Bitcoin Forum
April 16, 2024, 02:03:01 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 [191] 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 ... 878 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][KMD][dPoW] Komodo - An Open, Composable Smart Chain Platform, Secured by B  (Read 1191680 times)
KomodoPlatform

Activity: 784
Merit: 253

Set Your Ideas Free

View Profile WWW
January 14, 2017, 03:14:39 AM

K just double checking this in order to get REVS I either need to move BTCD to my private wallet or do the swap on the ico site before the snapshot date (when) but I can swap anytime after the snapshot for one year I just wont receive REVS

Exactly.

And we recommend to do the swap today if you want to get REVS, as there is no exact time for the snapshot. It will happen tomorrow at some point.

To vote for notaries, does btcd have to be swapped before deadline. Also, is the deadline time based on btt forum time?

For utmost surety it should be swapped before the deadline.

Time zone is UTC
https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/timezone/utc

Thanks, just to get the timing right, how long before btcd stakes can be spent? I want to try and stake up to the last hour, but don't want to be caught with unspendable coins that can't be sent. Is it 8 hours? If so can stop staking 8.1 hours fromdeadline and leave some time to send btcd to komodo website.

You don't gain anything by staking as the BTCD swap rate is decreasing every day to account for the 5 % staking reward. So if you stake BTCD for 6 months and swap you would still receive the same amount as if you swapped today.

Hi Guys, When the voting starts, could you list all the steps so that people don't have to ask too many questions.
The voting procedure should be very simple.

Wink

The process is very straight forward, but sure we can post some explanation about it.

◈▣ KOMODO ● Set Your Ideas Free ▣◈
.......AECOSYSTEFONATIVE BLOCKCHAINS.......
Blockchain Generator | Atomic Swaps | Decentralized Exchange | UTXO Contracts | Community-Led | Open Source | Scalable Ecosystem
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
KomodoPlatform

Set Your Ideas Free

View Profile WWW
January 14, 2017, 05:14:41 AM

Iguana GUI Update #19

Quote from: boogieman
I'm glad to announce that we are about to release another version of the GUI, yet still beta.

It took us more than two months to bring in new changes and features together, so now users will have an almost completed Iguana wallet. Why almost? Because the main features already work in the both modes (Iguana and coind) without detectable flaws and to make it complete we need to cover UX issues, such progress bars, additional confirmation or negative cases messages, and polish the flow of acquiring users from nonIguana wallets to Iguana (point-of-sales).

I have a big personal wish to start using Iguana as a multi-coin wallet for my crypto coins, as recently I have lost a sum using a competitive app because of a bug or fraudulent transaction. Let's consider it a cost of competitive market analysis), but that's not a great deal, as I gain much more.

So in this update, I will not disclose all the details of the release, as we are just a few bugs away to merge to the main repo and all information will be published in release notes by the mid of the next week. Now keep patient and read the brief summary for the latest period of progress since the last release.

1. UX/UI
 - We upgraded create/login a wallet screens, gave them more neatness, user-friendliness and sexiness.
 - Made Iguana responsible for mobile, tablet, and full desktop screens sizes.
 - Added new features with some awesome UX solution, that cuts users efforts to one or two clicks.

2. Features
 - As Full Nodes require from users some pre-setting tweaks, we added simple onboarding\getting started guide, which will be improved to prevent all possible risks of users refusals.
 - Added Terms of Use disclaimer. Despite Iguana is still in beta, from now on we are bearing the responsibility of users financial risks.
 - Implemented unique fee settings feature with dynamic values.
 - Injected interactive animations for processing and updates, though many cooler GUI processing and UX animations are in the pipeline.

3. Extra
 - More coins to be supported.
 - More fiats as a reference currency.
 - More negative use cases covered.
 - Applied unit tests and performed partially automated tests, thus detected bugs and closed them.
 - Implement Gulp for build automation for Angular.
 - Reviewed and closed security issues.

4. Applications
 - There are also few bugs left to have Windows, Mac and Linux applications released. If the guys kill the bugs by the time we close the final issues, the release will  - contain desktop applications.
 - Chrome app is published for inner testing and will not be released this time, as we need to make 100% sure all security issues related to Chrome sensitiveness are covered.

5. Next
 - Tasks for 0.3 are already in design and coding phases.
 - The specification is being updated with recent changes since the last time of creation in Autumn.
 - The roadmap is being designed along with my requirements gathering for already stated features. Doing it parallels.
 - EasyDex integration into Iguana platform has started and will be at full speed once we have desktop application stable.

Confused about the GUIs?

We have two separate GUI projects: 1) Iguana multiwallet GUI, 2) EasyDEX GUI

Together we refer to them as Iguana desktop app, or simply Iguana.

The Iguana desktop app is the easy installer built with Electron. It still have few bugs so we haven't published it publicly. From the desktop app you can launch both the multiwallet and EasyDEX. Inside EasyDEX you can access full native Komodo wallet where you can do private transactions too. The multiwallet supports only transparent transactions.

The future plan is to integrate these two GUI projects together, but for now they are somewhat separate things.

We are very much looking forward to that day when we can share the easy GUI installers with you guys! Shouldn't take too long! Smiley

Blockchain Generator | Atomic Swaps | Decentralized Exchange | UTXO Contracts | Community-Led | Open Source | Scalable Ecosystem
topesis

Activity: 630
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 14, 2017, 05:31:08 AM

I want to ask if this wallet release is now save for use, because I was told their was a bug in the one available last year.
polycryptoblog

Activity: 383
Merit: 252

View Profile
January 14, 2017, 05:41:50 AM

I want to ask if this wallet release is now save for use, because I was told their was a bug in the one available last year.

We have not released a wallet yet,  there was no wallet available for the public last year.
KomodoPlatform

Set Your Ideas Free

View Profile WWW
January 14, 2017, 05:45:32 AM

Yes, the wallets have been available for use for some time now, but they have been in an alpha/beta stage and the installation process is hard.

Once we make the official release with the easy installer it will be safe to use. The point is that the Komodo investors could move/use their money after the KMD is distributed. It is always the safes option to store the coins under your own control.

KomodoPlatform

Set Your Ideas Free

View Profile WWW
January 14, 2017, 05:46:34 AM

We have not released a wallet yet,  there was no wallet available for the public last year.

At least the Iguana multiwallet has made some alpha releases, and some EasyDEX GUI installers have been shared on our Slack.

But yes, no official release yet that would be meant for real use.

topesis

Activity: 630

View Profile
January 14, 2017, 06:02:13 AM

Yes, the wallets have been available for use for some time now, but they have been in an alpha/beta stage and the installation process is hard.

Once we make the official release with the easy installer it will be safe to use. The point is that the Komodo investors could move/use their money after the KMD is distributed. It is always the safes option to store the coins under your own control.

Thanks for the reply, I hope KMD tokens will be available on exchanges after the January 31 distribution date. The has been longer than I expect
KomodoPlatform

Set Your Ideas Free

View Profile WWW
January 14, 2017, 06:02:58 AM

How to Vote

Someone requested a guide about how to vote, so here it is!

Where to navigate

When the elections begin on the first election day we will activate the 'VOTING' tab on our ICO site. After that everyone can start to vote.

1) login to our ICO site with your username and password
2) click 'VOTING'
3) read instructions and think carefully who to vote (You cannot change your vote!)

Instruction and the rules

Help us to elect the best notary nodes, so that Komodo gets a stable and decentralized network.

The notary nodes are responsible for recording Komodo blockchain information to bitcoin blockchain. In other words, they give us the Bitcoin protection. Without them we would lose the additional security, and the mining would be done by normal miners.

We divided the world into four geopolitical regions. Each region can have a maximum of 16 notary nodes. We guarantee funding for the top 32 notary nodes, but there could be more.

You will vote with your KMDs, so the more coins you got, the more voting power you have. Votes cannot be splitted, so you must select one candidate per region and vote for him.

Choose wisely! You cannot change your vote afterwards.

For more information please read our election guide.

Voting

After you have decided who to vote for you simply select the candidate from the region. You can only select one candidate per region, and in total thus vote four times.

1) Select who to vote for (you can only select one per region)
2) Confirm that you understand what you are doing by checking "All votes are final and can't be changed. Are you sure you want to submit your vote"
3) Click 'Submit Vote'

You can make the vote one by one, and after each vote the region you voted in will disappear.

After you have voted you will see the candidate you voted for.

ptytrader

Activity: 466

Imagine a world without banks.......

View Profile WWW
January 14, 2017, 06:09:27 AM

Thanks for the reply, I hope KMD tokens will be available on exchanges after the January 31 distribution date. The has been longer than I expect
It has been longer than expected because we have been working really hard to get it all done. If it wasn't for James and the other developers this project wouldn't exist at this time. I'm certain it will be worth the wait brother Cheesy
Remember to check out my profile if you own BTCD and are voting.
Profile: www.komodoelections.com/candidates/ptytrader

|

▄
              █
             ▐█
            ▄██
 █▌          ▐█
 ██       █████
 ▐██▌      ████
  █████    ████
▐██████▌   ████
  ██████▌ █████
  █████████████
   ████████████
  ▐████████████
   ▐███████████
   ▐███████████
    ███████████
      █████████
       ████████
         ██████
           ▀███
             ▀▀

█▄▄              █▄▄
█████▄▄         ██████▄▄
████████       ████████ █
████████ ██   ████████ ██
████████ ███ ████████ ███
████████ ████ ██████ ████
████████ █████ ████ █████
████████ ▀█████ ██ ██████
████████    ▀▀██  ███████
▀███████         ▀███████
   ▀▀███            ▀▀███
       ▀                ▀

in

█▀▀▀▄▄▄██▄
             █     ▀██▀
            █
         ▄▄▄█▄▄▄
 ████▄▄███████████▄▄████
▐██████▀▀███████▀▀██████▌
 ▀████    █████    ████▀
  ████▄  ▄█████▄  ▄████
  ▀███████████████████▀
   ▀████▄▀█████▀▄████▀
     ▀▀███▄▄▄▄▄███▀▀
         ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄████▄▄   ▄
█▄          ██████████▀▄
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄█▀▀ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▀▀█▄▄
   ▐██▄▄██████████████▄▄██▌
   ████████████████████████
  ▐████████████████████████▌
  ███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
 ▐██████     ████     ██████▌
 ███████     ████     ███████
▐████████▄▄▄██████▄▄▄████████▌
▐████████████████████████████▌
 █████▄▄▀▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▀▄▄█████
  ▀▀██████          ██████▀▀
      ▀▀▀            ▀▀▀

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌

BTC

█▌
█▌          ▐█
█████       ██
████      ▐██▌
████    █████
████   ▐██████▌
█████ ▐██████
█████████████
████████████
████████████▌
███████████▌
███████████▌
███████████
█████████
████████
██████
███▀
▀▀
ptytrader

Activity: 466

Imagine a world without banks.......

View Profile WWW
January 14, 2017, 06:11:02 AM

33,3% of BTCD supply has been swapped through ICO website so far.
Does this mean that KMD will be worth 33% of BTCD?

|

▄
              █
             ▐█
            ▄██
 █▌          ▐█
 ██       █████
 ▐██▌      ████
  █████    ████
▐██████▌   ████
  ██████▌ █████
  █████████████
   ████████████
  ▐████████████
   ▐███████████
   ▐███████████
    ███████████
      █████████
       ████████
         ██████
           ▀███
             ▀▀

█▄▄              █▄▄
█████▄▄         ██████▄▄
████████       ████████ █
████████ ██   ████████ ██
████████ ███ ████████ ███
████████ ████ ██████ ████
████████ █████ ████ █████
████████ ▀█████ ██ ██████
████████    ▀▀██  ███████
▀███████         ▀███████
   ▀▀███            ▀▀███
       ▀                ▀

in

█▀▀▀▄▄▄██▄
             █     ▀██▀
            █
         ▄▄▄█▄▄▄
 ████▄▄███████████▄▄████
▐██████▀▀███████▀▀██████▌
 ▀████    █████    ████▀
  ████▄  ▄█████▄  ▄████
  ▀███████████████████▀
   ▀████▄▀█████▀▄████▀
     ▀▀███▄▄▄▄▄███▀▀
         ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄████▄▄   ▄
█▄          ██████████▀▄
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄█▀▀ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▀▀█▄▄
   ▐██▄▄██████████████▄▄██▌
   ████████████████████████
  ▐████████████████████████▌
  ███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
 ▐██████     ████     ██████▌
 ███████     ████     ███████
▐████████▄▄▄██████▄▄▄████████▌
▐████████████████████████████▌
 █████▄▄▀▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▀▄▄█████
  ▀▀██████          ██████▀▀
      ▀▀▀            ▀▀▀

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌

BTC

█▌
█▌          ▐█
█████       ██
████      ▐██▌
████    █████
████   ▐██████▌
█████ ▐██████
█████████████
████████████
████████████▌
███████████▌
███████████▌
███████████
█████████
████████
██████
███▀
▀▀
KomodoPlatform

Set Your Ideas Free

View Profile WWW
January 14, 2017, 07:25:35 AM

33,3% of BTCD supply has been swapped through ICO website so far.
Does this mean that KMD will be worth 33% of BTCD?

No, not really.

Without any bonuses the KMD price was 0.00012909 BTC/KMD

There are about 100 000 000 KMD at launch, which means the ICO investors valued Komodo project to be worth ~12,900 BTC (or that would be the market cap with that price)

That is of course speculation, and we cannot know where the market sets the price until there is a liquid KMD market.

There's one year to do the swap, and I don't see how the swap percentage would affect the price.

kaicrypzen

Activity: 1344
Merit: 656

View Profile
January 14, 2017, 07:32:53 AM

To vote for notaries, does btcd have to be swapped before deadline.

If you are talking about the snapshot deadline then I guess not ... Elections will run for two weeks, one can still swap during those two weeks and vote. This is what seems logical to me ...

Is the voting based on how many KMD you have or one person one vote basis?

Yes it will be based on Komodos you own. I don't remember correctly if it was 1 KMD => 1 vote or 1 KMD => 4 votes (1 per region), I think it's the latter. The more Komodos you own the more voting power you have.

yassin54
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 14, 2017, 08:44:56 AM

GUI Release getting closer! Iguana GUI Update #19.

rnr

Activity: 247
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 14, 2017, 09:00:36 AM

To vote for notaries, does btcd have to be swapped before deadline.

If you are talking about the snapshot deadline then I guess not ... Elections will run for two weeks, one can still swap during those two weeks and vote. This is what seems logical to me ...

You have to swap to be able to vote. So, that means... BTCD holders need to swap BEFORE Elections deadline (29.01.2017 – 3pm UTC) if they want to vote.

Is the voting based on how many KMD you have or one person one vote basis?

Yes it will be based on Komodos you own. I don't remember correctly if it was 1 KMD => 1 vote or 1 KMD => 4 votes (1 per region), I think it's the latter. The more Komodos you own the more voting power you have.

1 KMD = 1 vote

You vote for each region (4 in total), each time with your completely available voting power (KMD balance) for 1 candidate.
jl777 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1132

View Profile WWW
January 14, 2017, 10:52:45 AM

BTCD blocks have been advancing pretty regularly and I can project now that the REVS snapshot will be as of block 1486000, which is about 1800 minutes from now. Likely around 4PM GMT, but of course the exact time wont be known until we get block 1486000

http://www.digitalcatallaxy.com/report2015.html
100+ page annual report for SuperNET
soyab0007

Activity: 560

View Profile
January 14, 2017, 10:58:18 AM

I have purchased BTCD from Poloniex
Transferred to https://ico.komodoplatform.com/ Website for KMD

Now anything else i have to do?
next step is to vote, which starts after the snapshot
then you will lock your KMD address
and your KMD will be sent to that address

What is the purpose of voting and whom to vote if I am from India?
jl777 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1132

View Profile WWW
January 14, 2017, 11:02:33 AM

I have purchased BTCD from Poloniex
Transferred to https://ico.komodoplatform.com/ Website for KMD

Now anything else i have to do?
next step is to vote, which starts after the snapshot
then you will lock your KMD address
and your KMD will be sent to that address

What is the purpose of voting and whom to vote if I am from India?
your voting shouldnt depend on where your are located:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1605144.msg17500072#msg17500072

http://www.digitalcatallaxy.com/report2015.html
100+ page annual report for SuperNET
tclo

Activity: 518

View Profile
January 14, 2017, 11:38:03 AM

Ok here's my last price update:

BTCD price is rising quickly, on strong volume, now that the BTCD to KMD swap has officially begun.. 

Remember that .006512 is equivalent to the ICO price, so still plenty more room to run up to near that level.

Current BTCD Price (Poloniex).00449 BTCD/BTC

Current BTC/BTCD rate:
222.72 : 1 (amount of BTCD that you get for 1 BTC)

KMD/BTCD swap rate
: 50.37897635: 1 (amount of KMD you will get for 1 BTCD that you swap on ICO site)

KMD/BTC current rate: [b11220.262[/b] (amount of KMD you get for 1 BTC worth of BTCD at current price on Poloniex)

KMD/BTC ICO rate: 7746.522 : 1 (amount of KMD you got for 1 BTC at the end of ICO with no bonus)

Current extra KMD via BTCD: +3473.740 KMD or +44.84% extra (relative to ICO KMD/BTC rate at the end of ICO with no bonus)

So at current prices, you get much more KMD that you would have gotten at the end of the ICO.

The swap has begun for KMD, so once you buy the BTCD, move them to the Komodo IC:   https://ico.komodoplatform.com/ or keep them in your own personal wallet:  http://bitcoindark.com/

tclo

Activity: 518

View Profile
January 14, 2017, 11:38:29 AM

Request that KMD be added to Poloniex here:   https://poloniex.com/coinRequest
rnr

Activity: 247
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 14, 2017, 12:19:59 PM
Last edit: January 15, 2017, 10:36:53 AM by rnr

Team Komodo Ninja

provide you Candidates Overview (Google Maps)  

Notary Node Elections 2016: Europe - click here -

Please retweet/follow at

Pages: « 1 ... 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 [191] 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 ... 878 »
  Print  

Jump to: