Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 11:19:59 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 ... 878 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][KMD][dPoW] Komodo - An Open, Composable Smart Chain Platform, Secured by B  (Read 1191683 times)
jl777 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1132

View Profile WWW
September 14, 2016, 07:38:45 PM

On the other side of iguana, I added support for syncing to TAZ (zcash testnet) and KMD (komodo testnet)

Due to the protected funds, basilisk mode wont be able to work with them. Also, iguana just cant handle all the zkp code, so while theoretically it would be possible for basilisk support on the transparent output side, it is not a priority for now. That will have to wait for new staff that can work on extending basilisk to the non-bitcoin protocols.

I dont yet interpret the protected transaction data, so the account balances will likely not match for now.

http://www.digitalcatallaxy.com/report2015.html
100+ page annual report for SuperNET

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
jl777 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 14, 2016, 07:57:16 PM

I forgot to mention that I think I have the bitcoin backstop protection hooked in!

Just a stub and wont actually do anything until I get the messaging activated, but given a dataset of notarized blockhashes, any block that tries to replace any notarized block (or earlier), will simply get rejected as being an invalid block.

To my thinking, if it is rejected, then it wont ever be able to trigger a reorg of any depth and when the first non-notarized block along that reorging chain appears, then it would reorg to that point.

For dPoW the bulk of the work is in the voting process to elect the notary nodes and getting this election result properly ratified and onto the blockchain. Without a deterministic list of notaries at every blockheight, well, let's just say that we need to have a list of notary addresses that can be precisely calculated as of any blockheight. Not just in realtime (that's the easy part), but at any time.

Given such a list, then the data needed to verify that the notary seal is valid will be available.

I am fixing iguana bugs as the top priority to make sure we can get a stable release out sooner rather than later and only working on the dPoW coding after I am caught up. Sometimes the two overlap, ie iguana support for TAZ and KMD, as now I can integrate iguana into the notary nodes at the localhost layer. This means they dont need to be compiled or linked together and allows for a lot more flexibility. It also minimizes the chance of any bugs in the iguana codebase from directly affecting komodo. We have been testing iguana for a while, but it is a rather large codebase and it is better to design things to handle the iguana side dropping out.

With komodo relying on the equihash PoW to make blocks the old fashioned way, as long as the presence of notarized blocks can be made seamless, then we get the best of both worlds. Enhanced security when the notary nodes are up to date and current, normal security when they are not.

killerjoegreece
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1007

Professional Native Greek Translator (2000+ done)

View Profile WWW
September 14, 2016, 09:07:39 PM
Last edit: September 15, 2016, 08:29:41 AM by killerjoegreece

are there any translation bounties sir?

Reserved. Any bounties?

Hello!

Yes, there will be some bounties. We will translate to all the major languages (4 or 5 translations).

More information about them will be posted in the following days!

This is unfair for the rest of the translators and the community in general and some people that dont understand english very well. I would urge you to reconsider because you may be loosing possible investors...

CoollerOne

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 14, 2016, 09:12:19 PM

Reserved. Any bounties?

Hello!

Yes, there will be some bounties. We will translate to all the major languages (4 or 5 translations).

This is unfair for the rest of the translators and the community in general and some people that dont understand english very well. I would urge you to reconsider because you may be loosing possible investors...
LOL, You made my day man. So you actually demanding to get you a translation bounty? HAHAHA. Please no bounties for anything. If you want some KMD, go ahead and buy on the first ICO day.
PondSea
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 15, 2016, 03:09:21 AM

Reserved. Any bounties?

Hello!

You know what else would be unfair, If the bounty funds were wasted on translations that are not needed just because you feel entitled to it.

░░░░░░░░░▀▀▀█████████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████████
░░░░▄███████▄░░░░████████
░░░░███████████░░░░██████
░░░▀███████████░░░░████░░
███▄░░░░░░░░░░▀████░░░███░░██
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████░░░██░░██
█████████████▄░░████░░░░░
░░█████████████░░█████
░░░░█████████▀░░░██████▌
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀░░░░▄████████▌
░░░░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄███████
SuperNET.org
..BarterDEX..
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
DECENTRALIZED CRYPTOCURRENCY EXCHANGE
Developed to Unite Coin Communities | ✔ SECURE ✔ FREE ✔ VISIBILITY ✔ EASY INTEGRATION |

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

imjustsayintho

Activity: 343
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 15, 2016, 07:52:20 AM

I'm reading the cryptonote white paper.  How does Komodo differ in security than say Monero?  Please help my understanding.

▄████▄▄████▄▄████▄
██████▄██████▄██████
██████▀██████▀██████
▀█████▀████▀▀████▀
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
▄████▄█████▄▄████▄
██████████████████
██████████████████
▀████▀▀████▀▀████▀
░░░░░░░░░▐▌░░░░░░░░░░
▄████▄▄████▄▄████▄
████████████▄██████
████████████▀██████
▀████▀▀████▀▀████▀

▄████▄
██████▄▄▄▄
██████▀▀▀▀
▀████▀

▄████▄
██████
██████
▀█████
░░░░░░
▄████▄░█████▄
██████░██████▄▄▄
██████░██████▀▀▀
▀████▀░█████▀
░░░░░░
▄█████
██████
██████
▀████▀

░░░░▄████▄
▄▄▄▄██████
▀▀▀▀██████
░░░░▀████▀

killerjoegreece
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1007

Professional Native Greek Translator (2000+ done)

View Profile WWW
September 15, 2016, 08:29:55 AM

I wont talk with trolls. The more you feed it... you know... Pm me if you need this dev. That ignore button works wonders Wink
jl777 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 15, 2016, 08:41:02 AM

I'm reading the cryptonote white paper.  How does Komodo differ in security than say Monero?  Please help my understanding.
The anon set for ring signatures is 3 to 10 depending on the setting, which allows a statistical correlation to be created.

zcash anon set is 2^28, which is orders of magnitude larger and makes any statistical correlation meaningless.

That is the privacy aspect.

As far as security, komodo will use bitcoin blockchain to notarize its blockhashes, so its security will be comparable to bitcoins as long as you wait for the blockhash to be notarized. I dont know the comparable hashrate of monero, but compared to > exahash of bitcoin, I doubt it comes close

jukKas

Activity: 364
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 15, 2016, 12:37:05 PM

Hi all!

I have read the thread and you guys seems to have good package with Komodo and there was lot of things that I liked. Although few concerns came up to my mind. I know the whitepaper is not ready yet, but maybe somebody have info already.

- Scalability
If thinking about further, and larger adoption of Komodo usage, how it will handle the rising transaction amounts?
Is it dependent to Bitcoin scalability? Everybody knows it's going to be slow process to scale that platform up.

Dependency with zcash:
So if something goes wrong with the zcash development, and it don't get ready any time soon, it's going to delay the release of Komodo mainnet also, right? In my view, there's discussions about zcash platform and will it be the right thing to do.

Question about BTCD swap:
I understood that all of those 90% of KMD will be sold for BTC/BTCD investors, but how do you guys know how much KMD:s will be given to BTC investors, since you don't know how many BTCD owners will swap in 1 year swapping period? Or do you plan to wait 1 year and then share the percents, when we know how much to give BTC investors and how many to BTCD swappers?

James I have another question.
There are going to be 100 million KMD for ICO
Let's say (in simple way) there are 1000 people who give 1 BTC each. Will they get 100,000 KMD each (100 million / 1000)
and if there are 30000 people who give 1 BTC each they get 3333 KMD each?

In other words all of those 100 million will go to those who buy?

90 % of the Komodo coins are distributed to investors (BTC+BTCD)
10 % will be reserved for development, advisers and bounties

So yes, you got the basic idea! The supply is fixed, but we don't know yet how much money Komodo raises.

Bitcoin
jl777 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 15, 2016, 12:51:55 PM

Hi all!

I have read the thread and you guys seems to have good package with Komodo and there was lot of things that I liked. Although few concerns came up to my mind. I know the whitepaper is not ready yet, but maybe somebody have info already.

- Scalability
If thinking about further, and larger adoption of Komodo usage, how it will handle the rising transaction amounts?
Is it dependent to Bitcoin scalability? Everybody knows it's going to be slow process to scale that platform up.

Dependency with zcash:
So if something goes wrong with the zcash development, and it don't get ready any time soon, it's going to delay the release of Komodo mainnet also, right? In my view, there's discussions about zcash platform and will it be the right thing to do.

I understood that all of those 90% of KMD will be sold for BTC/BTCD investors, but how do you guys know how much KMD:s will be given to BTC investors, since you don't know how many BTCD owners will swap in 1 year swapping period? Or do you plan to wait 1 year and then share the percents, when we know how much to give BTC investors and how many to BTCD swappers?

James I have another question.
There are going to be 100 million KMD for ICO
Let's say (in simple way) there are 1000 people who give 1 BTC each. Will they get 100,000 KMD each (100 million / 1000)
and if there are 30000 people who give 1 BTC each they get 3333 KMD each?

In other words all of those 100 million will go to those who buy?

90 % of the Komodo coins are distributed to investors (BTC+BTCD)
10 % will be reserved for development, advisers and bounties

So yes, you got the basic idea! The supply is fixed, but we don't know yet how much money Komodo raises.

I have factored in bitcoin scalability issues by budgeting significantly increased txfees. So if bitcoin cant manage to increase to 2MB blocksize, then we just pay higher fees. Since komodo will then be doing the bitcoin notarization, other chains/users of dPoW via komodo wont have to worry about the bitcoin side. So komodo should actually moderate the bitcoin scaling problem.

zcash has a beta release now and the other day I made a komodo testnet based on it. Of course if zcash team decides to delay for whatever reason, I would defer to their judgement. They are one very sharp team. While this does create a bit of uncertainity as to when the mainnet can be released, it does justify the early bird bonuses.

We will assume all the BTCD will be redeemed. If after a year it isnt, it would just go into working capital

bitkokos2

Activity: 666
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 15, 2016, 01:07:26 PM

Silly question: PoW uses miners to mine. dPoW is mineable too with miners like SHA256 or Scrypt?
jl777 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 15, 2016, 01:19:42 PM

Silly question: PoW uses miners to mine. dPoW is mineable too with miners like SHA256 or Scrypt?
dPoW combines consensus methods, can be a large variety as long as there is the bitcoin notarization at the end.

komodo specifically uses the same PoW as zcash does, the equihash mining. That is the first layer of consensus, but also the notary nodes can do the delegating staking.

Similar to peercoin that combines PoW and PoS, the dPoW will combine the two methods.

for right now, you can mine on komodo testnet for testnet coins using CPU

Breasal

Activity: 585
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 15, 2016, 01:26:00 PM

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1342065.260

https://blog.okturtles.com/2016/09/how-to-compromise-zcash-and-take-over-the-world/

http://weuse.cash/2016/06/09/btc-xmr-zcash/

How to handle the trusted setup concern/problem?
jl777 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 15, 2016, 01:48:43 PM

If to postulate infinite resources are used against anything, well, how can it have a chance?

I prefer to be realistic and trust that the technical competency of the zcash team is high enough that they wont be fooled into running contaminated compilers, which seems to be the main theory of how zcash will be compromised.

https://z.cash/blog/snark-parameters.html

http://diyhpl.us/~bryan/papers2/bitcoin/snarks/Secure%20sampling%20of%20public%20parameters%20for%20succinct%20zero%20knowledge%20proofs.pdf

There’s a kind of “cryptographic toxic waste”, which if it were to be created and exploited, would allow the attacker to counterfeit currency (although it wouldn’t allow them to violate anyone’s privacy). Our plan to prevent that uses a secure multiparty computation in which a set of well-known people each contribute, in such a way that if any one of them successfully destroys their shard, then the cryptographic toxic waste can never come into existence. We’re also working on other potential long-term defenses against risks like this.

My assessment is that the probability of zcash parameters being compromised are much smaller than ring signatures being deanonymized via brute force statistical correlations.

You need to put things in perspective. Knowing the zcash devs, I put zero probability that ALL of them are govt operatives. And it would require all of them to be cooperating. So, what is required is that all of their systems are compromised without their knowing about it. Now there are not just the average joe computer users, they are arguably the most skilled in the field and all of them will be fooled into using compromised setups?

Please, let us be realistic. Even in this horror of horrors, we end up with a situation that is similar to fiat system where new supply is created without controls. However, anybody with the resources to do this can already print money and the failure mode is not loss of privacy, but loss of control over the money supply.

So, using the logic that an uneconomic attack is not a real attack, I dont worry much about this "attack" vector. By the way, if we ignore uneconomic attacks, all of crypto is vulnerable as you can brute force every single privkey given enough resources, might take a few decades and the entire output of the silicon industry, but when costs dont matter, such details can be ignored

Also, based on the initial market price point we are seeing on bitmex, most people are not overly concerned over this. Basically anybody that is willing to use any centralized system is taking much much greater risks than this "compromise zcash" attack chances

tl:dr I trust daira will not generate params on a compromised setup

Sam123

Activity: 980
Merit: 502

View Profile
September 15, 2016, 05:20:07 PM

Following this project with interest. Where I can read the whitepaper?
yassin54
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 15, 2016, 05:21:44 PM

very soon!!
jl777 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 15, 2016, 06:34:03 PM

Starting https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1605144.msg16245305#msg16245305 I explain various technical aspects. I submitted draft whitepaper for review already, but not sure how long it will be

KomodoPlatform

Activity: 784
Merit: 253

Set Your Ideas Free

View Profile WWW
September 15, 2016, 06:52:27 PM

Hi all!

The more BTC gets invested, the higher the percent they get will be. Only after the ICO ends we can calculate how many KMD coins goes to the BTC investors and how many to BTCD investors. Likewise we can calculate the KMD/BTC and KMD/BTCD exchange rates only after the ICO.

Like James already said, we must assume all the BTCD will be swapped and reserve enough KMD tokens for them.

White paper is coming! We recommend joining our newsletter, so you won't miss it!

www.komodoplatform.com <- to join the newsletter
steemit.com/@komodoplatform <- Also follow us on Steemit!

◈▣ KOMODO ● Set Your Ideas Free ▣◈
.......AECOSYSTEFONATIVE BLOCKCHAINS.......
Blockchain Generator | Atomic Swaps | Decentralized Exchange | UTXO Contracts | Community-Led | Open Source | Scalable Ecosystem
LiskEnterprise

Activity: 268
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 15, 2016, 07:15:48 PM

Does SuperNet NAV hold Zcash?

http://heatledger.com LIVE ICO 3.0 GENERATION CRYPTO WITH COMPANY STOCK IPO OPTIONS
KomodoPlatform

Activity: 784
Merit: 253

Set Your Ideas Free

View Profile WWW
September 15, 2016, 07:44:07 PM

We have created a Facebook page! Like us!  Kiss

> > Komodo Facebook < <

◈▣ KOMODO ● Set Your Ideas Free ▣◈
.......AECOSYSTEFONATIVE BLOCKCHAINS.......
Blockchain Generator | Atomic Swaps | Decentralized Exchange | UTXO Contracts | Community-Led | Open Source | Scalable Ecosystem
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 ... 878 »
  Print  

Jump to: