Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 05:40:22 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 [47] 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 ... 878 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][KMD][dPoW] Komodo - An Open, Composable Smart Chain Platform, Secured by B  (Read 1191683 times)
super55

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 01, 2016, 07:10:52 AM

By the way, Komodo have 2 kind of transactions right?
One is "normal transaction" & and one is "anonymous transaction"... is this correct?

Yes, that is correct. It's just like in Zcash.

Ok, thanks  Smiley

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
StratisKing

Activity: 938
Merit: 511

View Profile
October 01, 2016, 08:38:38 AM

Komodo Chinese OP has been done, enjoy!   Cheesy Cheesy  Good luck with the ICO.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1632410
yassin54
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 01, 2016, 08:39:33 AM

Komodo Chinese OP has been done, enjoy!   Cheesy Cheesy  Good luck with the ICO.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1632410
Thank you!!  Cool
Jabbawa

Activity: 179

View Profile
October 01, 2016, 09:50:12 AM

The project does sound interesting, but with anonymous dev I'm afraid I''m out.

Shame, I was looking forward to this one.

You won't raise really big numbers anonymously. There's no way I'd invest a lot of btc without having some way to hold the lead dev accountable. I guess you will still raise a fair amount, but nowhere near what you could have done imo.
indiancoder

Activity: 82
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 01, 2016, 09:52:57 AM

When will whitepaper be released? I can't wait.   Cheesy
kjadB

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 01, 2016, 10:48:05 AM

You won't raise really big numbers anonymously. There's no way I'd invest a lot of btc without having some way to hold the lead dev accountable. I guess you will still raise a fair amount, but nowhere near what you could have done imo.

jl777 has nearly three years of reputation established, being anon is an advantage ... can't be closed down, so far less regulatory risk
Jabbawa

Activity: 179

View Profile
October 01, 2016, 11:47:07 AM

jl777 has nearly three years of reputation established, being anon is an advantage ... can't be closed down, so far less regulatory risk

It's a also a history of incomplete projects, building one ICO on top of another with promises of future functionality and utility at every step that have never been delivered.

I'm not saying this is just ICO milking, but anonymity is certainly not an advantage in this case imo. I can only speak from my own perspective, but I would have put a lot into a project like this, now at best I'd throw a bitcoin or two at it. I'm sure I'm not the only one.
barbierir

Activity: 515
Merit: 502

View Profile WWW
October 01, 2016, 12:05:20 PM

It's a also a history of incomplete projects, building one ICO on top of another with promises of future functionality and utility at every step that have never been delivered.

FUD... why don't you make an example of abandoned project and repeated ICOs ?  James has been working hard and Supernet is taking shape as promised. I am a happy investor.

◈▣ KOMODO ● Set Your Ideas Free ▣◈
.......AN ECOSYSTEM FOR NATIVE BLOCKCHAINS.......
Blockchain Generator | Decentralized Crowdfunding | Decentralized Exchange | Bitcoin Security | Zero-Knowledge Proofs | Blockchain Interoperability | Scalable Infrastructure
jl777 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1132

View Profile WWW
October 01, 2016, 12:16:55 PM

Just read every page of this thread. What a read. So many opinions, lots of trolls.

I was just wondering about the comparison between Zcash and Komodo. I know you say that you're not directly competing (maybe this is a front, so excuse my lack of interpretation) and that Komodo will likely be LTC to BTC in comparison. However it seems to me that Komodo will have significant funding, a great team, yourself, the existing infrastructure you have built, dPoW as added security, a none US entity (good or bad thing), a working fancy GUI... Lots of things that Zcash will be lacking. Does this not merit it being even better than Zcash or a better alternative?

Thanks.
zcash has a great team and has done an incredible job putting the zksnarks into bitcoin protocol and they will be continually improving the tech at that level. So it is more like an Apple and Intel "competitition". Does Apple compete with Intel?

i wouldnt say it does. Apple uses the intel processors, along with many others. And Intel does make their own computers, so the analogy is pretty close

I think what people get caught up in is the financial aspect, but when dealing with crypto currencies it isnt exactly like a consumer product. The network effect  is one of the most powerful things and the more the zcash protocol is used, the more valuable zcash is. it is not purely a cashflow thing when what your "product"  can be used as money.

Money is worth more when more people use it. Now we can split hairs and say if people are using KMD they are not using ZEC, but if you look at the protocol level, both are using zcash.

Looking at the big picture, think about what the effect on zcash would have been had KMD chosen cryptonote tech to use. I think we are in a stage where the industry standards are still not decided on privacy tech. The protocol that gets selected will allocate massive future valuations to the entities that are at the cutting edge of that protocol.

Using the Intel analogy, if you go back in time, once there was a battle between Intel and Motorola in the very early days of CPU. The "protocol" in this case is the CPU instruction set, little endian vs big endian, opcodes, etc. And Intel ended up with the winning protocol so over the decades, Intel grew massively while Motorola languished. When Apple switched to Intel CPU, that was basically the end of the Motorola CPU as far as any meaningful marketshare.

Mapping this to the crypto space, we are in a similar stage. Other than bitcoin, things are all potential and we dont have the mass market version yet. Without privacy, corporations wont use crypto for anything other than petty cash. Looking forward it will be hard to stop the proliferation of crypto based products, just as it wasnt possible to stop the proliferation of CPU based products. How many products have a CPU inside them now? That is a rough estimate to the number of blockchains we will have in the future.

This is why I am working hard to standardize on as much as possible. The bitcoin hashrate to secure all the blockchains. The zcash protocol for privacy. Atomic cross chain swaps for interop. But all this is "under the hood" tech that the fancy GUI will hide from the end user. In one sense it is invisible, but it is as important as the selection of CPU and protocol stack. There are no governing standards bodies, so the standardization needs to emerge from the adoption.

I hope you can better understand why I dont see komodo as competing with zcash.

http://www.digitalcatallaxy.com/report2015.html
100+ page annual report for SuperNET
jl777 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 01, 2016, 12:33:42 PM

Quote from: Jabbawa link=topic=1605144.msg16421629#msg16421629
building one ICO on top of another with promises of future functionality and utility at every step that have never been delivered.
I am eager to find out all the ICO I have done, other than SuperNET ICO.

Did you forget that I did not launch BTCD. That most of the NXT assets are either MGW coin assets, or assets that were given out for free as dividends to those that held SuperNET or NXTventure?

That a few of my assets are simple holding assets, that are there to hold other assets. One of my so-called failed assets "jl777hodl" has only quadrupled in value and currently has 200 siafund, worth over 500 BTC.

You make it sound like i have done dozens of ICO, each for millions of dollars and not delivered anything. Instead of the truth that the SuperNET ICO is the only real ICO that was done and most of its capital is locked up in holdings, so I dont have the right to spend large amount of funds to spend to develop things. I do have access to a few millions of dollars of funds that I havent stolen for all this time, rather I have worked to grow its value with shrewd investments. Compensating for an 80% drop in the value of NXT has not been easy task.

MGW has been developed, completed, delivered and deployed and was the first asset based DEX that finally the rest of the industry is making comparable things to. 2 years later.

I created iguana that uses an append only data structure for storing the blockchain and guess who is planning to do the same thing in a future bitcoin release? Yes, blockstream's bitcoin core group is now saying that using a database is not the way to go and it is better to use an append only dataset, which is what my ramchains has been doing.

It is true that I havent finished all the projects that I said I would finish, like pangea. However that wasnt even my project and when it ran into trouble I agreed to do the core work for it. total amount I raised in the pangea ICO is zero. In fact, I put my money into the pangea project.

I am involved in a lot of projects? Yes. I do help other projects, including but not limited to pure crypto projects as I have even contributed to nanomsg. Also to the zcash project, btcforks, heat, waves, SYS and many others I dont even remember. Do I do an ICO for all of these? Is it somehow a bad thing that I am able to help a broad spectrum of other projects? Usually I do it as a volunteer. Sometimes, I invest in a project and then have an incentive to help it out. Is that a bad thing?

External events created a delay and I had to develop iguana tech from scratch: https://bitco.in/forum/forums/iguana.23/

It has a dedicated section in the bitco.in forum with a lot of posts as to all the tech that I supposedly havent done.

Anyway, if you are going to troll me, maybe you are better off trying to find some sort of sex scandal? It seems you will have a better chance

bocah

Activity: 30
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 01, 2016, 12:39:03 PM

Translation?
jl777 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 01, 2016, 12:57:00 PM

https://github.com/jl777/komodo

We need a bit more help to get the blocktimes on testnet down as low as possible. It is running in the "no notary node" mode right now and the best I have seen is ~2 minutes per block. Granted we dont expect to be running KMD in this mode, but it would be nice to verify that we can achieve the 1 minute time if there is any need to run in the "no notary mode" configuration for any extended period of time.

The readme has instructions on how to get it built. If you can build bitcoin and zcash, you will be able to get komodo built.

It is expected that right after genesis and prior to the slate of notary nodes being selected, KMD will be running in the "no notary node" condition as there wont be any officially elected notary nodes. We then hold the election, these results will be posted as a special transaction which then activates the notary nodes. Then things switchover to where the notary nodes are making most of the blocks.

super55

Activity: 196

View Profile
October 01, 2016, 01:19:42 PM

building one ICO on top of another with promises of future functionality and utility at every step that have never been delivered.

Did you forget that I did not launch BTCD. That most of the NXT assets are either MGW coin assets, or assets that were given out for free as dividends to those that held SuperNET or NXTventure?

That a few of my assets are simple holding assets, that are there to hold other assets. One of my so-called failed assets "jl777hodl" has only quadrupled in value and currently has 200 siafund, worth over 500 BTC.

You make it sound like i have done dozens of ICO, each for millions of dollars and not delivered anything. Instead of the truth that the SuperNET ICO is the only real ICO that was done and most of its capital is locked up in holdings, so I dont have the right to spend large amount of funds to spend to develop things. I do have access to a few millions of dollars of funds that I havent stolen for all this time, rather I have worked to grow its value with shrewd investments. Compensating for an 80% drop in the value of NXT has not been easy task.

MGW has been developed, completed, delivered and deployed and was the first asset based DEX that finally the rest of the industry is making comparable things to. 2 years later.

I created iguana that uses an append only data structure for storing the blockchain and guess who is planning to do the same thing in a future bitcoin release? Yes, blockstream's bitcoin core group is now saying that using a database is not the way to go and it is better to use an append only dataset, which is what my ramchains has been doing.

It is true that I havent finished all the projects that I said I would finish, like pangea. However that wasnt even my project and when it ran into trouble I agreed to do the core work for it. total amount I raised in the pangea ICO is zero. In fact, I put my money into the pangea project.

I am involved in a lot of projects? Yes. I do help other projects, including but not limited to pure crypto projects as I have even contributed to nanomsg. Also to the zcash project, btcforks, heat, waves, SYS and many others I dont even remember. Do I do an ICO for all of these? Is it somehow a bad thing that I am able to help a broad spectrum of other projects? Usually I do it as a volunteer. Sometimes, I invest in a project and then have an incentive to help it out. Is that a bad thing?

External events created a delay and I had to develop iguana tech from scratch: https://bitco.in/forum/forums/iguana.23/

It has a dedicated section in the bitco.in forum with a lot of posts as to all the tech that I supposedly havent done.

Anyway, if you are going to troll me, maybe you are better off trying to find some sort of sex scandal? It seems you will have a better chance

Thanks for a very detail explanation of your past projects....It nice to have a professional & cool headed Dev running this project  Smiley
I thinks most of misunderstand coming from misinformation or just from plain ignorant (trolls).

And helping out on other projects just show your good characters, so no worries...plus we do need to help each other out in this Cryto World  Smiley

jl777 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 01, 2016, 01:36:49 PM

Thanks for a very detail explanation of your past projects....It nice to have a professional & cool headed Dev running this project  Smiley
I thinks most of misunderstand coming from misinformation or just from plain ignorant (trolls).

And helping out on other projects just show your good characters, so no worries...plus we do need to help each other out in this Cryto World  Smiley

Thanks!

Yes, we do need to help as we can. When the BTCforks project asked me to help, one of the first issues was how to avoid a replay attack like one that ETC fork enabled. My experience of writing an entire bitcoin protocol from scratch for iguana has educated me in all the arcane details of how bitcoin works.

Some bitcoin devs were saying it wasnt possible to avoid but I immediately saw a way to do it as I had just recently battled against creating properly signed bitcoin transactions:

https://steemit.com/bitcoin/@jl777/bitcoin-spinoff-fork-how-to-make-a-clean-fork-without-any-replay-attack-and-no-blockchain-visible-changes

Now a lot of weight is given to college degrees, in job interviews. The reason for this is that it is a shorthand for knowing the basics. But given the choice between someone with a degree and no experience versus one with highly relevant experience, most smart companies would hire the one with experience. Better to have someone who we know has solved the real world problems versus one that theoretically will be able to.

yassin54
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 01, 2016, 02:06:15 PM

Komodo ICO begins in 14 days, on 15th October, are you ready?

KomodoPlatform

Activity: 784
Merit: 253

Set Your Ideas Free

View Profile WWW
October 01, 2016, 02:27:11 PM

When will whitepaper be released? I can't wait.   Cheesy

Very soon! Smiley

Did you miss our campaign? https://www.thunderclap.it/projects/47720-delayed-proof-of-work?locale=en

The campaign is about the white paper and spreading information about dPoW! We want the whole crypto space to now about dPoW!

It is in in the best interest of all future Komodo holders to spread information about our platform! We want other blockchain projects to secure their own blockchain via Komodo.

Thus sign-up and help us spread the word!

Translation?

Yes, we had translation bounties. If we have any future bounties we will announce them in this thread, so everyone has an equal chance to participate.

Currently there is one bounty for a native Spanish speaker: publish & maintain the Spanish Komodo thread. PM if anyone is interested!

◈▣ KOMODO ● Set Your Ideas Free ▣◈
.......AECOSYSTEFONATIVE BLOCKCHAINS.......
Blockchain Generator | Atomic Swaps | Decentralized Exchange | UTXO Contracts | Community-Led | Open Source | Scalable Ecosystem
jl777 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 01, 2016, 04:25:44 PM
Last edit: October 01, 2016, 04:40:29 PM by jl777

Now we are getting closer to ICO launch, we need to start preparing for election of notary nodes.

If you are interested in running one of the notary nodes and get the ~$500 per month, then you need to start "campaigning" to get the votes of the investors. I am not talking about the normal politics campaign, but this is about running the backbone of dPoW. So what will matter is your experience in running serious servers.

We can also use the testnet KMD as one metric in evaluating a notary node. Clearly if you are mining testnet KMD, you are running a node, which is a prerequisite.

So, post your handle, the geographic region of where your server will be hosted, how much testnet KMD you have mined, relevant experience and whatever other info you feel is helpful for the electorate to know. The vast majority of the 3KMD per block reward is expected to go to the notary nodes and if the market price of the 1/64th share is less than $500/mo, the BTC from ICO will be used to make up the difference.

Before voting begins, we will have a notary node certification results that will also be included on the ballot.

Server specs are a min. of 64GB RAM + 500GB SSD and 100mbps bandwidth

We have arbitrarily segregated the world into 4 regions: North America, Europe, Asia, Southern Hemisphere

I know this is not exact, but it is approx distribution of overall internet usage with some debate over eastern europe as to whether it should be in the Europe region or Asia region. I will let the electorate decide on such distinctions. A single notary node operator can run a max of 1 node per region, for a total of 4. However, each notary node needs to be elected in its region, eg be one of the top 16 vote getters per region.

One of the requirements to running a notary node is to monitor the #notarynode channel in the SuperNET slack. That is where realtime updates and issues will be communicated

If there is someone that can create a simple website for notary node candidates to post their info, I can probable get some sort of bounty for it. ANYBODY can be a notary node candidate, but all notary nodes must be elected with sufficient stakeholder power to win a spot. This is a crucial aspect and one of the reasons for a large ICO, so that we get as broad of an investor base as possible to make obtaining a 51% control as difficult as possible.

While nobody will get rich running even 4 notary nodes, it should be a nice bit of extra income to those that do run it as most of the work is to just make sure the server keeps running and to update to the latest versions.

BadAss.Sx
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1002

Bulletproof VPS/VPN/Email @ BadAss.Sx

View Profile WWW
October 01, 2016, 04:26:44 PM

I am prepared to be one of the european notary nodes available...please vote for me Smiley

I already runs servers for James in my bulletproof DC in Holland. Servers are directly connected to the AMS-IX backbone. I am willing to invest in this.

JL777, BTCDEV and others can vouch for me as i have an incredible service and connection. Please check my trust rate on BCT.
I am willing to take part of the testnet.

Hopefully people vote for me when voting is taking place
VanBreuk

Activity: 460

View Profile
October 01, 2016, 04:56:14 PM
Last edit: October 01, 2016, 07:33:27 PM by VanBreuk

I'd like to apply to run a Komodo Notary Node in European zone, and if there's not enough applications to cover all the slots in the other geographical areas, I'd like to be considered to run an additional KNN in the zones where it is needed as well.

I've been operating high-end servers for several cryptocurrency platforms during the last couple years, most specially in Nxt and SuperNET, including Multigateway servers, Iguana nodes and other services and tools for different communities.

Currently I work regularly in Iguana testing and I have configured several Komodo nodes running in testnet, so I think I have enough understanding of the system and I have a proven trust record as systems operator.

Thank you for your consideration.
bitcoinuserz

Activity: 360

View Profile
October 01, 2016, 04:58:46 PM

I can run asian node. I also ran Lisk DPoS testnet for a month(with about 97% uptime) and know what to do for monitoring nodes. I will set up some scripts for monitoring too.  Grin

Korean Chinese Translator

Professional Korean translator.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 [47] 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 ... 878 »
  Print  

Jump to: