Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 12:45:24 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 [188] 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 ... 878 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][KMD][dPoW] Komodo - An Open, Composable Smart Chain Platform, Secured by B  (Read 1191683 times)
jl777 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1132

View Profile WWW
January 12, 2017, 08:39:26 PM

do you think we should ask bittrex also

Hope we can add to bittrex too...i like bittrex  Smiley

Does one need to give you all your personal information to register on Bittrex? 

I just use Poloniex and they probably have higher volume, but the more the better.

Anyone can request a coin be added to Poloniex:

Request that KMD be added to Poloniex here:   https://poloniex.com/coinRequest

What do I put here : "If the coin has a block explorer, please link it here."?
https://kpx.io/

Komodo has already been launched in September? Just not yet distributed?
In a galaxy a long time ago (September)
komodo testnet was launched
dPow was added, testnet was able to survive
round robin mining was added, testnet exploded, but we were able to repair the damage.
PAX was added, after a furious battle against would be hardfork issues, testnet was able to survive with consensus intact
DEX functionality was then added, without any issues as it is really in a layer above the blockchain itself

Basically I have been able to evolve komodo during these months, adding all the features and avoiding any fatal hardfork that required a blockchain reset. A lot of blockchain resyncs by all the notary operators, but we have over 150,000 blocks in the KMD chain.

So the testnet becomes the mainnet with 99.99% probability at this point.

I believe this makes KMD the longest running zcash protocol coin. And the coins have been issued already but we dont know where to distribute them yet. There are also 44 assetchains that are also running. But since the GUI is only on github and not officially released, it seems that these facts are given little weight.

http://www.digitalcatallaxy.com/report2015.html
100+ page annual report for SuperNET

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
jl777 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 12, 2017, 08:49:53 PM

We are down to the last bugs...

The latest one found by karasugoi was an iguana compatibility error, where an iguana created tx didnt accrue interest. He also found what I think might be one of the last remaining PAX issues, which was doing multiple paxwithdraws in the same block.

This weekend I aim to get a successful DEX swap between two coins using only the basilisk mode, which means two nodes can DEX trade with each other, without even having either blockchain local.

Currently there are three modes for a coin: normal coind, iguana full node, basilisk node that uses notary nodes remotely.

This means there are 9 combinations of DEX trades. I have already gotten several of these combinations tested, but the most demanding is the basilisk <-> basilisk DEX trade, especially due to the potential of being spoofed. I just added spoof prevention and now the basilisk mode is responding virtually instantly.

you can see for yourself using any of the dex* tests scripts in SuperNET/iguana/tests from the github.com/jl777/SuperNET repo.

what this means is that for the following coins, you can DEX against any of the others without having any blockchain locally:

["KMD", "BTC", "USD", "EUR", "JPY", "GBP", "AUD", "CAD", "CHF", "NZD", "CNY", "RUB", "MXN", "BRL", "INR", "HKD", "TRY", "ZAR", "PLN", "NOK", "SEK", "DKK", "CZK", "HUF", "ILS", "KRW", "MYR", "PHP", "RON", "SGD", "THB", "BGN", "IDR", "HRK", "REVS", "SUPERNET", "DEX", "PANGEA", "JUMBLR", "BET", "CRYPTO", "HODL", "SHARK", "BOTS", "MGW"]

LP nodes can be configured with a standard bid/ask spread for any trading pair, or it can also be configured to automatically quote prices based on the current central exchange price plus profit margin. Just like komodo doesnt try to replace bitcoin, but uses bitcoin's security, iguana native coin DEX doesnt try to replace central exchanges, but rather uses their liquidity.

add to the list above, all the coind coins that iguana supports and also add all the coins iguana directly supports. I think pretty much immediately, komodo/iguana native DEX will have one of the widest selection of coins

jd1959

Activity: 529
Merit: 505

I'm on drugs, what's your excuse?

View Profile
January 12, 2017, 09:23:50 PM

Testnet  which is 99.999999% likely to become mainnet started then.   So yes, you could say it was launched in September and not distributed yet.

komodo-cli  has been out for awhile   but people for some strange reason dont consider things done unless there is a pretty gui.

GUI may be unimportant to those that have command line/coding skills ....but if you want to get mainstream use and acceptance it's a must. Until crypto becomes newbie friendly you limit the number of  potential user's.

I personally am getting tied of the attitude that if you want a GUI there is something wrong with you or you lack the skill set to be involved in crypto. This attitude seems to be saying " We are releasing the greatest

advance in the history of crypto, but most of you are to stupid to use it"

Cheers Jon  Wink

dICO Disguised Instant Cash Out
polycryptoblog

Activity: 383
Merit: 252

View Profile
January 12, 2017, 09:35:43 PM

Testnet  which is 99.999999% likely to become mainnet started then.   So yes, you could say it was launched in September and not distributed yet.

komodo-cli  has been out for awhile   but people for some strange reason dont consider things done unless there is a pretty gui.

GUI may be unimportant to those that have command line/coding skills ....but if you want to get mainstream use and acceptance it's a must. Until crypto becomes newbie friendly you limit the number of  potential user's.

I personally am getting tied of the attitude that if you want a GUI there is something wrong with you or you lack the skill set to be involved in crypto. This attitude seems to be saying " We are releasing the greatest

Cheers Jon  Wink

On the other hand:  I'm sure the programmers working on this project are getting tired of hearing their countless working hours developing new technology   mean nothing unless there is a GUI.
dzarmush
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 12, 2017, 09:38:26 PM

Cheers Jon  Wink

The whole cryptoworld was built by cryptographers and programmers, so if you're lamer and can't use command line (like me lol) just deal with it. You should be happy that you have an opportunity to be a part of new era even without any skills.

jl777 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 12, 2017, 09:43:51 PM

I think it would make sense to make clear distinctions between:

a) no tech at all
b) core tech without GUI
c) core tech with GUI on github but no installer
d) core tech with GUI and easy to use installer

It is clear to me that each of the four categories have different levels of completeness and thus different levels of value.

Any objection from core devs would be lumping a), b) and c) all into a)

polycryptoblog

Activity: 383
Merit: 252

View Profile
January 12, 2017, 09:47:06 PM

before hopping on and contributing what I can to the community I was unfamiliar with command line as well,   but after messing with it a bit  I am getting the hang of it.   Still by no means an expert  but the only way to learn a new skill is to get hands on with it.
jd1959

Activity: 529
Merit: 505

I'm on drugs, what's your excuse?

View Profile
January 12, 2017, 09:59:27 PM

Cheers Jon  Wink

On the other hand:  I'm sure the programmers working on this project are getting tired of hearing their countless working hours developing new technology   mean nothing unless there is a GUI.

I am not denigrating the work done by the Dev's. I'm just pointing out that the people with there skill set are a very small % of the world population. For crypto to succeed it has to be user friendly. For those of you to

young to have been there Gui has been around since the mid 1970's. The majority of worlds computer user's have known nothing but GUI....so come on guys just admit that GUI is relevant.

Cheers Jon  Cool

dICO Disguised Instant Cash Out
hussar

Activity: 387
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 13, 2017, 12:20:49 AM

i just swapped my BTCD  Grin

it went smoothly, great wort Komodo Team  Kiss it was worth the wait, looking forward to the next phase  Cool

CHANGE FINANCE First Decentralised Global Crypto Bank
[color=#15B5E2 ]LINK TO ICO | LINK TO DISCUSSION
dzarmush
Legendary

View Profile
January 13, 2017, 12:25:47 AM

28% of all BTCD has been swapped to KMD so far. In only 4 days out of 365.

osmotic

Activity: 39
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 13, 2017, 12:44:32 AM

Cheers Jon  Wink

I am not denigrating the work done by the Dev's. I'm just pointing out that the people with there skill set are a very small % of the world population. For crypto to succeed it has to be user friendly. For those of you to

young to have been there Gui has been around since the mid 1970's. The majority of worlds computer user's have known nothing but GUI....so come on guys just admit that GUI is relevant.

Cheers Jon  Cool

Bitcoin wouldn't have come this far if it had no GUI. Decred began without a GUI and its lost a considerable place in the rankings. A GUI should be top priority.
tclo

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 13, 2017, 01:40:57 AM

Yes agreed...GUI is critical.
dzarmush
Legendary

View Profile
January 13, 2017, 01:42:57 AM

Testnet  which is 99.999999% likely to become mainnet started then.   So yes, you could say it was launched in September and not distributed yet.

komodo-cli  has been out for awhile   but people for some strange reason dont consider things done unless there is a pretty gui.

GUI may be unimportant to those that have command line/coding skills ....but if you want to get mainstream use and acceptance it's a must. Until crypto becomes newbie friendly you limit the number of  potential user's.

Cheers Jon  Wink

On the other hand:  I'm sure the programmers working on this project are getting tired of hearing their countless working hours developing new technology   mean nothing unless there is a GUI.

Cheers Jon  Cool

Bitcoin wouldn't have come this far if it had no GUI. Decred began without a GUI and its lost a considerable place in the rankings. A GUI should be top priority.

Yes, captain obvious. That's why the team has Iguana as one of top 3 most crucial parts of the project.

tclo

Activity: 518

View Profile
January 13, 2017, 01:54:04 AM

Testnet  which is 99.999999% likely to become mainnet started then.   So yes, you could say it was launched in September and not distributed yet.

komodo-cli  has been out for awhile   but people for some strange reason dont consider things done unless there is a pretty gui.

GUI may be unimportant to those that have command line/coding skills ....but if you want to get mainstream use and acceptance it's a must. Until crypto becomes newbie friendly you limit the number of  potential user's.

Cheers Jon  Wink

On the other hand:  I'm sure the programmers working on this project are getting tired of hearing their countless working hours developing new technology   mean nothing unless there is a GUI.

Cheers Jon  Cool

Yes, captain obvious. That's why the team has Iguana as one of top 3 most crucial parts of the project.

XMR did extremely well without GUI for a long time.  I'm not sure how, but it did.  I guess just supply and demand.  But now that it does have GUI that is well designed, it should be even better.   

I still prefer using public/private key pairs myself, but you still need a way to spend from them without using complex command line crap.
KomodoPlatform

Activity: 784
Merit: 253

Set Your Ideas Free

View Profile WWW
January 13, 2017, 02:50:43 AM

Great post from jl777, make sure to read it Smiley

Development History: From a Testnet to Mainnet

Some of you have been a very short while with us, but the development of this overall platform goes back several years. Without that hard groundwork we could never have developed the KMD so quickly. I guess many have not yet fully realized how close we are (me included). The wait is almost over Smiley

Everything is pretty much ready. The few last few GUI pieces need to be connected, and some bugs fixed, and then we will release the easy GUI installers.

After the initial GUI release there is more to come of course. We need to develop DEX GUI, assetchains GUI, and more. Aside from the decentralized exchange we have other big app in the pipeline, and that is decentralized poker (Pangea).

We aimed for the stars, and at this point it looks we will at least land on the moon.

If you missed these, be sure to also check them out:
A complete update about Iguana app and DEX
GUI Wallet Progress Update!

◈▣ KOMODO ● Set Your Ideas Free ▣◈
.......AECOSYSTEFONATIVE BLOCKCHAINS.......
Blockchain Generator | Atomic Swaps | Decentralized Exchange | UTXO Contracts | Community-Led | Open Source | Scalable Ecosystem
kpierce77
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1002

View Profile
January 13, 2017, 03:04:49 AM

Some of you have been a very short while with us, but the development of this overall platform goes back several years. Without that hard groundwork we could never have developed the KMD so quickly. I guess many have not yet fully realized how close we are (me included). The wait is almost over Smiley

Everything is pretty much ready. The few last few GUI pieces need to be connected, and some bugs fixed, and then we will release the easy GUI installers.

After the initial GUI release there is more to come of course. We need to develop DEX GUI, assetchains GUI, and more. Aside from the decentralized exchange we have other big app in the pipeline, and that is decentralized poker (Pangea).

We aimed for the stars, and at this point it looks we will at least land on the moon.

Thanks for the update! Any news on when Komodo will be tradeable on an exchange?
KomodoPlatform

Activity: 784
Merit: 253

Set Your Ideas Free

View Profile WWW
January 13, 2017, 03:16:01 AM

Thanks for the update! Any news on when Komodo will be tradeable on an exchange?

Nothing is sure until they publicly announce it. We are trying to get the GUI officially published, which should help the matter.

◈▣ KOMODO ● Set Your Ideas Free ▣◈
.......AECOSYSTEFONATIVE BLOCKCHAINS.......
Blockchain Generator | Atomic Swaps | Decentralized Exchange | UTXO Contracts | Community-Led | Open Source | Scalable Ecosystem
dzarmush
Legendary

View Profile
January 13, 2017, 03:32:37 AM

It's up to everybody including you )
https://poloniex.com/coinRequest

Joint Force

Activity: 804

DAO ↔ DApp

View Profile WWW
January 13, 2017, 04:30:57 AM

Is it still possible to get REV if I move my coins off the exchange?

Karasugoi

Activity: 113
Merit: 20

View Profile
January 13, 2017, 04:48:02 AM

Is it still possible to get REV if I move my coins off the exchange?

Yes there is still time.   But you may want to opt for sending them into the ICO site, (ico.komodoplatform.com) unless you have your home wallet up and running already.

- ICO Site BTCD deposit enabled 8.1.2017
- Subsidiy field gets locked for candidates 13.1 3PM UTC
- BTCD Snapshot 15.1 (block xxxxx000)
- Elections begin 15.1 3pm UTC
- Elections finish 29.1 3pm UTC
- KMD distribution 31.1 3pm UTC

| S U P E R N E T 's BarterDEX | DECENTRALIZED CRYPTOCURRENCY EXCHANGE |
Developed to Unite Coin Communities | ✔ SECURE ✔ FREE ✔ VISIBILITY ✔ EASY INTEGRATION |
Pages: « 1 ... 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 [188] 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 ... 878 »
  Print  

Jump to: