Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 10:48:00 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 [45] 46 47 48 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Omicron - OMC  (Read 55329 times)
zyrianka

Activity: 34
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 17, 2017, 03:38:16 PM

Yes, math is not very accurate... But still we can afford it. The chart doesn't look like going down. And as I see it, in a couple of weeks, after Poloniex's coins pump it will be bittrex turn, and  BLOCK might go up a lot. The only problem i see is that the stake maybe a little too big. 
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
drays
Legendary

Activity: 2520
Merit: 1073

View Profile
May 20, 2017, 03:03:14 AM

Is Gladimor still on this project, or did he has actually left it, together with funds..?

... this space is not for rent ...
puremage111

Activity: 1568
Merit: 511

View Profile WWW
May 21, 2017, 11:51:51 AM

he is on

hes on daily, he will give news when something is moving, like the current situation after x trade, or x actions Smiley
dwyer17

Activity: 199
Merit: 100

Give 'em the pickle

View Profile
May 22, 2017, 09:24:32 PM

My OMC wallet has been out of sync for some time now.

"6737 block remaining"

Anyone else seeing this or do I need to troubleshoot my wallet?
Tortoise75

Activity: 346
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 23, 2017, 05:44:09 AM

Happened here too some while back and it looks like the wallet managed to get stuck on its very own blockchain fork. Had to resync in the end.
Andeze17

Activity: 650
Merit: 502

View Profile
May 23, 2017, 08:55:09 AM

he is on

hes on daily, he will give news when something is moving, like the current situation after x trade, or x actions Smiley

Thats reassuring, at least there is some dev activity on slack.
SyGambler
Legendary

Activity: 2436
Merit: 1804

guess who's back

View Profile
May 25, 2017, 12:46:07 AM

for people who aren't on slack , a quick update from Adam

Quick update:

[11:40]
Trading is progressing pretty well. We are fast-tracking our way to the next series of dividends (for the first time). I expect it to be soon.

[11:41]
Some of the best trades so far this year were made a couple of days.

That was on 23rd May , so it's good news guys and hopefully things will now be as it was at the launch of the project
maybe it's time to grab some cheap OMC from yobit , who knows !!  Cheesy
dwyer17

Give 'em the pickle

View Profile
May 26, 2017, 03:52:46 AM

Happened here too some while back and it looks like the wallet managed to get stuck on its very own blockchain fork. Had to resync in the end.

A resync solved your issue? How did you resync without losing your wallet data/address?
Tortoise75

View Profile
May 26, 2017, 03:18:09 PM

Yes, resyncing fixed it. First, always keep at least one safe copy/backup of the wallet.dat elsewhere. Then close the wallet and delete/rename everything but wallet.dat (only really important file because it contains all your address and wallet data), peers.dat (not important but might help reconnecting) and Omicron.conf (no use setting one up again). Start the wallet and it syncs up from scratch. The coin is still quite new so it doesn't takes that long.
dwyer17

Give 'em the pickle

View Profile
May 27, 2017, 11:40:28 PM

Yes, resyncing fixed it. First, always keep at least one safe copy/backup of the wallet.dat elsewhere. Then close the wallet and delete/rename everything but wallet.dat (only really important file because it contains all your address and wallet data), peers.dat (not important but might help reconnecting) and Omicron.conf (no use setting one up again). Start the wallet and it syncs up from scratch. The coin is still quite new so it doesn't takes that long.

I am running the wallet on Windows, the only file I can delete is omicron-qt.exe
I did deleted that, downloaded a fresh version. Still out of sync. I am doing something wrong, right?
Tortoise75

View Profile
May 28, 2017, 10:27:32 AM

Yes, the data files the wallet generates are in %appdata%\omicron (full path, given C: is your windows drive and english the system language, C:\users\<yourusername>\appdata\roaming\omicron). You might have to change the options of the windows explorer to show those folders (View > Options > View > Advanced Settings > 'Hidden Files and Folders' > Mark 'Show hidden files, folders and drives' )

PS: Btw some security hint: while you're already in the options you might want to unhook 'Hide extensions of known file types' slightly down the list. It helps not to distractedly double click that email attachment or downloaded trojan if you see the file as the real, for example, invoice.pdf.exe or roadmap.doc.exe rather than just invoice.pdf and roadmap.doc. While there are more sophisticated infection methods, especially unpatched systems, still most of this ransomware & Co stuff manages to gets on the computers with the help of this small pre-set convenience option.
SyGambler
Legendary

guess who's back

View Profile
June 02, 2017, 02:40:54 AM

a quick update from Adam in Slack :
if you have updated/entered your BTC address for dividends in the year 2017, I would kindly request for you to re-update via the option @ www.delta.investments so I can double check.

so guys open the website and reenter your info to make things easier for Adam , it's always better to double check things  Smiley
Hopefully dividends will be really soon  Cheesy
someone111

Activity: 453

View Profile
June 09, 2017, 09:04:41 PM

Independent audits by high profile members of the Bitcoin community will be allowed every 2-3 months to make sure that data provided biweekly is accurate and not forged or modified in any way.
Curious, will there be an audit? Should be long overdue now. Or has this been scratched?

-
dwyer17

Give 'em the pickle

View Profile
June 15, 2017, 03:55:49 PM

Yes, the data files the wallet generates are in %appdata%\omicron (full path, given C: is your windows drive and english the system language, C:\users\<yourusername>\appdata\roaming\omicron). You might have to change the options of the windows explorer to show those folders (View > Options > View > Advanced Settings > 'Hidden Files and Folders' > Mark 'Show hidden files, folders and drives' )

PS: Btw some security hint: while you're already in the options you might want to unhook 'Hide extensions of known file types' slightly down the list. It helps not to distractedly double click that email attachment or downloaded trojan if you see the file as the real, for example, invoice.pdf.exe or roadmap.doc.exe rather than just invoice.pdf and roadmap.doc. While there are more sophisticated infection methods, especially unpatched systems, still most of this ransomware & Co stuff manages to gets on the computers with the help of this small pre-set convenience option.

Thanks for the help. I am still having issues.

I even installed the wallet on a different computer at a different location on a different network.

My wallet still won't sync. It gets stuck at about 9%. Sometimes it gets past 9% but then reverts back to 9%.

Example: Yesterday! My wallet was at 56% sync and this morning it is back to 9%!

Is this a local issue with me or is this a currency wide issue?

I have deleted everything except for wallet.dat several times, I have downloaded a fresh copy of the wallet, still I get stuck at 9%.
BitcoinsGreat

Activity: 980
Merit: 280

View Profile
June 15, 2017, 04:48:14 PM

Independent audits by high profile members of the Bitcoin community will be allowed every 2-3 months to make sure that data provided biweekly is accurate and not forged or modified in any way.
Curious, will there be an audit? Should be long overdue now. Or has this been scratched?

I have peeked here on and off and I think it is time for a closer look.  What are the criteria for the dividends?  Are they simple time based payouts or are they triggered by events on the chain? 
mrayazgul

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 15, 2017, 04:50:48 PM

I love the entire host of things that can be done with scripting and I love the fact that that you guys are getting your hands dirty with some of that. 
These features and others are what is going to help with public/government adoption because they can do things that can never be done with FIAT.
JohnBitCo

Activity: 2030
Merit: 356

View Profile
June 15, 2017, 05:26:07 PM

One thing that you can do is download some of the scripts that people have for the dice sites.  Do not use them, but rather open them in a text editor and look at the approach they use for building bets based on the balance and previous results. 
jennywhzz

Activity: 415

View Profile
June 16, 2017, 06:23:47 PM

One thing that you can do is download some of the scripts that people have for the dice sites.  Do not use them, but rather open them in a text editor and look at the approach they use for building bets based on the balance and previous results. 

You can ignore most of the coding and look for the parts that build the best strategy.  You can also search places like github and explore those scripts without even downloading them.

SyGambler
Legendary

guess who's back

View Profile
June 16, 2017, 06:41:41 PM

I even installed the wallet on a different computer at a different location on a different network.

My wallet still won't sync. It gets stuck at about 9%. Sometimes it gets past 9% but then reverts back to 9%.

Example: Yesterday! My wallet was at 56% sync and this morning it is back to 9%!

I have deleted everything except for wallet.dat several times, I have downloaded a fresh copy of the wallet, still I get stuck at 9%.

hey mate , I have suffered a lot from syncing problems cause I don't keep my laptop on all the day due to electricity problems
but always when I deleted the wallet and install again and download the whole blochchain again the problem gets solved
I have just done that and all is going alright , got a punch of stakes  Smiley
I'm not a tech guy , but this has always worked
Tortoise75

View Profile
June 18, 2017, 02:37:23 PM

It still gets out of sync here occasionally, probably due to connection issues, but I don't have problems resyncing afterwards. You could try to let the wallet sync with a new wallet.dat to see if that works. If it does you replace the new wallet.dat with your old one and restart the wallet with the -rescan option added.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 [45] 46 47 48 »
  Print  

Jump to: