Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 01:48:14 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 ... 878 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][KMD][dPoW] Komodo - An Open, Composable Smart Chain Platform, Secured by B  (Read 1191683 times)
visual111

Activity: 493
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 07, 2016, 07:30:51 PM

Another question.
What does BTCD has to do with ICO?
If someone who does not have any BTCD and wishes to buy KMD during ICO, will he have to buy BTCD and swap it for KMD?

When we take into account the bonuses during ICO, we get:

Oct. 15 -           25% bonus  = 0.00425 BTC/BTCD
Oct. 16-22 -      20% bonus  = 0.00443 BTC/BTCD
Oct. 23-29 -      15% bonus  = 0.00462 BTC/BTCD
Oct. 30-Nov 5 - 10% bonus = 0.00483 BTC/BTCD
Nov 6-12 -         5% bonus   = 0.00506 BTC/BTCD
Nov 13-20 -       0% bonus   = 0.00532 BTC/BTCD

you can participate with BTCD or BTC

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

INTRODUCING WAVES
ULTIMATE ASSET/CUSTOM TOKEN BLOCKCHAIN PLATFORM

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
KomodoPlatform

Activity: 784
Merit: 253

Set Your Ideas Free

View Profile WWW
September 07, 2016, 07:34:23 PM

Another question.
If someone who does not have any BTCD and wishes to buy KMD during ICO, will he have to buy BTCD and swap it for KMD?

Komodo is basically BTCD 2.0 and it is created by the same team (jl777). BTCD has a role to play in Iguana (a SuperNET technology), but in the future Komodo will take over that role. Everything will be moving to Komodo.

You can invest with BTC if you want to, but we also offer a fixed rate of 0.00532 BTC/BTCD for the BTCD holders.

We tried to include all ICO info in detail here: https://steemit.com/komodo/@komodoplatform/komodo-ico-questions-and-answers

◈▣ KOMODO ● Set Your Ideas Free ▣◈
.......AECOSYSTEFONATIVE BLOCKCHAINS.......
Blockchain Generator | Atomic Swaps | Decentralized Exchange | UTXO Contracts | Community-Led | Open Source | Scalable Ecosystem
bitkokos2

Activity: 666

View Profile
September 07, 2016, 07:53:54 PM

Another question.

Komodo is basically BTCD 2.0 and it is created by the same team (jl777). BTCD has a role to play in Iguana (a SuperNET technology), but in the future Komodo will take over that role. Everything will be moving to Komodo.

You can invest with BTC if you want to, but we also offer a fixed rate of 0.00532 BTC/BTCD for the BTCD holders.

We tried to include all ICO info in detail here: https://steemit.com/komodo/@komodoplatform/komodo-ico-questions-and-answers

I am sorry, I might have not been clear.
I didn't ask about what KDM is and not for people who already have BTCD and what to swap.

I have asked about the role of BTCD here
e.g. Oct. 15 -  25% bonus  = 0.00425 BTC/BTCD
As this is not for BTCD holders, it's for new buyers who want to buy KMD. What's the purpose of BTCD there?
PilotofBTC
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 07, 2016, 08:07:03 PM

Another question.

I didn't ask about what KDM is and not for people who already have BTCD and what to swap.

e.g. Oct. 15 -  25% bonus  = 0.00425 BTC/BTCD
As this is not for BTCD holders, it's for new buyers who want to buy KMD. What's the purpose of BTCD there?

Is just a typo, It should be BTC/KMD on all those lines.
PondSea
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 07, 2016, 08:14:16 PM

Another question.

Oct. 15 -           25% bonus  = 0.00425 BTC/BTCD
Oct. 16-22 -      20% bonus  = 0.00443 BTC/BTCD
Oct. 23-29 -      15% bonus  = 0.00462 BTC/BTCD
Nov 6-12 -         5% bonus   = 0.00506 BTC/BTCD
Nov 13-20 -       0% bonus   = 0.00532 BTC/BTCD

e.g. Oct. 15 -  25% bonus  = 0.00425 BTC/BTCD

Is just a typo, It should be BTC/KMD on all those lines.

No it is not a typo.

That table above shows you the BTCD price levels that you need to buy at to get the same amount of KMD as a person investing into the ICO with BTC that that day.

If you can buy the BTCD under that rate then you would be getting more bonus  Smiley

░░░░░░░░░▀▀▀█████████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████████
░░░░▄███████▄░░░░████████
░░░░███████████░░░░██████
░░░▀███████████░░░░████░░
███▄░░░░░░░░░░▀████░░░███░░██
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████░░░██░░██
█████████████▄░░████░░░░░
░░█████████████░░█████
░░░░█████████▀░░░██████▌
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀░░░░▄████████▌
░░░░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄███████
SuperNET.org
..BarterDEX..
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
DECENTRALIZED CRYPTOCURRENCY EXCHANGE
Developed to Unite Coin Communities | ✔ SECURE ✔ FREE ✔ VISIBILITY ✔ EASY INTEGRATION |

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

BadAss.Sx
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1002

Bulletproof VPS/VPN/Email @ BadAss.Sx

View Profile WWW
September 07, 2016, 08:34:00 PM

We see your point. We will try to make the ICO as transparent as possible, so everyone understands that BTCD holders can later swap for KMD. The fact that BTCD isn't swapped during ICO makes this thing a lot more complicated.

A little note on this. The true believers in BTCD (and most of them are from the beginning when price was high) don't participate in the % bonus you have in the ICO. That is the part i'm a little disappointing in with. I staked 2 years long to keep the network alive and it feels a little now that we have to stand back in the line and in front of us are the new believers. It doesn't feel right.

I'm sure you have the best intentions with all this, but for me personally it feels like a rip off. Price of BTCD will go until the ICO to the price you guys have decided, so at the end we get nothing while we supported the network and the coin till the end.
Johnny00

Activity: 896
Merit: 553

View Profile
September 07, 2016, 08:40:31 PM

We see your point. We will try to make the ICO as transparent as possible, so everyone understands that BTCD holders can later swap for KMD. The fact that BTCD isn't swapped during ICO makes this thing a lot more complicated.

A little note on this. The true believers in BTCD (and most of them are from the beginning when price was high) don't participate in the % bonus you have in the ICO. That is the part i'm a little disappointing in with. I staked 2 years long to keep the network alive and it feels a little now that we have to stand back in the line and in front of us are the new believers. It doesn't feel right.

I'm sure you have the best intentions with all this, but for me personally it feels like a rip off. Price of BTCD will go until the ICO to the price you guys have decided, so at the end we get nothing while we supported the network and the coin till the end.

Like any company on the stock market you may have invested at a high price only to see the price drop and get taken over. You can't expect to receive an extremely high premium above the original ICO, just not free market. A premium received on current price is the right thing to do.

|
We plan to invest over
$1 billion in the regulated, licensed,
and legal businesses to build the IOB Mesh
|
Same Token,IOB
Multiple Regulated
Security Token
ICOs Across the World.
|
TELEGRAM
TWITTER
GITHUB
REDDIT
中文电报群
MEDIUM
BITCOINTALK
LINKEDIN
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
September 07, 2016, 11:14:08 PM

I am disappointed too. I was waiting for this coin to at least get back to the price bought it for 2 years ago, and now you priced it at 0.0053
Just give BTCD holders fixed % of 100 mil KMD.

This.

Atleast it could have been a 50% bonus on the last known price before the announcement. BTCD investors getting the D.

Sorry guys.  It was 100% predictable that ICOscam777 would be giving BTCD investors "the D."

Citation:

BitcoinDark is down over 43% this month. What happend?  Huh

BitcoinDark is a project that will be obsolete before it is (if ever) finished.

Bitcoin has Confidential Transactions on the way.  Monero has Compact Confidential Transactions on the way.

BitcoinDark, besides having a stupid and unforgivably misleading name, is completely useless.

There is nothing to do with BTCD except send them in and out of SuperNet all day.

Investors want RESULTS, not empty PROMISES to finish VAPORWARE.

Ya man, it's been obvious for months that BTCD is a complete scam:

(1)  It's still the same copy/paste coin that any competent crypto Dev could launch in a few days.

(2)  Zero improvements or even a single upgrade since launch in mid-2014.

(3) "Teleport" is just a buzzword in an ancient "dark paper"... unimplemented and will never be peer reviewed.

(4)  The "dividends" are fake...
jl777 pulled at least couple of million $$$ from NXT AE "investors"... then pays you stupid mooks $50, if that.

(5)  InstantDEX doesn't work and nobody understands it... so blaming it on "lack of testers" is laughable.

(6)  Pangea poker is the biggest Red Flag...
The design is something that would be laughed off the web in 2002...
Only a complete idiot would play "poker" with ZERO protection in place against collusion.

(7)  You guys are "investing" in  buzzwords and an Excuse Machine....
While jl777 sits in Riga, Latvia assuming a staunch NATO ally would never extradite him to Lower Manhattan.

tl;dr

You guys are watching a very poorly executed Exit Strategy... it would be infinitely smarter to just disappear.

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
jl777 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1132

View Profile WWW
September 08, 2016, 03:39:13 AM
Last edit: September 08, 2016, 04:01:00 AM by jl777

Can you explain the dPoW fees? For example, you say money is needed for that.

Aren't you talking about Bitcoin tx fees here which current optimum is 70 sat per byte or about 17,920sat per tx which is currently about $.10USD.

thanks

yes, but calculate the cost at 33 signers

also for planning purposes I need to account for the possibility of the 1MB blocks filling up and a fee market being created that boosts the txfees significantly

http://www.digitalcatallaxy.com/report2015.html
100+ page annual report for SuperNET
KomodoPlatform

Set Your Ideas Free

View Profile WWW
September 08, 2016, 08:03:16 AM

when whitepaper will be avlbl ?

We are working on it, there is no exact publication date yet.

Blockchain Generator | Atomic Swaps | Decentralized Exchange | UTXO Contracts | Community-Led | Open Source | Scalable Ecosystem
KomodoPlatform

Set Your Ideas Free

View Profile WWW
September 08, 2016, 09:32:56 AM

An announcement regarding BTCD Swap rate and bonuses

There has been a lot of discussions about the BTCD swap rate, and whatever the 0.00532 BTC/BTCD rate is enough.

As the community was waiting for the coming announcement, the BTCD price had already climbed near this price. Once the announcement went live, the price had already reached its 'ceiling'. What made things look even worse was the ICO bonus system for BTC investors. Those bonuses would further lower the KMD share BTCD investors would get in the swap. In other words, some people felt that BTC investors have a significant edge, because they have the bonus system and the BTCD holders feel like they didn't get one.

To solve this, the allocation of BTCD in the ICO will be saved from dillution by applying the average bonus the BTC investors got to the swap rate.

Example: Lets say 10000 BTC are collected and 1000 BTC in early investor bonus was taken. That means the average bonus is 10%. This brings the BTCD swap rate to 0,005852.

yassin54
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 08, 2016, 09:35:05 AM

There has been a lot of discussions about the BTCD swap rate, and whatever the 0.00532 BTC/BTCD rate is enough.

As the community was waiting for the coming announcement, the BTCD price had already climbed near this price. Once the announcement went live, the price had already reached its 'ceiling'. What made things look even worse was the ICO bonus system for BTC investors. Those bonuses would further lower the KMD share BTCD investors would get in the swap. In other words, some people felt that BTC investors have a significant edge, because they have the bonus system and the BTCD holders feel like they didn't get one.

To solve this, the allocation of BTCD in the ICO will be saved from dillution by applying the average bonus the BTC investors got to the swap rate.

Example: Lets say 10000 BTC are collected and 1000 BTC in early investor bonus was taken. That means the average bonus is 10%. This brings the BTCD swap rate to 0,005852.

Tweeted!! https://twitter.com/KomodoPlatform/status/773816650432995328  Wink
PGPpfKkx

Activity: 586
Merit: 501

View Profile
September 08, 2016, 09:51:30 AM

I know jl777 is a famous developer. But can someone summarize how many ICOs he launched and how many he delivered? I read somewhere that he likes to abandon projects.

I hope my message is not moderated, I am genuinely interested in investing but I need some information that I lack.

thanks
KomodoPlatform

Set Your Ideas Free

View Profile WWW
September 08, 2016, 10:23:28 AM

I know jl777 is a famous developer. But can someone summarize how many ICOs he launched and how many he delivered? I read somewhere that he likes to abandon projects.

I hope my message is not moderated, I am genuinely interested in investing but I need some information that I lack.

thanks

Hello, and welcome!

We don't moderate this thread at all Smiley

One of the misconceptions is that the projects would be isolated from each other, but in fact they all more or less need each other. Some projects (like Pangea) need to solve a lot of complex problems which also other projects are looking to solve. In other words, a single project cannot be 100% completed before the overall technology is in place. jl777 has been working hard and has made a steady progress that has led him to solve those hard problems. In many cases, we are getting to the finish line, where only a GUI team and a project manager is needed to completely finish them.

Second point is, that many of the projects are started by a third party, and SuperNET is just a partner. One such example would be Pangea poker, which unfortunately has now fallen under jl777's responsibility. On the other hand, there are projects such as SkyNET and NXTFreeMarket, which are still being developed by third party.

A third point would be, that the roadmap to solve these hard problems can change. It's impossible to know in advance how to solve each problem, and sometimes a better option emerges. Komodo is a perfect example. A better alternative appeared, Zcash, and thus the roadmap for BTCD changed. The BTCD was not abandonet, because the previous investors now get to swap to for KMD.

Fore more information I refer to the following comment:

The technlogy SuperNET is developing is not fictional, it is not an empty promise.

It is here! Verify the progress yourself!

github.com/jl777/SuperNET
docs.supernet.org (a list of iguana API)
SuperNET Slack channel #Iguana

- Iguana is functioning at the command line level
 - There is a team developing HTML/JS GUI (they post updates to #Iguana channel)
 - Both the iguana core and GUI are open source
 - Soon there will be installers, and a first release

Komodo ICO will bring more funds that are necessary to remove all the obstacles there are before we can get a mainstream adoption. But that is a long term plan.

With the short term, there are at least:
1) Iguana release
2) anonymous transactions
3) dPoW

We are working really hard to have the first Iguana release before the ICO starts. During ICO there will be a working dPoW in testnet. Finally, very soon after the ICO ends, we will get anonymous transactions.

What James has done during the past has not been a simple task. He has solved extremely hard problems. Here is what he just said about Iguana:

Took me 9 months to write iguana, the first multicoin parallel syncing bitcoin protocol daemon, including RPC, that compiles to 2MB. Is that slow? Not sure, but I know if I tried to find someone to do that, they would ask to fund a full dev team for at least that long. People dont realize the scale and difficulty of creating working backward compatible improvements to the state of art.

jl777 has given a detailed update about all the projects mentioned:

While I have done many projects, I think "dozens" is an exaggeration. Similarily your statement about no projects finished is a bit harsh.

jl777hodl is a holding fund for various crypto projects. As such it has been finished for years. It was the first asset that started trading and made history, this was something like 2 years ago. I would consider this finished.

MGW is multigateway.com and that also has been finished and in service for over a year. Since it is working and being used for over a year, I would consider that finished.

NXTventure is another one that has been finished for over a year. It has paid out in dividends more than I think any other NXT asset by value of dividends at the time it was sent out. Again, the future of NXTventure is hampered by all the changes with NXT that is out of my control, however I would consider NXTventure was completed.

SuperNET is a hybrid holding vehicle and technology incubator. At least that is one way to look at it. http://www.supernet.org/nav.php shows its current holdings and despite being hit by a 75% reduction in its NAV the first year (mostly due to NXT price decline and my not actively trading), the NAV has more than doubled to within striking distance of the original. This is achieved while paying for all the costs to run SuperNET out of the investment gains. Now what other project self-funds from investment gains that it makes?

I have issued more than a dozen proxy assets, such as mgwBTC and superBTC. These asset's function is to represent 1:1 the BTC to allow using the NXT AE to trade them via blockchain. I did this 2 years ago and I am pretty sure it was the first tokenDEX that allowed trading of crypto against crypto. This is 2 years ago, when just now we finally see other solutions of this kind appearing. I would consider these assets completed.

Iguana is a bitcoin daemon and wallet that can sync the entire BTC blockchain from scratch in 2 hours. It also can sync over a dozen other coins, all from a self-contained codebase that I wrote from scratch. Its codesize is about 3MB and it has been ported from unix to osx, win32, win64, android and chrome app. docs.supernet.org documents its API bindings and it is now in the final stages of debug and will be used as a component within komodo. I have seen some GUI that is looking pretty good and for basic wallet function and parallel sync it appears to be working, though I do the core level code and not the GUI so I cant speak for it in detail.

Is iguana completed? Not quite, but it is very close and I suggest you take a look at it. The source code has been open and available during the development process at https://github.com/jl777/SuperNET and you can see that I have been quite busy over the years. docs.supernet.org documents the API

crypto777: this is an ongoing technology revenue asset and as soon as project start generating revenues, it will too. It basically represents revenues from the technology that I do that doesnt already have an asset to encapsulate its revenues. In some sense it is done, just that the revenue streams are flowing yet. Maybe this is in an in-between state, but there was no ICO per se for this, so not sure if you have an issue with it.

Now to the real unfinished projects list, however please note that there was NO ICO for these and it was funded by small number of private investors, so I dont think it is fair for you to criticize them as an incomplete ICO, as they were not even ICO:

InstantDEX: easyDEX is in last stages of coding/debugging and is part of the overall solution of loosely coupled blockchains using atomic swaps. The full InstantDEX was mostly working last year(!) however due to disappearance of GUI dev combine with NXT increasing txfees dramatically while reducing the available space to store data, made an InstantDEX built on NXT uneconomic. Should InstantDEX have been finished by now? Yes. I made a mistake of building the InstantDEX on top of NXT, which is a platform that I had no voice in and when everything was changed and made it so a few of my projects became unviable, my protests were met with a "you should have known better". OK, so lesson learned and now I know better, I wrote iguana from scratch so its entirety I am in control. Never again will I be at the mercy of arbitrary changes that break backward compatibility and the fundamental economic model of a service I built on top of it.

Pangea: this is a decentralized poker service that is in a holding pattern now due to the retooling required to switch from a NXT based service to iguana based.

Tradebots/NXTcoinsco: part of this is in the process of being completed within the easyDEX framework, but again the shift from NXT based to iguana based was a delay factor.

NXTprivacy: this is mostly a deprecated asset due to my shift from NXT to iguana, but I do have a plan to infuse some life to it after the dust settles from the other projects. In any case it never did any ICO and didnt even do much of secondary trading on NXT AE, so its priority has been low.

Do you want me to list the projects that I didnt even raise funds from private investors and are just various technology projects that I have percolating? Not sure why you would have any complaints if I have a lot of projects in the research phase that I have not raised funds for.

I proposed an Asset Passport system, which is a way to protect asset issuer and holders by allowing them to migrate from chain to chain. This was actually the genesis of dPoW which evolved from the need to secure weak PoS chains. I never raised any funds for this.

I have proposed Teleport, Telepathy and PAX within the BTCD context, but I did not do any ICO to raise funds to develop this. Teleport at a high level is similar to zcash, in that there is a blackbox of bits representing the transaction, but the math behind the zero knowledge proofs is a step above anything else and I always want to use the best tech solution for my systems, even if it means replacing something I made. Telepathy is a network level privacy "mixer" and this will work on top of the komodo, of course it needs for komodo to be finalized and also its urgency is much less due to the strength of zcash tech. PAX has been coded to alpha level, but as an unfunded project has been back burnered and also waits for the full transition to iguana. Is it is disappointing that these things have not been completed yet? Sure, but I am just one guy coding away most days and many have advised me to get more help at the core level. The issue is I cant find any other C coders at my level who will work for anything less than a lot of money.

I am also providing free consulting for many projects, they just have to ask and I try to help as I can, which is usually with some technical ideas. I am not the one actually doing these projects though, so I hope you do not hold me responsible for any delivery status of all the projects I have helped with my advice.

I understand if you see all these projects and there isnt the level of success you want to see. After all if it was all finished and a big success I wouldnt have to be working these 14 hour days 28 days a month, continuously.

However, the perception that I never finish everything is not correct. The perception that I do dozens of ICOs and just spend all the money and ask for more, is not correct.

I have done exactly one ICO outside of the NXT assets, and that is SuperNET. Its charter for use of funds is primarily to make investments and I have been funding operations from the profits, while growing the NAV from a low of .002 to its current .006 level.

If you can name any other ICO I conducted where funds were raised and I havent delivered anything, I am curious to know what it is. As you can see I am not limited in the number of ideas, nor do I feel their quality is low. What I need is more resources. I had hoped to get at least half a dozen volunteers to work on the core C projects, but alas, there were none.

With komodo there is the possibility of creating not only the first dPoW implementation, but also to fund all of the pending projects that are in slow motion due to my only having 16 hours per day to work and I am slacking off this year by working only 14 hours per day.

James

In a follow up:

CryptoCard is completed, coinomat issued debit cards

Teleport - this is not any asset, how is it possible that an ICO was done for something without even an asset
Telepathy - this is not any asset, how is it possible that an ICO was done for something without even an asset
PAX - this is not any asset, how is it possible that an ICO was done for something without even an asset

Pangea
Neodice
Jay
SkyNET
above are all other dev's projects that SuperNET invested in and gave out dividends in. After it was given as a dividend it started trading in the open market. Please tell me where in this picture SuperNET or I am making an ICO to collect lots of money?

NXTprivacy was done as above, ie free dividend and after market trading by the people who received the assets.

which leaves InstantDEX, crypto777 and SuperNET
InstantDEX had private investors and then like the above assets was dividended out to SuperNET asset holders.

SuperNET, we know that its NAV is mostly preserved over the years as the technology has been developed: supernet.org/nav.php

Most of the projects SuperNET develops are not isolated, but they are part of the overall solution that will solve major problems crypto has. It's not possible to complete one piece 100%, and then move to the next one.

If a single project has many use cases, is it dozens of different projects? I think maybe the confusion is that I am making something that is similar to an OS. But what is an operating system without any applications? How to even know if the OS is working without any applications? So to make an OS, you need to make a few reference applications. And if an idea for a new application happens, does that fit within the framework of the OS, or does it somehow fragment the OS?

My assessment is that crypto needs a common framework for efficient development, if not all of crypto, at least I do. If a solution is being created to be able to build many different solutions, then many different solutions needs to be created on that system to make sure it can handle it. Otherwise you end up with limited scope speciality solutions that dont handle one or more types of problems that need to be handled.

I have a platform level solution that allows efficient solving of all the crypto's bottlenecks toward mainstream adoption. THAT is what I have been working on all this time. And dPoW is a vital part for this as it enables securing otherwise weak chains that wouldnt be secure enough to store any significant value.

Combined with iguana that speaks bitcoin protocol and can interface to many coins at once and atomic cross chain exchanges, a network of bitcoin secured chains that can atomic swap with any other is created. In order to reduce the friction of these cross chain swaps, funded Liquidity Provider nodes are needed. The advantage is that instead of having to wait for a day (or more) for side chains, the swaps can be done within a few coin confirmations (even less for low value swaps)

At the end all the hard work will pay off, as the working products will begin to pop up like mushrooms after rain. The progress has been invisible to some because they don't follow close enough.

When someone develops something of this scale, the exact path of how to get there is not known. Now we became to a crossroad, which we couldn't see before, and it looks like "Komodo" is the route we should take.

barbierir

Activity: 515
Merit: 502

View Profile WWW
September 08, 2016, 10:44:39 AM

Please don't fall for the usual fud, there is expecially one notorious troll Icebreaker that continues making stuff up. He sounds retarded if you know the facts. The only past Ico was Supernet and the first release of its core component Iguana is around the corner. No project has been abandoned, James is working very hard but the to-do list is long. By January with both Iguana and Komodo released the future will look pretty good.

If you're interested in the whole Supernet project there many ways to invest, of course the first one is Komodo, the other one are the various assets available for many different features. There is graphics of the assets relationships, note that Komodo will replace Btcd and there are some third party assets/features that don't depend on James.

Joining the Supernet slack is the best way to stay updated and see the progress in real time.

.......AN ECOSYSTEM FOR NATIVE BLOCKCHAINS.......
Blockchain Generator | Decentralized Crowdfunding | Decentralized Exchange | Bitcoin Security | Zero-Knowledge Proofs | Blockchain Interoperability | Scalable Infrastructure
Breasal

Activity: 585

View Profile
September 08, 2016, 10:59:17 AM

I think a better way to put it is that JL takes on too many projects and 95% of the projects that he announces get indefinitely postponed or cancelled because another ground-breaking idea pops in his head. I think its a bit of ADD. edit - nothing personal intended only observational claim here Undecided
Breasal

Activity: 585

View Profile
September 08, 2016, 11:00:47 AM

So I still have not gotten a clear answer on this:

What is proposed to happen to the BTCD that has been swapped for Komodo?
KomodoPlatform

Set Your Ideas Free

View Profile WWW
September 08, 2016, 11:18:57 AM

So I still have not gotten a clear answer on this:

What is proposed to happen to the BTCD that has been swapped for Komodo?

Nothing will happen to it.

Currently BTCD is used by Iguana, so the network will continue running to make sure nothing breaks. However, over time everything will be moving to Komodo blockchain, and at the end BTCD will have no role left in the SuperNET ecosystem. Komodo is the new BTCD, it just got an upgrade to the privacy technology and a new consensus method dPoW.

Does this answer to your question? Smiley

mladen00
Legendary

Activity: 2124
Merit: 1013

K-ing®

View Profile
September 08, 2016, 11:39:29 AM

maybe step by step in cryptoworld is better

IOTA
WorldCoiner

Activity: 1069
Merit: 682

View Profile WWW
September 08, 2016, 11:44:16 AM

Very nice move. This was the kind of additional extra I wanted to achieve for BTCD holders.
Will blog about this within the next 2 weeks.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 ... 878 »
  Print  

Jump to: