Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 10:46:58 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Multiple issues with Armory, primary issue: Stuck in offline mode  (Read 956 times)
awesome31312 (OP)

Activity: 826
Merit: 504

View Profile
August 28, 2016, 02:29:27 PM

So, of course it's stuck in offline mode. When I try to update ("Core Bitcoin version 0.9.3 is available"), it says "The download completed but its cryptographic signature is invalid. Please try the download again. If you get another problem, please report the error. The downloaded data has been discarded"

Help!

I'm on Ubuntu 

Account recovered 08-12-2019
Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
achow101
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3374
Merit: 6530

Just writing some code

View Profile WWW
August 28, 2016, 02:34:08 PM

First of all, update to Armory 0.94.1: https://btcarmory.com/0.94.1-release/. Then update Bitcoin Core to 0.13.0: https://bitcoin.org/en/download

Then come back and see if the error is still there.

The updater and announcements system are no longer maintained.functional. Don't use them anymore. They have been removed in the latest versions of Armory.

awesome31312 (OP)

View Profile
August 28, 2016, 02:55:11 PM

First of all, update to Armory 0.94.1: https://btcarmory.com/0.94.1-release/. Then update Bitcoin Core to 0.13.0: https://bitcoin.org/en/download

The updater and announcements system are no longer maintained.functional. Don't use them anymore. They have been removed in the latest versions of Armory.

Synchronizing with network...7 years and 30 weeks behind. Will write back on this forum once its done (if it's still here by 2023)

achow101
Staff
Legendary

Just writing some code

View Profile WWW
August 28, 2016, 02:59:42 PM

Synchronizing with network...7 years and 30 weeks behind. Will write back on this forum once its done (if it's still here by 2023)
It doesn't take 7 years and it should have detected whatever you synced before with an older version of Bitcoin Core.

awesome31312 (OP)

View Profile
August 28, 2016, 03:26:36 PM

It doesn't take 7 years and it should have detected whatever you synced before with an older version of Bitcoin Core.

You're right, because it says "4 years" now, so it's not the estimated time as I had falsely assumed.

goatpig
Legendary

Activity: 3668
Merit: 1345

Armory Developer

View Profile
August 28, 2016, 05:10:58 PM

Sounds like you are syncing a fresh blockchain. Did you delete the .bitcoin folder in the process of updating Core, or were you using a custom folder previously?

awesome31312 (OP)

View Profile
August 29, 2016, 03:10:27 AM

Sounds like you are syncing a fresh blockchain. Did you delete the .bitcoin folder in the process of updating Core, or were you using a custom folder previously?

No, I did the full factory reset

I have run across another problem guys. Disk space is low on my Ubuntu. I have about 300 gigs of free space on my external disks. Is there a way to transfer the data I have already downloaded to those paths? Please help.

achow101
Staff
Legendary

Just writing some code

View Profile WWW
August 29, 2016, 03:38:38 AM

I have run across another problem guys. Disk space is low on my Ubuntu. I have about 300 gigs of free space on my external disks. Is there a way to transfer the data I have already downloaded to those paths? Please help.
Go to Bitcoin Core's data directory and copy all of the files to the new location of your data directory. Do the same for Armory but put the files in a different folder specific for Armory. Then you must start Bitcoin Core with the -datadir=<path> where <path> is the path to the new data directory where you copied all of the files. Then start Armory with --satoshi-datadir=<path> where <path> is the path to the Bitcoin Core datadir and with --datadir=<path> where <path> is the path to your Armory datadir.

awesome31312 (OP)

View Profile
August 29, 2016, 09:41:21 AM

Thanks, I got it to work at last.

Does anybody know the current size of the data to be downloaded? I have downloaded ~30 gigs already in a matter of a few hours.

goatpig
Legendary

Armory Developer

View Profile
August 29, 2016, 09:45:35 AM

Yeah that will nuke your blockchain data, you didn't have to go that far.

Does anybody know the current size of the data to be downloaded? I have downloaded ~30 gigs already in a matter of a few hours.

In the 80GB vicinity

awesome31312 (OP)

View Profile
August 29, 2016, 10:04:57 AM

Yeah that will nuke your blockchain data, you didn't have to go that far.

In the 80GB vicinity

Now I realize that my Windows blockchain folder in another drive was still intact though out of date (30 gigs), I only realize it now that my new download file is bigger than 30 gigs. Lol I'm a silly goose.

awesome31312 (OP)

View Profile
August 30, 2016, 06:06:59 AM

Update:

Day 2

Woke up again to see the message "Disk space low", however, I am seriously confused. The blockchain is stored on my D:/ drive which has a couple hundred Gigabytes free. The only "disk" that is low in space right now in disk usage analyzer is my Ubuntu partition which has three gigabytes left. However, for some reason I got the notification that my disk has only 500 mb left. What's the low disk space?

Does Bitcoin-qt use any other drives for settings or other storage unrelated to the blockchain?

goatpig
Legendary

Armory Developer

View Profile
August 30, 2016, 09:06:23 AM

Update:

Day 2

Woke up again to see the message "Disk space low", however, I am seriously confused. The blockchain is stored on my D:/ drive which has a couple hundred Gigabytes free. The only "disk" that is low in space right now in disk usage analyzer is my Ubuntu partition which has three gigabytes left. However, for some reason I got the notification that my disk has only 500 mb left. What's the low disk space?

Does Bitcoin-qt use any other drives for settings or other storage unrelated to the blockchain?

Core only sticks to the -datadir you give it. You should make sure this is the path it is actually writing to.

Holliday
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1009

View Profile
August 30, 2016, 07:23:01 PM

Update:

Day 2

I recently had a similar issue with a computer running a Bitcoin Core node. A newly formatted drive (after deleting all partitions and creating a single new partition) would report low disk space after only using around 50% of the total space. I tried several things, but finally was able to fix the issue by updating the drive's firmware.

I'm guessing that the firmware was not actually the problem, but when I updated it gave the drive a "clean slate" for whatever reason and fixed the problem by accident.

Good luck and let us know how you manage to fix the problem.

If you aren't the sole controller of your private keys, you don't have any bitcoins.
awesome31312 (OP)

View Profile
September 13, 2016, 09:58:25 PM

It's still not working. I have tried to update Armory and Bitcoin through Armory, that failed.

Then I tried it through the Terminal, and that didn't work either.

It's stuck in offline mode Sad

achow101
Staff
Legendary

Just writing some code

View Profile WWW
September 13, 2016, 10:30:56 PM

It's still not working. I have tried to update Armory and Bitcoin through Armory, that failed.
As it should have. As I said, the announcer no longer works. You need to upgrade manually. Download Armory 0.94.1 from https://github.com/goatpig/BitcoinArmory/releases/tag/v0.94.1 and download Bitcoin Core 0.13.0 from https://bitcoin.org/en/download.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: