Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 09:59:46 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Ummm... Why does CryptcoMiner still have a positive trust rating?  (Read 485 times)
awesome31312 (OP)

Activity: 826
Merit: 504

View Profile
August 30, 2016, 10:31:03 AM
Last edit: August 30, 2016, 10:59:18 AM by awesome31312

For people too young to remember, CryptcoMiner was 2014's biggest Ponzi scheme, targeting Bitcointalk users in a very old-fashioned scam contrastingly presented in a unique way, they shut down when they hit the 70 BTC mark.

You can see many posts of it, just use Google, there are many threads about it on Bitcointalk even to this day

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=785376.0

So, why does the user's trust rating show:
Trust:    10: -0 / +1

Account recovered 08-12-2019

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
james.lent

Activity: 602
Merit: 501

View Profile
August 30, 2016, 10:33:45 AM

Check back your trusted list mate. They're tagged red. - 8 from my pov
awesome31312 (OP)

View Profile
August 30, 2016, 10:35:28 AM

Wait, why is it different for me then? And how do I change it so that mine shows -8 too?

james.lent

Activity: 602
Merit: 501

View Profile
August 30, 2016, 10:39:53 AM

Wait, why is it different for me then? And how do I change it so that mine shows -8 too?

This is the outcome when newbies buy accounts here on bitcointalk.
awesome31312 (OP)

View Profile
August 30, 2016, 10:42:53 AM

This is the outcome when newbies buy accounts here on bitcointalk.

That really does not answer my question, but alright, I guess.

Jhanzo

Activity: 798
Merit: 506

Thank satoshi

View Profile
August 30, 2016, 10:47:51 AM

They're 0: -0 / +0 with unmodified trust settings.

@OP
You're seeing that because your (bought) account have someone who gave a positive feedback to Cryptominer in your trust network.  In this case that someone is you.

Trusted an exchange that climbed to the top 3 in just under 2 years with your money? you are fucking stupid.
awesome31312 (OP)

View Profile
August 30, 2016, 10:50:27 AM

@OP
You're seeing that because your (bought) account have someone who gave a positive feedback to Cryptominer in your trust list.

My account is not bought. I have not modified anything in my trust list, it is as it always has been since I have signed up. Also, you can go back to my posts from the very beginning, they have always been satirical and sarcastic, as well as free of grammar/spelling errors. It doesn't make sense when you accuse me of using a bought account. I won't waste any time defending myself against something that I do not consider to be a vice though.

Jhanzo

Activity: 798
Merit: 506

Thank satoshi

View Profile
August 30, 2016, 10:53:38 AM

@OP
You're seeing that because your (bought) account have someone who gave a positive feedback to Cryptominer in your trust list.

My account is not bought. I have not modified anything in my trust list, it is as it always has been since I have signed up. Also, you can go back to my posts from the very beginning, they have always been satirical and sarcastic, as well as free of grammar/spelling errors. It doesn't make sense when you accuse me of using a bought account. I won't waste any time defending myself against something that I do not consider to be a vice though.

I've edited my post to clarify some thing while you were typing.  That should make things clear.
You gave them a positive trust back in 2014 and you're included in your own trust list/network by default.

Trusted an exchange that climbed to the top 3 in just under 2 years with your money? you are fucking stupid.
awesome31312 (OP)

View Profile
August 30, 2016, 10:58:54 AM

@OP

I've edited my post to clarify some thing while you were typing.  That should make things clear.
You gave them a positive trust back in 2014 and you're included in your own trust list/network by default.

Oh, I just realized that the rating I had left on their profile when they absconded was a positive one, not a negative one. Oops!

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: