Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 09:46:03 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 [177] 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 ... 878 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][KMD][dPoW] Komodo - An Open, Composable Smart Chain Platform, Secured by B  (Read 1191683 times)
tclo

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 08, 2017, 07:30:56 PM

For some reason can not I log in to your account ICO?

The reason is that the website is not working correctly.  If you read above, everyone is having the same issues.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
jl777 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1132

View Profile WWW
January 08, 2017, 07:33:25 PM

I think you need to take your advise and read what i wrote. I answered your question with my post.

The deposits is open for people to deposit their BTCD for the REVS snapshot as well as to swap your BTCD to KMD. If you do not want to swap your BTCD for now that is OK just hold it locally in your own wallet. This does mean you cannot vote for notaries though as you would not have any KMD to do so.

This means that you can either hold your BTCD in your wallet OR deposit it into the SWAP site and on the 15th the snapshot will happen. By sending it to the SWAP site you kill 2 birds with 1 stone.

I didn't ask about voting. I didn't ask if someone had to swap your BTCD now or wait until later.

What is the date of the REVS snapshot of the BTCD blockchain?   And is it going to still work as before and if you are holding BTCD in your own wallet and have the private keys, then you are set and you will be part of the REVS distribution?

Jan 15th is the date, height will be a round multiple of 1000 that happens on that day. It will work just as before, not sure why you concluded it changed.

best way is to have BTCD in local wallet. this is not changed.

http://www.digitalcatallaxy.com/report2015.html
100+ page annual report for SuperNET
PondSea
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 08, 2017, 07:35:40 PM

I think you need to take your advise and read what i wrote. I answered your question with my post.

The deposits is open for people to deposit their BTCD for the REVS snapshot as well as to swap your BTCD to KMD. If you do not want to swap your BTCD for now that is OK just hold it locally in your own wallet. This does mean you cannot vote for notaries though as you would not have any KMD to do so.

This means that you can either hold your BTCD in your wallet OR deposit it into the SWAP site and on the 15th the snapshot will happen. By sending it to the SWAP site you kill 2 birds with 1 stone.

I didn't ask about voting. I didn't ask if someone had to swap your BTCD now or wait until later.

What is the date of the REVS snapshot of the BTCD blockchain?   And is it going to still work as before and if you are holding BTCD in your own wallet and have the private keys, then you are set and you will be part of the REVS distribution?

The snapshot is on the 15th. If you hold your BTCD in your local wallet and have the private keys then your BTCD balance will be part of the snapshot. At a later date, you will need to use the private key to "import" your REVS coins onto the REVS chain. I dont know if this date has been specified. But it should be at the same time as the other people getting theirs.

░░░░░░░░░▀▀▀█████████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████████
░░░░▄███████▄░░░░████████
░░░░███████████░░░░██████
░░░▀███████████░░░░████░░
███▄░░░░░░░░░░▀████░░░███░░██
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████░░░██░░██
█████████████▄░░████░░░░░
░░█████████████░░█████
░░░░█████████▀░░░██████▌
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀░░░░▄████████▌
░░░░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄███████
SuperNET.org
..BarterDEX..
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
DECENTRALIZED CRYPTOCURRENCY EXCHANGE
Developed to Unite Coin Communities | ✔ SECURE ✔ FREE ✔ VISIBILITY ✔ EASY INTEGRATION |

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

hussar

Activity: 387
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 08, 2017, 07:36:53 PM

just tried logging in. seems to be working fine here. i'm using chrome on a win7 pc

checked my seed, all is good.

soon will be distribution phase, very exciting.

good work Komodo team  Cheesy

CHANGE FINANCE First Decentralised Global Crypto Bank
[color=#15B5E2 ]LINK TO ICO | LINK TO DISCUSSION
jl777 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 08, 2017, 07:38:14 PM

The snapshot is on the 15th. If you hold your BTCD in your local wallet and have the private keys then your BTCD balance will be part of the snapshot. At a later date, you will need to use the private key to "import" your REVS coins onto the REVS chain. I dont know if this date has been specified. But it should be at the same time as the other people getting theirs.
Once we get the snapshot block, I will make a snapshot for all non-zero balance addresses.

Then I will transfer the matching amount of REVS into the REVS chain.

So, the REVS balance will be there, but you do need to importprivkey into the REVS wallet to be able to access it.

tclo

View Profile
January 08, 2017, 07:42:30 PM

Jan 15th is the date, height will be a round multiple of 1000 that happens on that day. It will work just as before, not sure why you concluded it changed.

Thank you for clarifying.  But what does "height will be a round multiple of 1000" mean?
jl777 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 08, 2017, 07:45:44 PM

Thank you for clarifying.  But what does "height will be a round multiple of 1000" mean?
current BTCD block is 1475495, the next round height is 1476000 and every 1000 minutes or so will be another. It will likely be 1485000 or 1486000, however there is some variance in block times, so it might be a bit before or after those two

So, we will lock onto the first multiple of 1000 block after 12 pm GMT on the 15th

KomodoPlatform

Activity: 784
Merit: 253

Set Your Ideas Free

View Profile WWW
January 08, 2017, 07:47:58 PM

Schedule

- ICO Site BTCD deposit enabled 8.1.2017
- Subsidiy field gets locked for candidates 13.1 3PM UTC
- BTCD Snapshot 15.1 (block xxxxxxxx)
- Elections begin 15.1 3pm UTC
- Elections finish 29.1 3pm UTC
- KMD distribution 31.1 3pm UTC

You can now deposit BTCD to our ICO site, and then you will automatically take part in the snapshot for REVS asset, and afterwards your BTCD will be automatically swapped for KMD. Once you deposit your BTCD to the ICO site you cannot undo it. If you deposit, you will agree to get KMD in return.

The BTCD snapshot will happen at some point during that day. Instead of a time it will be some specific block. We are not sure yet which block it is. We can more accurately say the block/time a little bit later. In any case it will happen 15.1, and we will try to time it to happen around 3pm UTC.

Support is delayed today

Your dear community manger is travelling today and have very limited time to answer questions. We are sorry for the situation, but we ensure you that all the questions in twitter/facebook, etc will be answered on Monday.

We have had delays enough, so we thought it is important to move forward with the plan as it become technically possible. This day will be a bit chaotic.

What is the difference between REVS snapshot and KMD swap?

These two are two different things:

I'll try to clear out all the uncertainty & misunderstandings

We try to swap all BTCD there exist throughout 1 full year. If someone has BTCD it can be swapped, no matter when it is bought. You could buy BTCD 6 months from now and swap it for KMD.

BTCD Snapshot to get REVS

- The snapshot is not related to BTCD swap.
 - The snapshot is to get an additional asset called REVS.
 - The privatekeys are used to redeem the asset.
 - The snapshot has not happened yet!
 - to participate the BTCD can be stored either in a BTCD address under your control, or in our ICO site

BTCD Swap to get KMD

- has nothing to do with the snapshot
 - is done through the ICO site
 - lasts 1 full year
 - swapped BTCD ends up to our account, where it is publicly visible (nothing will happen to the swapped BTCD)
 - hopefully every single BTCD coin will get swapped during the year

◈▣ KOMODO ● Set Your Ideas Free ▣◈
.......AECOSYSTEFONATIVE BLOCKCHAINS.......
Blockchain Generator | Atomic Swaps | Decentralized Exchange | UTXO Contracts | Community-Led | Open Source | Scalable Ecosystem
BitcoinForumator
Legendary

Activity: 1120

View Profile
January 08, 2017, 07:49:51 PM

No address just a QR code on the Swap page. Wtf?
KomodoPlatform

Set Your Ideas Free

View Profile WWW
January 08, 2017, 07:54:10 PM

There is some confusion as people are afraid their BTCD will be immediately swapped for KMD and they miss the snapshot. However, you won't miss the snapshot if you make the deposit.

You will just deposit the BTCD to the ICO site, and then you will participate into the snapshot automatically and after that the swap will happen. And then the swapping will continue for one year.

Blockchain Generator | Atomic Swaps | Decentralized Exchange | UTXO Contracts | Community-Led | Open Source | Scalable Ecosystem
KomodoPlatform

Set Your Ideas Free

View Profile WWW
January 08, 2017, 07:56:27 PM

No address just a QR code on the Swap page. Wtf?

The servers are under some heavy load, which causes some performance issues. For me too the address was missing, but appeared a little later.

Just wait and it should appear below the QR code!

4emily

Activity: 577

View Profile
January 08, 2017, 08:02:42 PM

Having logged out and in several times a BTCD address appeared on the Swap page under the QR code (RWfpXpMBqufVWkPMXiaXKeMRLMp795pbcm) but when I entered that address into the 'Pay to' field in my BTCD QT wallet and pressed 'Send' the send process didn't initiate. Instead the address appeared highlighted in red. I've sent a test amount to my Poloniex BTCD deposit address and that worked ok so there's no problem with my QT wallet, which in the absence of any other explanation presumably means that the BTCD address that appears under the QR code on the swap page of my Komodo dashboard isn't a valid BTCD address....  Huh
KomodoPlatform

Set Your Ideas Free

View Profile WWW
January 08, 2017, 08:06:59 PM

Having logged out and in several times a BTCD address appeared on the Swap page under the QR code (RWfpXpMBqufVWkPMXiaXKeMRLMp795pbcm) but when I entered that address into the 'Pay to' field in my BTCD QT wallet and pressed 'Send' the send process didn't initiate. Instead the address appeared highlighted in red. I've sent a test amount to my Poloniex BTCD deposit address and that worked ok so there's no problem with my QT wallet, which in the absence of any other explanation presumably means that the BTCD address that appears under the QR code on the swap page of my Komodo dashboard isn't a valid BTCD address....  Huh

That sound weird. Are you sure you entered the BTCD address correctly? Can you redo the process? Maybe there was some typo or other mistake. You can try with a small test amount.

yassin54
Legendary

Activity: 1540

View Profile
January 08, 2017, 08:07:29 PM

KMD Launch Schedule - You can now deposit BTCD.

KomodoPlatform

Set Your Ideas Free

View Profile WWW
January 08, 2017, 08:16:00 PM

Notary Node Elections 2017

Don't forget that the elections are here too!

We now have all the dates and things are happening.

Here's a summary about the candidates:

Tomorrow we will also publish a election guide on komodoelection.com

Now it is time to start researching about the various candidates!

4emily

Activity: 577

View Profile
January 08, 2017, 08:20:39 PM

That sound weird. Are you sure you entered the BTCD address correctly? Can you redo the process? Maybe there was some typo or other mistake. You can try with a small test amount.

solved the problem by deleting the last character of the address having copy pasted the address into the 'pay to' field and then typing it back in manually
tclo

View Profile
January 08, 2017, 08:21:23 PM

current BTCD block is 1475495, the next round height is 1476000 and every 1000 minutes or so will be another. It will likely be 1485000 or 1486000, however there is some variance in block times, so it might be a bit before or after those two

So, we will lock onto the first multiple of 1000 block after 12 pm GMT on the 15th

Ok got it.  Thank you for the quick responses.
KomodoPlatform

Set Your Ideas Free

View Profile WWW
January 08, 2017, 08:23:28 PM

There is also some confusing regarding the staking and 5 APR interest.

If you deposit BTCD today it won't technically convert to KMD, which means you are not going to receive any interest. However, the swap rate is decreasing everyday to take that into account.

All in all it doesn't really matter whatever you deposit BTCD today or 5 days from now.

tclo

View Profile
January 08, 2017, 08:49:42 PM

There is also some confusing regarding the staking and 5 APR interest.

If you deposit BTCD today it won't technically convert to KMD, which means you are not going to receive any interest. However, the swap rate is decreasing everyday to take that into account.

All in all it doesn't really matter whatever you deposit BTCD today or 5 days from now.
'

If the BTCD that is deposited today on the website "wont technically convert to KMD", then why does it show a KMD balance in your account on the website after you swap that BTCD?

BTC-BTC-BTC
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1001

www.neutroncoin.com

View Profile
January 08, 2017, 08:58:58 PM
Last edit: January 08, 2017, 09:54:48 PM by BTC-BTC-BTC

Website is busy. Not able to log back on after I logged out.

Edit: Got back in again and swap completed it.
Pages: « 1 ... 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 [177] 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 ... 878 »
  Print  

Jump to: