Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 10:41:43 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Blockchain is charging high fees - $0.25 for sending 1 Bitcoin transfer  (Read 6073 times)
Get-Paid.com (OP)

Activity: 1821
Merit: 386

View Profile
August 29, 2016, 06:36:20 AM

what is up with this misleading comments. i see another one up there from a legendary member which is so much weirder! and it was explained before!

running a full node only lets you broadcast your tx with whatever fee you like (even zero/free) but miners decide to include your tx in a block or not so in fact it doesn't matter in the end.

Sincere apologies but ...

full node?
broadcast tx?
miners?

It's all gibberish for us.

We like to keep things simple - we pay our members in Bitcoins because many of them like to use Bitcoins ... we are not into the business of learning how to work with Bitcoins, we just use it to pay members and that's all we need. The Internet is far too full of so much information, there is no time to "learn" it all. Thanks

🍀 Read our Blog how to make money from Gambling --> https://gamblingfreebies.com/ 🍀

💰 Our Top Bitcoin Faucet --> https://freebitcoin.io 💰

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Get-Paid.com (OP)

View Profile
August 29, 2016, 06:37:08 AM

$0.25 as a miner fee for sending $575 worth of bitcoin?  That sounds reasonable to me, unless you mean something else.  I've paid higher fees to send less bitcoin in the past using Android wallets.  What you described doesn't sound all that high.

Where did we say we sent $575 USD worth of Bitcoins?!
 Huh Huh Huh Huh

🍀 Read our Blog how to make money from Gambling --> https://gamblingfreebies.com/ 🍀

Get-Paid.com (OP)

View Profile
August 29, 2016, 06:39:59 AM

We were using Blockchain with our site for quite a while but this has become ridiculous - they were charging around $0.04 initially for sending 1 Bitcoin transfer but now if we paid a member $1.50 for instance (worth of Bitcoins, a minimal amount) we would see a $1.75 deduction i.e. $0.25 is in fees!

That's absolutely ridiculous, yesterday it was $0.11 and now it's $0.25 - they keep on raising the fees.

Is this normal?

Some guys misunderstanding op he said sending $1.50 worth btc Blockchain charge fees $0.25 worth btc.I don't think its normal.Most of the people not having 1000 btc and they paid $0.25 worth btc for their transaction fees.I saw some transaction fees are more than actual transferred amount of btc.this is really ridiculous  Grin

Yes, thanks for dedicating the time to read.
We also said (in the previous page of this thread - page #3) that another member helped us with a very useful comment - we had to dig among lots of gibberish here (e.g. node, miners, txs or taxes?, wallets ZFA and other gibberish) in order to find what we were looking for. Thanks again.

Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
August 29, 2016, 07:19:46 AM

But $0.25 for $1.50 worth of bitcoin isn't reasonable, and that's the situation that is also outlined in the OP.
Don't blame the network for improperly using it. There are certain things called inputs, and outputs which determine the transaction size (among other things).

Sincere apologies but ...
full node?
broadcast tx?
miners?

It's all gibberish for us.

We like to keep things simple - we pay our members in Bitcoins because many of them like to use Bitcoins ... we are not into the business of learning how to work with Bitcoins, we just use it to pay members and that's all we need. The Internet is far too full of so much information, there is no time to "learn" it all. Thanks
These two concepts are fairly simple in my opinion and are far from "learning how Bitcoin works" (in depth at least). While this advice was actually flawed, it isn't "gibberish" in itself.

Also, please avoid creating unnecessary consecutive posts like this. You can quote several previous posts in one post.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
marlboroza
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 2270

View Profile
September 02, 2016, 06:42:42 PM

We were using Blockchain with our site for quite a while but this has become ridiculous - they were charging around $0.04 initially for sending 1 Bitcoin transfer but now if we paid a member $1.50 for instance (worth of Bitcoins, a minimal amount) we would see a $1.75 deduction i.e. $0.25 is in fees!

That's absolutely ridiculous, yesterday it was $0.11 and now it's $0.25 - they keep on raising the fees.

Is this normal?

This is odd, i sent 5$ few hours ago and payed 0.07$ fee. You didn't provide much information about transaction, whats tx size? Did you know that you can adjust fees when sending? Only thing you need to do is click advanced button and enter fee
Jatmin

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 06, 2016, 07:39:29 AM

Is this normal?

This is odd, i sent 5$ few hours ago and payed 0.07$ fee. You didn't provide much information about transaction, whats tx size? Did you know that you can adjust fees when sending? Only thing you need to do is click advanced button and enter fee

The average mempool size is about 3MB. So you usually to pay higher than the recommended fees per kB.
thebatletbet

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 06, 2016, 11:44:49 PM

Is this normal?

blockchain fee transfer you can self setting every send
minimum fee send is 12.5 k satoshi is very low
coinzat

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

Young but I'm not that bold

View Profile
October 03, 2016, 05:18:30 AM

You can simply change the fees to whatever you want. You may have to wait longer to get confirmations for the transaction but you do nothave to pay a specific amount at all
viking02

Activity: 770

🌟 COMSA ICO: 10/02/17 🌟

View Profile
October 16, 2016, 04:47:12 AM

Can someone tell me what is the default fee for blockchain sending bitcoin?  I use electrum where default fee is usually 6 cents to 25 cents but mostly its 6-8 cents.  Does blockchain offer option for no fee?  But doing this is bad since transaction can take very long right and not worth it?

,,,,╓╖µpp╖╖,,,,
                         ,╓g▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄µ╖          ,╖
                     ,╓@▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓Ñ╖    ,@▓▌
                  ,á▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓µ╫▓▓▓▌
                ╓@▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▓▀╜╙            '╙▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
              ╓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▓▀`                       ╙▀▓▓▓███████▌
             @▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▀`            ,,,,,         ,g▓███████▀`
           ╓▓▓▓▓▓▓██▀         ,µ▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▓▓▓▄@, ,@▓███████▀
          ]▓▓▓▓███▓`       ╓▄▓█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█████████████▓╜
         ]▓▓▓▓█▓█╝       ╓▓█████▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓████████████▀╜
         ▓▓▓▓███▌       ╙▓███████▓▒       "▀▓██████▀`
        ╫▓▓▓███▌          "▀████████▄        '▓██▀
        ▓█▓███▓▒            `▀████████▄,       `
       ]▓█████▌                ╙████████▓,
       ]▓█████▌                  ╙▓█▓█▓▓▓█▓╖
       ]▓█████▌                    ╙▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╖
        ▓█████▓[            ,,       `▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄
        ▓██████[            ╓@        ╙▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╖
        ╠██████▓          ╓▓▓▓▓m        ╙▓█▓▓▓▓▓█▓@
         ▓█████╜       ,g▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄╖╖,,,╓╖▓▓██▓▓▓▓▓▓
         └▓█▓╜       ,@▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓████████████▓▓█▀
          '"       ╓@▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▓▓▓▓█████████████▀╙        ,
                 ╓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╜    ╙▀▀▀▀▓▓▓▀▀▀▀╜          ╓▓▓▓╖
               g▓█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓`                          ,g▓▓▓▓▓▓▓w
            ,g▓██████████▓▄,                    ,╓@▓▓█▓▓▓█▓██╜
            ▓████████████████▓▄▄p╖,,     ,,╓µ▄▄▓██████████▓╜
            ▓█████╜╙▀███████████████████████████████████▀`
            ▓██▓╜     "▀▀███████████████████████████▀╜`
            ▓▀`            ╙▀▀▀███████████████▀▀▀"
. COMSA
ICO: Oct 2 - Nov 6
█████
▄▄▄
███
███
▀▀▀
███
███
███
▀▀▀
███
███
███
█████
█████
▄▄▄▄▄
█████
█████
▀▀▀▀▀
█████
█████
█████
▀▀▀▀▀
█████
█████
█████
█████
Rmanik

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

Kiss me

View Profile
October 19, 2016, 03:49:51 PM

why use blockchain?? try Xapo or coinbas wallet.both of are tranjecstion fess are totally free.both of are safe and secure.i am using coinbas from the begening.i strongly reccomended you to used coinbas for tranjecstion fess free service.

Looking for a reliable bitcoin mixing service? CoinMixer.se
examplens
Legendary

Activity: 3276
Merit: 3172

Crypto Swap Exchange

View Profile WWW
October 24, 2016, 07:37:37 AM

I leave blockchain, he charges me fee 0.013btc on 0.38BTC transaction. Seems too much for this amount
Welcome, Coinbase.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
btccashacc
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 24, 2016, 03:36:07 PM
Last edit: October 25, 2016, 04:57:10 AM by btccashacc

I leave blockchain, he charges me fee 0.013btc on 0.38BTC transaction. Seems too much for this amount
Welcome, Coinbase.
iam suprissed it's too high I thought we could adjust the transaction fee even zero fee but of course the recommendation fee we should used it. Untill now i still used blockchain for storing spendable amount, i actually want use coinbase, but i am so scare because there so many cases out there about locked account or being frozen.

Can someone tell me what is the default fee for blockchain sending bitcoin?  I use electrum where default fee is usually 6 cents to 25 cents but mostly its 6-8 cents.  Does blockchain offer option for no fee?  But doing this is bad since transaction can take very long right and not worth it?
as far as i know the fastest and cheapest transaction fee is currently 60 satoshis/byte, correct me if iam wrong.
altcoinhosting

Activity: 896
Merit: 1006

View Profile
October 24, 2016, 08:11:23 PM

Welcome, Coinbase.
iam suprissed it's too high I thought we could adjust the transaction fee even zero fee but of course the recommendation fee we should used it. Untill now i still used blockchain for storing spendable amount, i actually want use coinbase, but i am so scare because there so many cases out there about locked about or being frozen.
Actually, such high fees can happen... Remember: the fee is calculated based on the size of the transaction (in bytes).
If this user created a transaction using hundreds of inputs, the fee can become really big...
The only way of knowing what really happened is if we get to see the transaction id.

Can someone tell me what is the default fee for blockchain sending bitcoin?  I use electrum where default fee is usually 6 cents to 25 cents but mostly its 6-8 cents.  Does blockchain offer option for no fee?  But doing this is bad since transaction can take very long right and not worth it?
as far as i know the fastest and cheapest transaction fee is currently 60 satoshis/byte, correct me if iam wrong.

If i need fast confirmations, i do the following thing:
1) estimate the size of the transaction based on the number of inputs and outputs
2) multiply this size in bytes by the number i find on this website: https://bitcoinfees.21.co/
3) round up

60 satoshi's per byte, at time of writing, would have you waiting between 0 and 50 minutes on average.
80 satoshi's per byte has a big chance of getting in the very next block

BUT, you can go as low as 11 satoshi's per byte and still have a reasonable chance of getting a confirmation within 6 hours...

btccashacc
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 25, 2016, 05:27:28 AM

Actually, such high fees can happen... Remember: the fee is calculated based on the size of the transaction (in bytes).
If this user created a transaction using hundreds of inputs, the fee can become really big...
The only way of knowing what really happened is if we get to see the transaction id.
Well i got it and also the highest fee you provide the fastest confirmation you get, right?
The alternative for sending little amount i think we should use a free service like coinbase or xapo to get zero fee aka free.

1) estimate the size of the transaction based on the number of inputs and outputs
2) multiply this size in bytes by the number i find on this website: https://bitcoinfees.21.co/
3) round up

60 satoshi's per byte, at time of writing, would have you waiting between 0 and 50 minutes on average.

BUT, you can go as low as 11 satoshi's per byte and still have a reasonable chance of getting a confirmation within 6 hours...
Thank you for your clear and helpful explanation, i have checked the website that you mentioned above and they said that the fastest and cheapest transaction fee is currently 100 satoshis/byte it means 10,000 Sathosis or around $ 0.07.
examplens
Legendary

Activity: 3276
Merit: 3172

Crypto Swap Exchange

View Profile WWW
October 25, 2016, 05:53:14 AM

Here are similar transactions from "July 19 @ 11:46 AM":

Value when Sent
:
$270.09 (0.4BTC)

Transaction Fee
:
0.00263758 BTC

I have not used any advanced transaction fee.
and October 20 @ 11:06 AM:

Value when Sent
:
$245.05(0.39BTC)

Transaction Fee
:
0.0101365 BTC

and here is an explanation:
This is an oversized bitcoin transaction!
Your wallet needs to consolidate many smaller payments you've received in the past. This requires a relatively high fee in order to be confirmed quickly.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
altcoinhosting

Activity: 896
Merit: 1006

View Profile
October 26, 2016, 05:07:03 AM

Well i got it and also the highest fee you provide the fastest confirmation you get, right?
The alternative for sending little amount i think we should use a free service like coinbase or xapo to get zero fee aka free.

Allmost right, it's up to the miners to pick the transactions they want to include into blocks... Maybe some miners still reserve some space for 0 fee high priority transactions, who knows Wink
Usually tough, the miners will pick the transactions that included the most fee per byte of transaction data

3) round up

Thank you for your clear and helpful explanation, i have checked the website that you mentioned above and they said that the fastest and cheapest transaction fee is currently 100 satoshis/byte it means 10,000 Sathosis or around $ 0.07.

It's possible... A lot of transactions are about 250 bytes, so times 100 equals 25.000 satoshi's =~ 0.16usd (at current preev rate).
Do note tough that this is the fee you should add if you want a big chance of getting your transaction into the very next block, you can pay a lot less if you don't mind waiting a couple of hours...

Superzpay

Activity: 672

View Profile
November 05, 2016, 08:30:08 PM

Now the price has been increased more higher as a few days ago when I was sending less than a half bitcoin to my exchange then I noticed that blockchain has charged an amount of 0.001 BTC for that transaction.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  

Jump to: