Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 04:12:58 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Blockchain.info (*.aes.json) -> Multibit (*.wallet) or (*.key)  (Read 15179 times)
prof7bit (OP)

Activity: 938
Merit: 500

https://youengine.io/

View Profile WWW
May 15, 2014, 08:53:46 PM

I have written entirely new code from scratch to read the wallet.aes.json files from BCI. Unlike the old code that was in MultiBit and has now been removed (because it was broken) this one will handle compressed keys correctly! It is contained in my wallet-key-tool.

https://github.com/prof7bit/wallet-key-tool

to import *.aes.json into MultiBit:

in wallet-key-tool:

* click "load..."
* in the file dialog select "Blockchain.info" from the filter drop down list
* find your wallet.aes.json file and click "open"
* enter primary (and possibly secondary) password to decrypt
* (optional) check balances by fetching them from BCI and make sure you have the right keys
* (optional, recommended) check and update the creation dates
* (optional) add/remove keys or import even more wallet files
* click "save as..."
* in the file dialog select "Multibit wallet (*.wallet)" or "Multibit backup (*.key)"
* choose a folder and file name to save the file, click "save"
* choose a password to encrypt

in Multibit

* open the wallet if you saved as .wallet
* or import into existing wallet if you saved as .key

Multibit will replay the block chain when first opened in MultiBit. To prevent syncing all the way back from 2009 you should make sure you updated the creation dates of all keys in wallet-key-tool before exporting to Multibit.

Make a backup of your MultiBit wallets before you begin. Although my tool will refuse to overwrite existing files (it will only generate new files) you could import the generated .key files into your existing Multibit and once they are imported they cannot easily be removed again (of course you could then import the .wallet in my tool, remove keys and save it as a new .wallet and it will work without problems but nevertheless I recommend making a backup of all your original files before you begin experimenting with this)

Screen shots: http://imgur.com/a/oUTto

Disclaimer: This software is not part of Multibit, its a separate tool, we are not affiliated, its using the official Bitcoinj and Multibit code to read/write the wallet formats but its a different tool and any bad things that might happen are solely your own fault (because you did not follow the above warning about backups of your original files)

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Rboxer

Activity: 43
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 02, 2014, 07:52:18 AM

Thank you,

It's exactly what i'm looking for !
WhoCaresCoins

Activity: 596
Merit: 500

F*CK WHALES!

View Profile
June 06, 2015, 07:43:17 PM

This tool is really useful because now Blockchain.info is under maintenance.
kolloh
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1023

View Profile
June 08, 2015, 02:01:36 PM

This looks like a pretty nifty tool for importing blockchain backups. Especially after the recent downtime, it is good to have a backup plan.

Haven't had a chance to review the code, but this looks like it could be useful to a lot of people.
GoldTiger69

Activity: 582
Merit: 502

View Profile WWW
October 25, 2015, 11:57:51 PM

The tool is great, but what about MultiBit HD wallets?

I can help you to restore/recover your wallet or password.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1234619.0
jim618
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1066

View Profile WWW
October 26, 2015, 03:19:07 PM

MultiBit HD wallets are fully deterministic so all the private keys are calculated from your wallet words / seedphrase.

Thus you cannot import randomly created private keys (such as from blockchain.info backups, or MultiBit Classic private key exports for that matter).

MultiBit HD   Lightweight desktop client.                    Bitcoin Solutions Ltd   Bespoke software. Consultancy.
Elokane

Activity: 817
Merit: 1000

Truth is a consensus among neurons www.synereo.com

View Profile WWW
August 29, 2016, 07:01:15 AM

This saved my life. Thank you.

P.S. Blockchain.info sucks.

Synereo: liberating the Internet from abusive business models.

Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart, he dreams himself your master.
<br>
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: