Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 05:36:43 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 [114] 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 ... 878 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][KMD][dPoW] Komodo - An Open, Composable Smart Chain Platform, Secured by B  (Read 1191683 times)
KomodoPlatform

Activity: 784
Merit: 253

Set Your Ideas Free

View Profile WWW
November 07, 2016, 08:46:13 PM

Iguana GUI update by boogieman

The GUI update:
1. 0.1.1 release
Though we decided to switch to Angular, we still try to keep to the deadlines and release.
So in 0.1.1 we mainly closed some bugs and made up some code and view optimizations:
- Fixed add-wallet bug with modal
- Fixed price on Dashboard page bug
- Fixed rates update
- Fixed Create Wallet Flow
- Optimized modals for tablet view
2.  As Angular rework will take some time we decided to break the features upgrade steadily until the next major release which will be devoted to KOMODO mainnet launch.
So we are a bit ahead with user stories and mockups with @antonleogky. As we were a bit pressed by the first release deadline, we omitted some cool features in UX/UI, so now we are putting them up.
https://files.slack.com/files-pri/T02LAJBUW-F2XH6E5QR/__________________________2016-11-04____1.37.14_____.png
3. Have something cool for Iguana Update blog, so stay tuned, will publish tomorrow.

Big up!

Iguana is a cryptocurrency multiwallet, and thus it can also be used to send/receive Komodo in transparent mode. Satinder Grewal is developing EasyDEX GUI, which will allow those coins to be traded on a decentralized exchange. Just few days ago we published a new whitepaper about it. EasyDEX GUI can also be used to send Komodo's anonymous payments.

https://github.com/SuperNETorg/Iguana-GUI/releases

There are multiple different projects under SuperNET, but they all are connected in some ways, and they all leverage from each other. In this case there are even two different GUI teams, but those too work together whenever it is possible.

Iguana's back-end is really the thing that is powering everything we do. Here's a quote from jl777:

There are some questions about how iguana relates to komodo.

I have been working on a single codebase for the last 2 years. It is usually about 100,000 lines of C, though it fluctuates in size as I deprecate parts that I am able to improve and of course I am always adding to it.

Basically all my crypto code goes into the iguana codebase and docs.supernet.org shows the external API set. However, there is a lot more functionality that is purely internal. Think of it as a wide ranging toolkit that has code to do pretty much anything related to crypto and even some things that are just OS independent ways of dealing with large realtime datasets and networking.

One of the things komodo needs are notary nodes. Inside iguana there is support for special purpose relays. So, what I did was create an instance of these iguana relays and customized it to be notary nodes. I extracted the lowest level pubkey messaging and the notary nodes now support just this. However, creating a p2p network is not exactly a matter of a simple function call, so I also created a special coin called "NOTARY". This is a coin without a blockchain and I made it so I can use the existing iguana peer management to spawn the notary nodes network.

As you can see, there is no simple way to explain how iguana relates to komodo. I will be adding voting support into the notary nodes and they will inject into the komodo network special "notarized" messages using an extended bitcoin protocol. Ths way, the amount of code that has to go inside the komodo is minimized and the less code there is, the less bugs.

One benefit of splitting out the NOTARY functionality is now, the DEX code can be run on even a basilisk node, which means you can run an LP node on a basilisk instance for a coin, though probably best to have a full iguana node if you will be competing with the realtime auctions.

I made some simple scripts that allows a node to add itself to the NOTARY network either as a notary node or as a client. For the voting, all the stakeholders would connect to the NOTARY network and vote. I came up with an interesting way to do the voting for the notary nodes that allows anybody to join as a candidate node, but only the nodes with the most votes will be actively participating in the block generation. I still need to finish coding it, but it avoids the problem of notary nodes creating blocks with the info that elects notary nodes. I also think it can be made to be near realtime performance, though I need to get it running first to verify its performance level.

Once we can get a validated and ranked list of notary nodes, then it will be possible to write the komodo side code that accepts the notarized messages.

◈▣ KOMODO ● Set Your Ideas Free ▣◈
.......AECOSYSTEFONATIVE BLOCKCHAINS.......
Blockchain Generator | Atomic Swaps | Decentralized Exchange | UTXO Contracts | Community-Led | Open Source | Scalable Ecosystem
Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
KomodoPlatform

Set Your Ideas Free

View Profile WWW
November 07, 2016, 08:50:39 PM

Through how many after the ICO, the coin will be released on the exchange?

We will distribute the coins ~ 2 weeks after the ICO. We don't know when the exchanges will list us, you will have to ask them about it!

Blockchain Generator | Atomic Swaps | Decentralized Exchange | UTXO Contracts | Community-Led | Open Source | Scalable Ecosystem
yassin54
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 07, 2016, 08:59:51 PM

Iguana GUI version 0.1.1 released!

anewafresh

Activity: 131
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 08, 2016, 01:27:57 PM

We will distribute the coins ~ 2 weeks after the ICO. We don't know when the exchanges will list us, you will have to ask them about it!

How much time will be allowed for the BTCD swap after the ICO? Since distribution is planned within 2 weeks of the ICO, all BTCD swaps should be completed before that right?

IOTA - iotatoken.com
KomodoPlatform

Set Your Ideas Free

View Profile WWW
November 08, 2016, 02:09:15 PM

How much time will be allowed for the BTCD swap after the ICO? Since distribution is planned within 2 weeks of the ICO, all BTCD swaps should be completed before that right?

You will be able to swap to get the coins at the same time as everyone else.

We will reserve enough KMD so we are able to swap every BTCD. The BTCD can be swapped at any time for one full year.

KomodoPlatform

Set Your Ideas Free

View Profile WWW
November 08, 2016, 02:12:56 PM

We just updated our press page

There is a link to the Core Radio interview we did last Saturday!

On Saturday November 5th we joined Lootz on his radio show. From our team we had:

Satinder Grewal (Technical Expert, GUI Dev)
    Audo (Community Manager)

We talked about Komodo’s dPoW and other things in an easily understandable way. It was a great interview!

Listen the interview if you haven't already.

https://komodoplatform.com/press-materials/

anewafresh

Activity: 131
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 08, 2016, 02:28:24 PM

We will reserve enough KMD so we are able to swap every BTCD. The BTCD can be swapped at any time for one full year.

Thanks for the reply. Obviously not all of the BTCD will be swapped since some will be lost etc. So what would happen to the remaining KMD supply reserved for BTCD swaps?

IOTA - iotatoken.com
KomodoPlatform

Set Your Ideas Free

View Profile WWW
November 08, 2016, 03:28:27 PM

Thanks for the reply. Obviously not all of the BTCD will be swapped since some will be lost etc. So what would happen to the remaining KMD supply reserved for BTCD swaps?

They would be used as working capital for development.

KomodoPlatform

Set Your Ideas Free

View Profile WWW
November 08, 2016, 07:05:01 PM

We have updated our thread with an answer to the most burning question on everyone's mind!

hulla

Activity: 1820
Merit: 566

View Profile
November 08, 2016, 07:25:14 PM

This is a nice and lovely concept. I'm glad to be part of this movement/signature campaign. I will yobit list you asap.
Best Regard

.Duelbits.
            ▄████▄▄
          ▄█████████▄
        ▄█████████████▄
     ▄██████████████████▄
   ▄████▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄███▄
 ▄████▐▀▄▄▀▌████▐▀▄▄▀▌██

██████▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀█████

▐████████████■▄▄▄■██████████▀
▐██████████████████████████▀
██████████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████████▀
  ▀███████████████████▀
    ▀███████████████▀
▄▀▄
█   █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█▀▀▀▀▀█
▀█▀█▀
█▄█
█▄█
▄▀▄
█   █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█▀▀▀▀▀█
▀█▀█▀
█▄█
█▄█
         ▄ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▄▄
         ▄▀▀▄      █
         █   ▀▄     █
       ▄█▄     ▀▄   █
      ▄▀ ▀▄      ▀█▀
    ▄▀     ▀█▄▄▄▀▀ ▀
  ▄▀  ▄▀  ▄▀
 ▀▄    ▄▀▀
Live Games

▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄
 ▄▀ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄ ▀▄
▄▀ █ ▄  █  ▄ █ ▀▄
█ █   ▀   ▀   █ █  ▄▄▄
█ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ █ █   █
█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █▄█
█ ▀▀█  ▀▀█  ▀▀█ █  █▄█
█  █    █    █  █  █ █
Slots
        ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
        █         ▄▄  █
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄       █
█  ▄▄         █       █
█             █       █
█   ▄▀▀▄▀▀▄   █       █
█   ▀▄   ▄▀   █       █
█     ▀▄▀     █   ▀▀  █
Blackjack
▄▄▀█████▀▄▄
▄▀▀   █████ ▄▄▀▀▄
███▄  ▄█████▄▀▀▄███
██████▀▀     ▀▀██████
█ ▀▀██▀ ▀▄   ▄▀ ▀██▀▀ █
█    █    ███    █    █
█ ▄▄██▄ ▄▀   ▀▄ ▄██▄▄ █
██████▄▄     ▄▄██████
Roulette
█▀▀▀▄             ▄▀▀▀█
█ ▀▄ ▀▄         ▄▀ ▄▀ █
▀▄ ▀▄ ▀▄     ▄▀ ▄▀ ▄▀
▀▄ ▀▄ ▀▄  ▀ ▄▀ ▄▀
▀▄ ▀▄ ▀▄ ▀ ▄▀
▄ ▀▄ ▀▄ ▀▄  ▄
█ ▀▄ ▀▄ ▀  ▄▀ █
▄▀▄ ▀▄ ▀ ▄▀ ▄▀▄
Dice Duels
KomodoPlatform

Set Your Ideas Free

View Profile WWW
November 08, 2016, 07:27:55 PM

We have a pleasure to share a great article with you!

Smith & Crown approached us a week or so ago and interviewed jl777. They did an in-depth research and produced an excellent article about us.

This is true journalism as it is not a sponsored article, but a creation of their own. With quality work like this they will acquire a bigger audience I'm sure. At least I'll be reading their other articles, because as a reader/student of crypto I want unfiltered and unbiased content.

http://www.smithandcrown.com/komodo-vision-supernet/

http://www.smithandcrown.com/event/komodo-platform-ico/

Thanks Smith & Crown!

From http://www.smithandcrown.com/icos/
We do not solicit or accept payment for listing on this site or for more in-depth analysis.

poncom

Activity: 318
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 08, 2016, 08:12:56 PM

They would be used as working capital for development.

I'm sure BTCD was on cryptsy. Did big Vern steal them, and if he did do you know which addresses they were in? What if big Vern swaps his stolen BTCD for KMD and gets a huge stake? You would make him a whale.
jl777 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1132

View Profile WWW
November 08, 2016, 08:57:33 PM

I'm sure BTCD was on cryptsy. Did big Vern steal them, and if he did do you know which addresses they were in? What if big Vern swaps his stolen BTCD for KMD and gets a huge stake? You would make him a whale.
yes it was on cryptsy

we can only assume whether big vern kept all the altcoin wallets or not

no idea what addresses they were in

BTCD wasnt a very high volume coin, so I doubt there was any large percentage on cryptsy as it was the third behind poloniex and bittrex.

I dont see that this would lead to any huge stake.

no whale possibility

http://www.digitalcatallaxy.com/report2015.html
100+ page annual report for SuperNET
yassin54
Legendary

View Profile
November 08, 2016, 09:14:01 PM

Original research by Smith + Crown: Komodo and the vision of SuperNET.

/

CryptoNick
Legendary

Activity: 987
Merit: 1003

View Profile
November 08, 2016, 09:26:32 PM

yes it was on cryptsy

we can only assume whether big vern kept all the altcoin wallets or not

no idea what addresses they were in

BTCD wasnt a very high volume coin, so I doubt there was any large percentage on cryptsy as it was the third behind poloniex and bittrex.

I dont see that this would lead to any huge stake.

no whale possibility

Block the Cryptsy wallet from the Swap many people sent their BTCD in since the trading was so high priced at the end. It was a gateway out of Cryptsy and the price had skyrocketed on Cryptsy for all coins. People were arbing them.
jl777 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 08, 2016, 09:32:14 PM
Last edit: November 09, 2016, 12:16:46 AM by jl777

http://148.251.57.148/tx/15f3f684a48977dbbecf2c29aecf68e9a5e447325241d4bfe767c3cf6b8c27da

above is the first fiat chain redeem. it was triggered by the EUR tx http://148.251.56.54/tx/5d5c9a49489b558de9e84f991f996dedaae6b9d0f157f82b2fec64662476d5cf

which redeemed 0.10 EUR via the paxwithdraw function.

it got a bit complicated, but there is essentially a decentralized gateway (generalized MGW) to achieve the bi-directional deposit/redeem across the different blockchains.

It has a lot of similarity to sidechains, but there is no need for waiting 1 day (or 2 days?) for the transactions to confirm. For now I am not waiting for the notarizations so the testing can go faster. Once we verify it is all happy, then I will require notarizations in both directions before the funds are released.

The above EUR redeem was indeed notarized the next block: http://148.251.56.54/tx/2cc20d19f0651714a222ace2c9fe2f2b548502e6289c208fb7dcbb3448dc728b

And that was echoed in the KMD chain, which on the next notarization to BTC also notarized the EUR redeem transaction.

Basically the dPoW is working as intended, but still we need to continue to verify things.

The todo list is down to a few final items:
1. error check fiat redeem amounts
2. net balance limiter, activate dPoW for all fiats
3. verify: interest payment, ratification, reorgs

non-komodod tasks
4. REVS and non-fiat chains done
5. automate notarization fee payouts
6. automated distribution of test REVS snapshot

peschi

Activity: 355
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 08, 2016, 09:37:36 PM

Hi,

I currently have some BTCD in my exchange-wallet. Can I directly swap from the exchange or do I have to transfer them to a BTCD wallet?

yassin54
Legendary

View Profile
November 08, 2016, 10:22:08 PM

Hi,

I currently have some BTCD in my exchange-wallet. Can I directly swap from the exchange or do I have to transfer them to a BTCD wallet?
you need transfer your Btcd to wallet!!  Smiley
jl777 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 08, 2016, 11:42:04 PM

Now assetchains are nearing completion, it would be good if there was someone working on a GUI to manage the creation of new chains. I havent yet added all the possible variants as getting the basics working with dPoW was the priority. And nothing better to make clear what all the options that are needed than having a GUI made for it. Plz post in #komodo if you are available to work on such a GUI, it would likely end up being a page in satinder's iguana GUI.

The main function I see in the GUI is "create chain" and it needs at a minimum a name, pubkeys of notarizers, supply. Once a chain is started, then other nodes can use the generated iguana code to connect to it or run another mining node.

under the hood, what is needed is:
./komodod -ac_name=NAME -ac_supply=1000000

the above starts the chain and other nodes would connect to it via:
./komodod -ac_name=NAME -ac_supply=1000000 -addnode=<ipaddress>

at this point there is a fully working zcash clone called NAME, it deterministically generates a genesis block, port, netmagic and sends the supply coins to the wallet of the creator. Normal transactions can be done along with protected zcash transactions and even the DEX and LP nodes can be used with the NAME coin.

I just updated it so when you spawn a new assetchain, the matched genCOIN file to add it to iguana is automatically created. it even synced the first blocks

If you are able to do GUI and some systems work (ie. automate creation of explorers) contact me. This is a paid task, just not sure how much work it will be so the first step is to get a qualified person to assess the amount of work it is

jwiz168

Activity: 910

View Profile
November 09, 2016, 12:25:01 AM

Komodo is showing its powerful features and cool interfaces. How would it fair in ICO remains to be seen . It's well enough for me that the platform is solid.
Pages: « 1 ... 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 [114] 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 ... 878 »
  Print  

Jump to: