Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 06:57:22 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: The Bitcoin Relationship Thread: G/F, Wife, Significant Other...etc... Tales...  (Read 5778 times)
Aswan
Legendary

Activity: 1734
Merit: 1015

View Profile
April 05, 2013, 07:53:55 AM

After I began talking about bitcoin more and more when the rally began, my gf was like "Good for you but I'm not really interested". I kept talking about it... So a few days ago she bought 2 BTC. Well I bought them for her and since that she watches the BTC chart every day at work Cheesy

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
farlack
Legendary

Activity: 1311
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 05, 2013, 07:56:21 AM

Everyone I tell bitcoins about they think I'm nuts, an idiot, stupid, ponzi, etc.

I got forced a friend to buy 1 coin at $40, he checks the charts every day.

Hell... I even have rich people I know try to get to jump aboard... they want nothing to do with it, they say the above ^^^ even after they see the price rise.
mai77

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 05, 2013, 07:59:35 AM

My GF bitched me out last night because she said I wouldn't stop talking about Bitcoin and I wasn't paying enough attention to her and all I did was watch stupid boring charts. Then she reiterated her point that BTC is illegal and will be shutdown eventually (ironic she says that because she is an attorney and has no freaking clue what BTC is).  Then she put her hands on her hips and told me if I was making so much money I needed to take her to a nice dinner or else there was no point being together! lol!

So I am thinking of dumping her? Anyone else ended a relationship over BTC? haha

dump da bitch
BitMonkey

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 05, 2013, 08:03:53 AM

My gf used to get so mad over it.
Your not alone. If you like her, make some time for her. Bitcoin will still be here, she may not.

dserrano5
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1029

View Profile
April 05, 2013, 04:16:50 PM

I'm the local hero at work. Since we reached $100 and the news flooded the media, several coworkers came and told me "Hey, that bitcoin stuff is doing fine no?" "You going to retire?" "How many do you have?" "Man, I would sell everything right now" "The bubble is about to pop" "I'm not joining the ponzi".

I've been pestering them since $20 so the range of different reactions is pretty understandable Smiley. However they refuse to buy! I guess they just think they missed the boat.
SkRRJyTC
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 05, 2013, 04:21:43 PM

I'm the local hero at work. Since we reached $100 and the news flooded the media, several coworkers came and told me "Hey, that bitcoin stuff is doing fine no?" "You going to retire?" "How many do you have?" "Man, I would sell everything right now" "The bubble is about to pop" "I'm not joining the ponzi".

I've been pestering them since $20 so the range of different reactions is pretty understandable Smiley. However they refuse to buy! I guess they just think they missed the boat.

Sounds too familiar Tongue
glub0x
Legendary

Activity: 892
Merit: 1013

View Profile
April 05, 2013, 06:20:21 PM

Sounds too familiar Tongue
I remember when was $10 and some of my friends where shocked that something virtual can cost 10$ for them it was obviously a bubble.
140, same reaction.

The cost of mediation increases transaction costs, limiting the
minimum practical transaction size and cutting off the possibility for small casual transactions

Satoshi Nakamoto : https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
shkiser

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 05, 2013, 06:44:06 PM

My g/f says she is afraid I am going to get into trouble for not paying taxes on all of the money I make from bitcoin. She doesnt like it at all, and refuses to listen to anything I say in reference to bitcoin. She says I sit on the computer all day and play with my btc..

Ive advised her to invest some money in btc aswell, and she says no.. We're complete opposites. She is closed minded, go with the flow, do what everyone else is doing, and all about status quo, I am open minded, always blazing my own trail, and trying to live life to its fullest. I dont think working for the man, or working for someone else has ever freed anyone. I believe in family values, and spending time with your family. She harps on me for spending 8+ hours/day researching btc, looking at charts etc, while my daughter is at school, but she thinks nothing of her sitting on facebook all night when her daughter is home, showing her no attention..
Somethings wrong with her for sure. lol Ive been contemplating a break up for a while, but still love her very much. Its hard to compromise with a female Wink No offense ladies.

Free Litecoin Faucet ---> http://ltc4you.com/?r=6840
cancis

Activity: 38
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 05, 2013, 08:06:02 PM

Similar story here. I kept fairly quiet about it, but somehow I keep getting stopped in the halls and asked things like "hey, you're really into Bitcoin aren't you?". A few have asked if they should get into mining with GPUs, which always ends up being a half-hour discussion about difficulty increases, ROI, hashrates of various hardware configurations, etc. I don't proselytize ASICs, usually, as I really don't want to be responsible for the potential buyer's remorse of buying a BFL ASIC.  Grin

As for the girlfriend, she got a bit fussy in 2011 when NewEgg's packages arrived and I spent a solid 72 hours pumped full of adderall building out my 6950 rigs. That ended around the same time we had a fully bitcoin-funded weekend getaway. I gave her 5BTC back in February with the option to cash them out or keep them as an investment. She kept 'em, and I pretty much have a free pass to do whatever bitcoin-related activities I want now.

She even has Zhou Tonged's "Holding" (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NG1qooBzE2w) just about memorized now, huehuehue.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  

Jump to: