Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 02:07:18 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 ... 154 »
  Print  
Author Topic: How to explain bitcoin to teenagers or children  (Read 117994 times)
Sled

Activity: 1680
Merit: 535

Bitcoin- in bullish time

View Profile
November 12, 2016, 11:39:24 PM

In general yung guy get even smarter than adults. The fact that young people today grow up very quickly and have enough interesting things on the fly and old people just watch them doing crazy tasks. And so with cryptocurrency too they will do better then us, Perhaps we can not worry about that young people will be without knowledge but they will be definitely smarter

Yeah i couldn't agree more with you, the teenagers have more interest with something new, even if it can give them money maybe the teenagers will more interest with bitcoin as well.
The teenagers learn easier, maybe they can handled some way to earn bitcoin such as trading nor signature campaign.
yes i am also not agree with this statement, to me children and teenagers do not need to learn about bitcoin, to me first they should finish their education and after that they should think about trading and investment.
If we stand by that children and teenagers should not be using bitcoin, then how do we ever plan to use bitcoin as a national currency?  you can not have it both ways here.  They need to learn how it is used and all, so that it will further the improvement of bitcoin.
Its better to teach them after certain age and not when they are teenagers as they might find it complicated subject and will prefer to stay away from it as at that age their first priority should be to focus on studies as there is entire life left to learn and earn bitcoins.

Even though they are teenagers bitcoin is still easy to understand and adopt because it depends on their dedication on earning money. If they have dedication and it will become easier for them to understand bitcoin and adopt it easy which can help them to earn money by their own and buy the things that they want without asking their parents help.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ivanst776
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1003

View Profile
November 13, 2016, 12:06:18 AM

Bitcoin is difficult to explain. I also felt difficulties in understanding bitcoin for the firs time. Let's share how to explain bitcoin to children of teenagers. In My country I can say 98% children don't know bitcoin. In fact, bitcoin can be future money. If the children not familiar with cryptocurrency or bitcoin, how can they face the digital era in the future.

Why should a child that has just learned about the alphabet and the number to know and learn about bitcoin.

I think that some things are considered to be learned after a human reach a level when he understands how to mange the money and understand about himself and the life a little bit.

After that child reaches 15-18 then at this time I would explain him about the digital money and the crypto.
Zalfrin

Activity: 401
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 13, 2016, 12:21:38 AM

In general yung guy get even smarter than adults. The fact that young people today grow up very quickly and have enough interesting things on the fly and old people just watch them doing crazy tasks. And so with cryptocurrency too they will do better then us, Perhaps we can not worry about that young people will be without knowledge but they will be definitely smarter

Yeah i couldn't agree more with you, the teenagers have more interest with something new, even if it can give them money maybe the teenagers will more interest with bitcoin as well.
The teenagers learn easier, maybe they can handled some way to earn bitcoin such as trading nor signature campaign.
yes i am also not agree with this statement, to me children and teenagers do not need to learn about bitcoin, to me first they should finish their education and after that they should think about trading and investment.
If we stand by that children and teenagers should not be using bitcoin, then how do we ever plan to use bitcoin as a national currency?  you can not have it both ways here.  They need to learn how it is used and all, so that it will further the improvement of bitcoin.
Its better to teach them after certain age and not when they are teenagers as they might find it complicated subject and will prefer to stay away from it as at that age their first priority should be to focus on studies as there is entire life left to learn and earn bitcoins.

Even though they are teenagers bitcoin is still easy to understand and adopt because it depends on their dedication on earning money. If they have dedication and it will become easier for them to understand bitcoin and adopt it easy which can help them to earn money by their own and buy the things that they want without asking their parents help.

Yes bitcoin can help them in becoming independent financially at very early age and that can really boost up their confidence but the only thing we need to make sure that we teach them in very easy ways without making things difficult for them and I think best way to introduce them to bitcoins is by using bitcoins related games.
romero121
Legendary

Activity: 3164
Merit: 1213

View Profile
November 13, 2016, 01:15:41 AM

Yes bitcoin can help them in becoming independent financially at very early age and that can really boost up their confidence but the only thing we need to make sure that we teach them in very easy ways without making things difficult for them and I think best way to introduce them to bitcoins is by using bitcoins related games.

Very few among the teenage group gets interested in gaming. But most teenage group were in need of pocket or self earning. So when introduced to bitcoin by explaining the different earning access and the increased pricing they themselves start exploring to learn more about digital currencies which is the easiest way to teach.
MingLee

Activity: 490
Merit: 520

View Profile
November 13, 2016, 01:35:33 AM

If you really want to explain Bitcoin to children or teenagers without making them dislike it, ask them if they've heard about it, find out whether or not they have and if they haven't then that might open up some portion for discussion. Don't force the issue and keep it short. Not complex, and short.
Dudeperfect

Activity: 1190
Merit: 534

View Profile WWW
November 13, 2016, 01:47:05 AM

If you really want to explain Bitcoin to children or teenagers without making them dislike it, ask them if they've heard about it, find out whether or not they have and if they haven't then that might open up some portion for discussion. Don't force the issue and keep it short. Not complex, and short.

Yes, a discussion would work better but if I don’t think children will show any interest unless they get impressed with this technology. It’s comparatively easy to deal with teenagers rather than children. How about inculcating a habit of using bitcoin?. Well, it’s nothing wrong to do it because we are heading towards a cashless society and ultimately it’s going to help them to be familiar with the concept of future.
iamTom123

Activity: 490
Merit: 501

View Profile
November 13, 2016, 04:12:38 AM

I think we can start explain bitcoin by tell them that bitcoin is like other international currencies dollar, euro and many else. They will understand and you explain more about bitcoin.

This is true. Bitcoin is just another currency but it is in the form of a digital just like we have the eBook version against the real hard book we can buy in bookstores. Young people in this generation can be so adept as far as technology is concerned and they can easily understand Bitcoin. With the help of Google, am sure they can easily get it. In fact, I am sure that creators of new cryptos are mostly made up of young techie people.
stark101

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 13, 2016, 08:00:28 AM

Bitcoin is difficult to explain. I also felt difficulties in understanding bitcoin for the firs time. Let's share how to explain bitcoin to children of teenagers. In My country I can say 98% children don't know bitcoin. In fact, bitcoin can be future money. If the children not familiar with cryptocurrency or bitcoin, how can they face the digital era in the future.
Yes exactly, it is very difficult to explain to the people especially to the teenagers or children what bitcoin is all about. As far as i know nowadays, teenagers are very updated in new technology, then maybe it will really help if we guide them about this and to explain harder whats the purpose of bitcoin and yes bitcoin is a money.
_Miracle

Activity: 905
Merit: 657

Do due diligence

View Profile WWW
November 17, 2016, 09:04:08 AM

http://www.coindesk.com/bitcoin-explained-five-year-old/

There 'used' to be more truth in forums than anywhere else.  Twitter:  @cryptobitchicks  Spock: "I am expressing multiple attitudes simultaneously. To which are you referring?"  INTJ-A
springgers

Activity: 294

View Profile
November 17, 2016, 11:37:39 AM

Yes exactly, it is very difficult to explain to the people especially to the teenagers or children what bitcoin is all about. As far as i know nowadays, teenagers are very updated in new technology, then maybe it will really help if we guide them about this and to explain harder whats the purpose of bitcoin and yes bitcoin is a money.

Kids neither know much about fiat currencies, why they will know about bitcoin? 98%? I'm sure that's 100%...

They just pick the money and buy games and food...

I'm sure they will learn by themselves, nothing to worry.
Xester

Activity: 994
Merit: 544

View Profile
November 17, 2016, 12:18:08 PM

Children could not take it seriously because all they want is to play. If i about to chose whom will i teach, i go for teenagers. They are matured enough to understand the importance of saving, investment and profit. Teaching bitcoins is not easy so both parties should have patience in understanding and teaching bitcoins. Children must enjoy thier youthful. Maybe they will learn bitcoins when the right times come.
vasrasus

Activity: 946
Merit: 500

Bcnex - The Ultimate Blockchain Trading Platform

View Profile
November 17, 2016, 12:25:27 PM

It is an online money, that can transfer in anywhwerd by having wallet. You can shop with it buying coins and invest like or store money like a bank.

▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
       ▄████████▀████████▄
    ▄█████████▀   ▀█████████▄
   ████   ▄█▀       ▀█▄   ████
  █████ ▄▀    ▄▄▄▄▄    ▀▄ █████
 ██████▀   ▄███▀▀▀███▄   ▀██████
▐████▀    ██▀       ▀██    ▀████▌
████     ▐██         ██▌     ████
▐████▄    ██▄       ▄██    ▄████▌
 ██████▄   ▀███▄▄▄███▀   ▄██████
  █████ ▀▄    ▀▀▀▀▀    ▄▀ █████
   ████   ▀█▄       ▄█▀   ████
    ▀█████████▄   ▄█████████▀
       ▀████████▄████████▀
           ▀▀▀█████▀▀▀
.Bcnex.The Ultimate   ───2 Millions Orders/s───
Blockchain Trading Platform
..Follow us:..

▄▄▄
                    ▄▄▄██████
              ▄▄▄█████▀▀████▌
        ▄▄▄████████▀ ▄██████
  ▄▄▄██████████▀▀  ▄███████▌
▀███████████▀   ▄██████████
   ▀▀▀███▀    ▄███████████▌
        █▌  ██████████████
        ▐█ ██████████████▌
         █████▀ ▀████████
          ██▀      ▀████▌
                      ▀▀

▄████▄▄   ▄
█▄          ██████████▀▄
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀

||
LINKEDIN
MEDIUM
REDDIT

▸  BUY NOW  ◂   
YuginKadoya
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1169

View Profile
November 17, 2016, 12:40:26 PM

Well I think teens or children doesn't really need to know that much about bitcoin, you can just tell them that bitcoin is a Cryptocurrency and that's it! if they would question you if what is cryptocurrency then I think explain to them how real money works and I think that would be your base for cryptocurrency, and when they turn older enough they I think that would be the time they can fully understand about it!

I would say we should even not tell them if something like bitcoin exists, because it is not really easy to understand the technology of bitcoin and it will just make them confused, better let them grow older and then they would themselves come to know about it or you should tell them about it later on.

Yup! that is what I'm trying to say, I think the debate about this topic is already finish and I think that teenagers or a child should not be teach any cryptocurrency involvement until they reach the exact age they can understand about it, but well teenagers now a days have been very easily learn this thing maybe I think It will always comes to the ability of a child if he can understand pretty well or not !
berserkinterbuy

Activity: 195
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 18, 2016, 10:21:55 PM

Well I think teens or children doesn't really need to know that much about bitcoin, you can just tell them that bitcoin is a Cryptocurrency and that's it! if they would question you if what is cryptocurrency then I think explain to them how real money works and I think that would be your base for cryptocurrency, and when they turn older enough they I think that would be the time they can fully understand about it!

I would say we should even not tell them if something like bitcoin exists, because it is not really easy to understand the technology of bitcoin and it will just make them confused, better let them grow older and then they would themselves come to know about it or you should tell them about it later on.

Yup! that is what I'm trying to say, I think the debate about this topic is already finish and I think that teenagers or a child should not be teach any cryptocurrency involvement until they reach the exact age they can understand about it, but well teenagers now a days have been very easily learn this thing maybe I think It will always comes to the ability of a child if he can understand pretty well or not !
Maybe if the state program of teaching children to be in computer science include knowledge of cryptocurrency it would greatly simplify the task of understanding what children bitcoin. Perhaps this is the best way out than at home try to impose their ideas to the child.
ZlaiaZaia

Activity: 233

View Profile
November 19, 2016, 01:29:10 PM

It is an online money, that can transfer in anywhwerd by having wallet. You can shop with it buying coins and invest like or store money like a bank.
If the digital currency is the future of the modern financial world, so our children and all the young people still learn to use bitcoin, and all that is needed for this.
doomistake

Activity: 1400
Merit: 571

View Profile
November 19, 2016, 02:29:14 PM

For me the first thing that I would tell them is they have to make a bitcoin wallet first so that their bitcoin would store their. Then  I would tell them next what is bitcoin, where to use it, what is it's purpose, how to use it, and so on. Then I would guide them in earning bitcoin, like on how to join in signature campaign in this forum and other earnings, even microearning in bitcoin faucets.
20kevin20
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1597

View Profile
November 19, 2016, 02:36:47 PM

Maybe if the state program of teaching children to be in computer science include knowledge of cryptocurrency it would greatly simplify the task of understanding what children bitcoin. Perhaps this is the best way out than at home try to impose their ideas to the child.

We'll never see the governments support Bitcoin. At least not the ones in which there is censorship, dictatorship or control being wanted. For example the Switzerland and the Netherlands do allow Bitcoin to be used because they're countries in which you actually feel free for real. North Korea probably won't let their citizens use Bitcoin, for example.
QuestionAuthority
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393

You lead and I'll watch you walk away.

View Profile
November 19, 2016, 02:51:13 PM

Just the other day I was having a discussion with my 12 year old about the amortization schedule for his new bike. He wrongly believed that it wasn't compounded and worked on simple annuity. He claimed it was customary to use the straight line method. I had to remind him that he signed a declining balance contract with a balloon payment.

Why in the fuck are you people trying to discuss Bitcoin with kids. The only thing my kids wanted to do from the age of 14 to about 20 is get high and fuck. If I tried to talk about something like Bitcoin with them this is what I would see.

seven4smoke

Activity: 169
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 19, 2016, 05:21:51 PM

Just the other day I was having a discussion with my 12 year old about the amortization schedule for his new bike. He wrongly believed that it wasn't compounded and worked on simple annuity. He claimed it was customary to use the straight line method. I had to remind him that he signed a declining balance contract with a balloon payment.

Why in the fuck are you people trying to discuss Bitcoin with kids. The only thing my kids wanted to do from the age of 14 to about 20 is get high and fuck. If I tried to talk about something like Bitcoin with them this is what I would see.

I can imagine what the eyes of the children will look to their parents when they tell them God knows what. Why drive a child to mind something that he did not need to.
QuestionAuthority
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393

You lead and I'll watch you walk away.

View Profile
November 19, 2016, 06:04:08 PM

I can imagine what the eyes of the children will look to their parents when they tell them God knows what. Why drive a child to mind something that he did not need to.

Yep, they're not going to get it or care anyway. I had two sons get girls pregnant in high school. One was arrested for possession of weed. The other one arrested for DUI while running away with his pregnant girlfriend. My daughter was never pregnant because her mother put her on birth control when she was 14. All three of them worked but were always broke because they had the money management skills of a chimpanzee (when you talk about money with them they would stare off in space and pick their ass).

Teaching a kid about Bitcoin that doesn't care is like trying to teach a dog not to lick his balls. They never will get it because they don't want to. And a kid that wants to know about Bitcoin will be able to teach you and probably hack your computer and steal your bitcoins.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 ... 154 »
  Print  

Jump to: