Bitcoin Forum
March 29, 2024, 09:08:19 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 [46] 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 ... 878 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][KMD][dPoW] Komodo - An Open, Composable Smart Chain Platform, Secured by B  (Read 1191662 times)
KomodoPlatform

Activity: 784
Merit: 253

Set Your Ideas Free

View Profile WWW
September 29, 2016, 10:04:48 PM

Like PondSea said, the information in the GUI is just some random characters. No real BTC transaction took place.

So, in real there will be ordinary BTC addresses? Huh

Iguana is not Komodo.

Iguana is a multiwallet where you can store and send multible different cryptocurrencies, like BTC and KMD.

If you send BTC from your Iguana client it will be send out just like it would from any other bitcoin wallet! Likewise with all the other supported cryptocurrencies.

I hope this answered your guestion.

Best regards

◈▣ KOMODO ● Set Your Ideas Free ▣◈
.......AECOSYSTEFONATIVE BLOCKCHAINS.......
Blockchain Generator | Atomic Swaps | Decentralized Exchange | UTXO Contracts | Community-Led | Open Source | Scalable Ecosystem
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
KomodoPlatform

Set Your Ideas Free

View Profile WWW
September 29, 2016, 10:24:29 PM
Last edit: September 30, 2016, 08:01:15 AM by KomodoPlatform

A New Bounty!

Komodo needs a Reddit page! We need someone to make it pretty with CSS.

The bounty will be 0.25 BTC, paid after the ICO in KMD.

Interested? Send a PM!

EDIT: bounty taken

Blockchain Generator | Atomic Swaps | Decentralized Exchange | UTXO Contracts | Community-Led | Open Source | Scalable Ecosystem
DaddyH

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 30, 2016, 07:00:23 AM

Time for a simpleton question; what advantages does this have over Zcash (I know its using Zcash)? How does this benefit the user?

◇◆  STRATIS  ◇  BLOCKCHAIN SOLUTIONS  ◆◇
◇◇◆ BLOCKCHAIN AS A SERVICE [BAAS] PRIVATE CHAINS ◆◇◇
| FULL NODE GITHUB | STRATIS WEBSITE | FORUM THREAD |
KomodoPlatform

Set Your Ideas Free

View Profile WWW
September 30, 2016, 08:27:41 AM

Time for a simpleton question; what advantages does this have over Zcash (I know its using Zcash)? How does this benefit the user?

Privacy wise they are the same. However with Komodo we also have the dPoW functionality and it will possibly integrate to the other SuperNET services. For example Iguana technology needs BTCD, but in the future it will be Komodo. Thus SuperNET will create some demand for the currency. SuperNET needs a good privacy technology.

In any case, we don't see ourselves competing with Zcash. We are both open source projects, and every project should have a way to increase its privacy. Let's hope there are many more use cases for Zcash technology!

Here's what jl777 sad about this earlier:

I want to address the issue of "competition with zcash"
There is none.

open source projects are open source in the hopes that other projects utilize it, build on it, maybe even grant back improvements. That is exactly what komodo is doing. Utilizing zcash, building on it and we will of course gladly give back any and all improvements zcash team deems worthy. They are not going to be doing GUI for a while, so maybe we can contribute a dual ZEC/KMD GUI. And if they want to, they can even just strip out the KMD part of the GUI, but they dont strike me as that type.

I have also extended an offer for the 5% staking revenues from the zkp protected funds as there is no way to calculate anything but the aggregate amount in protected form. So this interest can either just extend the coin emission, or it can be donated to the zcash team. So far no interest in this from them. Probably since they are well funded and will be making a ton of money with the ZEC, which I expect to be a game changer in crypto.

The history of zcash starts with zerocoin that Dr. Matt Green wanted to have bitcoin adopt. Well, that didnt get very far... So there is now a zcash company that is creating a bitcoin compatible + zcash combo. Are they doing it with a profit motive? It doesnt look like it to me, they want the zkp tech to be disseminated far and wide. And they are only making money if ZEC becomes worth a lot. Money is nice and pays the bills, but that does not appear to be the primary motivation.

Being adopted by major projects is exactly what creates the big value to the original fork. And being adopted by major projects disseminates the zkp tech far and wide. After komodo's example, my guess is that there will be many other zcash forks so komodo will just be the first of many.

KomodoPlatform

Set Your Ideas Free

View Profile WWW
September 30, 2016, 08:50:04 AM

An another Bounty!

We are looking for someone to post and maintain the Spanish Komodo thread! We will pay 0.05 BTC bounty. The bounty will be paid in KMD after the ICO, as usual.

If interested send a PM!

bioly

Activity: 200

View Profile
September 30, 2016, 09:01:19 AM

I can make Polish translation and maintain the topic, pm if you are intrested
super55

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 30, 2016, 10:04:06 AM

This coin have a very interesting features.
But my questions is...How do the Big Corporations wanted to work with the Komodo development team, if you guys remain anonymous?

Maybe you guys can have a visible spoke person to represent Komodo in the conferences/media/news later in the future?....just a suggestion

jl777 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1109

View Profile WWW
September 30, 2016, 10:52:24 AM

But my questions is...How do the Big Corporations wanted to work with the Komodo development team, if you guys remain anonymous?

Maybe you guys can have a visible spoke person to represent Komodo in the conferences/media/news later in the future?....just a suggestion

With funds available for hiring people, things like that are definitely possible.

With the coming proliferation of blockchains, services that enhance/enable blockchains will become more and more in demand.

While a lot of people associate privacy with black activities, it is the corporations that need privacy most of all. Conducting business on a transparent blockchain is just, well, just silly for any company in a competitive environment.

Also, I am creating the tech so that there is no need for business contracts in order to do business with komodo. Just use komodo. After all, has any bitcoin company had to sign contracts with bitcoin to use bitcoin?

If komodo represents the most cost effective way to secure data via the bitcoin hashrate that also happens to have zcash tech, then wont companies that care about costs just start using it?

With the funded DEX LP nodes providing low spread conversions to and from KMD across a large range of other cryptos, I aim to enable 1% or less round trip costs in and out of KMD. This will allow otherwise transparent crypto holdings to be made private with minimal costs. In my experience, businesses like to get the best value for their money, so that is what I am working to create.

http://www.digitalcatallaxy.com/report2015.html
100+ page annual report for SuperNET
super55

View Profile
September 30, 2016, 11:08:34 AM

With funds available for hiring people, things like that are definitely possible.

With the coming proliferation of blockchains, services that enhance/enable blockchains will become more and more in demand.

While a lot of people associate privacy with black activities, it is the corporations that need privacy most of all. Conducting business on a transparent blockchain is just, well, just silly for any company in a competitive environment.

Also, I am creating the tech so that there is no need for business contracts in order to do business with komodo. Just use komodo. After all, has any bitcoin company had to sign contracts with bitcoin to use bitcoin?

If komodo represents the most cost effective way to secure data via the bitcoin hashrate that also happens to have zcash tech, then wont companies that care about costs just start using it?

With the funded DEX LP nodes providing low spread conversions to and from KMD across a large range of other cryptos, I aim to enable 1% or less round trip costs in and out of KMD. This will allow otherwise transparent crypto holdings to be made private with minimal costs. In my experience, businesses like to get the best value for their money, so that is what I am working to create.

Sound like a solid plans for the future...cool   Smiley

yassin54
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 30, 2016, 11:36:22 AM

Please everybody dont forget Support Thunderclap!!!

tombtc

Activity: 471

View Profile
September 30, 2016, 12:23:48 PM

Is having BTCD better than buying into ICO? i mean is there any better rate or something or will that be balanced?
syberwolfen

Activity: 790
Merit: 261

View Profile
September 30, 2016, 02:04:03 PM

hi I look on multiple thread but
didn t see how exactly the swap will be done if all my coin in btcd are on bittrex

thanks

Am I spamming? Report me!
KomodoPlatform

Set Your Ideas Free

View Profile WWW
September 30, 2016, 04:06:37 PM

Is having BTCD better than buying into ICO? i mean is there any better rate or something or will that be balanced?

It depends on what the BTCD price is. Both get a bonus, described in the #2 comment of this post.

More info in this article also: https://steemit.com/komodo/@komodoplatform/komodo-ico-questions-and-answers

hi I look on multiple thread but
didn t see how exactly the swap will be done if all my coin in btcd are on bittrex

thanks

The swap will happen after the ICO. We haven't published any detailed info about it yet.

However, if you have BTCD we strongly recommend you to send them to a local wallet, where you have full control over your keys. As a BTCD holder you are entitled to a revenue share asset also. To get that you need to have the privatekey. We will provide publish a guide about this little later.

ohweoh

Activity: 34
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 01, 2016, 01:25:53 AM

I dont think whitepapers get released this close to ICO dates.
CryptoMrM

Activity: 722
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 01, 2016, 02:23:53 AM

Just read every page of this thread. What a read. So many opinions, lots of trolls.

I was just wondering about the comparison between Zcash and Komodo. I know you say that you're not directly competing (maybe this is a front, so excuse my lack of interpretation) and that Komodo will likely be LTC to BTC in comparison. However it seems to me that Komodo will have significant funding, a great team, yourself, the existing infrastructure you have built, dPoW as added security, a none US entity (good or bad thing), a working fancy GUI... Lots of things that Zcash will be lacking. Does this not merit it being even better than Zcash or a better alternative?

Thanks.
jd1959

Activity: 529
Merit: 505

I'm on drugs, what's your excuse?

View Profile
October 01, 2016, 02:41:04 AM

You must not have witnessed enough ICO's. 1) hype  it up  2) hype it up some more 3) Flog it to the punter's. It's SOP (standard operating procedure) in the crypto world.

Cheers Jon  Grin

dICO Disguised Instant Cash Out
Script3d

Activity: 1232
Merit: 503

View Profile
October 01, 2016, 04:34:51 AM

Would be this altcoin success fully just asking?
would this beat etheruem i dont nothing about these kinds of things
PondSea
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 01, 2016, 05:44:21 AM

The white paper will be released soon for all to read.

Just read every page of this thread. What a read. So many opinions, lots of trolls.

I was just wondering about the comparison between Zcash and Komodo. I know you say that you're not directly competing (maybe this is a front, so excuse my lack of interpretation) and that Komodo will likely be LTC to BTC in comparison. However it seems to me that Komodo will have significant funding, a great team, yourself, the existing infrastructure you have built, dPoW as added security, a none US entity (good or bad thing), a working fancy GUI... Lots of things that Zcash will be lacking. Does this not merit it being even better than Zcash or a better alternative?

Thanks.

What James has always said is that we should be competing with fiat and not with each other and i think it shows in the answers he provides.

I personally think that we are a better alternative to Zcash as we are taking the best parts of everything it offers and combining it with dPoW.

░░░░░░░░░▀▀▀█████████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████████
░░░░▄███████▄░░░░████████
░░░░███████████░░░░██████
░░░▀███████████░░░░████░░
███▄░░░░░░░░░░▀████░░░███░░██
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████░░░██░░██
█████████████▄░░████░░░░░
░░█████████████░░█████
░░░░█████████▀░░░██████▌
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀░░░░▄████████▌
░░░░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄███████
SuperNET.org
..BarterDEX..
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
DECENTRALIZED CRYPTOCURRENCY EXCHANGE
Developed to Unite Coin Communities | ✔ SECURE ✔ FREE ✔ VISIBILITY ✔ EASY INTEGRATION |

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

super55

View Profile
October 01, 2016, 06:43:50 AM

By the way, Komodo have 2 kind of transactions right?
One is "normal transaction" & and one is "anonymous transaction"... is this correct?

KomodoPlatform

Set Your Ideas Free

View Profile WWW
October 01, 2016, 06:58:07 AM

By the way, Komodo have 2 kind of transactions right?
One is "normal transaction" & and one is "anonymous transaction"... is this correct?

Yes, that is correct. It's just like in Zcash.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 [46] 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 ... 878 »
  Print  

Jump to: