Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 10:12:13 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 [130] 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 ... 878 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][KMD][dPoW] Komodo - An Open, Composable Smart Chain Platform, Secured by B  (Read 1191683 times)
PondSea
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 20, 2016, 08:23:37 PM

any updates on the time of the snapshot ?

In about 2 weeks.

░░░░░░░░░▀▀▀█████████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████████
░░░░▄███████▄░░░░████████
░░░░███████████░░░░██████
░░░▀███████████░░░░████░░
███▄░░░░░░░░░░▀████░░░███░░██
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████░░░██░░██
█████████████▄░░████░░░░░
░░█████████████░░█████
░░░░█████████▀░░░██████▌
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀░░░░▄████████▌
░░░░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄███████
SuperNET.org
..BarterDEX..
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
DECENTRALIZED CRYPTOCURRENCY EXCHANGE
Developed to Unite Coin Communities | ✔ SECURE ✔ FREE ✔ VISIBILITY ✔ EASY INTEGRATION |

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
PondSea
Legendary

View Profile
November 20, 2016, 08:24:04 PM

any updates on the time of the snapshot ?

also on ability to send BTCD to ICO platform for snapshot purposes?

Before the snapshot which is roughly in 2 weeks.

░░░░░░░░░▀▀▀█████████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████████
░░█████████████░░█████
░░░░█████████▀░░░██████▌
░░░░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄███████
SuperNET.org
..BarterDEX..
Developed to Unite Coin Communities | ✔ SECURE ✔ FREE ✔ VISIBILITY ✔ EASY INTEGRATION |

Miketaz

Activity: 19
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 20, 2016, 08:40:26 PM

So I've been waiting on my funds to clear for the past week and a half so I could invest in this ICO. My bitcoin is finally arriving today but the ICO is over. Will I still be able to buy BTCD before the snapshot in two weeks and receive KMD?
PAMPT

Activity: 236
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 20, 2016, 08:54:21 PM

I hope the above post answers your questions.

If after 1 full year there are some BTCD that did not get swapped, then we will add those to our working capital.

I don't find it fair at all. Not only btc investors we are swallowing all the worthless btcd at overprice, but if for example 20 or 25% of btcd isn't claimed for whatever reasons ( i guess small alt coins have big % of lost coins,etc.. ), we get our stake diluted as if they existed.

We stay loyal to our past investors and community, thus there was a BTCD swap.

Everything was transparent, and we did have an ICO calculator for this.

Considering the scale of our project the MC is not that big, but of course everyone has their own estimation/opinion.
I just hope there is no shady deal done, the valuation of BTCD is high, but there is nothing we can do now, but my calculation is different from your, I invested 1BTC and given 8250KMD at 10% bonus
                                         1.1BTC=8250KMD
                                         so 1KMD= 0.0001333BTC as compared to 0.000129BTC

Please this may be same in 1KMD terms it is a big deal for large investors.                                         

11616 BTC ÷ 90000000 KMD = 0.00012907 BTC/KMD

That's average BTC-equivalent price paid for 1 KMD

The price paid per 1 KMD varies depending on which bonus % you got

Your price was higher than average, because the bulk of BTC was invested at greater than 10% bonus

Detached from the reality. And obviously all of u folks believe stats above has a real element of common sense to it.

Lemme guess. 11K bitcoins pooled, of which 90% is coming from a self-funding effort. That assumes 10 thousand btc in 500 btc blocks is the injection of confidence. Have u been holding meetings to lure in poor peeps with too much money?

Who else sees a black hole as a fundraiser? Look 11K raised, get me a shitwipe, I cant hold my money...

LOL
PondSea
Legendary

View Profile
November 20, 2016, 08:57:26 PM

So I've been waiting on my funds to clear for the past week and a half so I could invest in this ICO. My bitcoin is finally arriving today but the ICO is over. Will I still be able to buy BTCD before the snapshot in two weeks and receive KMD?

Yes you can.

░░░░░░░░░▀▀▀█████████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████████
░░█████████████░░█████
░░░░█████████▀░░░██████▌
░░░░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄███████
SuperNET.org
..BarterDEX..

animalroam
Legendary

Activity: 1073

View Profile
November 20, 2016, 09:00:34 PM

I have to say I'm quite disappointed with the team in using an inflated BTCD price. There is a higher risk to invest earlier for a higher bonus, but now people can invest with 50% bonus at the same risk level as those with a 0% bonus. Someone correct me if I'm wrong (I would love to be wrong).
PondSea
Legendary

View Profile
November 20, 2016, 09:00:54 PM

I hope the above post answers your questions.

If after 1 full year there are some BTCD that did not get swapped, then we will add those to our working capital.

I don't find it fair at all. Not only btc investors we are swallowing all the worthless btcd at overprice, but if for example 20 or 25% of btcd isn't claimed for whatever reasons ( i guess small alt coins have big % of lost coins,etc.. ), we get our stake diluted as if they existed.

We stay loyal to our past investors and community, thus there was a BTCD swap.

Everything was transparent, and we did have an ICO calculator for this.

Considering the scale of our project the MC is not that big, but of course everyone has their own estimation/opinion.
I just hope there is no shady deal done, the valuation of BTCD is high, but there is nothing we can do now, but my calculation is different from your, I invested 1BTC and given 8250KMD at 10% bonus
                                         1.1BTC=8250KMD
                                         so 1KMD= 0.0001333BTC as compared to 0.000129BTC

Please this may be same in 1KMD terms it is a big deal for large investors.                                         

11616 BTC ÷ 90000000 KMD = 0.00012907 BTC/KMD

That's average BTC-equivalent price paid for 1 KMD

The price paid per 1 KMD varies depending on which bonus % you got

Your price was higher than average, because the bulk of BTC was invested at greater than 10% bonus

Detached from the reality. And obviously all of u folks believe stats above has a real element of common sense to it.

Lemme guess. 11K bitcoins pooled, of which 90% is coming from a self-funding effort. That assumes 10 thousand btc in 500 btc blocks is the injection of confidence. Have u been holding meetings to lure in poor peeps with too much money?

Who else sees a black hole as a fundraiser? Look 11K raised, get me a shitwipe, I cant hold my money...

LOL

26xx BTC was collected. The other BTC "invested" is the value of the BTCD people were holding. This information was given at the onset of the ICO.

░░░░░░░░░▀▀▀█████████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████████
░░█████████████░░█████
░░░░█████████▀░░░██████▌
░░░░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄███████
SuperNET.org
..BarterDEX..

PondSea
Legendary

View Profile
November 20, 2016, 09:03:52 PM

I have to say I'm quite disappointed with the team in using an inflated BTCD price. There is a higher risk to invest earlier for a higher bonus, but now people can invest with 50% bonus at the same risk level as those with a 0% bonus. Someone correct me if I'm wrong (I would love to be wrong).

The pricing for BTCD was given at the onset of the ICO, so it was known. The ratio of the funding that is coming from BTCD was not expected but that is not something the team can control. If the markets were logical, BTCD would be at 0.006 right now, but it isnt.

░░░░░░░░░▀▀▀█████████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████████
░░█████████████░░█████
░░░░█████████▀░░░██████▌
░░░░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄███████
SuperNET.org
..BarterDEX..

animalroam
Legendary

View Profile
November 20, 2016, 09:06:01 PM

The pricing for BTCD was given at the onset of the ICO, so it was known. The ratio of the funding that is coming from BTCD was not expected but that is not something the team can control. If the markets were logical, BTCD would be at 0.006 right now, but it isnt.

There still must be a benefit to investing in BTC. Why did lots of people choose to invest with 0% bonus rather than with 50% bonus obtained from buying BTCD?
Miketaz

Activity: 19
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 20, 2016, 09:07:50 PM

Yes you can.

Alright awesome, thank you!
barbierir

Activity: 515
Merit: 502

View Profile WWW
November 20, 2016, 09:08:03 PM

The Btcd snapshot is only for the Revshare asset (that replaces the Supernet revenues to Btcd), for exchanging Btcd to KMD you have another year

◈▣ KOMODO ● Set Your Ideas Free ▣◈
.......AN ECOSYSTEM FOR NATIVE BLOCKCHAINS.......
Blockchain Generator | Decentralized Crowdfunding | Decentralized Exchange | Bitcoin Security | Zero-Knowledge Proofs | Blockchain Interoperability | Scalable Infrastructure
PondSea
Legendary

View Profile
November 20, 2016, 09:08:34 PM

There still must be a benefit to investing in BTC. Why did lots of people choose to invest with 0% bonus rather than with 50% bonus obtained from buying BTCD?

If BTCD price was at 0.006 then investing in BTC would have obtained benefit right?

People may have invested at 0% because that was easier, but like anything if they read it properly and took time to investigate they would have gotten a better deal.

No one can stop others from offering 50% discount. If they are still offering this when KMD comes out i will buy all of it myself.

░░░░░░░░░▀▀▀█████████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████████
░░█████████████░░█████
░░░░█████████▀░░░██████▌
░░░░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄███████
SuperNET.org
..BarterDEX..

animalroam
Legendary

View Profile
November 20, 2016, 09:10:31 PM

If BTCD price was at 0.006 then investing in BTC would have obtained benefit right?

No one can stop others from offering 50% discount. If they are still offering this when KMD comes out i will buy all of it myself.

BTCD price wasn't at 0.006 BTC when the 0% investors decided to invest using BTC, so they knew they wouldn't have obtained a benefit.

Forgive my confusion, but if you wanted the cheap rate, why don't you just buy it now?
masternode

Activity: 443
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 20, 2016, 09:13:46 PM

THE ICO HAS ENDED

35% bonus: 500 BTC
30% bonus: 0 BTC
25% bonus: 980 BTC
20% bonus: 606.84 BTC
15% bonus: 286.70 BTC
10% bonus: 38.18 BTC
05% bonus: 21.34 BTC
00% bonus: 200.98 BTC

Total BTC raised: 2634.04 BTC
Total BTCD swap: 8392.727 BTC

Total Market Cap: 11,616 BTC = $8,600,000

--> KMD exchange rate = 0.000129 BTC/KMD = 7747.9 KMD/BTC
--> BTCD exchange rate = 0.006511 BTC/BTCD = 153.59 BTCD/BTC

Wow! Much thanks to the BTC investors for helping raise the btcd swap rate from .0052 to .0065!!  That's a bump of approximately 20% Grin

Also BTCD is still available for purchase at around 0.0042 at poloniex which means people can still get Komodo at almost more than 50% bonus even though the ICO is over now.

The market values all BTCD in existence at $4,089,676 according to www.coinmarketcap.com.

So the TRUE Total Market Cap of Komodo based on the market is = 2634.04 BTC * (~$727) + $4.089M = $6.00M

Now of course when it hits exchanges, the market will decide how much of a premium the team and idea are worth.
PondSea
Legendary

View Profile
November 20, 2016, 09:14:11 PM

BTCD price wasn't at 0.006 BTC when the 0% investors decided to invest using BTC, so they knew they wouldn't have obtained a benefit.

Forgive my confusion, but if you wanted the cheap rate, why don't you just buy it now?

Sorry i edited my post. Basically investing via BTC may have been an easier option or they didnt really look/read into other options to invest.

I am a bit tapped out, waiting to buy more BTC.

░░░░░░░░░▀▀▀█████████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████████
░░█████████████░░█████
░░░░█████████▀░░░██████▌
░░░░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄███████
SuperNET.org
..BarterDEX..

PondSea
Legendary

View Profile
November 20, 2016, 09:15:15 PM

THE ICO HAS ENDED

Wow! Much thanks to the BTC investors for helping raise the btcd swap rate from .0052 to .0065!!  That's a bump of approximately 20% Grin

Also BTCD is still available for purchase at around 0.0042 at poloniex which means people can still get Komodo at almost more than 50% bonus even though the ICO is over now.

The market values all BTCD in existence at $4,089,676 according to www.coinmarketcap.com.

So the real Total Market Cap of Komodo based on the market is = 2634.04 BTC * (~$727) + $4.089M = $6.00M

Now of course when it hits exchanges, the market will decide how much of a premium the team and idea are worth.

Market value does not take into account the premium for BTCD holders.

░░░░░░░░░▀▀▀█████████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████████
░░█████████████░░█████
░░░░█████████▀░░░██████▌
░░░░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄███████
SuperNET.org
..BarterDEX..

masternode

View Profile
November 20, 2016, 09:18:24 PM

THE ICO HAS ENDED

So the real Total Market Cap of Komodo based on the market is = 2634.04 BTC * (~$727) + $4.089M = $6.00M

Actually it's the opposite.  The declared market value by Komodo team erroneously takes into account the premium for BTC holders which it should not.

You don't get to just decide to add a premium onto something and then that means the market cap is worth more now.  That's not how it works.  The market has already decided (through demand) that BTCD is worth $4.089M.  Even more telling is that there is a clear 50% premium being offered on BTCD.  If that was a real arbitrage then traders would come in and buy BTCD to that price level of 0.006 (which is not happening because the market values BTCD at $4.089M).  

To say the market cap is higher simply because you are offering more Komodo for BTCD is akin to being Donald Trump and declaring you are now worth more billions because of some arbitrary factor like how you feel that day.  
masternode

View Profile
November 20, 2016, 09:25:22 PM

There are only ~104 BTC worth of BTCD available for sale up to 0.006 on Poloniex right now.  Peanuts.

And that is fine, if someone comes in and buys 104 BTC worth of BTCD then yes, the market cap of Komodo will be worth more.  But until that happens the true market cap is still just $6M.
PondSea
Legendary

View Profile
November 20, 2016, 09:31:27 PM

THE ICO HAS ENDED

Actually it's the opposite.  The declared market value by Komodo team erroneously takes into account the premium for BTC holders which it should not.

You don't get to just decide to add a premium onto something and then that means the market cap is worth more now.  That's not how it works.  The market has already decided (through demand) that BTCD is worth $4.089M.  Even more telling is that there is a clear 50% premium being offered on BTCD.  If that was a real arbitrage then traders would come in and buy BTCD to that price level of 0.006 (which is not happening because the market values BTCD at $4.089M).  

To say the market cap is higher simply because you are offering more Komodo for BTCD is akin to being Donald Trump and declaring you are now worth more billions because of some arbitrary factor like how you feel that day.  

You are assuming the market understands that there is a fundamental shift in BTCD and the premium it now carries. If that were true people would have bough into BTCD instead of BTC at 0%.

░░░░░░░░░▀▀▀█████████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████████
░░█████████████░░█████
░░░░█████████▀░░░██████▌
░░░░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄███████
SuperNET.org
..BarterDEX..

masternode

View Profile
November 20, 2016, 09:36:08 PM

There are only ~104 BTC worth of BTCD available for sale up to 0.006 on Poloniex right now.  Peanuts.

And that is fine, if someone comes in and buys 104 BTC worth of BTCD then yes, the market cap of Komodo will be worth more.  But until that happens the true market cap is $6M.

It was more of a reply to the perceived large discount that was mentioned earlier.  What you're saying is clear!   Smiley

My bad.

Can someone explain this to me who might know.  When they say 500 BTC was raised at 35% bonus (assuming it's 1 investor for sake of this question) does that mean they will be getting allotted Komodo as if they contributed 675 BTC (500 * 1.35) or does that mean someone contributed 370.37 BTC and is getting 500 BTC worth after the 35% adjustment?

I'm asking to try and better understand what we are likely to see when this coin hits exchanges. 
Pages: « 1 ... 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 [130] 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 ... 878 »
  Print  

Jump to: