Bitcoin Forum
April 28, 2024, 02:53:32 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BFL Update 03-25-2013  (Read 3059 times)
Dalkore
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1026

Mining since 2010 & Hosting since 2012

View Profile WWW
March 28, 2013, 03:04:56 AM

2 out of "dozen of loud and stupid people" posted already, that was really quick Grin

Yes, the people who aren't shilling for a vaporware manufacturer are the stupid ones. BFL modified their hashing power and power usage targets to match bASIC's specs. It wasn't "we engineered this device to run at 60gh/s and use 60 watts", it was "bASIC says their machine will run at 60gh/s and 60 watts, so we have to say ours will too". bASIC couldn't deliver, what makes you think BFL can? a die shrink from 110nm to 65nm doesn't give you a 90% drop in power usage, and BFL has proven with their delays that they are nowhere near as capable of engineering a rig as Avalon.

2 out of "dozen of loud and stupid people" posted already, that was really quick Grin

Yes, the people who aren't shilling for a vaporware manufacturer are the stupid ones. BFL modified their hashing power and power usage targets to match bASIC's specs. It wasn't "we engineered this device to run at 60gh/s and use 60 watts", it was "bASIC says their machine will run at 60gh/s and 60 watts, so we have to say ours will too". bASIC couldn't deliver, what makes you think BFL can? a die shrink from 110nm to 65nm doesn't give you a 90% drop in power usage, and BFL has proven with their delays that they are nowhere near as capable of engineering a rig as Avalon.

Avalon and Single are not in the same category, actualy they are not even close to same category. Are you really retarded or just pretending?
What do you actualy know about chip design? Nothing. Same as others in your pathetic forum crawling group, you are lame, frustrated and dumb.

I'll quote Josh from BFL, post where he profiled you and alikes perfectly:

"I know some people think it's easy to do what we are doing, and to that I would like to point out the fact that there still isn't any viable competitors
in this market place. Avalon has shipped at most 300 units which has taken them 3 months to accomplish - we are geared up to ship that many (and
more) per day. That kind of volume is not trivial. The lack of viable competitors should be an indication of the fact that this process is not trivial, no
matter how much the piss poor "engineers" and armchair quarterbacks on Bitcointalk want you to believe they know what they are talking about, the
simple fact is: They don't. If they did, they would be multi-millionaires selling you Bitcoin ASICs, and you'd have these amazing product they can
supposedly design from scratch in an afternoon. The fact that they are on Bitcointalk talking about how awesome they are as opposed to selling you
ASICs should be the first clue that they have no idea what they are doing or what they are talking about."

Now go buy Avalons and enjoy them for a while, until network hits few Petahashes or more.

Funny how we get this Jr. Member troll that quotes Josh.   Is this Josh?    You think this is a game but in reality it is not.   Think ahead.

Hosting: Low as $60.00 per KW - Link
Transaction List: jayson3 +5 - ColdHardMetal +3 - Nolo +2 - CoinHoarder +1 - Elxiliath +1 - tymm0 +1 - Johnniewalker +1 - Oscer +1 - Davidj411 +1 - BitCoiner2012 +1 - dstruct2k +1 - Philj +1 - camolist +1 - exahash +1 - Littleshop +1 - Severian +1 - DebitMe +1 - lepenguin +1 - StringTheory +1 - amagimetals +1 - jcoin200 +1 - serp +1 - klintay +1 - -droid- +1 - FlutterPie +1

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
PuertoLibre
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1003

View Profile
March 28, 2013, 03:19:28 AM

You should take a look at BFL forums.

Their forums have "magical" FanBoi's that have less than 5 posts and all fully support BFL. Of course they are probably just BFL employess abusing the hell out of their own registration system.

Most of the new nicks have crazy login names that no one in their right mind would ever remember.

I was kicked out shortly after pointing that out.

The BFL forums apparently come with Employees using nick names that fully support BFL. Sometimes these "new" people even answer BFL related questions rather authoritatively....yet they shouldn't know jack.
dropt
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 28, 2013, 03:47:52 AM

What do you actualy know about chip design? Nothing. Same as others in your pathetic forum crawling group, you are lame, frustrated and dumb.

Well then, what are your credentials that make you an expert in "chip design"?
Entropy-uc

Activity: 756
Merit: 501

View Profile
March 28, 2013, 04:08:54 AM

It would not quell dozen of loud and stupid people who can't see almost epic difference between medium computer case very noisy
machine consuming 600W+ and one that does the same job but fits in a palm, is silent and consumes 60W. Because of those people,
there are no regular updates.

Of course it's silent.  It doesn't do anything.

My pet rock has been silent for 30 years now.  Are you going to give me $30k if I call it a mining rig?
Frizz23

Activity: 1162
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 28, 2013, 04:55:41 AM

lmftfy:

Quote from: BFL_Josh
"The process to bring a brand new ASIC to life is not as simple as turning it on. The fact that some people BFL thinks it is, is an indicator that they have never actually done so. There is a lot of testing, poking, prodding and debugging that needs to happen to get a chip up and running and if someone BFL tells you differently, they are incorrect, plain and simple."

And this is exactly the explanation why BFL is so bloody late (and will possibly never have a working product): They are just some cowboys that managed to get the funding done (venture capital, pre order money), outsourced everything and naively took the best case scenarios from their subcontractors for their estimates.

Ξtherization⚡️First P2E 2016⚡️🏰💎🌈 etherization.org
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
March 28, 2013, 07:07:50 AM

It would not quell dozen of loud and stupid people who can't see almost epic difference between medium computer case very noisy
machine consuming 600W+ and one that does the same job but fits in a palm, is silent and consumes 60W. Because of those people,
there are no regular updates.

Of course it's silent.  It doesn't do anything.

My pet rock has been silent for 30 years now.  Are you going to give me $30k if I call it a mining rig?

I LOLed here....good one haha  Cheesy

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 
███████████████████████████████████████

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

Red_Evil

Activity: 1484

Across The Universe

View Profile
March 28, 2013, 08:17:35 AM

Oh Now Real Update ...

No Shipping Number from the Boards avaible ?
Or BFL need`s Easter Holidays because its exhausting to do nothing
hanzac

Activity: 425
Merit: 262

View Profile
March 28, 2013, 09:36:32 AM

Now I know how American people do the job.
Frizz23

Activity: 1162

View Profile
March 28, 2013, 12:44:27 PM

If they, company who delivered FPGAs before, are cowboys, who are you? Have you achieved anything worth showing-off to others?
ASIC? FPGA? Some other Bitcoin-related hardware? Or a software maybe? Commits to Bitcoin git hub? Miner or wallet software? Or at least a
blog? None of those.

You do realize that there's a life outside the Bitcoin bubble? Outside the Internet?

I don't have to design ASICs. Simply because it's not my field of expertise (neither is it BFL's by the way). Nor do I have to run an Internet store that sells T-Shirts with Bitcoin imprints (like your shop, Megastore).

I have family, friends & a good job.

Ξtherization⚡️First P2E 2016⚡️🏰💎🌈 etherization.org
greyhawk

Activity: 938
Merit: 1009

View Profile
March 28, 2013, 02:09:31 PM

If they, company who delivered FPGAs before, are cowboys, who are you? Have you achieved anything worth showing-off to others?
ASIC? FPGA? Some other Bitcoin-related hardware? Or a software maybe? Commits to Bitcoin git hub? Miner or wallet software? Or at least a
blog? None of those.

You do realize that there's a life outside the Bitcoin bubble? Outside the Internet?

This is the guy that spent several hundred hours setting up a cafepress shop. I don't think he has time to leave the Internet.
kjlimo
Legendary

Activity: 2086
Merit: 1031

View Profile WWW
March 28, 2013, 11:43:35 PM

After reading this whole thread, not one update of estimated delivery...

Wish I could read the BFL forums on my phone...  just got back in town from vacation.

Will be home soon, woot!  Guessing there's no boxes on my front stoop...

Coinbase for selling BTCs
Fold for spending BTCs
PM me with any questions on these sites/apps!  http://www.montybitcoin.com

or Vircurex for trading alt cryptocurrencies like DOGEs
CoinNinja for exploring the blockchain.
Minor Miner
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1011

Be A Digital Miner

View Profile
March 28, 2013, 11:50:53 PM

This is an interesting quote...

"I would like to point out the fact that there still isn't any viable competitors in this market place. Avalon has shipped at most 300 units which has taken them 3 months to accomplish - we are geared up to ship that many (and more) per day." BFL-Josh (03-25-2013)

Cheesy

So should we take from this statement, that we should only support BFL ASIC because Avalon isn't viable?   Avalon's shipping 900 units (Batch 1 & 2) and another 500 to make 1400 total.  Is that not viable?  Interesting.

How do you calculate how many "units" avalon is making?  I thought it to be less.
But your point is valid.   Josh talking trash about avalon is like Terrell Owens saying Warren Buffet cannot manage personal finances.

CharlesPonzi

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 29, 2013, 12:00:38 AM

Funny how we get this Jr. Member troll that quotes Josh.   Is this Josh?    You think this is a game but in reality it is not.   Think ahead.

There is no "think" with those who ordered any of ASIC products. It is simple - could I make serious money? If yes, invest, all else secondary.

Reality is not a game? How come, when most people play it like it is "Age of Empires", currently at "soon to be over" stage? You can think an
eon ahead, but it won't bring any good if you are narrow-minded. You'll end exactly the way each and all "Age of Empires" games end, sooner
or later.

Here is the post you were maybe looking for.

Quote from: BFL_Josh
"The process to bring a brand new ASIC to life is not as simple as turning it on. The fact that some people BFL thinks it is, is an indicator that they have never actually done so. There is a lot of testing, poking, prodding and debugging that needs to happen to get a chip up and running and if someone BFL tells you differently, they are incorrect, plain and simple."

They are just some cowboys that managed to get the funding done (venture capital, pre order money), outsourced everything and naively took the best case scenarios from their subcontractors for their estimates.

Fixed. If they, company who delivered FPGAs before, are cowboys, who are you? Have you achieved anything worth showing-off to others?
blog? None of those. All you and people like you are doing is forum crawling, posting valueless crap around. If I'm mod, you and people like you
would be banned since there is nothing valuable you have to add to Bitcoin.

You run something called "bitcoin megastore" that uses cafepress and doesnt even accept bitcoin.

I landed in this country with $2.50 in cash and $1 million in hopes, and those hopes never left me.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: