Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 05:25:07 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: The MtGox exchange rate will not exceed $100/BTC in 2013  (Read 9287 times)
zeroday
Donator

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 01, 2013, 04:49:10 PM

Say thanks to Eurozone bosses for encouraging people to stock up on bitcoins.
Impatiently waiting them to establish Capital Control all over Europe to see $1000/btc this year.
kalinka

Activity: 106
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 01, 2013, 05:39:34 PM

Thanks for the free bitcoin Cheesy

Zomdifros

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 01, 2013, 10:32:16 PM

People using BTC as long-term savings, however, the price just depends on how much people want to save in bitcoin, so the total money supply could go up at least another couple orders of magnitude.

This, +1

Zomdifros

View Profile
April 01, 2013, 11:39:58 PM

People using BTC as long-term savings, however, the price just depends on how much people want to save in bitcoin, so the total money supply could go up at least another couple orders of magnitude.

This, +1

Let me qualify that as to not give the impression that I am a permabull: The price can go up a couple orders of magnitude, and it might, maybe, possibly do that as we stretch our time horizon into the future, at least a few years down the road. My short term prediction is that this upward movement slows and peaks and either moves down slowly or drops a significant amount quickly before beginning a slow rise again.

Possible, although it's always risky to predict the short term. I am convinced though that people will find out Bitcoin is to be preferred over an ordinary savings account, and once they do, banks, hedge funds and other institutional investors will come to the same conclusion. While it is indeed possible that we may experience another boom-bust cycle, I believe that the boom part may come very soon and will be very large.

BitcoinTate

Activity: 224

DigiByte Founder

View Profile
April 01, 2013, 11:51:24 PM

This, +1

Let me qualify that as to not give the impression that I am a permabull: The price can go up a couple orders of magnitude, and it might, maybe, possibly do that as we stretch our time horizon into the future, at least a few years down the road. My short term prediction is that this upward movement slows and peaks and either moves down slowly or drops a significant amount quickly before beginning a slow rise again.

Possible, although it's always risky to predict the short term. I am convinced though that people will find out Bitcoin is to be preferred over an ordinary savings account, and once they do, banks, hedge funds and other institutional investors will come to the same conclusion. While it is indeed possible that we may experience another boom-bust cycle, I believe that the boom part may come very soon and will be very large.

With the verification line at 8000 + for gox I would say tomorrow and the next couple weeks are going to be bringing one hell of a boom!

- aka The "DigiMan"
zeroday
Donator

Activity: 784

View Profile
April 02, 2013, 05:09:44 AM

We will probably see $200/btc this month.
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
April 02, 2013, 11:03:24 AM

This, +1

With the verification line at 8000 + for gox I would say tomorrow and the next couple weeks are going to be bringing one hell of a boom!

Is there a link to where this info is?

This number in line is a huge indicator.

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 
███████████████████████████████████████

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

Zomdifros

View Profile
April 02, 2013, 11:10:56 AM

This, +1

Is there a link to where this info is?

This number in line is a huge indicator.

It's mainly known from people at http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/ mentioning it. They did work through the whole weekend at MtGox though (kudos to them for that!) so the line is hopefully somewhat shorter now. Once these people are verified it'll take some days before they are able to get fiat on the market, looks like a new batch is coming in as we speak.

ManBearPig

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

"Don't go in the trollbox, trollbox, trollbox"

View Profile WWW
April 02, 2013, 01:11:32 PM

Sorry folks, I'm pretty sure the top is finally in, and we're probably heading into long-slow-slide round 2.  I hope everyone had fun.  If the MtGox* exchange rate does exceed $100/BTC in 2013, then I'll give 1BTC each to the first two people to post in this thread who have a post count between 20 and 300.

*I'll count CoinLab too, if that ever becomes a thing

Edit:  Congratulations to Kalinka and Crazy!  Most likely you will not get anything.

How's this going for you under your little bridge?

I tweet crypto nonsense: https://twitter.com/DunningKruger_
Zangelbert Bingledack
Legendary

Activity: 1036

View Profile
April 02, 2013, 05:11:03 PM

Word from several posters on Reddit is the MtGox line is now over 9,600. Someone else on Reddit says they've noticed they move up about a thousand places in the verification queue per day.
hiima

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 02, 2013, 08:29:22 PM

You just need to say that we won't exceed $1000/BTC in 2013, and soon enough it'll surpass that.

Whiskey Fund BTC 1K2SG4amzNrB7gUwf5braHuExqnQ5nEKZp LTC Lgoz9gb7q39FMAmBz8odfkx4YFhLeofCpc
Driice

Activity: 122

View Profile
April 02, 2013, 09:24:36 PM

Congrats to proudhon for manning up. I have a theory that proudhon is really Satoshi, using a brilliant campaign of reverse psychology to magically waft the price higher and higher.

I lol'd
sangaman

Activity: 342
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
April 02, 2013, 09:35:54 PM

Respect for proudhon staying true to his promise and paying out, that's a more impressive feat in my eyes than correctly guessing which way the price is going to move.
yucca

Activity: 217

View Profile WWW
April 09, 2013, 12:18:49 AM

Respect for proudhon staying true to his promise and paying out, that's a more impressive feat in my eyes than correctly guessing which way the price is going to move.

Indeed! Especially generous considering he expected nothing should his prediction have been correct, kudos! Cool

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  

Jump to: