Bitcoin Forum
April 20, 2024, 12:26:21 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Omicron - OMC  (Read 55327 times)
roncar

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

ALAX Pilipinas - Community Manager / PH Translator

View Profile
September 05, 2016, 01:50:31 AM

Hello, Filipino Translation now live, kindly visit

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1608214.new#new

thanks

▄▄███████████▄▄
     ▄███████████████████▄
    ██████▀▀        ▀▀█████
   █████                ████
  ████                   ████
 ████                     ███
 ███▌                     ▀█▀
▐███
 ███▌              ▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄
 ████            ▄█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄
  ████          ████▀           ▀▀████▄
   ████               ▄▄██▄        ▀███▄
    ▀████▄▄        ▄▄█████▀          ████
      ▀▀███████████████▀▀             ███
          ▀▀███████▀▀                 ███▌
                                      ███▌
             ▄█▄                      ███
             ████                    ████
              ████                  ████
               ████▄              ▄████
                ▀████▄▄         ▄████▀
                  ▀██████▄▄▄▄▄█████▀
                    ▀▀▀█████████▀▀
gagapay
network

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Gladimor (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 05, 2016, 01:59:31 AM

Added more translations to the OP.

Mining since 2014
stadus
Legendary

Activity: 3080
Merit: 1292

Hhampuz for Campaign management

View Profile
September 05, 2016, 02:42:12 AM

This is actually great, I am gonna invest on this project, receiving a dividend is cool if this development will succeed. By the way, I appreciate that you give your bounty in the form of BTC, in that way we can assure they will not dump the Omicron during the listing of this coin in a exchange sites.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄
███░░░░███░░░░███
░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░
▀██████████
░░░░░███░░░░
░░░░░███▄█░░░
░░██▌░░███░▀░░██▌
█░██░░███░░░██
█▀▀▀█▌░███░░█▀▀▀█▌
▄█▄░░░██▄███▄█▄░░▄██▄
▄███▄
░░░░▀██▄▀
REGIONAL
SPONSOR
███▀██▀███▀█▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀██
██░▀░██░█░███░▀██░███▄█
█▄███▄██▄████▄████▄▄▄██
██▀ ▀███▀▀░▀██▀▀▀██████
███▄███░▄▀██████▀█▀█▀▀█
████▀▀██▄▀█████▄█▀███▄█
███▄▄▄████████▄█▄▀█████
███▀▀▀████████████▄▀███
███▄░▄█▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▄███
███████▄██▄▌████▀▀█████
▀██▄█████▄█▄▄▄██▄████▀
▀▀██████████▄▄███▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
EUROPEAN
BETTING
PARTNER
zyrianka

Activity: 34
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 05, 2016, 07:51:43 AM

Hello

I have a question.

Why have this loan option if the dividends are times smaller than with trading? Why have twice less profit?
tomkat

Activity: 1022
Merit: 507

View Profile
September 05, 2016, 08:21:03 AM

So the whole success of this relies on you trading? That's crazy dude, no matter how good you are, you can't win them all. What happens if you get into an accident or something or get sick, the whole project is gone, funds could be lost, there is just no security. Crypto is crazy volatile, what if you lose majority of funds? Omicron isn't a platform like iconomi, where the investment is in the platform itself, and if u choose to use there managed funds, that's up to you. And anyone can create funds on the platform, you should just consider that, managing a fund on the iconomi platform....this project is literally no different than a hyip; trust one person with funds to trade and make money. There is no innovation, or tech in this, just basic blockchain clone for illusion. There is no platform, or software or anything, just a copy and pasted Bitcoin address at the bottom....come on dude lol.

You can have all the platforms you want, all the clones, all the innovation- but the bottom line is, people invest to make money. When people invest in the Omicron IAO, they are also putting an investment in my skills. And each fund manager's skills are unique. Each have a different approach to the altcoin market that they have adapted over their period of trading on one of the highest risk markets in the world. I have a longstanding history on the market, here, and a name for myself- that is why some people choose to invest. I have years experience on the market, experience from 2 coin launches, experience from managing an investment fund- will the managers on ICONOMI have a matching background behind their belt?

When you invest in Omicron, you aren't investing in cloned code. You are putting your money with a unique and experienced individual that is delivering the first dividend-issuing cryptocurrency that will be able to be traded on public exchanges.

I understand that, I have faith that you can make a good deal amount of money trading. My argument isn't that. What I'm saying is people are investing in a trader to make money, not a developer to release tech, not a revolutionary platform where people can create their own funds and manage etc etc, omicron is a fancy hyip and that's where my issue is, you aren't owning up to what it is and branding it something different.

Are you implying entities that issue dividends are HYIPs?

Your dividends aren't guaranteed, only the minor one from poloniex lending....come on lol, anyone can do that themselves. The project is hyip. In a nutshell all of this is a fancy system for your hands to gain capital and you to play with and return profits via dividends, what's the difference if you call it dividend, roi, etc etc. can we just agree this is a good potential hyip?

Also no escrow? Why do you remain anon? What happens if you have a car accident, which is a common thing, and are hospitalized. Funds are gone since you are literally the only person controlling this money. Also, what stops you from running away with a large amount if it ever got that big?

Allow me to define "dividend" for you: "A relative sum of money issued by an entity (oftenly a company) to its shareholders."
Now, allow me to define "HYIP": "A high-yield investment program (HYIP) is a type of Ponzi scheme, an investment scam that promises unsustainably high return on investment by paying previous investors with the money invested by new investors."

In the case of OMC, the company is Omicron itself, and the shareholders are anyone that owns a balance of over-10,000 OMC. I take offence when you label this as an HYIP. This is far from a pyramid scheme.

The discussion above is finally slowly showing the epicenter of the earthquake that is going to happen in this project sooner or later Smiley
One mistake made by the OP and all "investors" are just f*d

Why to give your money to anyone while you can do exactly the same on your own? Come one people...
Gladimor (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 05, 2016, 08:25:55 AM

Hello

I have a question.

Why have this loan option if the dividends are times smaller than with trading? Why have twice less profit?

Having a sum of capital in loans enables a guaranteed biweekly dividend. After the funding phase is over, I will allow the investors to choose whether to use lending or just reserve all capital for altcoin trading.

Mining since 2014
Gladimor (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 05, 2016, 08:32:59 AM

So the whole success of this relies on you trading? That's crazy dude, no matter how good you are, you can't win them all. What happens if you get into an accident or something or get sick, the whole project is gone, funds could be lost, there is just no security. Crypto is crazy volatile, what if you lose majority of funds? Omicron isn't a platform like iconomi, where the investment is in the platform itself, and if u choose to use there managed funds, that's up to you. And anyone can create funds on the platform, you should just consider that, managing a fund on the iconomi platform....this project is literally no different than a hyip; trust one person with funds to trade and make money. There is no innovation, or tech in this, just basic blockchain clone for illusion. There is no platform, or software or anything, just a copy and pasted Bitcoin address at the bottom....come on dude lol.

You can have all the platforms you want, all the clones, all the innovation- but the bottom line is, people invest to make money. When people invest in the Omicron IAO, they are also putting an investment in my skills. And each fund manager's skills are unique. Each have a different approach to the altcoin market that they have adapted over their period of trading on one of the highest risk markets in the world. I have a longstanding history on the market, here, and a name for myself- that is why some people choose to invest. I have years experience on the market, experience from 2 coin launches, experience from managing an investment fund- will the managers on ICONOMI have a matching background behind their belt?

When you invest in Omicron, you aren't investing in cloned code. You are putting your money with a unique and experienced individual that is delivering the first dividend-issuing cryptocurrency that will be able to be traded on public exchanges.

I understand that, I have faith that you can make a good deal amount of money trading. My argument isn't that. What I'm saying is people are investing in a trader to make money, not a developer to release tech, not a revolutionary platform where people can create their own funds and manage etc etc, omicron is a fancy hyip and that's where my issue is, you aren't owning up to what it is and branding it something different.

Your dividends aren't guaranteed, only the minor one from poloniex lending....come on lol, anyone can do that themselves. The project is hyip. In a nutshell all of this is a fancy system for your hands to gain capital and you to play with and return profits via dividends, what's the difference if you call it dividend, roi, etc etc. can we just agree this is a good potential hyip?

Also no escrow? Why do you remain anon? What happens if you have a car accident, which is a common thing, and are hospitalized. Funds are gone since you are literally the only person controlling this money. Also, what stops you from running away with a large amount if it ever got that big?

Allow me to define "dividend" for you: "A relative sum of money issued by an entity (oftenly a company) to its shareholders."
Now, allow me to define "HYIP": "A high-yield investment program (HYIP) is a type of Ponzi scheme, an investment scam that promises unsustainably high return on investment by paying previous investors with the money invested by new investors."

In the case of OMC, the company is Omicron itself, and the shareholders are anyone that owns a balance of over-10,000 OMC. I take offence when you label this as an HYIP. This is far from a pyramid scheme.

The discussion above is finally slowly showing the epicenter of the earthquake that is going to happen in this project sooner or later Smiley

Why to give your money to anyone while you can do exactly the same on your own? Come one people...

There are many, many reason why people give money to others to invest for them. One of the biggest financial industries in the world is based of this entirely (mutual funds, hedge funds, etc). People don't have time, they lack experience, they don't want to take the risk themselves, they lack the tools, they lack the market power, they want a better chance at returns, people want a more suitable individual for the task- there are too many reasons to list them all.

And yes, you don't have to remind the community that there are risks involved with investing. The moment you deposit a coin on an exchange, you are taking a big risk. The moment you open a position in an altcoin, you are taking one of the biggest risks in the financial market.

Mining since 2014
tomkat

View Profile
September 05, 2016, 08:56:52 AM

There are many, many reason why people give money to others to invest for them. One of the biggest financial industries in the world is based of this entirely (mutual funds, hedge funds, etc). People don't have time, they lack experience, they don't want to take the risk themselves, they lack the tools, they lack the market power, they want a better chance at returns, people want a more suitable individual for the task- there are too many reasons to list them all.

And yes, you don't have to remind the community that there are risks involved with investing. The moment you deposit a coin on an exchange, you are taking a big risk. The moment you open a position in an altcoin, you are taking one of the biggest risks in the financial market.

Yeah, yeah, I know this type of babbling very well, but don't use these nice tricks like comparing your project to the biggest financial industries in the world.

-People don't have time - it's not that time consuming as it looks like - people tend to be lazy and think others will make something for them which is completely irrational
-they lack experience - yes, I guess they do, but they can get experience quickly
-they don't want to take the risk themselves - so you mean that the risk is reduced thanks to You? Hmm....
-they lack the tools - tools are available to everyone these days, what tools do you have that no one else can't get or buy?
-they lack the market power - so you think after this ICO you will have enough power to beat the market? well...
-they want a better chance at returns - they have exactly the same chance as you have, why do you think your chances are higher?
-people want a more suitable individual for the task - yes, and you should rather offer your investment services to individuals rather than trying to run a mass project that can fail and create substantial losses to many people. Your business model in this project creates risk for many, and you can reduce it by offering the same to limited number of people.
-And yes, you don't have to remind the community that there are risks involved with investing. - there're many newbies these days, so it's never enough to remind and warn
zyrianka

View Profile
September 05, 2016, 11:55:20 AM

this market is high-tech. It's hard to understand what's going on for non-tech people like me. That's why I'm investing in OMC. I don't have much trading expirience and i've never made a coin and i never will, coz sometimes I can't even open a wallet Smiley  So, definetly, someone with such expirience has better chance at returns than someone like me, because he is much more into it. and it actually is time-consuming. there are so many projects... never know which one to choose. plus mining. I can't mine. I've tried several times, but it's just too complicated for me. And it's most profitable part of the industry.
tomkat

View Profile
September 05, 2016, 01:03:40 PM

this market is high-tech. It's hard to understand what's going on for non-tech people like me. That's why I'm investing in OMC. I don't have much trading expirience and i've never made a coin and i never will, coz sometimes I can't even open a wallet Smiley  So, definetly, someone with such expirience has better chance at returns than someone like me, because he is much more into it. and it actually is time-consuming. there are so many projects... never know which one to choose. plus mining. I can't mine. I've tried several times, but it's just too complicated for me. And it's most profitable part of the industry.

Perhaps you shouldn't invest in something you don't understand? Or at least, invest amount that you can afford to lose. After all, the same general principles apply to investing with bankers, investment funds, stock markets etc., however, in crypto nobody will take care about your loss, even if you report a fraund to your local authorities. No wonder, since they don't get it too :-)
zyrianka

View Profile
September 05, 2016, 01:20:34 PM

that's exactly what I'm saying. i'm not investing in something i don't understand, but rather give money to someone who does. that's exactly what OMC is for
roncar

Activity: 434

ALAX Pilipinas - Community Manager / PH Translator

View Profile
September 05, 2016, 01:28:22 PM

Thanks dev, received translation bounty..  Cheesy

▄▄███████████▄▄
     ▄███████████████████▄
    ██████▀▀        ▀▀█████
   █████                ████
  ████                   ████
 ████                     ███
 ███▌                     ▀█▀
▐███
 ███▌              ▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄
 ████            ▄█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄
  ████          ████▀           ▀▀████▄
   ████               ▄▄██▄        ▀███▄
    ▀████▄▄        ▄▄█████▀          ████
      ▀▀███████████████▀▀             ███
          ▀▀███████▀▀                 ███▌
                                      ███▌
             ▄█▄                      ███
             ████                    ████
              ████                  ████
               ████▄              ▄████
                ▀████▄▄         ▄████▀
                  ▀██████▄▄▄▄▄█████▀
                    ▀▀▀█████████▀▀
gagapay
network

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
someone111

Activity: 453

View Profile
September 05, 2016, 01:29:39 PM

I could potentially learn trading and profitable mining of new coins myself. It's interesting stuff and I would love to fully understand the skills, possibilities and limits. However, it's not something I could do apropos of nothing. Buying into OMC is a speculative risky investment that will generate passive income. When I am speculating with coins myself, it's no longer passive income. Then it's active income. And any minute spent on active income for speculation and mining cannot be used on regular jobs. My mental resources per day are limited unfortunately. Being fully informed about multiple coins, icos, projects or whatever with fundamental and chart analysis, keeping up with news and forum discussion is a full time job. So I am very glad that projects such as OMC and iconomi exist.

-
tomkat

View Profile
September 05, 2016, 01:48:00 PM

that's exactly what I'm saying. i'm not investing in something i don't understand, but rather give money to someone who does. that's exactly what OMC is for

Nevermind, forget what I told you and have fun - I'm getting my pop-corn too, to watch this out :-)
someone111

Activity: 453

View Profile
September 05, 2016, 03:24:32 PM

Adam, I am wondering about your trading strategy and philosophy. Perhaps you can reveal one or another thing?

Why don't you just trade your own high 6-figures portfolio? My best guess is, that you consider it a your first, a single account or a single portfolio. Retirement money so to speak. Perhaps you invested it into a mix of fiat, ETFs, stocks, bricks or precious metals for long time stability. Staying inside crypto coins for life is not wise. One bug or successful attack on the coin network or government ban and a huge devaluation happens, that is a huge risk. That is what I probably would do.

Perhaps now that you secured your first account, first portfolio, now you want to start over again and build your second account / second portfolio?

Or you want more leverage so you can influence markets? No longer acting like a speculator who is at the mercy of the markets but being a whale that has a major influence of market directions?

-
Pap0u

Activity: 644

View Profile
September 05, 2016, 03:31:36 PM

And it's too much trust in 1 person.....who barely has any real identity. Exactly, all this project is people giving you money to invest and make them money. That's Hyip. What stops you from accumulating a great deal of wealth and then completely disappearing? If you have such skills and six figures, use your own money dude, why do you need a substantial amount from the community? Are you Jesus just giving free handouts?

You've been in the hyip game. You literally saw iconomi's idea and rushed to make a similar idea on fund management and dividends etc. Maybe you are just overconfident and think if you had a good amount of capital you could become filthy rich. Do it with your own money dude, don't risk the little amounts that these people have. They give it to you because they are inexperienced, uneducated and easy targets to pray on with promises of wealth. This deserves to be an investor based game, not a project. There is no project. Also, the website and just everything in general looks very basic from free website templates and no thought at all. You are literally attempting to ride iconomi's wave lol. But like I said, they aren't about just the fund management, it's the platform itself.

olcaytu2005
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1024

View Profile
September 05, 2016, 04:19:59 PM

Yeah, yeah, I know this type of babbling very well, but don't use these nice tricks like comparing your project to the biggest financial industries in the world.

-People don't have time - it's not that time consuming as it looks like - people tend to be lazy and think others will make something for them which is completely irrational
-they lack experience - yes, I guess they do, but they can get experience quickly
-they don't want to take the risk themselves - so you mean that the risk is reduced thanks to You? Hmm....
-they lack the tools - tools are available to everyone these days, what tools do you have that no one else can't get or buy?
-they lack the market power - so you think after this ICO you will have enough power to beat the market? well...
-they want a better chance at returns - they have exactly the same chance as you have, why do you think your chances are higher?
-people want a more suitable individual for the task - yes, and you should rather offer your investment services to individuals rather than trying to run a mass project that can fail and create substantial losses to many people. Your business model in this project creates risk for many, and you can reduce it by offering the same to limited number of people.
-And yes, you don't have to remind the community that there are risks involved with investing. - there're many newbies these days, so it's never enough to remind and warn

The important part you are missing is that the more money you play with, the gains will be higher. If 100 people with 10 btc comes together, they are able to drive some markets by themselves. I've known Gladimor for a long period now and I know he is a good trader. He just needs more funds to trade for more profit. And he is willing to share that profit it seems.
Tortoise75

Activity: 346

View Profile
September 05, 2016, 04:29:43 PM

-On the whole it does seem quite irrational but most people, including me, are spending quite a big chunk of their time to do things for other people, and usually do it for money. Ironically, usually a big part of the money earned by that work goes to someone else as well.
-As with most things: Yes, they can and most give up before they got that kind of experience. Sometimes the training became to costly one way or another, or just got bored.
-Well, that's something everyone has to decide for himself.
-Tools are available for everyone but not all are for free. Since the rule is 'never invest more than you can afford to loose', and I include the costs of the tools here, for some a stepping stone might be needed to get to the point to be able to afford the tools and have a pool of funds left to use them properly.
-Well, it's not that hard to beat the market of some coins so it'll enough to beat the market of more coins. More important though is enough funds to play the market and most important enough funds to properly profit from well done investments into the market.
-Again, what Gladimor thinks here is not important. People must decide with the information at hand how their chances are. In theory their chances should be equal, but practically, at this moment in time, they are not. Skill, knowledge, experience, time, tools and funds available, or the will to rise the latter, and last but not least web and hardware access are different for everyone.
-OK, sorry but that one sounds ridiculous to me. How is it better to risk more money per individual than less money per person but more people? Or to exclude people in the first place by servicing only a selected few? What I think is important is not taking more money total than could be handled responsibly, not taking a larger number of investors than could be serviced, and not requiring too much money from a single investor to participate to reduce risk of people investing more than they can afford just to be able to join in.

-Yes and no. Warnings are needed so people understand the risks but there is a point where warning turns into spreading insecurity and even anxiety. And there is a difference between telling 'watch out for sharks' and yelling 'Are you crazy to step in there? RUN AWAY!!1!!! There are huge big toothed monsters out there hunting for you!!!
EpyxZ

Activity: 994
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 05, 2016, 05:39:19 PM

Just quoting these since I agree. Wrote crap load then of course hit the backspace  :/
-OK, sorry but that one sounds ridiculous to me. How is it better to risk more money per individual than less money per person but more people? Or to exclude people in the first place by servicing only a selected few? What I think is important is not taking more money total than could be handled responsibly, not taking a larger number of investors than could be serviced, and not requiring too much money from a single investor to participate to reduce risk of people investing more than they can afford just to be able to join in.

And there is a difference between telling 'watch out for sharks' and yelling 'Are you crazy to step in there? RUN AWAY!!1!!! There are huge big toothed monsters out there hunting for you!!!

FruitBucket

Activity: 286

View Profile
September 05, 2016, 06:56:09 PM

OP what happens to the unsold coins?

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 »
  Print  

Jump to: