Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 11:37:21 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 ... 878 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][KMD][dPoW] Komodo - An Open, Composable Smart Chain Platform, Secured by B  (Read 1191683 times)
l8orre
Legendary

Activity: 1181
Merit: 1018

View Profile
September 02, 2016, 02:05:29 PM

The reason for all this is pretty simple the project needs to raise funds so James and his team can create the tech for all this and finance the dPoW algorithm. This is only possible with the freshly raise BTC.

But this dilutes the f*#k out of BTCD holders. Now we swap from a pool of 1.2 M total BTCD to 200 M Komodo....how is this good? BTCD holders need to have the same percent of komodo as they held BTCD...nothing less or we get f*#ked.

we are not really getting diluted, because the value of BTCD swapped for KMD increases proportionally with the dilution.

so if you end up with 1/5 of something that has 5* the value. as jl777 succinctly put it on slack: it is like exchanging ONE 5$ bill for FIVE 1$ bills.
or with 1/2 of something that has 2* the value.

and the revshare asset more than compensates for 10 weeks suspended price action.
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
jl777 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1132

View Profile WWW
September 02, 2016, 02:07:24 PM

Just another, now like Crypti/Lisk, ico from James Roll Eyes
Give me money and i'l code you something. Grin
BTW, who will pay all this transaction fees in Bitcoin and what happen when Komodo fees will not be enough to pay them? Huh

testnet will be up during ICO, so you can wait to see it work before putting in any money.

the BTC is being raised to pay the bitcoin fees. If 500 BTC is raised that is enough to pay for many years of bitcoin fees, especially if the number of notary nodes is reduced.

In the unlikely event all the BTC is used up, then it obviously wont get the added security from bitcoin, but it will still keep going using its primary consensus algo that uses NXT style PoS

http://www.digitalcatallaxy.com/report2015.html
100+ page annual report for SuperNET
Hyena
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1011

View Profile WWW
September 02, 2016, 02:10:36 PM

The reason for all this is pretty simple the project needs to raise funds so James and his team can create the tech for all this and finance the dPoW algorithm. This is only possible with the freshly raise BTC.

But this dilutes the f*#k out of BTCD holders. Now we swap from a pool of 1.2 M total BTCD to 200 M Komodo....how is this good? BTCD holders need to have the same percent of komodo as they held BTCD...nothing less or we get f*#ked.
current max coins is 22 million, so it is about 9x increase
and the number of komodo will be a corresponding multiplier, like a stock split
in the even no ICO funds come in, BTCD holders will have the same percent of komodo as now.

please calm down

So, the less outsiders buy into KMD ICO the larger percentage of KMD will go to BTCD holders?! This means, to protect my investment, I should start a massive FUD campaign against KMD Cheesy to acquire as many KMD as possible while buying into BTCD Cheesy very interesting situation.

BTW jl777 when a bird shits on your head you should actually buy a lottery ticket ASAP because it is deemed to be an indicator of really good luck.  Grin

★★★ CryptoGraffiti.info ★★★ Hidden Messages Found from the Block Chain (Thread)
Hyena
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1011

View Profile WWW
September 02, 2016, 02:19:08 PM

in the even (event?) no ICO funds come in, BTCD holders will have the same percent of komodo as now.

Yes, but you are going for 30K BTC!!! Good luck with that...and if it actually happens, BTCD hodlers (some supporters for years) get pennies on the dollar for the so called "stock split". 

That's exactly my point. jl777 should ask for a specific amount of money that is necessary for him to complete specific steps AND NO MORE. Because every single penny he gets in excess will hurt BTCD holders like a bitch.

★★★ CryptoGraffiti.info ★★★ Hidden Messages Found from the Block Chain (Thread)
Breasal

Activity: 585
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 02, 2016, 02:20:02 PM

What happens to the BTCD after the swap?
Breasal

Activity: 585

View Profile
September 02, 2016, 02:24:11 PM

we are not really getting diluted, because the value of BTCD swapped for KMD increases proportionally with the dilution.

so if you end up with 1/5 of something that has 5* the value. as jl777 succinctly put it on slack: it is like exchanging ONE 5$ bill for FIVE 1$ bills.

and the revshare asset more than compensates for 10 weeks suspended price action.

Yea, I'm almost convinced...but not yet. I am trigger shy after losing a lot on nxt assets and previous failed icos. BTCD has been steady income with great stake profits and a good smaller lot of committed supporters..now it goes corporate.
FairyDust82

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 02, 2016, 02:32:31 PM

CryptoCard
Teleport
Telepathy
InstantDEX
PAX
Pangea
NeoDice
Jay
Crypto777
Skynet
NXTPrivacy
SuperNET

All projects which jl777 has either developed or had a share in issuing the asset for, which have to date produced NOTHING of value. They raised thousands of btc 2 years ago, and now want more after releasing 0 working product? You can't just tell people to 'git clone and run' your project, you have to make it presentable and useable in some form. Nobody is gonna download and run 'iguana' unless you make a damn release. Isn't gonna happen.

Now they want another 30k btc? For what? Where are the exact funds accounting from supernet ico?

keep moving folks
Come-from-Beyond
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1009

View Profile
September 02, 2016, 02:35:47 PM

Just another, now like Crypti/Lisk, ico from James Roll Eyes
Give me money and i'l code you something. Grin
BTW, who will pay all this transaction fees in Bitcoin and what happen when Komodo fees will not be enough to pay them? Huh

Hey, troll, I knew you would make exit here in your usual manner... And I have been 100% right.
BitcoinOnFire

Activity: 159
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
September 02, 2016, 03:38:58 PM

Interesting insight!

I'm happy not only me understands the situation/logic/numbers.

BTW if this decision was done for good of BTCD holders, why it was not consulted with them?

I'm also hoping ICO will get as little as needed, and all other coins will go to BTCD. But this is somhow contradictionary to what was said about fixed price for KMD...

Indeed ICO investors should be confused seeing the jump and 5x gain lost in BTCD and see sth is not good here (assuming ICO will max 30k BTC)

in the even no ICO funds come in, BTCD holders will have the same percent of komodo as now.

please calm down

So, the less outsiders buy into KMD ICO the larger percentage of KMD will go to BTCD holders?! This means, to protect my investment, I should start a massive FUD campaign against KMD Cheesy to acquire as many KMD as possible while buying into BTCD Cheesy very interesting situation.

BTW jl777 when a bird shits on your head you should actually buy a lottery ticket ASAP because it is deemed to be an indicator of really good luck.  Grin

###
### Simplify your life with passwords -> passcombo.com - smart password generator
###
Conqueror
Legendary

Activity: 1354
Merit: 1020

I was diagnosed with brain parasite

View Profile
September 02, 2016, 03:39:18 PM

please calm down

+1 I support massive KMD fud campaign so BTCD holders benefit more.
ninjalaunching ICO without warning is not nice, as BTCD holder I feel betrayed

Lets FUD the shit out of Komodo and jl777 so only absolute madman actually buy ICO.
cryptospreader

Activity: 504
Merit: 250

askNFTY Team Account

View Profile WWW
September 02, 2016, 03:43:52 PM

Everyone has started to shout against this ICO. What happened? I think technical developments don't need to showcase visually. It has to be discovered technically by performance and analysis not by visual presentation.
jl777 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 02, 2016, 03:44:36 PM

Yea, I'm almost convinced...but not yet. I am trigger shy after losing a lot on nxt assets and previous failed icos. BTCD has been steady income with great stake profits and a good smaller lot of committed supporters..now it goes corporate.
no corporation
5% staking continues with komodo

KomodoPlatform

Activity: 784
Merit: 253

Set Your Ideas Free

View Profile WWW
September 02, 2016, 03:47:21 PM

CryptoCard
Teleport
Telepathy
InstantDEX
PAX
Pangea
NeoDice
Jay
Crypto777
Skynet
NXTPrivacy
SuperNET

All projects which jl777 has either developed or had a share in issuing the asset for, which have to date produced NOTHING of value. They raised thousands of btc 2 years ago, and now want more after releasing 0 working product? You can't just tell people to 'git clone and run' your project, you have to make it presentable and useable in some form. Nobody is gonna download and run 'iguana' unless you make a damn release. Isn't gonna happen.

Now they want another 30k btc? For what? Where are the exact funds accounting from supernet ico?

keep moving folks

James gave a perfect answer to this earlier.

While I have done many projects, I think "dozens" is an exaggeration. Similarily your statement about no projects finished is a bit harsh.

jl777hodl is a holding fund for various crypto projects. As such it has been finished for years. It was the first asset that started trading and made history, this was something like 2 years ago. I would consider this finished.

MGW is multigateway.com and that also has been finished and in service for over a year. Since it is working and being used for over a year, I would consider that finished.

NXTventure is another one that has been finished for over a year. It has paid out in dividends more than I think any other NXT asset by value of dividends at the time it was sent out. Again, the future of NXTventure is hampered by all the changes with NXT that is out of my control, however I would consider NXTventure was completed.

SuperNET is a hybrid holding vehicle and technology incubator. At least that is one way to look at it. http://www.supernet.org/nav.php shows its current holdings and despite being hit by a 75% reduction in its NAV the first year (mostly due to NXT price decline and my not actively trading), the NAV has more than doubled to within striking distance of the original. This is achieved while paying for all the costs to run SuperNET out of the investment gains. Now what other project self-funds from investment gains that it makes?

I have issued more than a dozen proxy assets, such as mgwBTC and superBTC. These asset's function is to represent 1:1 the BTC to allow using the NXT AE to trade them via blockchain. I did this 2 years ago and I am pretty sure it was the first tokenDEX that allowed trading of crypto against crypto. This is 2 years ago, when just now we finally see other solutions of this kind appearing. I would consider these assets completed.

Iguana is a bitcoin daemon and wallet that can sync the entire BTC blockchain from scratch in 2 hours. It also can sync over a dozen other coins, all from a self-contained codebase that I wrote from scratch. Its codesize is about 3MB and it has been ported from unix to osx, win32, win64, android and chrome app. docs.supernet.org documents its API bindings and it is now in the final stages of debug and will be used as a component within komodo. I have seen some GUI that is looking pretty good and for basic wallet function and parallel sync it appears to be working, though I do the core level code and not the GUI so I cant speak for it in detail.

Is iguana completed? Not quite, but it is very close and I suggest you take a look at it. The source code has been open and available during the development process at https://github.com/jl777/SuperNET and you can see that I have been quite busy over the years. docs.supernet.org documents the API

crypto777: this is an ongoing technology revenue asset and as soon as project start generating revenues, it will too. It basically represents revenues from the technology that I do that doesnt already have an asset to encapsulate its revenues. In some sense it is done, just that the revenue streams are flowing yet. Maybe this is in an in-between state, but there was no ICO per se for this, so not sure if you have an issue with it.

Now to the real unfinished projects list, however please note that there was NO ICO for these and it was funded by small number of private investors, so I dont think it is fair for you to criticize them as an incomplete ICO, as they were not even ICO:

InstantDEX: easyDEX is in last stages of coding/debugging and is part of the overall solution of loosely coupled blockchains using atomic swaps. The full InstantDEX was mostly working last year(!) however due to disappearance of GUI dev combine with NXT increasing txfees dramatically while reducing the available space to store data, made an InstantDEX built on NXT uneconomic. Should InstantDEX have been finished by now? Yes. I made a mistake of building the InstantDEX on top of NXT, which is a platform that I had no voice in and when everything was changed and made it so a few of my projects became unviable, my protests were met with a "you should have known better". OK, so lesson learned and now I know better, I wrote iguana from scratch so its entirety I am in control. Never again will I be at the mercy of arbitrary changes that break backward compatibility and the fundamental economic model of a service I built on top of it.

Pangea: this is a decentralized poker service that is in a holding pattern now due to the retooling required to switch from a NXT based service to iguana based.

Tradebots/NXTcoinsco: part of this is in the process of being completed within the easyDEX framework, but again the shift from NXT based to iguana based was a delay factor.

NXTprivacy: this is mostly a deprecated asset due to my shift from NXT to iguana, but I do have a plan to infuse some life to it after the dust settles from the other projects. In any case it never did any ICO and didnt even do much of secondary trading on NXT AE, so its priority has been low.

Do you want me to list the projects that I didnt even raise funds from private investors and are just various technology projects that I have percolating? Not sure why you would have any complaints if I have a lot of projects in the research phase that I have not raised funds for.

I proposed an Asset Passport system, which is a way to protect asset issuer and holders by allowing them to migrate from chain to chain. This was actually the genesis of dPoW which evolved from the need to secure weak PoS chains. I never raised any funds for this.

I have proposed Teleport, Telepathy and PAX within the BTCD context, but I did not do any ICO to raise funds to develop this. Teleport at a high level is similar to zcash, in that there is a blackbox of bits representing the transaction, but the math behind the zero knowledge proofs is a step above anything else and I always want to use the best tech solution for my systems, even if it means replacing something I made. Telepathy is a network level privacy "mixer" and this will work on top of the komodo, of course it needs for komodo to be finalized and also its urgency is much less due to the strength of zcash tech. PAX has been coded to alpha level, but as an unfunded project has been back burnered and also waits for the full transition to iguana. Is it is disappointing that these things have not been completed yet? Sure, but I am just one guy coding away most days and many have advised me to get more help at the core level. The issue is I cant find any other C coders at my level who will work for anything less than a lot of money.

I am also providing free consulting for many projects, they just have to ask and I try to help as I can, which is usually with some technical ideas. I am not the one actually doing these projects though, so I hope you do not hold me responsible for any delivery status of all the projects I have helped with my advice.

I understand if you see all these projects and there isnt the level of success you want to see. After all if it was all finished and a big success I wouldnt have to be working these 14 hour days 28 days a month, continuously.

However, the perception that I never finish everything is not correct. The perception that I do dozens of ICOs and just spend all the money and ask for more, is not correct.

I have done exactly one ICO outside of the NXT assets, and that is SuperNET. Its charter for use of funds is primarily to make investments and I have been funding operations from the profits, while growing the NAV from a low of .002 to its current .006 level.

If you can name any other ICO I conducted where funds were raised and I havent delivered anything, I am curious to know what it is. As you can see I am not limited in the number of ideas, nor do I feel their quality is low. What I need is more resources. I had hoped to get at least half a dozen volunteers to work on the core C projects, but alas, there were none.

With komodo there is the possibility of creating not only the first dPoW implementation, but also to fund all of the pending projects that are in slow motion due to my only having 16 hours per day to work and I am slacking off this year by working only 14 hours per day.

James

◈▣ KOMODO ● Set Your Ideas Free ▣◈
.......AECOSYSTEFONATIVE BLOCKCHAINS.......
Blockchain Generator | Atomic Swaps | Decentralized Exchange | UTXO Contracts | Community-Led | Open Source | Scalable Ecosystem
deadlock1

Activity: 658

methodic madness

View Profile
September 02, 2016, 03:51:43 PM

Nice idea, it comes at the right time!  Smiley

Believe me or not, I felt something was coming.

Yes, these are the features we need and the rebranding is ok, IMO. So will the blockchain have a new start with Komodo? Slim chain?

Tensely awaiting more good news.

Ich hab heut Nichtgeburtstag! :-)
FairyDust82

View Profile
September 02, 2016, 03:53:54 PM

CryptoCard
Teleport
Telepathy
InstantDEX
PAX
Pangea
NeoDice
Jay
Crypto777
Skynet
NXTPrivacy
SuperNET

keep moving folks

James gave a perfect answer to this earlier.

While I have done many projects, I think "dozens" is an exaggeration. Similarily your statement about no projects finished is a bit harsh.

jl777hodl is a holding fund for various crypto projects. As such it has been finished for years. It was the first asset that started trading and made history, this was something like 2 years ago. I would consider this finished.

MGW is multigateway.com and that also has been finished and in service for over a year. Since it is working and being used for over a year, I would consider that finished.

NXTventure is another one that has been finished for over a year. It has paid out in dividends more than I think any other NXT asset by value of dividends at the time it was sent out. Again, the future of NXTventure is hampered by all the changes with NXT that is out of my control, however I would consider NXTventure was completed.

SuperNET is a hybrid holding vehicle and technology incubator. At least that is one way to look at it. http://www.supernet.org/nav.php shows its current holdings and despite being hit by a 75% reduction in its NAV the first year (mostly due to NXT price decline and my not actively trading), the NAV has more than doubled to within striking distance of the original. This is achieved while paying for all the costs to run SuperNET out of the investment gains. Now what other project self-funds from investment gains that it makes?

I have issued more than a dozen proxy assets, such as mgwBTC and superBTC. These asset's function is to represent 1:1 the BTC to allow using the NXT AE to trade them via blockchain. I did this 2 years ago and I am pretty sure it was the first tokenDEX that allowed trading of crypto against crypto. This is 2 years ago, when just now we finally see other solutions of this kind appearing. I would consider these assets completed.

Iguana is a bitcoin daemon and wallet that can sync the entire BTC blockchain from scratch in 2 hours. It also can sync over a dozen other coins, all from a self-contained codebase that I wrote from scratch. Its codesize is about 3MB and it has been ported from unix to osx, win32, win64, android and chrome app. docs.supernet.org documents its API bindings and it is now in the final stages of debug and will be used as a component within komodo. I have seen some GUI that is looking pretty good and for basic wallet function and parallel sync it appears to be working, though I do the core level code and not the GUI so I cant speak for it in detail.

Is iguana completed? Not quite, but it is very close and I suggest you take a look at it. The source code has been open and available during the development process at https://github.com/jl777/SuperNET and you can see that I have been quite busy over the years. docs.supernet.org documents the API

crypto777: this is an ongoing technology revenue asset and as soon as project start generating revenues, it will too. It basically represents revenues from the technology that I do that doesnt already have an asset to encapsulate its revenues. In some sense it is done, just that the revenue streams are flowing yet. Maybe this is in an in-between state, but there was no ICO per se for this, so not sure if you have an issue with it.

Now to the real unfinished projects list, however please note that there was NO ICO for these and it was funded by small number of private investors, so I dont think it is fair for you to criticize them as an incomplete ICO, as they were not even ICO:

InstantDEX: easyDEX is in last stages of coding/debugging and is part of the overall solution of loosely coupled blockchains using atomic swaps. The full InstantDEX was mostly working last year(!) however due to disappearance of GUI dev combine with NXT increasing txfees dramatically while reducing the available space to store data, made an InstantDEX built on NXT uneconomic. Should InstantDEX have been finished by now? Yes. I made a mistake of building the InstantDEX on top of NXT, which is a platform that I had no voice in and when everything was changed and made it so a few of my projects became unviable, my protests were met with a "you should have known better". OK, so lesson learned and now I know better, I wrote iguana from scratch so its entirety I am in control. Never again will I be at the mercy of arbitrary changes that break backward compatibility and the fundamental economic model of a service I built on top of it.

Pangea: this is a decentralized poker service that is in a holding pattern now due to the retooling required to switch from a NXT based service to iguana based.

Tradebots/NXTcoinsco: part of this is in the process of being completed within the easyDEX framework, but again the shift from NXT based to iguana based was a delay factor.

NXTprivacy: this is mostly a deprecated asset due to my shift from NXT to iguana, but I do have a plan to infuse some life to it after the dust settles from the other projects. In any case it never did any ICO and didnt even do much of secondary trading on NXT AE, so its priority has been low.

Do you want me to list the projects that I didnt even raise funds from private investors and are just various technology projects that I have percolating? Not sure why you would have any complaints if I have a lot of projects in the research phase that I have not raised funds for.

I proposed an Asset Passport system, which is a way to protect asset issuer and holders by allowing them to migrate from chain to chain. This was actually the genesis of dPoW which evolved from the need to secure weak PoS chains. I never raised any funds for this.

I have proposed Teleport, Telepathy and PAX within the BTCD context, but I did not do any ICO to raise funds to develop this. Teleport at a high level is similar to zcash, in that there is a blackbox of bits representing the transaction, but the math behind the zero knowledge proofs is a step above anything else and I always want to use the best tech solution for my systems, even if it means replacing something I made. Telepathy is a network level privacy "mixer" and this will work on top of the komodo, of course it needs for komodo to be finalized and also its urgency is much less due to the strength of zcash tech. PAX has been coded to alpha level, but as an unfunded project has been back burnered and also waits for the full transition to iguana. Is it is disappointing that these things have not been completed yet? Sure, but I am just one guy coding away most days and many have advised me to get more help at the core level. The issue is I cant find any other C coders at my level who will work for anything less than a lot of money.

I am also providing free consulting for many projects, they just have to ask and I try to help as I can, which is usually with some technical ideas. I am not the one actually doing these projects though, so I hope you do not hold me responsible for any delivery status of all the projects I have helped with my advice.

I understand if you see all these projects and there isnt the level of success you want to see. After all if it was all finished and a big success I wouldnt have to be working these 14 hour days 28 days a month, continuously.

However, the perception that I never finish everything is not correct. The perception that I do dozens of ICOs and just spend all the money and ask for more, is not correct.

I have done exactly one ICO outside of the NXT assets, and that is SuperNET. Its charter for use of funds is primarily to make investments and I have been funding operations from the profits, while growing the NAV from a low of .002 to its current .006 level.

If you can name any other ICO I conducted where funds were raised and I havent delivered anything, I am curious to know what it is. As you can see I am not limited in the number of ideas, nor do I feel their quality is low. What I need is more resources. I had hoped to get at least half a dozen volunteers to work on the core C projects, but alas, there were none.

With komodo there is the possibility of creating not only the first dPoW implementation, but also to fund all of the pending projects that are in slow motion due to my only having 16 hours per day to work and I am slacking off this year by working only 14 hours per day.

James

talk talk talk talk talk. keep talking in circles.

2 years, millions of dollars, NOTHING to show for it.

Hey, I've got a great idea? Why not raise another 30k btc?
KomodoPlatform

Activity: 784
Merit: 253

Set Your Ideas Free

View Profile WWW
September 02, 2016, 04:03:22 PM

Yes, these are the features we need and the rebranding is ok, IMO. So will the blockchain have a new start with Komodo? Slim chain?

Glad to hear that!

We have an article coming that explain little bit more about dPoW! We hope it makes the concept more clear.

You don't have to wait long!

Interesting insight!

I'm happy not only me understands the situation/logic/numbers.

BTW if this decision was done for good of BTCD holders, why it was not consulted with them?

I'm also hoping ICO will get as little as needed, and all other coins will go to BTCD. But this is somhow contradictionary to what was said about fixed price for KMD...

Indeed ICO investors should be confused seeing the jump and 5x gain lost in BTCD and see sth is not good here (assuming ICO will max 30k BTC)

Komodo continues the path BTCD was on: anonymity. The price of BTCD was determinated by the average price in August, so no info were spread. Otherwise the price could have been artificially rised to make them worth more.

The new features of Komodo required capital. There is no way to have these features without having a new ICO.

We had to think a way to make the new ICO fair to both new investors as well as the BTCD holders. Of course we cannot please everyone, but we hope that everyone will begin to see what we are trying to achieve.

◈▣ KOMODO ● Set Your Ideas Free ▣◈
.......AECOSYSTEFONATIVE BLOCKCHAINS.......
Blockchain Generator | Atomic Swaps | Decentralized Exchange | UTXO Contracts | Community-Led | Open Source | Scalable Ecosystem
FairyDust82

View Profile
September 02, 2016, 04:08:31 PM

Komodo continues the path BTCD was on: anonymity. The price of BTCD was determinated by the average price in August, so no info were spread. Otherwise the price could have been artificially rised to make them worth more.

https://i.imgur.com/W1odI3J.png

Not too bright, are you?

Insider trading at its finest, folks
jl777 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 02, 2016, 04:13:11 PM

Everyone has started to shout against this ICO. What happened? I think technical developments don't need to showcase visually. It has to be discovered technically by performance and analysis not by visual presentation.
There is some strange theory that without a GUI there is no value to a project.

I think this means that unix for the longest of times was totally worthless and there have been many coins that for a long time was command line only, you know, something called bitcoin.

docs.supernet.org is a list of iguana API

anybody can submit bugs and issues

we have people paid to test and find bugs and they are finding a few, which I fix as they are found.

Now I am a C dev that does low level core API and I have. Projects like MGW have been done and running for over a year, maybe its 2 years now. iguana is working well enough for fully functional GUI to be made and there are two different GUI in various stages of development, along with installers for unix, osx, win32, win64 and chrome app. SuperNET has created the SN lite GUI for NXT, but that seems to get no credit toward completion of projects.

I will be using iguana to implement the bitcoin interfacing required in komodo. komodo is a usecase of iguana tech. iguana is the platform level codebase and so now the time is come to build things on top of that platform. dPoW is a relatively small and well defined module to complete and I will add that into a zcash fork.

Before anybody puts in money, please make sure you are comfortable that I will achieve this. Either because you trust in my tech skills or you see it working on testnet.

Most of the shouting is from people who wanted a quick pump and are disappointed it isnt going to be quick. I have explained our rationale and wont get into it again. I have yet to hear a single proposal that would have solved all the constraints, the biggest being price pumping out of self-interest of BTCD holders. I had to make a judgement call on behalf of everyone and it is what it is.

The only credible criticism I have heard so far is the lack of project completion. There have been reasons given for the delays, but iguana is about as done as any large scale project can be done. So it is time to package it up into nice GUI with installers and that process has begun.

For people that want to evaluate at the command line level on your own you can via my github.com/jl777/SuperNET repo. You might get a head start on the others that wait. I am constantly updating the repo but I do try to stabilize it as quickly as possible. production versions are made from a snapshot during stable times and go through a test procedure.

By necessity I am not personally involved in this testing, as the coder cant be the production tester of his own work. At this point I am still working in the iguana codebase, but at the higher levels of abstraction and rarely making any changes to the lower level code.

I took a few days off to code up a steemit liquidity awards bot, which worked and earned ~$10K in rewards in the week that it ran before the awards were stopped. To my knowledge my bot was the first one other than the insider's bots that earned the liquidity reward multiple times. My experiences about this are well documented. What does it mean? It shows that in one week I created a real money handling bot that competed against all the existing bots and managed to win awards. Something that few if any other outsider's bots did.

Does that count as a finished release? I did it on personal time one weekend.

Anyway, the question you need to answer is if I can actually code or not. I have my opinion, others have their opinion. If you are not a coder, ask around to find out how much work it is to write an entire bitcoin protocol from network wire protocol, script processing, secp signatures to RPC layer, from scratch without using external libraries. And if 9 months is a horribly long time to achieve this.

Jerry S

Activity: 546

View Profile
September 02, 2016, 04:14:28 PM

what project is this? komodo is from my homeland
jl777 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 02, 2016, 04:15:11 PM

yes komodo chain will start fresh, one advantage of the swap method chosen

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 ... 878 »
  Print  

Jump to: