (Unless there's a major security flaw in the protocol or MTGox gets hacked again) both scenarios unlikely due to the recent upgrades and changes to the platform.

I started mining in August 2012 and I consider myself a late adopter yet, my current profits are bordering 800%
Do I care if I see a retract in gains from 800% to 300%? Of course not! I'm still making money. And most of you are! so why selling?
The way I see it, people here are either making money or "losing opportunities" to make money, which is a fancy way to call it losing money.
Agreed that taking profits never killed anyone, and it's ohh so tempting to sell.
Be wise, be patient and you'll see even bigger margins on your favor.
And that's all I have to say about that.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
Mars,           
here we come!
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
ElonCoin.org.
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"

▬▬▬▬▬
Evan

Activity: 507
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 28, 2013, 03:34:36 PM

I feel pity for the people that sold. I mean, you're in BTC for two reasons, money, and research.

Research: You're a nerd, you like cryptography, you're an anarchist, libertarian or any of those stupid labels, you like the concept of a deregulated cryptocurrency and you think it's the future.

So, why the hell are people selling? it's been proven time and again (except the big crash in 2011) that bitcoin is going up.
EVEN if the bubble burst, do you honestly think you'll be see bitcoin under $50 ever again? (Unless there's a major security flaw in the protocol or MTGox gets hacked again) both scenarios unlikely due to the recent upgrades and changes to the platform.

I started mining in August 2012 and I consider myself a late adopter yet, my current profits are bordering 800%
Do I care if I see a retract in gains from 800% to 300%? Of course not! I'm still making money. And most of you are! so why selling?
The way I see it, people here are either making money or "losing opportunities" to make money, which is a fancy way to call it losing money.
Agreed that taking profits never killed anyone, and it's ohh so tempting to sell.

Death Ill give you a call on you BTC at @$10 from now until the end of time... remember this when we are back to 10,000btc for 2 pizza

I am poor, but i do work for Coin Smiley
1PtHcavXoakgNkQfEQdvnvEksEY2NvwaLM
ABitBack

Activity: 524
Merit: 502

View Profile
March 28, 2013, 08:08:12 PM

Everything is so much clearer with hindsight. The potential upside for BTC is vast, even now. The man in the street hasn't heard of it. Its like the internet back in '94.

We'll see wild price swings, certainly a massive correction is in order, but there is too much upside still in this.

$1,000 = 1BTC ... very possible

In the long run? Very possible, but even giving the massive increase in user-base and lower block reward, I expect a correction. This is a classic bubble.

Ooh I'm not sure about that. Bitcoin in my eyes is just a way of introducing the world to crypto currency. Crypto currency is the future but not bitcoin.

wachtwoord
Legendary

Activity: 2324
Merit: 1125

View Profile
March 28, 2013, 08:34:12 PM

This is amazing!  Cheesy
Rodyland

Activity: 499
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 29, 2013, 10:53:21 AM

Death Ill give you a call on you BTC at @$10 from now until the end of time... remember this when we are back to 10,000btc for 2 pizza

I know you're only joking, but.... You're offering to buy a put option for $10/btc, no expiry date?  What sort of option premium you offering?  I suspect I may not be the only person willing to take the other side of that trade, although "until the end of time" kinda sucks.  How about we go for something more realistic - say, life or 50 years, whichever is longer?

Beware the weak hands!
1NcL6Mjm4qeiYYi2rpoCtQopPrH4PyKfUC
GPG ID: E3AA41E3
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: