Bitcoin Forum
March 28, 2024, 05:00:05 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: When will the market cap of Aeon exceed Dashpay?  (Read 2102 times)
TechorMarketing (OP)

Activity: 174
Merit: 101

View Profile
August 28, 2016, 07:51:08 AM

The XMR vs DASH battle over, with the good guys (team cryptography) taking the win.

Now for our next battle.... When will the market cap of Aeon exceed Dashpay?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
spartak_t
Legendary

Activity: 1960
Merit: 1176

@FAILCommunity

View Profile WWW
August 28, 2016, 08:04:51 AM

I'm not sure if its safe to say that Monero "won" the "race". Dash is already a "winner", making few people rich. Can't exactly recall, but over 1.5Mn DASH were premined in the first 10-12 hours from the launch, so...

XMR on the other hand is heavily pumped in the past week and I don't think that this would last for too long. Don't know almost anything about Aeon, but comparing it with dem both is not serious imho.   

qwizzie
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1245

View Profile
August 29, 2016, 06:38:17 PM

I'm not sure if its safe to say that Monero "won" the "race". Dash is already a "winner", making few people rich. Can't exactly recall, but over 1.5Mn DASH were premined in the first 10-12 hours from the launch, so...

XMR on the other hand is heavily pumped in the past week and I don't think that this would last for too long. Don't know almost anything about Aeon, but comparing it with dem both is not serious imho.  

Premine is actually mining pre-launch and is applicable to several cryptocurrencies, coinmarketcap indicate those cryptocurrencies with a *  
Dash has never been premined, that is a fact that can be verified by studying its blockchain and by checking coinmarketcap --> http://coinmarketcap.com/

Instamine is a broad definition and includes a number of cryptocurrencies like Dash where its first 24 hours where accidentally (due to faulty code together with massive cloud mining interest) a lot of coins were generated, Monero where due to the release of intentionly slow mining software an unfair advantage was created by those who used optimized miner software and kept it a secret and Bitcoin where 1 million Bitcoins were mined
by one single person / group (Satoshi). The degree of instamine varies between these cryptocurrencies obviously but they all fit the instamine categorie.

To know more about Dash instamine history :

https://dashdot.io/alpha/?page_id=118

Learn from the past, set detailed and vivid goals for the future and live in the only moment of time over which you have any control : now
spartak_t
Legendary

@FAILCommunity

View Profile WWW
August 29, 2016, 06:55:26 PM

@qwizzie

There are persons (not saying people, because some of them are with unknown identity) from both "camps", which I personally don't like (at least their actions). What I am trying to say is: good luck to Dash and Monero, I don't care.

P.S. You're right, it was not a premine. My expression was wrong, but that's because of my english. Wink
P.S.2. I know about Monero's launch as well.

Cheers,
Spartak

qwizzie
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1245

View Profile
August 29, 2016, 07:05:48 PM
Last edit: August 29, 2016, 07:17:08 PM by qwizzie

@qwizzie

There are persons (not saying people, because some of them are with unknown identity) from both "camps", which I personally don't like (at least their actions). What I am trying to say is: good luck to Dash and Monero, I don't care.

P.S. You're right, it was not a premine. My expression was wrong, but that's because of my english. Wink
P.S.2. I know about Monero's launch as well.

Cheers,
Spartak

Allright, thanks for the clarification and good luck with your own cryptocurrency.

cheers,

qwizzie

To OP : most likely when Monero's marketcap exceeds Bitcoin marketcap.
and its Dash by the way, not Dashpay.

Learn from the past, set detailed and vivid goals for the future and live in the only moment of time over which you have any control : now
spartak_t
Legendary

@FAILCommunity

View Profile WWW
August 29, 2016, 07:16:56 PM

We are very far from there and it's not mine, but thanks, much appreciated.

newb4now

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 31, 2016, 08:45:52 PM

There is no doubt that Aeon has better privacy technology than Dashpay.

However I think it will take some time (probably over a year) for the AEON and DASH market caps to reach parity for three reasons:

1. Aeon is not very well known yet

2. Aeon still has a low network hashrate and therefore is potentially susceptible to a 51% attack

3. While HYIPs generally will ultimately crash and burn, they can in some cases last a very long time.

BTKC

Activity: 29
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 01, 2016, 05:41:28 AM

Getting the trading pairs Aeon/BTC & Aeon/XMR on polo would be a good start..
bbc.reporter
Legendary

Activity: 2884
Merit: 1428

View Profile
September 01, 2016, 06:09:31 AM

The XMR vs DASH battle over, with the good guys (team cryptography) taking the win.

Now for our next battle.... When will the market cap of Aeon exceed Dashpay?

This will really be funny if it will really happen. I can now imagine Evan Duffield scratching his head and asking himself why this is happening. But before that could happen everyone is watching Monero and are waiting if it could go higher or maintain its market value at the very least. If it can do one of those then expect happy days for Aeon ahead.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
September 01, 2016, 06:11:08 AM
Last edit: September 01, 2016, 06:24:05 AM by smoothie

Your definitions of "success" is making people rich?

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 
███████████████████████████████████████

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

spartak_t
Legendary

@FAILCommunity

View Profile WWW
September 01, 2016, 08:42:35 AM

Your definitions of "success" is making people rich?

Of course not, but sadly it is how majority of the people are looking at the cryptocurrencies since 2013. If you can't make money out of a coin, then it is a fail. It is the main reason to say that Litecoin (for example) is boring. Smiley No masternodes, anonymity and yada-yada.

Das

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 01, 2016, 01:14:20 PM

People have said it lots of times: Litecoin will soon die. But the coin keeps going, you will be shocked the price of the coin three years from now. Grin
languagehasmeaning

Activity: 336

View Profile
September 03, 2016, 02:07:23 AM

My wild guess is 9 months.

Aeon may not have to rise to anywhere close to the current Dashpay marketcap for this to happen. Once long time DASH users realize that Dash privacy features are severely lacking and not catching up with the competition, prices will start to plummet as masternodes get sold

I think the Aeon and DASH market caps will eventually meet somewhere in the neighborhood of 25% of the current DASH market cap (after DASH falls 75% and Aeon rises to that same valuation). This is just my wild speculation, so make your own conclusion.
bbc.reporter
Legendary

Activity: 2884
Merit: 1428

View Profile
September 03, 2016, 07:43:55 AM

One day it will exceed the market cap of Dash. Because why? Dash will go down in market cap while Aeon will rise as long as the price of XMR is going up and that there is still interest in it. When the darknet markets have started accepting it I do not think the interest in XMR will go away from now on. It will only increase! Aeon will then also ride on Monero's popularity because of of the developer Smooth.

███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
TechorMarketing (OP)

Activity: 174
Merit: 101

View Profile
September 09, 2016, 02:39:23 AM

RingCT will be here sometime soon. Once Aeon merges it, there may be a good chance for it gain some interest from Dashpay users that want superior privacy than what Darksend can provide. RingCT is revolutionary but some Dashpay users have been indoctrinated to hate Monero. Aeon may become their next best option.
infofront
Legendary

Activity: 2618
Merit: 2755

Shitcoin Minimalist

View Profile
September 09, 2016, 04:37:37 AM

Aeon may not have to rise to anywhere close to the current Dashpay marketcap for this to happen. Once long time DASH users realize that Dash privacy features are severely lacking and not catching up with the competition, prices will start to plummet as masternodes get sold

I think the Aeon and DASH market caps will eventually meet somewhere in the neighborhood of 25% of the current DASH market cap (after DASH falls 75% and Aeon rises to that same valuation). This is just my wild speculation, so make your own conclusion.

So many staples of the top 10 marketcap list have come and gone over the years. DASH will just be one more. I'm predicting it'll probably be out of the top 20 by early next year.

It's already in the process of fading to obscurity.
Dinki

Activity: 180
Merit: 100

Incent

View Profile
September 12, 2016, 02:32:14 AM

To OP : most likely when Monero's marketcap exceeds Bitcoin marketcap.
and its Dash by the way, not Dashpay.

Will Monero's market cap ever exceed that of bitcoin? Huh Highly unlikely!

DARKHOLDER

Activity: 659
Merit: 500

Zepher is scammer!:)

View Profile
October 09, 2016, 07:59:22 PM

One day it will exceed the market cap of Dash. Because why? Dash will go down in market cap while Aeon will rise as long as the price of XMR is going up and that there is still interest in it. When the darknet markets have started accepting it I do not think the interest in XMR will go away from now on. It will only increase! Aeon will then also ride on Monero's popularity because of of the developer Smooth.
And how about dash Evolution- think it be on next year? price will skyrocketing 1Dash will be 20-30$.. thoughts?
N-rG

Activity: 434

View Profile
October 19, 2016, 07:47:28 PM

So many staples of the top 10 marketcap list have come and gone over the years. DASH will just be one more. I'm predicting it'll probably be out of the top 20 by early next year.

It's already in the process of fading to obscurity.

+1
adhitthana
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 10, 2016, 09:46:59 PM

Don't know almost anything about Aeon, but comparing it with dem both is not serious imho.   
Aeon is a very similar cryptonote coin and the lead developer is one of the original Monero core developers.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: