Bitcoin Forum
March 19, 2024, 10:24:56 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 ... 878 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][KMD][dPoW] Komodo - An Open, Composable Smart Chain Platform, Secured by B  (Read 1191645 times)
Breasal

Activity: 585
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 10, 2016, 06:07:09 AM

So I still have not gotten a clear answer on this:

What is proposed to happen to the BTCD that has been swapped for Komodo?

Nothing will happen to it.

Currently BTCD is used by Iguana, so the network will continue running to make sure nothing breaks. However, over time everything will be moving to Komodo blockchain, and at the end BTCD will have no role left in the SuperNET ecosystem. Komodo is the new BTCD, it just got an upgrade to the privacy technology and a new consensus method dPoW.

Does this answer to your question? Smiley

No you didn't really answer the question I was asking at all. The issue here is that the BTCD chain will continue...for at least another year and several months. So some people will swap and others wont...staking will continue and those swapped coins will most likely be a huge pot of coins.....BTCD are still transferable, tradable, stakeable, and of value, possibly to pump and dumper whales, during the transfer period...which is full year and really a lifetime in crypto. So when I ask what will happen to the swapped coins, I am asking who will manage the coins and what exactly will be done with the account holding these coins...will they be sent to genesis, burned, or what? Not simply, oh, they will eventually fade away.

There was some discussion about potentially air dropped to kmd holders after a year but that hasnt really been decided yet. Also people that leave it toll 1 year to swap will lose 5% as they would have staked that amount.

Thanks for attempting to answer PondSea but there is still clarification. This should be decided asap and before the ICO begins IMO.
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
dadingsda
Legendary

Activity: 1310
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 10, 2016, 09:11:21 AM

News about (translation) bounties?

Not yet Smiley

And now?  Grin

ps: Or pm me for german translation

INVALID BBCODE: close of unopened tag in table (1)
PondSea
Legendary

Activity: 1428

View Profile
September 10, 2016, 09:50:51 AM

Will BTCD be all converted into this one? Or will they coexist? What's the point of switching to Komodo if BTCD has so much more potential?
Komodo is BTCD 2.0 why you will be able to swap your BTCD at a bonus. Komodo includes all of BTCD's potential and more.
Because I have never heard of Komodo being in the center of Supernet, Iguana and other connected projects ...

All projects that were going to use BTCD in their tech, will now use Komodo. As Komodo is BTCD 2.0.

There better be a far greater argument than that, cause no one is exactly banging down the door to use BTCD. So far the most compelling reason to support Komodo is that Icebreaker hates it. Smiley

Grin

Well that is a valid reason, but then again he hates anything that he isnt a bag holder in so.....

I like to think he's an investor or was at some point.  From a time is money standpoint, it's not logical for someone to spend hours reading and making posts over the years about a project if they are not invested.

Having some trolls is good for every ico thread, in my opinion.  He bumps the thread and sparks banter/discussion.

This last response shows exactly why you moon children have it all wrong.

I investigate altcoins as part of the same long term interest in computer science and particularly liberation technology which led me to Bitcoin.

Bitcoin is barely ready to accommodate "an investor."  The Winklevoss ETF process is a barometer of that immaturity.

No altcoin is ready for anything beyond the wildest, wooliest-eyed get-rich-quick speculation.

You're here for the pump and dump, and don't care about the tech even if you understood it.

I'm here primarily for intellectual pursuits; intramurals such as trolling scams like BTCD and KoMoDo are just a nice diversion.

Case in point: you guys are having waaay more fun ganging up on me than discussing the (shared) point that "no one is exactly banging down the door to use BTCD."

You really think you are "investing" in BTCD and its convoluted consequent exit scam?  You millennials are so cute sometimes!   Kiss

When you assume you look like an ass.

The majority of the investors that have held the coin for the last 2 years have been investing for the tech and I was one of them. I would also not be telling others about waiting for a pump and dump when you favorite coin has gone 10x on what? If you need someone to talk to when the DUMP happens, we are always here for you.

You are not here for intellectual pursuits, if you were, you would take off them Monero shades and actually evaluate the only thing that matters in this crypto world, the code. But you are here to spread FUD and just show how unintelligent you are.

░░░░░░░░░▀▀▀█████████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████████
░░░░▄███████▄░░░░████████
░░░░███████████░░░░██████
░░░▀███████████░░░░████░░
███▄░░░░░░░░░░▀████░░░███░░██
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████░░░██░░██
█████████████▄░░████░░░░░
░░█████████████░░█████
░░░░█████████▀░░░██████▌
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀░░░░▄████████▌
░░░░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄███████
SuperNET.org
..BarterDEX..
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
DECENTRALIZED CRYPTOCURRENCY EXCHANGE
Developed to Unite Coin Communities | ✔ SECURE ✔ FREE ✔ VISIBILITY ✔ EASY INTEGRATION |

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

PondSea
Legendary

View Profile
September 10, 2016, 09:56:18 AM

So I still have not gotten a clear answer on this:

What is proposed to happen to the BTCD that has been swapped for Komodo?

Nothing will happen to it.

Currently BTCD is used by Iguana, so the network will continue running to make sure nothing breaks. However, over time everything will be moving to Komodo blockchain, and at the end BTCD will have no role left in the SuperNET ecosystem. Komodo is the new BTCD, it just got an upgrade to the privacy technology and a new consensus method dPoW.

Does this answer to your question? Smiley

No you didn't really answer the question I was asking at all. The issue here is that the BTCD chain will continue...for at least another year and several months. So some people will swap and others wont...staking will continue and those swapped coins will most likely be a huge pot of coins.....BTCD are still transferable, tradable, stakeable, and of value, possibly to pump and dumper whales, during the transfer period...which is full year and really a lifetime in crypto. So when I ask what will happen to the swapped coins, I am asking who will manage the coins and what exactly will be done with the account holding these coins...will they be sent to genesis, burned, or what? Not simply, oh, they will eventually fade away.

There was some discussion about potentially air dropped to kmd holders after a year but that hasnt really been decided yet. Also people that leave it toll 1 year to swap will lose 5% as they would have staked that amount.

Thanks for attempting to answer PondSea but there is still clarification. This should be decided asap and before the ICO begins IMO.

I dont understand why is this important to know before ICO begins? In a perfect world everyone will swap across asap so the BTCD 1.0 chain will be valueless.

░░░░░░░░░▀▀▀█████████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████████
░░█████████████░░█████
░░░░█████████▀░░░██████▌
░░░░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄███████
SuperNET.org
..BarterDEX..
Developed to Unite Coin Communities | ✔ SECURE ✔ FREE ✔ VISIBILITY ✔ EASY INTEGRATION |

Jabbawa

Activity: 179
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 10, 2016, 10:44:43 AM

I find all of this very interesting and the tech is promising.

However, I was not involved in and know nothing about SUPERnet or BTCD, so much of this thread is quite confusing for me.

I am finding it hard to make sense of the different angles here and to understand what I should do to maximise my value if I want to invest a decent amount of BTC into this.

Should I be buying BTCDs now to hold and exchange? how/where should I hold them? What's this business about dividends and getting some free stake in SUPERnet?

Really, if you want people like me to invest a lot of btc then you need to make it very clear for us exactly what we need to do now to get the max value from our investment.

If we get to the ICO and I find out that I could have got a few advantages by doing things differently (buying BTCD now etc) then it will put me off investing at all as I will feel I missed the real opportunity on offer - and many like me will feel the same.

I hope you'll make it very clear for those who have no knowledge of BTCD or SUPERnet exactly what they need to do now. If you want to attract 10's of thousands of btc then you will need to attract a lot of fresher blood than just your usual crowd. I applaud you not giving preferential treatment to BTCD holders. You are right, I would not invest a single btc if preference had been given. But don't forget, I also won't invest if I feel that I missed the boat on anything, and I know nothing about any of the other projects or income possibilities that are mentioned in this thread, they are not explained properly, so it leaves newcomers feeling very confused.

Please produce an idiot-proof guide for new btc investors with no previous knowledge of your other projects.

What should I be doing now if I want to get involved and get the most bang for my buck?

Thanks, good work, the scope and implications for the project are indeed fascinating.
jl777 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1109

View Profile WWW
September 10, 2016, 11:02:19 AM

However, I was not involved in and know nothing about SUPERnet or BTCD, so much of this thread is quite confusing for me.

I am finding it hard to make sense of the different angles here and to understand what I should do to maximise my value if I want to invest a decent amount of BTC into this.

Should I be buying BTCDs now to hold and exchange? how/where should I hold them? What's this business about dividends and getting some free stake in SUPERnet?

Really, if you want people like me to invest a lot of btc then you need to make it very clear for us exactly what we need to do now to get the max value from our investment.

If we get to the ICO and I find out that I could have got a few advantages by doing things differently (buying BTCD now etc) then it will put me off investing at all as I will feel I missed the real opportunity on offer - and many like me will feel the same.

I hope you'll make it very clear for those who have no knowledge of BTCD or SUPERnet exactly what they need to do now. If you want to attract 10's of thousands of btc then you will need to attract a lot of fresher blood than just your usual crowd. I applaud you not giving preferential treatment to BTCD holders. You are right, I would not invest a single btc if preference had been given. But don't forget, I also won't invest if I feel that I missed the boat on anything, and I know nothing about any of the other projects or income possibilities that are mentioned in this thread, they are not explained properly, so it leaves newcomers feeling very confused.

Please produce an idiot-proof guide for new btc investors with no previous knowledge of your other projects.

What should I be doing now if I want to get involved and get the most bang for my buck?

Thanks, good work, the scope and implications for the project are indeed fascinating.
If you are able to get BTCD at below the implied price, then that would be the most cost effective way. However, BTCD doesnt have a lot of inventory for sale, as there only seems to be ~50BTC available at or below the implied price + bonus

The first day 25% bonus for BTC investors wont have any liquidity issues and will get the best BTC based price without any complications.

Of course, any BTCD you can pick up below .00425 will be better by the ave early bird bonus for the ICO. Likely ~10%. But the lack of liquidity will make it hard to get any very large amounts. In a sense BTCD is an ICO token with a very early bird bonus

http://www.digitalcatallaxy.com/report2015.html
100+ page annual report for SuperNET
KomodoPlatform

Activity: 784
Merit: 253

Set Your Ideas Free

View Profile WWW
September 10, 2016, 11:52:16 AM

Hello!

You are bringing up an important point. Our previous Q&A post was primarily directed towards the BTCD community. We should definitely make another Q&A for the BTC investors as well.

Also we have a whitepaper coming, and we will be making more articles describing what we are up to!

If you are looking for some general information regarding SuperNET we had a report made about it: SuperNET & Nxt Annual Report 2015 Some of the info is already outdated though, as there were a split between Nxt and SuperNET, then Ardor,  and now BTCD's roadmap had an upgrade to Komodo. It also talks about a lot of things not directly related to SuperNET. It should give a good general overview nonetheless.

We also recommend you to join our Slack, we have dedicated channels for each project.

◈▣ KOMODO ● Set Your Ideas Free ▣◈
.......AECOSYSTEFONATIVE BLOCKCHAINS.......
Blockchain Generator | Atomic Swaps | Decentralized Exchange | UTXO Contracts | Community-Led | Open Source | Scalable Ecosystem
Jabbawa

View Profile
September 10, 2016, 11:55:05 AM

If you are able to get BTCD at below the implied price, then that would be the most cost effective way. However, BTCD doesnt have a lot of inventory for sale, as there only seems to be ~50BTC available at or below the implied price + bonus

The first day 25% bonus for BTC investors wont have any liquidity issues and will get the best BTC based price without any complications.

Of course, any BTCD you can pick up below .00425 will be better by the ave early bird bonus for the ICO. Likely ~10%. But the lack of liquidity will make it hard to get any very large amounts. In a sense BTCD is an ICO token with a very early bird bonus

Thanks James, that does clear it up a bit. Was there something about revenue sharing supernet or some such as well? I may have misunderstand, I was skimming because the thread is already too long to catch up really (busy busy).

Ordinarily I like to get in at the bottom of things. Seeing that buying BTCD at any time previously this year could have got you in at half to a third of the ICO price makes me a little uneasy. This makes a huge difference to ROI at the end of a pretty risky, long hold and it puts profitable sellers between you and your profitable positions.

I do like the tech and I think it has great potential. I will likely invest something, although probably not as much as I first thought I might. If this ICO also raises a lot then any serious returns will be a long, long way away and there are a lot of other speculative opportunities that are likely to yield bigger returns more quickly imo.

It's a shame this project is having to make compromises to its history and evolution. If this were an independent ICO with no previously cheaper prices or history then I would likely throw a lot more money at it.

Just throwing in my 2 cents here btw. I'm very impressed with it all and not meaning to sound negative (although I am a miserable git generally Wink). I understand why you have had to make the choices you have made. They all seem quite sensible. I'm just sharing my thoughts because it might be helpful to paint a picture later on of what some people thought: if the ICO doesn't get quite as big as you had hoped.

I'm not sure there's much you could do differently so it's not a criticism, I'm just letting you know why some folks like me might stick in less than you'd think, even though it is undoubtedly a promising proposition.

Good stuff though, I will participate for sure.
Jabbawa

View Profile
September 10, 2016, 11:58:17 AM

Hello!

You are bringing up an important point. Our previous Q&A post was primarily directed towards the BTCD community. We should definitely make another Q&A for the BTC investors as well.

Also we have a whitepaper coming, and we will be making more articles describing what we are up to!

If you are looking for some general information regarding SuperNET we had a report made about it: SuperNET & Nxt Annual Report 2015 Some of the info is already outdated though, as there were a split between Nxt and SuperNET, then Ardor,  and now BTCD's roadmap had an upgrade to Komodo. It also talks about a lot of things not directly related to SuperNET. It should give a good general overview nonetheless.

We also recommend you to join our Slack, we have dedicated channels for each project.

Thanks I will read up about supernet when i get the time (had heard about it in iota slack previously, but really know very little about it). Links are appreciated, as is the helpful attitude. /thumbs up
Jabbawa

View Profile
September 10, 2016, 12:05:12 PM

And on reflection, it must have been hard for you to swallow David's criticisms and personal jabs about fruitless development a few months back, knowing you were sitting on this, but unable to tell anyone yet.  Cheesy

He did not handle that very professionally imo.

The more I read in the white paper the more I like (of what I can get my head around anyway Wink).

Very cool stuff!

numismatist
Legendary

Activity: 1245
Merit: 1004

View Profile
September 10, 2016, 12:26:22 PM

I know jl777 is a famous developer. But can someone summarize how many ICOs he launched and how many he delivered? I read somewhere that he likes to abandon projects.
I think a better way to put it is that JL takes on too many projects and 95% of the projects that he announces get indefinitely postponed or cancelled because another ground-breaking idea pops in his head. I think its a bit of ADD. edit - nothing personal intended only observational claim here Undecided

The common best practise of a genius mind. And we are here for the precius black swan which might pop up sometime, right?
Not to mock about the laboratory chaos during built times. Don't disturb the artist.

Looking forward to BTCD 2.0 happy about my old bag gaining value again, and some future evolution forecasts.

iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1070

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
September 10, 2016, 01:11:17 PM

I investigate altcoins as part of the same long term interest in computer science and particularly liberation technology which led me to Bitcoin.

Bitcoin is barely ready to accommodate "an investor."  The Winklevoss ETF process is a barometer of that immaturity.

No altcoin is ready for anything beyond the wildest, wooliest-eyed get-rich-quick speculation.

You're here for the pump and dump, and don't care about the tech even if you understood it.

I'm here primarily for intellectual pursuits; intramurals such as trolling scams like BTCD and KoMoDo are just a nice diversion.

Case in point: you guys are having waaay more fun ganging up on me than discussing the (shared) point that "no one is exactly banging down the door to use BTCD."

You really think you are "investing" in BTCD and its convoluted consequent exit scam?  You millennials are so cute sometimes!   Kiss

Oh wow, never heard that one before.  Such original wit!  Did your sophomore English teacher introduce you that devastating zinger?

A year ago, I assumed BTCD would be abandoned like ICOscam777's dozens of other unregistered investment schemes.

That assumption was correct.

You are salty AF because your bags of "Bitcoin" Dark are going to be diluted to homeopathic levels....   Grin

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
AltcoinScamfinder

Activity: 840
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 10, 2016, 02:52:14 PM
Last edit: September 10, 2016, 06:16:50 PM by AltcoinScamfinder

Will BTCD be all converted into this one? Or will they coexist? What's the point of switching to Komodo if BTCD has so much more potential?
Komodo is BTCD 2.0 why you will be able to swap your BTCD at a bonus. Komodo includes all of BTCD's potential and more.
Because I have never heard of Komodo being in the center of Supernet, Iguana and other connected projects ...

All projects that were going to use BTCD in their tech, will now use Komodo. As Komodo is BTCD 2.0.

There better be a far greater argument than that, cause no one is exactly banging down the door to use BTCD. So far the most compelling reason to support Komodo is that Icebreaker hates it. Smiley

Grin

Well that is a valid reason, but then again he hates anything that he isnt a bag holder in so.....

I like to think he's an investor or was at some point.  From a time is money standpoint, it's not logical for someone to spend hours reading and making posts over the years about a project if they are not invested.

Having some trolls is good for every ico thread, in my opinion.  He bumps the thread and sparks banter/discussion.

Bitcoin is barely ready to accommodate "an investor."  The Winklevoss ETF process is a barometer of that immaturity.

You really think you are "investing" in BTCD and its convoluted consequent exit scam?  You millennials are so cute sometimes!   Kiss

"You millennials are so cute sometimes!" One word: HASHFAST. How did you manage to get your scammer reputation fixed? Seem to remember you being red as a lobster after your shilling for a scam.

FOR RENT.
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1070

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
September 10, 2016, 11:13:05 PM

Bitcoin is barely ready to accommodate "an investor."  The Winklevoss ETF process is a barometer of that immaturity.

You really think you are "investing" in BTCD and its convoluted consequent exit scam?  You millennials are so cute sometimes!   Kiss

"You millennials are so cute sometimes!" One word: HASHFAST. How did you manage to get your scammer reputation fixed? Seem to remember you being red as a lobster after your shilling for a scam.

I fixed my damaged reputation by being prescient and absolutely correct about many other things, such "XT/Classic will get rekt," "Monero will go to the moon," and the soon to be famous 2015 prediction that "BTCD would be abandoned like ICOscam777's dozens of other unregistered investment schemes."   Grin

I know millennials are incapable of paying attention to anything for more than 30 seconds, but please avail yourself of the latest (IE this year's) developments, rather than relying on ancient rumors and groupthink.

tl;dr Hashfast successfully made the world's fastest mining ASIC and the scam accusations from 2014 went nowhere in both of the court cases where they would be supremely relevant.

But by all means, keep using old debunked urban legends about a bankrupt tech start-up as a cudgel with which to bash me for all eternity.

Your risk-averse, terrified of failure attitude is a perfect example of Generation Snowflake's asinine "we are all winners" gestalt.

Many American and Russian astronauts died screaming in horrible fiery deaths during failed attempts to escape earth's gravity well, but according to your logic they should have just stayed safe at home rather than trying something new and wildly audacious for the sake of advancing mankind.

Best efforts do not entitle anyone to success.  There is honor in making a brave attempt and no shame in failure if it's unavoidable.  That's what you gormless Ritalin junkies don't get, and why you are so fucking worthless.

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
PondSea
Legendary

View Profile
September 10, 2016, 11:40:04 PM

Oh wow, never heard that one before.  Such original wit!  Did your sophomore English teacher introduce you that devastating zinger?

A year ago, I assumed BTCD would be abandoned like ICOscam777's dozens of other unregistered investment schemes.

You are salty AF because your bags of "Bitcoin" Dark are going to be diluted to homeopathic levels....   Grin

You forgot to quote the other bits.

Grin

The majority of the investors that have held the coin for the last 2 years have been investing for the tech and I was one of them. I would also not be telling others about waiting for a pump and dump when you favorite coin has gone 10x on what? If you need someone to talk to when the DUMP happens, we are always here for you.

You are not here for intellectual pursuits, if you were, you would take off them Monero shades and actually evaluate the only thing that matters in this crypto world, the code. But you are here to spread FUD and just show how unintelligent you are.

That is where you are wrong. I am all for it because i know this is the best move going forward and because to be able to realise the dPoW vision it is needed.

Come back to me when Monero gets obsoleted and we will see who is salty AF Smiley

░░░░░░░░░▀▀▀█████████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████████
░░█████████████░░█████
░░░░█████████▀░░░██████▌
░░░░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄███████
SuperNET.org
..BarterDEX..

PondSea
Legendary

View Profile
September 10, 2016, 11:46:39 PM

Oh wow, never heard that one before.  Such original wit!  Did your sophomore English teacher introduce you that devastating zinger?

You are salty AF because your bags of "Bitcoin" Dark are going to be diluted to homeopathic levels....   Grin

I love how you selectively quote me.

You ASSUMED that we were here for the pump and dump, which i pointed out was not correct. So you move to another angle and proclaim your assumption to be correct.

I just dont understand the logic here? What is your motivation? Go troll one coin?

░░░░░░░░░▀▀▀█████████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████████
░░█████████████░░█████
░░░░█████████▀░░░██████▌
░░░░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄███████
SuperNET.org
..BarterDEX..

barbierir

Activity: 515
Merit: 502

View Profile WWW
September 11, 2016, 09:38:47 AM

I have a new question about the 5% inflation of Komodo: do only the notary nodes earn this staking revenue? Or anyone that participate in the network? Though the latters don't help confirming blocks.

◈▣ KOMODO ● Set Your Ideas Free ▣◈
.......AN ECOSYSTEM FOR NATIVE BLOCKCHAINS.......
Blockchain Generator | Decentralized Crowdfunding | Decentralized Exchange | Bitcoin Security | Zero-Knowledge Proofs | Blockchain Interoperability | Scalable Infrastructure
PondSea
Legendary

View Profile
September 11, 2016, 09:44:02 AM

I have a new question about the 5% inflation of Komodo: do only the notary nodes earn this staking revenue? Or anyone that participate in the network? Though the latters don't help confirming blocks.

Everyone that holds KMD, will automatically get staked.

░░░░░░░░░▀▀▀█████████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████████
░░█████████████░░█████
░░░░█████████▀░░░██████▌
░░░░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄███████
SuperNET.org
..BarterDEX..

jl777 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1109

View Profile WWW
September 11, 2016, 09:55:14 AM

Great!  Grin
keep in mind the protected funds (zero knowledge) wont be able to be staked as there is no way to know the balances for those funds.

I am working on a way where people can stake as normal so they can make sure they will earn staking under their control, or they can just let the notary nodes stake for them. Keep in mind, if your total balance is low then it could be that you wont get many blocks at all, regardless if your node is staking directly or you let notaries do it.

The advantage to this dual nature is that even in the unlikely event that something happens to all the notary nodes, the network will still be able to generate blocks. That way we get a fully decentralized node by node staking, with the elected notary nodes staking as an overlay. Not sure I can get both to play nice with each other yet, but so far it is looking promising

There are three types of gains:
3 KMD blockreward
staking 5% APR
txfees

the staking rewards goes to the address with the winning balance. The blockrewards are reserved for the notary nodes. I am leaning toward the node that stakes getting the txfees, so that would be a slight incentive to directly stake.

http://www.digitalcatallaxy.com/report2015.html
100+ page annual report for SuperNET
PondSea
Legendary

View Profile
September 11, 2016, 09:59:45 AM

Great!  Grin
keep in mind the protected funds (zero knowledge) wont be able to be staked as there is no way to know the balances for those funds.

I am working on a way where people can stake as normal so they can make sure they will earn staking under their control, or they can just let the notary nodes stake for them. Keep in mind, if your total balance is low then it could be that you wont get many blocks at all, regardless if your node is staking directly or you let notaries do it.

The advantage to this dual nature is that even in the unlikely event that something happens to all the notary nodes, the network will still be able to generate blocks. That way we get a fully decentralized node by node staking, with the elected notary nodes staking as an overlay. Not sure I can get both to play nice with each other yet, but so far it is looking promising

James do you need to move funds into and out of a protected funds wallet/address? Is that how it will work?

░░░░░░░░░▀▀▀█████████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████████
░░█████████████░░█████
░░░░█████████▀░░░██████▌
░░░░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄███████
SuperNET.org
..BarterDEX..

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 ... 878 »
  Print  

Jump to: