Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 02:05:49 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Proper way to read Whitepaper  (Read 131 times)
Thomas petersen (OP)

Activity: 51
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 28, 2018, 07:28:47 PM

Recently we have seen many ICO turned out to be Ponzi schemes. In order to avoid them we need to investigate the ICO and checking their whitepaper is one of the key factors for investing. Now to read the full whitepaper it will obviously take a lot of time. I want to know how I can read the whitepaper properly to analyze the ICO.   

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
MikeyVeez

Activity: 896
Merit: 102

View Profile
May 28, 2018, 07:30:54 PM

Recently we have seen many ICO turned out to be Ponzi schemes. In order to avoid them we need to investigate the ICO and checking their whitepaper is one of the key factors for investing. Now to read the full whitepaper it will obviously take a lot of time. I want to know how I can read the whitepaper properly to analyze the ICO.   
Well, you can find some good reviews or read onepager / lightpager - project summary.

OIKOS.CASH      Decentralized finance on Tron   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   Collateral-backed stable-coins
         github  telegram    twitter    discord           synthetic asset trading and trustless token exchange on TRON
seo-maestro

Activity: 420
Merit: 15

View Profile
May 28, 2018, 09:09:39 PM

First research all info on website and if you liked the idea/team/roadmap/etc then open WhitePaper and read it to find out more detailed info about ICO. Look for headers and read info under headers most important for you.
Febo
Legendary

Activity: 2730
Merit: 1288

View Profile
May 28, 2018, 09:13:21 PM

You need to know how to read. And you need to know what ponzi scheme means. Then is super simple.   I personally had not found many ICOs to be ponzi schemes. Because in most countries I know ponzi schemes are forbidden, so they would not crowdfund much money for their project that way.
Loveydovey04

Activity: 392
Merit: 123

View Profile
May 28, 2018, 09:14:11 PM

Usually, from the announcement thread you will instantly read and know the concept of the project. Whitepaper is just the details of the project, the examples, and the disclaimers. Mostly the roadmaps are also seen in their announcement thread, all you need to do is just read and understand. They also usually have one page article in medium, you can read them also.

npfyieke

Activity: 91

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 04:23:52 AM

Yes, some scams can find some unreasonable places in the white paper. In addition to the white paper, the social media that pays attention to the project every day can also get a lot of useful information.
Tlongbottom

Activity: 112

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 04:32:00 AM

After you read a few of them, you start to notice some trends. It’s an immediate red flag if guaranteed returns or income forever are promised. There is no way to do either of these things and they are clear indicators of a Ponzi scheme.

A good white specifically addresses what the issue is, how the project will solve it, and what the token is actually used for. If it doesn’t define those things or if there is no information on the team, it’s probably not a great start for a project.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: