Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 11:10:32 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Avalon chip orders  (Read 3704 times)
samborambo

Activity: 30
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 28, 2013, 07:58:42 AM

How about a USB stick miner? The current Avalon chip is less than 2.5W, the USB power limit. It's around 275MH/s and could probably be sold for less than $5 in quantity.
Dream on dude Smiley

Ah, huh. Troll.

Ugh, everyone's suddenly an electronics engineer.

Interfacing should be a doddle if they've used something industry standard like SPI or I2C. USB design with an 8bit micro and a simple serial bus could be whacked out in an afternoon. Its so much simpler than a big rig design since power conversion design is mostly done for you.

USB sticks would make efficient mining resource available to everyone. Want a bit more mining power? Just buy the latest mining stick and shove it in your powered usb hub along with the rest.

In fact, fuck it. I'll start a kickstarter project for the mining stick. I just need a spec and a budgetary price from avalon,  design the board, start a firmware open source git repo, find a pcb fab, stuffing and testing service and we're away :-)

Sam.
Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ursa

Activity: 72
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 28, 2013, 09:15:39 AM

Where did the first info about selling chips came from? Maybe it was a BS from the beginning
Rodyland

Activity: 499
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 28, 2013, 11:47:00 AM

How about a USB stick miner? The current Avalon chip is less than 2.5W, the USB power limit. It's around 275MH/s and could probably be sold for less than $5 in quantity.
Dream on dude Smiley

Ah, huh. Troll.

Ugh, everyone's suddenly an electronics engineer.

Interfacing should be a doddle if they've used something industry standard like SPI or I2C. USB design with an 8bit micro and a simple serial bus could be whacked out in an afternoon. Its so much simpler than a big rig design since power conversion design is mostly done for you.

USB sticks would make efficient mining resource available to everyone. Want a bit more mining power? Just buy the latest mining stick and shove it in your powered usb hub along with the rest.

In fact, fuck it. I'll start a kickstarter project for the mining stick. I just need a spec and a budgetary price from avalon,  design the board, start a firmware open source git repo, find a pcb fab, stuffing and testing service and we're away :-)

Sam.

Combine this with a secure hardware wallet on the stick (someone's already done a secure usb hardware wallet) and you are well on your way to a fully self contained all-in-one bitcoin solution for the masses.  Make it easy enough for my grandmother to use, and secure, and you've just made us all millionaires.  Tongue

Beware the weak hands!
1NcL6Mjm4qeiYYi2rpoCtQopPrH4PyKfUC
GPG ID: E3AA41E3
allten

Activity: 455
Merit: 250

You Don't Bitcoin 'till You Mint Coin

View Profile WWW
March 28, 2013, 02:34:45 PM

I thought a lot about this during the night. Didn't sleep much.

I want to help make it happen. I think we could realistically have
available and working within available in 4 to 6 weeks ;-)

It would really be nice if AVALON published their spec's.
Maybe they want to be reimbursed on setup costs or
something. I'm sure we could crowdsource the funds.

ProfMac
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 28, 2013, 03:21:06 PM

This is not to compete with Avalon, want the chips for their own consumption.
We have read the statements of BitSyncom saying that they will sell but in practice this does not sell, I'm trying to reach and no one listens to me, so I finally decided to do it publicly that seems to be the only way to contact.
I am shocked to read in some places that interest BitSyncom LLC is decentralized network, when really have centrallized as never before.

PD:All the people who are asking a PCB single-chip, in this market already exists, it is called ZTEX USB-FPGA Module 1.15x It has the same computing power than a single chip Avalon.

I was not able to find a price for this model in their shop.
I had wanted to look at the cost and estimate the income, but did not find either answer quickly.

I try to be respectful and informed.
Bogart
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 28, 2013, 03:38:48 PM

This is not to compete with Avalon, want the chips for their own consumption.
We have read the statements of BitSyncom saying that they will sell but in practice this does not sell, I'm trying to reach and no one listens to me, so I finally decided to do it publicly that seems to be the only way to contact.
I am shocked to read in some places that interest BitSyncom LLC is decentralized network, when really have centrallized as never before.

PD:All the people who are asking a PCB single-chip, in this market already exists, it is called ZTEX USB-FPGA Module 1.15x It has the same computing power than a single chip Avalon.
http://www.ztex.de/imgs/usb-fpga-1.15x-400.jpg

I was not able to find a price for this model in their shop.
I had wanted to look at the cost and estimate the income, but did not find either answer quickly.

Looks like the shop doesn't have any at the moment.  Here's the ztex thread:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=49180.0

"All safe deposit boxes in banks or financial institutions have been sealed... and may only be opened in the presence of an agent of the I.R.S." - President F.D. Roosevelt, 1933
aTg (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 28, 2013, 10:27:56 PM

To all the people who are asking for smaller units of Avalon should know that it's modular design case and features 3 or 4 modules which consist of eight independent submodules 2700MH / s.
These modules can be used without changing the basic design.

After this explanation back to the main topic of this post, we want to buy 10mil chips Avalon, can answer our emails please?
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: