Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2017, 10:20:15 PM *
News: Latest stable version of Bitcoin Core: 0.14.1  [Torrent]. (New!)

Home   Help Search Donate Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 ... 474 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][KMD][dPoW] Komodo - Zcash Zero Knowledge Privacy Secured by Bitcoin  (Read 583423 times)
xxxgoodgirls

Activity: 854

View Profile
September 04, 2016, 11:26:59 PM

Reserved. I bought BTCD 10 days ago, am I eligible to already swap, have I missed a swap opportunity or what?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.
bigs21024

Activity: 294

please help gofund.me/bigs21024 Family in need

View Profile
September 04, 2016, 11:44:04 PM

will be following this

jl777
Legendary

Activity: 1120

View Profile WWW
September 05, 2016, 12:41:17 AM

I know what supernet is, i was one of the first investors,  but thanks for your advertisment.  I just need the BTC address to show other and prove that all BTCs are still untouched.
The BTC and CNY (tokens) that were raised was held by bter who hosted the ICO.
The process to obtain funds from bter was: https://nxtforum.org/unity/supernet-funds-request-authorization-thread-official/

I had a bad feeling about bter and was trying to withdraw the funds, but the above process was cumbersome and very slow. Right when I had a large pending requests waiting for committee approval, bter was hacked and it was all lost. The very process that was supposed to protect the funds was indirectly the cause for losing a large percentage of our liquid assets.

"Luckily" the large majority raised in the ICO was NXT, which the hack didnt steal so while the loss of BTC in bter was large in terms of percentage of BTC, overall capital percentage was much less. What killed the NXT side's value was the double bear market. NXT declined 85% in BTC terms while BTC dropped to $200. This is how the NAV dropped by 80% to .002 BTC and I was forced to start trading to generate BTC for operating expenses. I really should have been trading all along, but even after the hack there was plenty left and the bear market was this slow gradual loss of value, I was like the frog being boiled very slowly. Plus I was coding nonstop.

I was forced to shift to a just in time method, where I would make sure to have enough liquid BTC for the required expenses. I would get the trading gains and send it to noashh at https://blockchain.info/address/15DJTUgBz6mkGDVxAe7fXsR2tszq5Fyt1L and he would deal with all the day to day expenses.

I have been able to make enough profits from predictable market mispricings. It seems my understanding of the tech and trading experience combines so I am able to have a decent success rate. In some cases I also sell off some of an existing position, but other than NXT, SuperNET's positions in its portfolio coins has been generally growing. The portfolio has diversified away from NXT.

The bter hack and the bear market has forced us to be very, very frugal and our burn rate has been reduced about 10 BTC/mo to 20 BTC/mo. I guess most people dont realize the hardships SuperNET has gone through on the money side of things. At any given time there is typically around (6 months ahead) 100BTC as I need to be making trades to gain BTC and that is hard to do if you are holding BTC.

I hope the above has clarified the SuperNET BTC situation, it has been explained before but I guess not all the gory details. noashh can answer any questions about the day to day expenses. For all those that were saying I would just run off with the money, I believe I have proven that I am a responsible money manager.

I have been using my skills as a crypto trader to restore the NAV closer to ICO levels while covering the operating expenses and keeping the community updated via slack. All that, while coding the iguanacore 12 hours per day. Which is a full bitcoin implementation written in C from scratch. I only code in C, I dont do GUI. However, unlike some projects, SuperNET seems to need a GUI or the API at http://docs.supernet.org doesnt count for anything.

So we are making the GUI and installers

http://www.digitalcatallaxy.com/report2015.html
100+ page annual report for SuperNET
jl777
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 05, 2016, 12:42:06 AM

Reserved. I bought BTCD 10 days ago, am I eligible to already swap, have I missed a swap opportunity or what?
swap starts right after ICO closes and is available for a year. Just make sure to have the BTCD local so you get credit in the revshare asset snapshot

kennyP

Activity: 515

View Profile
September 05, 2016, 01:24:50 AM

NXTventure is another one that has been finished for over a year. It has paid out in dividends more than I think any other NXT asset by value of dividends at the time it was sent out. Again, the future of NXTventure is hampered by all the changes with NXT that is out of my control, however I would consider NXTventure was completed.

What do you mean by 'finished' James? Will there be more dividends paid to NXTventure (is it still worth anything), or is it dead? What do you mean by "completed"? People still trading it ...

I am working on a transition plan for NXTventure. It has value as it has holdings.

By "completed"/"finished" I mean it was working as it was intended to, it wasnt incomplete

Thanks for that answer James! Might there be more asset dividends for NXTventure from new projects, or an allocation of KMD for NXTventure?

jl777
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 05, 2016, 01:33:37 AM

NXTventure is another one that has been finished for over a year. It has paid out in dividends more than I think any other NXT asset by value of dividends at the time it was sent out. Again, the future of NXTventure is hampered by all the changes with NXT that is out of my control, however I would consider NXTventure was completed.

What do you mean by 'finished' James? Will there be more dividends paid to NXTventure (is it still worth anything), or is it dead? What do you mean by "completed"? People still trading it ...

I am working on a transition plan for NXTventure. It has value as it has holdings.

By "completed"/"finished" I mean it was working as it was intended to, it wasnt incomplete

Thanks for that answer James! Might there be more asset dividends for NXTventure from new projects, or an allocation of KMD for NXTventure?
The thinking is the latter, but only up to a small percentage of amount raised. so if a large amount comes in, then it wont be a big deal due to the relative small value of NXTventure.

If not enough comes in, then at least there could be a liquidation distribution of its contents, or maybe it can stay on the shelf and be resurrected if we get the resources to manage it.

kennyP

Activity: 515

View Profile
September 05, 2016, 02:53:47 AM

The thinking is the latter, but only up to a small percentage of amount raised. so if a large amount comes in, then it wont be a big deal due to the relative small value of NXTventure.

If not enough comes in, then at least there could be a liquidation distribution of its contents, or maybe it can stay on the shelf and be resurrected if we get the resources to manage it.

Thanks!

xxxgoodgirls

Activity: 854

View Profile
September 05, 2016, 08:25:09 AM

swap starts right after ICO closes and is available for a year. Just make sure to have the BTCD local so you get credit in the revshare asset snapshot

I cannot find a btcd local client, can you please provide me a link? Thank you.
PondSea
Legendary

Activity: 1218

View Profile
September 05, 2016, 09:55:13 AM

I cannot find a btcd local client, can you please provide me a link? Thank you.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=684090.0

Here you go.

yassin54
Legendary

Activity: 1176

View Profile
September 05, 2016, 10:54:05 AM

Press Release: Komodo - The New Standard for Secure and Anonymous Transactions

PROTECTING YOUR PRIVACY 
  WITH BITCOIN'S HASHRATE

POWERS SuperNET 
  TECHNOLOGY
░░░░░░░░░▀▀▀█████████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████████
░░░░▄███████▄░░░░████████
░░░░███████████░░░░██████
░░░▀███████████░░░░████░░
███▄░░░░░░░░░░▀████░░░███░░██
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████░░░██░░██
█████████████▄░░████░░░░░
░░█████████████░░█████
░░░░█████████▀░░░██████▌
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀░░░░▄████████▌
░░░░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄███████
SuperNET.org
ICOcount

Activity: 3

View Profile
September 05, 2016, 12:56:18 PM

Hi all,

btc12.com is a Chinese blog exclusive of ICO hunting.

here is the simplest review of KOMODO ICO.

have special thanks to the one who pasted a wonderful picture here.

enjoy.

http://btc12.com/komodo-allaboutjl777/
RichardT

Activity: 364

View Profile
September 05, 2016, 01:29:33 PM

Here's a thought:

If Iguana is so close to being finished for the first release and its development is independent of this new ICO, why not just finish it, then do the ICO?  Perhaps this would build more trust and more people (especially long time BTCD supporters) would support the ICO.  Iguana seems to be the one thing that development has been focused on for a good part of the year and many have been anticipating its release.  So to all of a sudden announce a new tech that is still being developed and will require yet even more extensive testing/debugging, is pretty ridiculous.  I understand this new tech is promising and could change everything, but it could wait.

The most terrible thing about multitasking is that it tends to leave a lot of tasks unfinished.  Focus on one thing at a time and get it done right.  Why is that so hard?
dadingsda
Legendary

Activity: 1036

View Profile
September 05, 2016, 01:30:39 PM

News about (translation) bounties?

airsekui

Activity: 10

View Profile
September 05, 2016, 01:36:26 PM

Here's a thought:

If Iguana is so close to being finished for the first release and its development is independent of this new ICO, why not just finish it, then do the ICO?  Perhaps this would build more trust and more people (especially long time BTCD supporters) would support the ICO.  Iguana seems to be the one thing that development has been focused on for a good part of the year and many have been anticipating its release.  So to all of a sudden announce a new tech that is still being developed and will require yet even more extensive testing/debugging, is pretty ridiculous.  I understand this new tech is promising and could change everything, but it could wait.

The most terrible thing about multitasking is that it tends to leave a lot of tasks unfinished.  Focus on one thing at a time and get it done right.  Why is that so hard?

They cant finish it...if you go to the Slack Supernet BTCD channel and read the state of affairs...jl does not know how to manage this or any project. maybe he can code but the project is a mess...multiple people getting paid to do the same task...gui, no coordination, no launch plan...it's a mess and really a sign of what's to come for Komodo...sad state of affairs actually. JL does not know how to use git! How can he manage komodo development with more than himself if he can't use git! Komodo will never launch.
myonlyacciswear

Activity: 1

View Profile
September 05, 2016, 01:42:21 PM

Hi all,

btc12.com is a Chinese blog exclusive of ICO hunting.

here is the simplest review of KOMODO ICO.

have special thanks to the one who pasted a wonderful picture here.

enjoy.

http://btc12.com/komodo-allaboutjl777/

Careful, btc12.com seems to be ran by a very weird person.

http://i.imgur.com/B9SC3oV.png
flyer88

Activity: 317

View Profile
September 05, 2016, 01:47:23 PM

So for BTCD-Holders that ICO means, that their stack will be diluted because  the project needs new money for development, right? Why you didnt go the nxt-way without any ICO? Seems fairer to me to the people which still hold BTCD.

And if BTCD is a core segment of supernet, why will no funds of the supernet ico used for BTCD development?

Edit:
[..]
jl777 you don't really need 30k upfront, it's ridiculous. Just ask the money that you really need and explain where you spend it.
Yeah. A listing of the spent money of most projects here would be really interesting...
durerus

Activity: 305

View Profile WWW
September 05, 2016, 02:17:05 PM

Interesting project. Watching!
Thenoticer

Activity: 311

View Profile
September 05, 2016, 02:26:54 PM

It seems many have failed to grasp the idea of dpow. From my reading skills, which many of you have none, dpow idea requires monies to be paid to keep it secure. ie: pay for the bitcoin transactions.

This ico makes for some interesting gambling. Jl777 said iguana will be released b4 the end of the ico, as well as the testnet for komodo. That is the bet. There is more risk at the beginning then the end. Remember several ico's, eth, wave, etc had zero tech before the Ico. Jl777 is promising tech before the end of ico. Infact you can play with iguana now. Maybe there isn't a gui but then didnt monero have zero gui forever.

Speaking of monero and it's pump. I think it's highly likely the fud is coming from their camp as they feel threatened about the upcoming release of zcash and zcash tech and have resorted to pump and fud as the strategy for their project.

What is crazy to me is everyone on this board should be on the same team. Our ecosphere needs things like what jl777 is creating. The fudders bitch and moan like jl777 ran over their mothers. Jeesh get a life.
RichardT

Activity: 364

View Profile
September 05, 2016, 02:50:59 PM

It seems many have failed to grasp the idea of dpow. From my reading skills, which many of you have none, dpow idea requires monies to be paid to keep it secure. ie: pay for the bitcoin transactions.

This ico makes for some interesting gambling. Jl777 said iguana will be released b4 the end of the ico, as well as the testnet for komodo. That is the bet. There is more risk at the beginning then the end. Remember several ico's, eth, wave, etc had zero tech before the Ico. Jl777 is promising tech before the end of ico. Infact you can play with iguana now. Maybe there isn't a gui but then didnt monero have zero gui forever.

Speaking of monero and it's pump. I think it's highly likely the fud is coming from their camp as they feel threatened about the upcoming release of zcash and zcash tech and have resorted to pump and fud as the strategy for their project.

What is crazy to me is everyone on this board should be on the same team. Our ecosphere needs things like what jl777 is creating. The fudders bitch and moan like jl777 ran over their mothers. Jeesh get a life.

You do realize that a lot of the real opposition is actually from BTCD supporters right?  This ICO actually affects us the most, not other coins/projects.

I didn't see mention that iguana will be released before end of ICO anywhere, so I must have missed it or it was buried somewhere in here or in slack.  If this could be made more prominent then it would change some things.  Preferably, iguana should be released even before the ICO starts.

Of course, there is this whole other issue of the ICO controlling BTCD market prices for the next months to come and ultimately diluting current BTCD holdings.  But I won't go into that right now.
Thenoticer

Activity: 311

View Profile
September 05, 2016, 03:19:35 PM

I claim that iguanacore is working and it will be released with GUI before ICO funding starts. If you dont believe that I can complete tech projects dont put any funds in until the iguana is released. Or wait until testnet is live. Or wait until mainnet is live and buy from exchanges. The decision is entirely yours.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 ... 474 »
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.