Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 02:08:05 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: minerd isssues  (Read 965 times)
mancubus (OP)

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 04, 2016, 10:34:08 PM

I am really  confused. I created  the batch file  and yet all it does is flash up and then disappear.
"Bitcoin: the cutting edge of begging technology." -- Giraffe.BTC
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
hexafraction

Activity: 392
Merit: 259

Tips welcomed: 1CF4GhXX1RhCaGzWztgE1YZZUcSpoqTbsJ

View Profile
June 04, 2016, 11:01:20 PM

Minerd is a CPU miner. You will make literally zero profit with it. However, if you show us your batch file, then we can look at it and determine where the issue may lie.

I have recently become active again after a long period of inactivity. Cryptographic proof that my account has not been compromised is available.
mancubus (OP)

View Profile
June 05, 2016, 08:25:05 PM

-a --scrypt -t 6 -s 4 -o stratum+tcp://aikapool.com:7915 -u man_cubus.paybills -p money
hexafraction

View Profile
June 05, 2016, 09:14:13 PM

-a --scrypt -t 6 -s 4 -o stratum+tcp://aikapool.com:7915 -u man_cubus.paybills -p money

Your batch file gives the parameters to be passed to minerd.exe but never actually tells the batch file interpreter to run minerd.exe. It should rather be:

Code:
C:\path\to\minerd.exe -a --scrypt -t 6 -s 4 -o stratum+tcp://aikapool.com:7915 -u man_cubus.paybills -p money

(if minerd.exe is on the path or in the current working directory you can simply use minerd.exe without specifying the full path)

I have recently become active again after a long period of inactivity. Cryptographic proof that my account has not been compromised is available.
mancubus (OP)

View Profile
June 05, 2016, 10:18:08 PM

the batch /command prompt window still refuses to stay open
hexafraction

View Profile
June 05, 2016, 10:24:48 PM

the batch /command prompt window still refuses to stay open

When you run the command in a standard command prompt, what errors appear?

mancubus (OP)

View Profile
June 05, 2016, 11:05:25 PM

I get no errors. It pops up I can just barely read it but the instructions typed in the RundMe(C:\path\to\minerd.exe -a --scrypt -t 6 -s 4 -o stratum+tcp://aikapool.com:7915 -u man_cubus.paybills -p money) and then closes before i can do any thing
hexafraction

View Profile
June 05, 2016, 11:10:52 PM

I get no errors. It pops up I can just barely read it but the instructions typed in the RundMe(C:\path\to\minerd.exe -a --scrypt -t 6 -s 4 -o stratum+tcp://aikapool.com:7915 -u man_cubus.paybills -p money) and then closes before i can do any thing

You didn't read what I said before. Run the command in the command prompt (i.e. not by double-clicking the batch file) and note the output. Note that there's no point anyway--you're not going to make any actual money mining.

mancubus (OP)

View Profile
June 06, 2016, 12:45:32 AM

C:\Documents and Settings\froman>"C:\Documents and Settings\froman\My Documents\Downloads\pooler-cpuminer-2.4.4-win32 (1)\RunMe.bat"                                                                                                                                                        C:\Documents and Settings\froman>C:\path\to\minerd.exe -a --scrypt -t 6 -s 4 -o stratum+tcp://aikapool.com:7915 -u man_cubus.paybills -p moneyThe system cannot find the path specified.  fyi just incase it matters i opened cmd and draged the runme on to it                                                                                       
hexafraction

View Profile
June 06, 2016, 07:44:45 PM

C:\Documents and Settings\froman>"C:\Documents and Settings\froman\My Documents\Downloads\pooler-cpuminer-2.4.4-win32 (1)\RunMe.bat"                                                                                                                                                        C:\Documents and Settings\froman>C:\path\to\minerd.exe -a --scrypt -t 6 -s 4 -o stratum+tcp://aikapool.com:7915 -u man_cubus.paybills -p moneyThe system cannot find the path specified.  fyi just incase it matters i opened cmd and draged the runme on to it                                                                                       

You obviously need to change C:\path\to\minerd.exe to the actual path where the minerd.exe executable is located. Did you do that? If you're in the same folder as minerd.exe you can just type minerd.exe without any path, so the command would be:

minerd.exe -a --scrypt -t 6 -s 4 -o stratum+tcp://aikapool.com:7915 -u man_cubus.paybills -p money

Just open a command prompt, change directory to C:\Documents and Settings\froman\My Documents\Downloads\pooler-cpuminer-2.4.4-win32 (1)\, and run that command. Your commands to run (and the contents of a correct batch file) would be:

Code:
cd C:\Documents and Settings\froman\My Documents\Downloads\pooler-cpuminer-2.4.4-win32 (1)\
minerd.exe -a --scrypt -t 6 -s 4 -o stratum+tcp://aikapool.com:7915 -u man_cubus.paybills -p money

hacksmash

Activity: 220
Merit: 101

View Profile
September 12, 2016, 08:51:59 PM

Your batch file gives the parameters to be passed to minerd.exe but never actually tells the batch file interpreter to run minerd.exe. It should rather be:

Code:
C:\path\to\minerd.exe -a --scrypt -t 6 -s 4 -o stratum+tcp://aikapool.com:7915 -u man_cubus.paybills -p money

(if minerd.exe is on the path or in the current working directory you can simply use minerd.exe without specifying the full path)

AND ... if you want the Command Prompt window to stay open (so you can monitor progress) ... add the word "pause" (no quotes) to the end of the stuff in the Batch file

BLK : BDixtCZLWG2M3uTCN1tqXSCu4chXnN5TgH UNO : uZDvh8ZWMN859sksKqkoeUX3trazXro8MH
CDN : CduyH8dMb282mv8XTE2ZDqZ9H4yvnNDKXJ BTC : 17QTs29kJtrowWL7mQ8NKZHSnMiT7QTW7m
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: