Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 08:37:21 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Want to start a ASIC mining rig retailer  (Read 1333 times)
Bendex (OP)

Activity: 20
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 02, 2013, 10:07:38 PM

Wouldn't it be nice to be able to buy mining hardware on demand, and not have to wait months? I play tennis with an investment banker who's interest has been perked by Bitcoin.

So first I need to figure out how much it will cost to develope the hardware. If some experts could provide me with some details so that I can provide them to the board designers, that would be great. None of you happen to have a Gerber file for an ASIC miner by any chance, do you?  Smiley
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bit by Bit

Activity: 15

View Profile
April 02, 2013, 10:31:30 PM

Based on what I've learned over the past few days its looks like it would be more profitable to start a scam selling ASIC miners
ChipGeek

Activity: 198
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 03, 2013, 12:18:55 AM

Wouldn't it be nice to be able to buy mining hardware on demand, and not have to wait months? I play tennis with an investment banker who's interest has been perked by Bitcoin.

So first I need to figure out how much it will cost to develope the hardware. If some experts could provide me with some details so that I can provide them to the board designers, that would be great. None of you happen to have a Gerber file for an ASIC miner by any chance, do you?  Smiley
The boards are the easy part.  Any decent college kid can do those. 

What you will not be able to easily acquire are the ASIC chips themselves.  You're looking at a multi-million dollar project (and at least 12 months) to design a chip to be competitive with what will be out there in that time frame.  If it was as easy as you think it is, there would be 20 or more companies selling them already.

Tip jar: 1ChipGeeK7PDxaAWG4VgsTi31SfJ6peKHw
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
April 03, 2013, 12:43:06 AM

Your post piqued my interest, hence this reply. You do realize that all your posts to date are littered with grammatical errors don't you? It'll be pretty difficult for you to gain interest in your endeavor from members of this forum, let alone some investment banker waiting for his coffee to percolate.
donbenosee

Activity: 56

View Profile
April 03, 2013, 03:06:46 AM

So first I need to figure out how much it will cost to develope the hardware.

I think you need to read up on what a 'retailer' does first...
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: