Bitcoin Forum
April 16, 2024, 11:49:15 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 [200] 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 ... 878 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][KMD][dPoW] Komodo - An Open, Composable Smart Chain Platform, Secured by B  (Read 1191680 times)
Roselop

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 18, 2017, 01:59:18 PM

I want to buy some BTCD on the bittrex exchange for swap so when does the swap finish? Must I transfer BTCD to my wallet for swap? and how can I vote KMD election? I'm sorry I'm newbie here. Thank you.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Remember that Bitcoin is still beta software. Don't put all of your money into BTC!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
dzarmush
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 18, 2017, 02:12:23 PM

I want to buy some BTCD on the bittrex exchange for swap so when does the swap finish? Must I transfer BTCD to my wallet for swap? and how can I vote KMD election? I'm sorry I'm newbie here. Thank you.

Swap finish is 8 January 2018
In order to swap BTCD to KMD and vote you need to register on ico.komodoplatform.com go to SWAP page, sent BTCD to your swap address and then vote on VOTE page before 29 January 2017.

super55

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 18, 2017, 02:42:55 PM

will there be a new website with different languages? I hope so.

New websites are underway for SuperNET and Komodo . Stay Tuned!

Yes, indeed!

We have completely rebuilt the SuperNET website, and are now designing and producing content for it. After we are finished with the basic SuperNET website we will do Komodoplatform.com

Komodoplatform.com will become a nice static landing page for Komodo, and supernet.org will be a central hub of everything we are doing. We will start publishing regular content there, and rise in the google ranks! Doing all this takes time though.

Regarding marketing, we are also researching potential blockchain conferences where we could go in 2017. Where would you like to see Komodo? We are open to suggestions, so let us know.

I like the marketing plans for blockchain conferences, this is a great marketing strategy  Smiley
My suggestions is to give pamphlet about our "SuperNET, Iguana & Komodo platform" to all those who attending the conferences...and they can shares this pamphlet with their friends & family when they go home from the conferences.....Then we can hit two birds with one stone this way   Cool

KomodoPlatform

Activity: 784
Merit: 253

Set Your Ideas Free

View Profile WWW
January 18, 2017, 02:55:35 PM

In order to swap BTCD to KMD and vote you need to register on ico.komodoplatform.com go to SWAP page, sent BTCD to your swap address and then vote on VOTE page before 29 January 2017.

It is really nice that the community has already answered the questions even before we even have seen them Smiley

◈▣ KOMODO ● Set Your Ideas Free ▣◈
.......AECOSYSTEFONATIVE BLOCKCHAINS.......
Blockchain Generator | Atomic Swaps | Decentralized Exchange | UTXO Contracts | Community-Led | Open Source | Scalable Ecosystem
stenkross

Activity: 330
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 18, 2017, 09:07:06 PM
Last edit: January 18, 2017, 09:18:29 PM by stenkross

I am planning on doing an install of ubuntu or mint. Which version numbers are the better of the two for iguana and komodo?

Here's a setup guide for a notary node server for 14.04: https://github.com/SuperNETorg/komodo/wiki/Setup-Komodo-Notary-Node
I'm running Ubuntu 14.04 LTS on my notary server, works like a charm.

// NxtSwe
https://www.komodoelection.com/candidates/nxtswe/

stenkross

Activity: 330

View Profile
January 18, 2017, 09:31:04 PM

Important note for KMD voters

Pay attention to the Notary Node candidates subsidy percentage!

Notary Nodes are paid monthly. The rate is 500$ per month. This includes the mined KMD, so $500 minus (KMD mined x Marketprice) = BTC payment.

Notary Node operators can lower their subsidy to be paid less, as most servers with the required specs don't cost 500$ per month.

By doing so, Komodo will save BTC! This BTC can be used for marketing/promotion, future development, etc. for the Komodo Platform.

thanks, xrobesx

https://www.komodoelection.com/candidates/xrobesx/

Valid points!
Also having a lower subsidy will allow for more notary nodes being run in the region.
If average subsidy among those elected is 50% (or lower) in a region a whopping 16 nodes could become elected.
If it is 100%, only 8 nodes will be up and running.
Probably we will end up somewhere in between 8-16 in each region.

I would not advice looking solely on subsidy % though.
Being able to keep your node up to date consistently with mining, notarizing, ratifying and helping each other out is important too.
And sometimes a quality host comes with a cost, you decide what's important.
animalroam
Legendary

Activity: 1073
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 18, 2017, 10:43:02 PM

I don't see my KMD nor my BTCD address on there, yet I have deposited BTCD on the second day of the swap to the ICO platform. Am I supposed to see it on there?
dzarmush
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 18, 2017, 10:50:34 PM
Last edit: January 18, 2017, 11:08:57 PM by dzarmush

I don't see my KMD nor my BTCD address on there, yet I have deposited BTCD on the second day of the swap to the ICO platform. Am I supposed to see it on there?

You mean REV distribution list? You shouldn't see it there yet: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1605144.msg17525501#msg17525501

cryptosun

Activity: 448

Exchange Your BTC to PM Instantly :)

View Profile
January 19, 2017, 02:06:35 AM

It is really nice that the community has already answered the questions even before we even have seen them Smiley
Hello, Hope you are fine Smiley I am one of the first day investor i put in around 0.72 btc at the day one ICO started and got 25% bonus KMD amount, i was very hopefull about Kamodoplatform but its been a longtime now but i heard some elections are being done Smiley may i know when we will be able to exchnage kmd on poloniex or bittrex Smiley and will we get a good profit as its been a longtime Smiley Thanks in advance and sorry for some silly questions.

Exchange your bitcoins to STP,PAYPAL,SKRIL,And PM.
tclo

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 19, 2017, 05:16:54 AM

If you deposited BTCD, then you must have seen the BTCD address at some point or you wouldn't have known where to send it.  Once you send it to the site, you don't need that address any longer.  But it should still be on the Swap page, along with your KMD balance.
CyanFox

Activity: 242

View Profile
January 19, 2017, 05:19:40 AM

Is the price of swap btcd to kmd cheaper than btc investment in ICO? It is very beneficial for btcd believers, good for me.
ptytrader

Activity: 466

Imagine a world without banks.......

View Profile WWW
January 19, 2017, 05:20:35 AM

Election Candidate News!

All you guys and girls voting out there, most of us don't know the people who put in the work necessary to get a platform running. I think they are the people who deserve the best. Here in the SuperNET, there is an individual called @grewalsatinder. He is working his ass off to have our GUI ready. I ask that if you can spare 2 minutes of your day, go to our election page and check out his profile.
Here is the link: :wink: https://www.komodoelection.com/candidates/grewalsatinder/

If he is not elected.......cows will tip over and die

|

▄
              █
             ▐█
            ▄██
 █▌          ▐█
 ██       █████
 ▐██▌      ████
  █████    ████
▐██████▌   ████
  ██████▌ █████
  █████████████
   ████████████
  ▐████████████
   ▐███████████
   ▐███████████
    ███████████
      █████████
       ████████
         ██████
           ▀███
             ▀▀

█▄▄              █▄▄
█████▄▄         ██████▄▄
████████       ████████ █
████████ ██   ████████ ██
████████ ███ ████████ ███
████████ ████ ██████ ████
████████ █████ ████ █████
████████ ▀█████ ██ ██████
████████    ▀▀██  ███████
▀███████         ▀███████
   ▀▀███            ▀▀███
       ▀                ▀

in

█▀▀▀▄▄▄██▄
             █     ▀██▀
            █
         ▄▄▄█▄▄▄
 ████▄▄███████████▄▄████
▐██████▀▀███████▀▀██████▌
 ▀████    █████    ████▀
  ████▄  ▄█████▄  ▄████
  ▀███████████████████▀
   ▀████▄▀█████▀▄████▀
     ▀▀███▄▄▄▄▄███▀▀
         ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄████▄▄   ▄
█▄          ██████████▀▄
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄█▀▀ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▀▀█▄▄
   ▐██▄▄██████████████▄▄██▌
   ████████████████████████
  ▐████████████████████████▌
  ███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
 ▐██████     ████     ██████▌
 ███████     ████     ███████
▐████████▄▄▄██████▄▄▄████████▌
▐████████████████████████████▌
 █████▄▄▀▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▀▄▄█████
  ▀▀██████          ██████▀▀
      ▀▀▀            ▀▀▀

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌

BTC

█▌
█▌          ▐█
█████       ██
████      ▐██▌
████    █████
████   ▐██████▌
█████ ▐██████
█████████████
████████████
████████████▌
███████████▌
███████████▌
███████████
█████████
████████
██████
███▀
▀▀
clovis A.
Legendary

Activity: 1206

View Profile
January 19, 2017, 06:23:12 AM

Important note for KMD voters

Pay attention to the Notary Node candidates subsidy percentage!

Notary Nodes are paid monthly. The rate is 500$ per month. This includes the mined KMD, so $500 minus (KMD mined x Marketprice) = BTC payment.

Notary Node operators can lower their subsidy to be paid less, as most servers with the required specs don't cost 500$ per month.

By doing so, Komodo will save BTC! This BTC can be used for marketing/promotion, future development, etc. for the Komodo Platform.

thanks, xrobesx

https://www.komodoelection.com/candidates/xrobesx/

Valid points!
Also having a lower subsidy will allow for more notary nodes being run in the region.
If average subsidy among those elected is 50% (or lower) in a region a whopping 16 nodes could become elected.
If it is 100%, only 8 nodes will be up and running.
Probably we will end up somewhere in between 8-16 in each region.

I would not advice looking solely on subsidy % though.
Being able to keep your node up to date consistently with mining, notarizing, ratifying and helping each other out is important too.
And sometimes a quality host comes with a cost, you decide what's important.

I also like xrobesx's perspective on the subsidy percentage. Although, you do make a very good counter point about having to pay up for a quality notary node operator.  With that said though, I still think 75% or $375 should be ample payment for a quality node.

We're in the infancy stages though, so I'm sure it will all work itself out Smiley

|
|
s i a
|
|
|
|
|
Cloud storage is about to change
                          Are you ready?
ptytrader

Activity: 466

Imagine a world without banks.......

View Profile WWW
January 19, 2017, 07:11:53 AM

Will Komodo start absorbing BTCD's value?

Posted From bitcointalk.org Android App

|

▄
              █
             ▐█
            ▄██
 █▌          ▐█
 ██       █████
 ▐██▌      ████
  █████    ████
▐██████▌   ████
  ██████▌ █████
  █████████████
   ████████████
  ▐████████████
   ▐███████████
   ▐███████████
    ███████████
      █████████
       ████████
         ██████
           ▀███
             ▀▀

█▄▄              █▄▄
█████▄▄         ██████▄▄
████████       ████████ █
████████ ██   ████████ ██
████████ ███ ████████ ███
████████ ████ ██████ ████
████████ █████ ████ █████
████████ ▀█████ ██ ██████
████████    ▀▀██  ███████
▀███████         ▀███████
   ▀▀███            ▀▀███
       ▀                ▀

in

█▀▀▀▄▄▄██▄
             █     ▀██▀
            █
         ▄▄▄█▄▄▄
 ████▄▄███████████▄▄████
▐██████▀▀███████▀▀██████▌
 ▀████    █████    ████▀
  ████▄  ▄█████▄  ▄████
  ▀███████████████████▀
   ▀████▄▀█████▀▄████▀
     ▀▀███▄▄▄▄▄███▀▀
         ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄████▄▄   ▄
█▄          ██████████▀▄
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄█▀▀ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▀▀█▄▄
   ▐██▄▄██████████████▄▄██▌
   ████████████████████████
  ▐████████████████████████▌
  ███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
 ▐██████     ████     ██████▌
 ███████     ████     ███████
▐████████▄▄▄██████▄▄▄████████▌
▐████████████████████████████▌
 █████▄▄▀▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▀▄▄█████
  ▀▀██████          ██████▀▀
      ▀▀▀            ▀▀▀

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌

BTC

█▌
█▌          ▐█
█████       ██
████      ▐██▌
████    █████
████   ▐██████▌
█████ ▐██████
█████████████
████████████
████████████▌
███████████▌
███████████▌
███████████
█████████
████████
██████
███▀
▀▀
topesis

Activity: 630
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 19, 2017, 08:21:47 AM

I don't think KMD will absorb BTCD, the price will be independent of each other, just like NXT and Ardor tokens. The price of BTCD may drop with time since there won't be any real development behind it.
PondSea
Legendary

Activity: 1428

View Profile
January 19, 2017, 09:50:54 AM

I don't think KMD will absorb BTCD, the price will be independent of each other, just like NXT and Ardor tokens. The price of BTCD may drop with time since there won't be any real development behind it.

I dont think it would drop at all. BTCD's value is set and convertible at that price to KMD within the next year. You cannot convert NXT to Ardor at a set price which is why the price changes.

So the real question is who is wanting to sell BTCD at lower than market value. After the swap period is done then i can see it falling.

░░░░░░░░░▀▀▀█████████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████████
░░░░▄███████▄░░░░████████
░░░░███████████░░░░██████
░░░▀███████████░░░░████░░
███▄░░░░░░░░░░▀████░░░███░░██
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████░░░██░░██
█████████████▄░░████░░░░░
░░█████████████░░█████
░░░░█████████▀░░░██████▌
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀░░░░▄████████▌
░░░░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄███████
SuperNET.org
..BarterDEX..
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
DECENTRALIZED CRYPTOCURRENCY EXCHANGE
Developed to Unite Coin Communities | ✔ SECURE ✔ FREE ✔ VISIBILITY ✔ EASY INTEGRATION |

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

milonite

Activity: 160
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 19, 2017, 10:09:04 AM

I dont think it would drop at all. BTCD's value is set and convertible at that price to KMD within the next year. You cannot convert NXT to Ardor at a set price which is why the price changes.

So the real question is who is wanting to sell BTCD at lower than market value. After the swap period is done then i can see it falling.

but if btcd falls after the swap whats the point of the 50:1 rate? this means that you could buy KMD at cheaper price the next month. It would not be better a variable rate, not a fixed rate?
stereotype
Legendary

Activity: 1554

View Profile
January 19, 2017, 10:24:18 AM

but if btcd falls after the swap whats the point of the 50:1 rate? this means that you could buy KMD at cheaper price the next month. It would not be better a variable rate, not a fixed rate?
Shouldnt the question be..... whats the point of btcd dropping after the swap?
milonite

Activity: 160
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 19, 2017, 10:30:08 AM

a dying currency no more supported?
stereotype
Legendary

Activity: 1554

View Profile
January 19, 2017, 11:01:06 AM

a dying currency token no more supported?
BTCD is now an arbitrage vehicle, which should, have a self sustaining relationship with KMD, for the next year. The only support it will need, is the kind to maintain the integrity of the blockchain.
Pages: « 1 ... 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 [200] 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 ... 878 »
  Print  

Jump to: