Bitcoin Forum
March 28, 2024, 10:06:56 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 ... 63 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [irregularities] Mass Network  (Read 91799 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Kharchenko

Activity: 37
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 06, 2016, 08:12:02 AM

ICO lasting time is tooooo long...
And? Is it bad?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
massnetwork

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 06, 2016, 10:41:49 AM

OK, interesting, but why should I use Mass Network instead of other services, e.g. VertaMedia? Why Mass is better than VertaMedia?

Not sure what you mean. Mass is not a SSP so it has little to do competing with Varta. Could you clarify your question: "Use it as who? As what type of RTB framework participant?"
massnetwork

View Profile
September 06, 2016, 10:44:33 AM

ICO lasting time is tooooo long...

There is no physical reason to make ICOs short. Marketing ones only.

Our roadmap states we need a working proto by the end of the year so we have to start some market making at least one month prior to the deadline. That means we have to close the coin pre-sale by the beginning of December. We got that sort of reasoning only.
massnetwork

View Profile
September 06, 2016, 10:57:19 AM

Finally something refreshing - a project really targeted at real-world use Smiley

When reading the OP, I had an impression this is another scam coin. However after reading the whitepaper, I am impressed.
I would suggest to review the OP text - it sounds unprofessional and fishy, while the whitepaper is greatly composed and is also pleasure and fun to read Smiley

I would be very interested to see how this goes forward. You guys seem to understand what you are doing!

Good luck with this ambitious project!

One question - why do you run as a coloured coin instead of altcoin? I know Bitcoin blockchain is very secure, but isn't running as coloured coin have drawbacks? I am not an expert, so my concerns may sound stupid, but anyway
- do you know at least one solid project currently implemented and colored coin?
- is it worth to overload Bitcoin chain with other solid asset, which may require tremendous amount of transactions..?
- what about TX fee and block times on BTC chain - do you think they are suitable for asset needing huge amounts of micro-transactions..?

Did you consider using IOTA (or launch tangle-based new coin) to reduce (actually bring to zero) TX fees? It is also fixed supply tech, which is one of your requirements.
If fixed supply requirement is what stops you from running a new altcoin chain, then this could be resolved by making the coin Proof-of-stake with zero rewards. All active nodes in the network will forcefully stake, so the network could move without creating new money emission. Just an idea  Undecided

Again, sorry if my concerns above sound weird, it first time I actually came across anything run as coloured coins on BTC blockchain, so excuse my ignorance.

And one more question, which mostly refers to future prospects of the project... What are your plans
(a) on making the browser/extensions popular among users (will funds be used for advertizing, payed articles at emagazines etc)?
(b) on attracting webmasters and making them pay? Growth of the userbase will surely attract them, but... this is two-sided process - userbase will grow as soon as users get actually paid...

In other words, what are the business plans on propagation into the market..?

Thank you for the kind words.

Q: One question - why do you run as a coloured coin instead of altcoin? I know Bitcoin blockchain is very secure, but isn't running as coloured coin have drawbacks?
A: No serious drawbacks, at least nothing to prevent us from using the only stable blockchain in the world.

Q:- do you know at least one solid project currently implemented and colored coin?
A: No. There are NO solid projects in the blockchain field implemented at all, except for the bitcoin currency itself.

Q:- is it worth to overload Bitcoin chain with other solid asset, which may require tremendous amount of transactions..?
A: Lightning comes...

Q:- what about TX fee and block times on BTC chain - do you think they are suitable for asset needing huge amounts of micro-transactions..?
A: Minimal inevitable evil. What else could you do? Altcoin's overall processes cost more even if we decide to disregard the project's security.

Q: Did you consider using IOTA (or launch tangle-based new coin) to reduce (actually bring to zero) TX fees? It is also fixed supply tech, which is one of your requirements.
A: No, we didn't. It's a great concept but still a concept, though.

Q: If fixed supply requirement is what stops you from running a new altcoin chain, then this could be resolved by making the coin Proof-of-stake with zero rewards.
A: There's more what stops us from using an altcoin. Mentioned above  security is one thing. The general rejection of unneeded complexity is another.

Q: What are your plans on making the browser/extensions popular among users (will funds be used for advertizing, payed articles at emagazines etc)?
A: There'll be few large posts in the Update section of the website soon. 

Q: What are your plans on attracting webmasters and making them pay? The growth of the userbase will surely attract them, but... this is two-sided process - userbase will grow as soon as users get actually paid...
A: Indeed, Mass is a catalyst-economy project basing on a two-sided market. However, Mass is not a subject to a chicken-and-egg paradox that you mention. One side does not have to wait for another. Ad & tracking filtering works fine just being alone. Moreover, advertising is a very local business, so achieving critical masses for towns or counties shouldn't be a problem.
Kharchenko

Activity: 37

View Profile
September 06, 2016, 06:24:34 PM

OK, interesting, but why should I use Mass Network instead of other services, e.g. VertaMedia? Why Mass is better than VertaMedia?

Not sure what you mean. Mass is not a SSP so it has little to do competing with Varta. Could you clarify your question: "Use it as who? As what type of RTB framework participant?"
Maybe I did not catch the point right. But let's assume that I am your client and, thereby, just want to know why Mass adv platform is better than, for instance, VertaMedia adv platform or any other sort of such projects. Why your project is the best in the sphere of online adv?
Und3rw00d

Activity: 55

View Profile
September 06, 2016, 09:33:38 PM

Guys, are you going to issue tokens after ICO or only during it?
massnetwork

View Profile
September 07, 2016, 12:02:29 AM

Only once. In one moment. On December 1.
Here is the model: https://blog.mass.network/mass-network-economic-model/
massnetwork

View Profile
September 07, 2016, 12:06:18 AM

Maybe I did not catch the point right. But let's assume that I am your client and, thereby, just want to know why Mass adv platform is better than, for instance, VertaMedia adv platform or any other sort of such projects. Why your project is the best in the sphere of online adv?

We are not an ad platform. We don't try to mess with the advertising market, it is too big, too complex to try to change it from outside.
We offer the way to manage protected web surfers who otherwise (in the case of other ad-blockers) would be jut cut-off from the ad market.

Mass is a totally different idea. Please read this, it's only a 3-4minutes read. https://blog.mass.network/mass-versus-competition/
mtnsaa
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 07, 2016, 01:01:23 AM

I wanted to ask you about the browser, will it be completely necessary to use the Mass browser?

I'm asking this because I don't think many users will change their current favorite browser for a unknown one even if it pays some money (with all due respect I can't see this project creating a better browser than Safari, Chrome or Firefox  Grin). Maybe you will but that scenario is highly improbable.

With that being said, if it's an extension or a plugin then I can definitely see the potential here.
Und3rw00d

View Profile
September 07, 2016, 07:41:47 AM

OK, thank you. What are you plans concerning exchanges? Will the tokens be listed there?
massnetwork

View Profile
September 07, 2016, 08:15:44 AM

OK, thank you. What are you plans concerning exchanges? Will the tokens be listed there?

Of course.
massnetwork

View Profile
September 07, 2016, 08:16:51 AM

I wanted to ask you about the browser, will it be completely necessary to use the Mass browser?

I'm asking this because I don't think many users will change their current favorite browser for a unknown one even if it pays some money (with all due respect I can't see this project creating a better browser than Safari, Chrome or Firefox  Grin). Maybe you will but that scenario is highly improbable.

With that being said, if it's an extension or a plugin then I can definitely see the potential here.

Sure, we're developing extensions too. But the flagman product is the browser.
republicrypto

Activity: 1386
Merit: 252

View Profile
September 07, 2016, 01:05:45 PM

new project and look promising,
watch for this thread
Und3rw00d

View Profile
September 07, 2016, 01:20:07 PM

Of course.
What exchanges do you want to use for it?
massnetwork

View Profile
September 07, 2016, 02:07:00 PM

Of course.

Shapeshift, Poloniex
Und3rw00d

View Profile
September 07, 2016, 03:46:23 PM

Of course.

Shapeshift, Poloniex
Bittrex?
massnetwork

View Profile
September 07, 2016, 04:28:51 PM

Of course.

Shapeshift, Poloniex
Bittrex?

Yes, Bittrex as well. And it closes the list of top priority exchanges.
drays
Legendary

Activity: 2520
Merit: 1073

View Profile
September 07, 2016, 05:28:10 PM
Last edit: September 07, 2016, 06:24:13 PM by drays

More questions Smiley

1. Is there a way for investors to see how many BTC is already invested? As you did not define a fixed BTC price, the actual final price depends of the overall number of BTC invested. Any new investor will be interested to see what is the "current" price of the coin (which is the "number of currently invested BTC" divided by 7,000,000,000,000).. That information is important to potential investors.

2. Wouldn't it be appropriate to change the investment discount scheme to attract more early investors? I mean 20% is too little bonus for the risk of investing right now, when so much is unclear regarding the popularity of this project. With current scheme most people will tend to wait until the very end of the ICO, to see how this goes forward.

And... if you are interested in getting more BTC in ICO, I would suggest to review the OP to add more attractive stuff (moreover you have an artist in the team). That may attract more people. It may be stupid, but unfortunately in fact most people are attracted by flashy graphics, rather than real value of ideas.

... this space is not for rent ...
Und3rw00d

View Profile
September 07, 2016, 06:09:01 PM

Of course.

Shapeshift, Poloniex
Bittrex?

Yes, Bittrex as well. And it closes the list of top priority exchanges.
OK, thank you for now. Hope to come later with more questions.
DaddyH

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 07, 2016, 06:58:49 PM

I am in - and have joined the ICO.

◇◆  STRATIS  ◇  BLOCKCHAIN SOLUTIONS  ◆◇
◇◇◆ BLOCKCHAIN AS A SERVICE [BAAS] PRIVATE CHAINS ◆◇◇
| FULL NODE GITHUB | STRATIS WEBSITE | FORUM THREAD |
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 ... 63 »
  Print  

Jump to: