Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 11:59:12 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: I need help locating my bitcoins and litecoins from2013  (Read 197 times)
slinder (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 25, 2017, 10:51:23 PM

Greetings,
I am about to sound a little crazy but I basically one day in 2013, bought around $200 bit and litecoins. I remember also opening a wallet as well. Well I bought them and put them in the wallet and I have absolutely have no idea how to locate them. I have some "cryptic" letters and numbers in my iphone notes but I can't find where they are. I know that sounds crazy like how could you have done that but I just need to hire someone maybe? I got a message from some email at mnet-ONLINE.de that said my blockchain account had been credited with 0.55 BTC today. I am sure that was not the name of the wallet when i opened it in 2013.
any help would be appreciated. Thanks S
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
doothewop

Activity: 332
Merit: 250

I like the clowns and the little dogs

View Profile WWW
September 25, 2017, 10:52:57 PM

I got a message from some email at mnet-ONLINE.de that said my blockchain account had been credited with 0.55 BTC today. I am sure that was not the name of the wallet when i opened it in 2013.
any help would be appreciated. Thanks S

I got that same email, it was a phishing scam. I hope you didn't follow the link.
I actually got 3 different versions of the same email, deleted them all.

Good luck finding your money!
slinder (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 25, 2017, 11:10:11 PM

Well, ok, is that a legit site though? I did not enter any personal info because I noticed that was the only message I had received from them.
Is there a log of buyers?
Are they taxable? It seems like right around now the IRS would tell me I forgot to claim gains or losses?
Thank you
BitMaxz
Legendary

Activity: 3248
Merit: 2955

Block halving is coming.

View Profile WWW
September 25, 2017, 11:54:14 PM

Well, ok, is that a legit site though? I did not enter any personal info because I noticed that was the only message I had received from them.
Is there a log of buyers?
Are they taxable? It seems like right around now the IRS would tell me I forgot to claim gains or losses?
Thank you

If its a phishing meaning they are collecting a personal data from you either real name with your debit card or your username and password and real information.. so if you seen and receive an email and never heard them better to ignore them or move them into trashcan or spam ..

For your bitcoin and litecoin better to give us more info if you are using smart phone or desktop or what os you are using..
Let me know if what wallet you are using also let me know if you successfully bought bitcoin. .
And where did you buy bitcoins .
So that we know what will actually your problems about bitcoin and maybe your transaction in bitcoin just delayed and its still not getting confirm ..

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████