Bitcoin Forum
May 16, 2024, 05:24:46 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: POS coin that you don't need wallet open 24/7?  (Read 2125 times)
adamvp

Activity: 1246
Merit: 708

View Profile
September 04, 2016, 03:42:54 PM

Evergreen EGC wallet does not need to be open 24/7. Currently pays 7%

7% yearly??
HodlCoin pays like below:
Current Bonus Rate:   
541.66416%
Standard Rate:   
5.00311%
Total APR:   
546.66727%
Daily Rate:   
0.22750%

I am looking for signature campaign Wink pm me
Abiky
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1362

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
September 05, 2016, 11:29:13 PM

7% yearly??
Current Bonus Rate:   
541.66416%
Standard Rate:   
5.00311%
Total APR:   
546.66727%
Daily Rate:   
0.22750%

Interesting. Can you tell me more how this interest works? Is it the same as staking coins leaving your wallet open or do you need to participate in something? Hodlcoin has a much higher APR rate than EverGreenCoin, so it has definitely brought my attention. I'm always on the lookout for high APR PoS coins.  Smiley

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
adamvp

Activity: 1246
Merit: 708

View Profile
September 06, 2016, 04:47:57 AM

7% yearly??
Current Bonus Rate:   
541.66416%
Standard Rate:   
5.00311%
Total APR:   
546.66727%
Daily Rate:   
0.22750%

Interesting. Can you tell me more how this interest works? Is it the same as staking coins leaving your wallet open or do you need to participate in something? Hodlcoin has a much higher APR rate than EverGreenCoin, so it has definitely brought my attention. I'm always on the lookout for high APR PoS coins.  Smiley

You have to lock your coins. This  is blockchain interest. You have to wait till lock time end. Further details you can find here:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1317918.0;topicseen

I am looking for signature campaign Wink pm me
Penttikuisma

Activity: 157
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 06, 2016, 10:45:04 AM

Decred, you can delegate voting right to stakepool. Stakepools only have voting right, so it's not possible to lose your coins.
Abiky
Legendary

View Profile
September 06, 2016, 05:58:52 PM

You have to lock your coins. This  is blockchain interest. You have to wait till lock time end. Further details you can find here:

Thanks for sharing this with me mate. I'm looking into how it works and I have to say that it has really brought my attention. Considering that Hodlcoin is cheap right now, I might grab a few coins to test this out. Hope that I'll make the wise investment decision doing this.  Cheesy

Decred, you can delegate voting right to stakepool. Stakepools only have voting right, so it's not possible to lose your coins.

Sounds cool. I'm researching more about this and so far it looks very promising. This is somewhat similar to NEM's delegated harvesting by the way, but worth the shot. Another good thing that DCR has is decentralized governance where users can decide upon the future of the digital currency.  Smiley

████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
OKorator

Activity: 492
Merit: 254

OKCash World-wide Community Leader and Promotions

View Profile WWW
September 06, 2016, 06:04:49 PM

Hi, the opposite of my other thread. Coins that you dont need to have your wallet open 24/7.

like the below which i like

Zeitcoin, Mintcoin, NEM

OKcash, currently at 20% stake... good timing still.

If you like my work, please donate OKcash through our Discord Bot or PD9vUyDVZHxEJDvpDU9h3KDehgGayP4JKH

I rain and donate back most funds!  OKorator@gmail.com Twitter: @okcashorator
Penttikuisma

Activity: 157
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 07, 2016, 12:29:06 PM

Thanks for sharing this with me mate. I'm looking into how it works and I have to say that it has really brought my attention. Considering that Hodlcoin is cheap right now, I might grab a few coins to test this out. Hope that I'll make the wise investment decision doing this.  Cheesy

Sounds cool. I'm researching more about this and so far it looks very promising. This is somewhat similar to NEM's delegated harvesting by the way, but worth the shot. Another good thing that DCR has is decentralized governance where users can decide upon the future of the digital currency.  Smiley

Here's some good information : https://wiki.decred.org/Introduction#Meritocratic_Governance

Imo Decred seems to be one of the best projects around
Marc De Mesel

Activity: 327
Merit: 250

The Best Investment Deserves The Largest Exposure

View Profile
September 07, 2016, 06:14:02 PM

NXT ofcourse.

The only one having no inflation, miners are payed with the transaction fees only.

This means, you don't have to validate transactions to keep your share of the currency.

So no need to have client open.

Early Bitcoin, Byteball & Bitcoin Cash Investor. Loving Voluntarysm, Lambos & Girls Wink
Check out my: https://youtube.com/user/Marcdemesel - https://twitter.com/marcdemesel & https://instagram.com/marc_de_mesel
crairezx20
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1046

View Profile
September 07, 2016, 06:16:40 PM

This is a good thing i never heard that thing here that you can leave and dont open your wallet just to stake it for 24 hours.
But i saw it looks like more pos coin right now are good to hold because you are taking interest while your wallet making interest.
Abiky
Legendary

View Profile
September 07, 2016, 10:30:37 PM

Here's some good information : https://wiki.decred.org/Introduction#Meritocratic_Governance

Imo Decred seems to be one of the best projects around

Thank you again, mate. This governance system from DCR looks a lot better (in my opinion) than Dash's decentralized governance. It has a pretty good mining algo, as well as being able to stake your DCR stake. I think that it is pretty undervalued in my opinion, but a good chance to get some cheap coins.  Grin

NXT ofcourse.

The only one having no inflation, miners are payed with the transaction fees only.

This means, you don't have to validate transactions to keep your share of the currency.

I've never thought that you could stake your NXT without the need to leave your wallet open 24/7. So that means that I can forge for example 10,000 NXT and then be able to receive stakes the next day without opening NXT wallet? If so, then it is pretty awesome. Also, NXT will be changing soon to Ardor so I think that this will make it a profitable journey for early NXT holders.  Smiley

████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
Marc De Mesel

View Profile
September 09, 2016, 01:47:41 PM

NXT ofcourse.

I've never thought that you could stake your NXT without the need to leave your wallet open 24/7. So that means that I can forge for example 10,000 NXT and then be able to receive stakes the next day without opening NXT wallet? If so, then it is pretty awesome. Also, NXT will be changing soon to Ardor so I think that this will make it a profitable journey for early NXT holders.  Smiley

Actually, it's little different. What I meant is that you don't have to stake because you don't lose your percentage ownership in the coin if you don't stake. Most POS coins have inflation that goes to stakers, and so if you don't stake, you are losing slowly but steadily your percentage ownership of the coin. So, you have to stake.

With NXT this is not the case because there is no inflation. The stakers get payed with the transaction fees only.

But you seem to be interested to stake without having your wallet open. This actually is possible in NXT as well, you can basically lease your staking power of your coins to another account, and they will stake with your coins, but they can't spend your coins, so you have no counterparty risk.

In NXT they call staking, forging. A 'forging pool' usually takes a share of the forging income. You have to renew this only once per month or so, so shortly login and then you can close your wallet again for a month.  Cool

Early Bitcoin, Byteball & Bitcoin Cash Investor. Loving Voluntarysm, Lambos & Girls Wink
Check out my: https://youtube.com/user/Marcdemesel - https://twitter.com/marcdemesel & https://instagram.com/marc_de_mesel
Abiky
Legendary

View Profile
September 10, 2016, 09:40:15 PM

Actually, it's little different. What I meant is that you don't have to stake because you don't lose your percentage ownership in the coin if you don't stake. Most POS coins have inflation that goes to stakers, and so if you don't stake, you are losing slowly but steadily your percentage ownership of the coin. So, you have to stake.

With NXT this is not the case because there is no inflation. The stakers get payed with the transaction fees only.

But you seem to be interested to stake without having your wallet open. This actually is possible in NXT as well, you can basically lease your staking power of your coins to another account, and they will stake with your coins, but they can't spend your coins, so you have no counterparty risk.

In NXT they call staking, forging. A 'forging pool' usually takes a share of the forging income. You have to renew this only once per month or so, so shortly login and then you can close your wallet again for a month.  Cool

Thanks for the info, mate! It is good to know that you can also stake NXT without leaving your wallet open with the option to lease your coins to the other account. Still, what would be the minimum amount of NXT to have in order to begin forging? I have some NXT but it doesn't start forging maybe because I don't have enough NXT to begin with the process.

Anyways, NXT has been one of my favorite alt coins and I hope that with the release of Ardor it would be even better.

████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
sayyedraza

Activity: 364

View Profile
September 10, 2016, 10:21:57 PM

I think POSwallet is Nice but they charge 1-1.5% fee for deposit any listed coin . (Like Net coin they Charge 1.5% )
You can even request them to add new coin too

Thanks
Regards
sayyedraza
Marc De Mesel

View Profile
September 11, 2016, 09:40:57 AM

Thanks for the info, mate! It is good to know that you can also stake NXT without leaving your wallet open with the option to lease your coins to the other account. Still, what would be the minimum amount of NXT to have in order to begin forging? I have some NXT but it doesn't start forging maybe because I don't have enough NXT to begin with the process.

Anyways, NXT has been one of my favorite alt coins and I hope that with the release of Ardor it would be even better.

I think it's 1000 nxt or so the minimum u need to stake. But do note that returns are also quite low from staking, it's only 1% or 2% per year. Now with the bonus program it's maybe 3%.

Nxt/Ardor is not so interesting if you are only in it for mining and dumping, but if you are in it to build a coin stash that hopefully goes up a lot, and so hold the Nxt/Ardor than you may make great returns, not so much thanks to mining but thanks to the coin going up more as others because it favors investors more than others.

Daffadile

Activity: 1162
Merit: 500

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile WWW
September 12, 2016, 03:57:10 PM

7% yearly??
Current Bonus Rate:   
541.66416%
Standard Rate:   
5.00311%
Total APR:   
546.66727%
Daily Rate:   
0.22750%

OMG ! I love Hodl I love the whole idea of it and how it works. I always put my hodl coins in for a full year for the max return. Do it now for massive earnings early on. The rate goes down so I do not know what it will be at the years end but it is still worth it.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit AirDrop $.|.Get 700 YoDollars for Free!.🏆
Abiky
Legendary

View Profile
September 12, 2016, 05:42:27 PM

I think POSwallet is Nice but they charge 1-1.5% fee for deposit any listed coin . (Like Net coin they Charge 1.5% )
You can even request them to add new coin too

Thanks
Regards
sayyedraza

Sounds like a great cloud staking service to try. I've had a bad experience with Stakeminers and Staisybit, hopefully this new service would be reliable at last. As long as it delivers as promised, there should be nothing to worry about. But still, as with any investment it is advised to proceed with caution.  Smiley

I think it's 1000 nxt or so the minimum u need to stake. But do note that returns are also quite low from staking, it's only 1% or 2% per year. Now with the bonus program it's maybe 3%.

Nxt/Ardor is not so interesting if you are only in it for mining and dumping, but if you are in it to build a coin stash that hopefully goes up a lot, and so hold the Nxt/Ardor than you may make great returns, not so much thanks to mining but thanks to the coin going up more as others because it favors investors more than others.

Great. Thanks for the tip. I'll grab some more NXT while they're cheap as it may be suddenly pumped once Ardor comes live. If the price goes up, I would have made profit along with the stakes that I may receive.

OMG ! I love Hodl I love the whole idea of it and how it works. I always put my hodl coins in for a full year for the max return. Do it now for massive earnings early on. The rate goes down so I do not know what it will be at the years end but it is still worth it.

Sounds exciting! I will give this a try and see how profitable it would be. Since Hodlcoin is very cheap now, I will grab a bunch of these coins and see my return in a year. This alt coin has been added to my favorite list of CPU mineable coins.  Cheesy

████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
Johnny00 (OP)

Activity: 896
Merit: 553

View Profile
September 12, 2016, 07:56:01 PM

I feel that NXT was already pumped. before once Ardor comes as NXT will go to zero

|
We plan to invest over
$1 billion in the regulated, licensed,
and legal businesses to build the IOB Mesh
|
Same Token,IOB
Multiple Regulated
Security Token
ICOs Across the World.
|
TELEGRAM
TWITTER
GITHUB
REDDIT
中文电报群
MEDIUM
BITCOINTALK
LINKEDIN
MyLucky7

Activity: 62
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 13, 2016, 04:48:41 AM

In fact many POS coins you can stake perhaps once per month and still can earn roughly equal to those stake 24/7. You only lose some compound interests which are very small in amount.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: