Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 08:16:41 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 [90] 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 ... 878 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][KMD][dPoW] Komodo - An Open, Composable Smart Chain Platform, Secured by B  (Read 1191683 times)
flyer88

Activity: 1177
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
October 20, 2016, 08:03:21 AM

For those that have followed him a bit know that he's not really after money, he has bigger goals with this project than to get rich.
To get super rich?
No Gods or Kings. Only Bitcoin
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
cebb

Activity: 545

View Profile
October 20, 2016, 08:08:43 AM

For those that have followed him a bit know that he's not really after money, he has bigger goals with this project than to get rich.
To get super rich?

What ? you dont believe him?
What conflict of interest could he have except that he is the freaking op of this ico thread.
jl777 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1132

View Profile WWW
October 20, 2016, 08:09:58 AM

It is stated that anything abive 10k raised is war chest. What exactly is war chest? Will there be a buy wall at exchange just after coin launch? Will james use the ico btc to protect investors from the initial price drop?

Investors have been burnt recently by over bloated ico like waves. No one buys after coin is launched at exchange. Price drops to half the ico and the investors who funded the ico are called fudders when they demand justification for price drops.

Why not reward the investors by capping ico at 10k btc.

Oh and i have done good reading. And i can read what has not been writeen too. I know why the opportunistic timing of this ico with zcash launch right in the middle of your 5 week ICO.

afaik the majority of ICO funds goes to paying notary node fees for 10 years, investors who need price support shouldn't really invest, more risk than they can cope with

10k btc is more than enough to pay notary nodes for 10 yearsand develop the coin. Anything above that is going straight to dev and his teams pocket.

I am waiting on sidelines on this one by buying btcd instead of investing btc. If this gets crowded i will sell my btcd and stay away frim james and his never ending icos.

After all james is not like vitalik who sticks to his project no matter what. As soon as something more interesting comes james will leave kmd investors in dry and raise another ico. In my opinion a dev who sticks to his project for a long time is more reliable than the one who hops at each money grabbing opportunity.
Please name all of these ICOs I have supposedly done other than SuperNET and Komodo. Keep in mind Komodo is a part of SuperNET

Maybe you confuse my investing in ICOs with conducting them?

http://www.digitalcatallaxy.com/report2015.html
100+ page annual report for SuperNET
KomodoPlatform

Activity: 784
Merit: 253

Set Your Ideas Free

View Profile WWW
October 20, 2016, 08:10:34 AM

I am waiting on sidelines on this one by buying btcd instead of investing btc. If this gets crowded i will sell my btcd and stay away frim james and his never ending icos.

After all james is not like vitalik who sticks to his project no matter what. As soon as something more interesting comes james will leave kmd investors in dry and raise another ico. In my opinion a dev who sticks to his project for a long time is more reliable than the one who hops at each money grabbing opportunity.

Hello!

It has been stated before that Komodo is the second ICO before the SuperNET. There hasn't been tons and tons of ICOs, but just other projects that are build on top of SuperNET. In the many times quoted chart the actual assets from jl777 are in few:
 - Instandex, NXTcoinsco (that is relate to InstantDEX)
 - Pangea became jl777's responsibility after the original team ran out of funds and was not able to solve some of the complex problems. (now jl777 is working free for the original investors)
 - jumblr is not even an asset, it's just technology
 - crypto777 contains some low level tech, and it's future role is not yet that clear (at least to me)

There are many projects who are still run by third parties, and jl777 has nothing to do with those.

The comment about jl777 not sticking to his projects is far from the truth. The first ICO (SuperNET) is still being developed and this new ICO (Komodo) is related to it. Likewise everything jl777 is coding is related, all the projects complement each other. Like I previously stated, the projects such as InstantDEX and Pangea poker are reference applicatons to the SuperNET technology. SuperNET solves the complex obstacles, and then these projects just use that technology in a specific niche (trading, gambling...).

The thing people don't understand is that SuperNET welcomes everyone to come and start their own project that uses its technology.

◈▣ KOMODO ● Set Your Ideas Free ▣◈
.......AECOSYSTEFONATIVE BLOCKCHAINS.......
Blockchain Generator | Atomic Swaps | Decentralized Exchange | UTXO Contracts | Community-Led | Open Source | Scalable Ecosystem
flyer88

View Profile WWW
October 20, 2016, 08:17:08 AM

Please name all of these ICOs I have supposedly done other than SuperNET and Komodo. Keep in mind Komodo is a part of SuperNET

Whats with your bunch of different NXT Assets? You sold shares of your many "comapnys" or projects to the nxt community to raise money. How do you call that?
KomodoPlatform

Set Your Ideas Free

View Profile WWW
October 20, 2016, 08:18:25 AM

I have been collecting these "on the other hand" posts from this thread. They are very informative and contain the questions people keep asking  Grin

On the one hand, "jl777 never finishes anything"
on the other hand, screen shots from GUI that is open source and anybody can run and verify for themselves.

On the one hand, "jl777 abandons his projects"
on the other hand, there is a migration path for BTCD holders and all the projects tie into SuperNET.

On the one hand, "jl777 will NEVER be able to implement Zcash in Komodo"
on the other hand, jl777's input is being acknowledged in official Zcash protocol documentation.

on the one hand "jl777hodl is a failure"
on the other hand it has 200 siafund worth over 600 BTC

on the one hand "MGW is abandoned"
on the other hand MGW has been in service for years as described above

on the one hand "jl777 starts project after project"
on the other hand jl777 has be focussed on iguana for the last 10 months

If you come up with a new one I can add it to the list

Blockchain Generator | Atomic Swaps | Decentralized Exchange | UTXO Contracts | Community-Led | Open Source | Scalable Ecosystem
jl777 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 20, 2016, 08:21:09 AM

Whats with your bunch of different NXT Assets? You sold shares of your different "comapnys" or Projects to the nxt community to raise money. How do you call that?
Most of the assets are MGW assets or were share drops where they were sent as dividends so did not bring any income.

InstantDEX and NXTcoinsco were private placements and the total amount raised from all the NXT asset sales is less than 5 million NXT.

Considering the number of hours I have worked, I think it comes in at less than $5/hr. I suppose you consider that being greedy

KomodoPlatform

Set Your Ideas Free

View Profile WWW
October 20, 2016, 08:34:10 AM

Whats with your bunch of different NXT Assets? You sold shares of your many "comapnys" or projects to the nxt community to raise money. How do you call that?

Well...
 - coinomat is an asset by coinomat
 - NXTfreemarket is an third party asset with its own team
 - SkyNET is an third party asset with its own team
 - Pangea was an third party asset with its own team
 - NEOdice/omnigames have their own devs, but personally I don't know about their current status
 - Jay had its own dev, and he developed a cold storage solution for NXT (not sure if it is related to SuperNET anymore)

Many of the NXT assets listed in that chart perhaps shouldn't be there, as they might have nothing to do with SuperNET anymore. It was me personally who made that chart and all the previous charts. I included a lot of assets from the NXT asset exchange. If an asset is on that chart, it doesn't mean jl777 is managing it ... or has received money from it ... or that it would be even related to SuperNET anymore.

Anyway, this is completely offtopic from Komodo, and I can't really speak on behalf of these assets. I can comment on the SuperNET, Iguana, and Komodo development and on that front it is going great.

flyer88

View Profile WWW
October 20, 2016, 08:38:41 AM

Okay.. here some more assets you placed. You wrote some Posts in that thread where you didnt protest against that list so its not wrong isnt it.

ALL jl777 Asset Listings

I dont know how much money you raised and where it is now and i do not care. But dont run around and say that you had only made 2 ICO's. Thats not true! The people in NXT community which throw you their money can confirm that..
jl777 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 20, 2016, 08:50:59 AM

Okay.. here some more assets you placed. You wrote some Posts in that thread where you didnt protest against that list so its not wrong isnt it.

ALL jl777 Asset Listings

I dont know how much money you raised and where it is now and i do not care. But dont run around and say that you had only made 2 ICO's. Thats not true! The people in NXT community which throw you their money can confirm that..
Again I repeat that a lot of those assets are either MGW assets or sharedrops or third party assets.

Do you understand what an MGW asset is?
Do you understand what a sharedrop is?

There are a couple of holding funds assets whose purpose is to hold other crypto. These are funds that are held in the asset and cannot be spent.

You say you dont care how much money I raised, but you complain about all the "ICO" I have done. Do you dispute my estimate of 5 million NXT raised from all the NXT assets? If not, then do you have a problem that over two years I generated less than $5/hr? How much do you consider a reasonable amount to have raised?

KomodoPlatform

Set Your Ideas Free

View Profile WWW
October 20, 2016, 08:51:57 AM

ALL jl777 Asset Listings

that list clearly separates the third party assets, which are not managed by jl777.

SuperNET is an open source decentralized project, where multiple people came together to develop their applications, thus there was a lot of assets. When and if you invest in a new asset (a new company) you are funding start-ups... and it is extremely risky and most of them fail. That happened with a few of those assets, but jl777 was not the developer or the money receiver.

I have alredy talked about quite a few assets, but to add to that list there are many holding assets that just hold other assets. They don't have any fancy technology inside them, like pangea or instantdex, for example.

sharkfund0, NXTventure (at its current state), jl777hodl, SuperHODL <- these all just hold other assets and have no function! Nothing to develop there!

flyer88

View Profile WWW
October 20, 2016, 09:33:48 AM

Again I repeat that a lot of those assets are either MGW assets or sharedrops or third party assets.

Yes i understand what a MGW asset is.
There are a couple of holding funds assets whose purpose is to hold other crypto. These are funds that are held in the asset and cannot be spent.
The MGW Assets. I know how the concept is working. These Assets where not my point.
You say you dont care how much money I raised, but you complain about all the "ICO" I have done. Do you dispute my estimate of 5 million NXT raised from all the NXT assets? If not, then do you have a problem that over two years I generated less than $5/hr? How much do you consider a reasonable amount to have raised?
Yes i dont know how much it was and it doesnt care. Most people dont know because your Assets-Construct is absolutely inscrutable. I dont know how much is a reasonable amount but thats not part of the discussion! The point is that you raised Money(5Mio Nxt as you said) different times in the past (doesnt matter how do you call it) and here you say you didnt.

Should everyone get payed for his work? Hell yes! Raise millions if you want in 1000 ICO's. But be honest to the people so everyone can decide for himself if he is willing to take that risk!
jl777 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 20, 2016, 10:06:41 AM

Yes i understand what a MGW asset is.
The MGW Assets. I know how the concept is working. These Assets where not my point.
Yes i dont know how much it was and it doesnt care. Most people dont know because your Assets-Construct is absolutely inscrutable. I dont know how much is a reasonable amount but thats not part of the discussion! The point is that you raised Money(5Mio Nxt as you said) different times in the past (doesnt matter how do you call it) and here you say you didnt.

Should everyone get payed for his work? Hell yes! Raise millions if you want in 1000 ICO's. But be honest to the people so everyone can decide for himself if he is willing to take that risk!
I have not denied that I raised funds from NXT assets, however other than SuperNET they were not done as an ICO and the scale is orders of magnitude smaller.

If you raise funds from private investors, that is funds but it is not an ICO.

Maybe that is your confusion? You seem to be considering any funds raised via any means as an ICO. So if I get a bounty for doing some work, is that an ICO? If I get paid for doing coding, is that an ICO? If I invest in an ICO and make money did I do an ICO?

biggzi

Activity: 543
Merit: 502

View Profile
October 20, 2016, 10:07:44 AM

Wow I really feel like James is taking a lot of stick right now.

IMO Komodo is a natural progression and a great addition to the SuperNET project. James is the most active developer I have ever seen. He is constantly updating this thread with development progress and he gets stuck in with all discussions. Which is A LOT more then I can say for most coin devs.

At the end of the day every ICO is going to have its grey areas... the points which might put you off investing but which you must weigh up yourself. I see people investing 10's of thousands of BTC in projects which have no real track record of delivering a working project in the crypto space.

And I get where people are coming from with the ICO caps especially when you consider the BTCD to be added after the ICO, which will dilute KMD shares even more buts these are the parameters of the ICO, it's been clear from the start and if you don't like it dont invest, wait for KMD to hit the exchanges and then hope the price does drop.... its like educated gambling. Either way I believe James has been very open and honest the whole time and it's his attitude alone which has actually given me faith in this project and lead me to invest.

Keep up the hard work mate there's lots of us out here that appreciate what you are doing.
malmoghetto

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 20, 2016, 10:08:12 AM

Whats with your bunch of different NXT Assets? You sold shares of your different "comapnys" or Projects to the nxt community to raise money. How do you call that?
Most of the assets are MGW assets or were share drops where they were sent as dividends so did not bring any income.

InstantDEX and NXTcoinsco were private placements and the total amount raised from all the NXT asset sales is less than 5 million NXT.

Considering the number of hours I have worked, I think it comes in at less than $5/hr. I suppose you consider that being greedy

$5/hr? You raise thousands of bitcoin from supernet, why can it be possible for  $5/hr??

jl777 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 20, 2016, 10:16:37 AM

$5/hr? You raise thousands of bitcoin from supernet, why can it be possible for  $5/hr??
SuperNET funds for the most part were not spent, it acts as an investments fund. supernet.org/nav.php shows the portfolio. The drop in portfolio value was primarily due to the massive drop in NXT price. In the last year I have almost tripled it from its low via successful investments.

The funds spent on operating expenses have not gone to me, but to the other devs, servers, etc.

All the people that think that I spent all the SuperNET funds on myself are misinformed. Most of the funds are still there and my goal is to grow it to above and beyond the original ICO value.

Komodo is a key part of SuperNET, so even Komodo is part of the original SuperNET plan. All this talk of me abandoning projects is just silly as all I have done for years is work on the various different parts of SuperNET.

flyer88

View Profile WWW
October 20, 2016, 10:17:09 AM

I have not denied that I raised funds from NXT assets, however other than SuperNET they were not done as an ICO and the scale is orders of magnitude smaller.

Maybe that is your confusion? You seem to be considering any funds raised via any means as an ICO. So if I get a bounty for doing some work, is that an ICO? If I get paid for doing coding, is that an ICO? If I invest in an ICO and make money did I do an ICO?
Okay, maybe I made a mistake by equate ICO with raising funds. But isnt that the association most people here have which invest? I think so.

So yes, you did 2 ICO's. But you raised money several times in the past.
jl777 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 20, 2016, 10:18:37 AM

Wow I really feel like James is taking a lot of stick right now.

IMO Komodo is a natural progression and a great addition to the SuperNET project. James is the most active developer I have ever seen. He is constantly updating this thread with development progress and he gets stuck in with all discussions. Which is A LOT more then I can say for most coin devs.

At the end of the day every ICO is going to have its grey areas... the points which might put you off investing but which you must weigh up yourself. I see people investing 10's of thousands of BTC in projects which have no real track record of delivering a working project in the crypto space.

And I get where people are coming from with the ICO caps especially when you consider the BTCD to be added after the ICO, which will dilute KMD shares even more buts these are the parameters of the ICO, it's been clear from the start and if you don't like it dont invest, wait for KMD to hit the exchanges and then hope the price does drop.... its like educated gambling. Either way I believe James has been very open and honest the whole time and it's his attitude alone which has actually given me faith in this project and lead me to invest.

Keep up the hard work mate there's lots of us out here that appreciate what you are doing.
Thank you!

I thought finishing a working dPoW ahead of schedule would have some positive impact, but all it seems to have done is bring out the trolls.

It is good to hear some positive things for a change.

jl777 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 20, 2016, 10:24:18 AM

Okay, maybe I made a mistake by equate ICO with raising funds. But isnt that the association most people here have which invest? I think so.

So yes, you did 2 ICO's. But you raised money several times in the past.
Using that logic, everybody that has a job is raising money every month. I put the NXT assets (other than SuperNET) in the category similar to working at a job. The amount of money raised was comparable to working at a job, so it should be compared to having a job instead of an ICO. So yes, I have worked in crypto for a while and was paid for it. I have never denied this.

But if you want to count my raising thousands of dollars in the same category as multi-million dollar ICO, I guess you can do that if you just ignore the 100x difference and count pennies as dollars.

malmoghetto

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 20, 2016, 10:31:23 AM

SuperNET funds for the most part were not spent, it acts as an investments fund. supernet.org/nav.php shows the portfolio. The drop in portfolio value was primarily due to the massive drop in NXT price. In the last year I have almost tripled it from its low via successful investments.

The funds spent on operating expenses have not gone to me, but to the other devs, servers, etc.

All the people that think that I spent all the SuperNET funds on myself are misinformed. Most of the funds are still there and my goal is to grow it to above and beyond the original ICO value.

Komodo is a key part of SuperNET, so even Komodo is part of the original SuperNET plan. All this talk of me abandoning projects is just silly as all I have done for years is work on the various different parts of SuperNET.

Thanks for your clarifications, now is very clear, yes most of supernet fund are on other assets, and most of them are very profitable. No doubt your project will be more profitable because of iota and stratis huge gains.  Cheesy

Pages: « 1 ... 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 [90] 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 ... 878 »
  Print  

Jump to: