Bitcoin Forum
April 16, 2024, 08:25:51 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 [245] 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 ... 878 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][KMD][dPoW] Komodo - An Open, Composable Smart Chain Platform, Secured by B  (Read 1191680 times)
Blue777

Activity: 245
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 03, 2017, 04:34:23 AM

i can not log into the web https://cryptox.pl/.is it down?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ASNXT

Activity: 145
Merit: 11

View Profile
February 03, 2017, 04:37:19 AM

https://www.cryptopia.co.nz/CoinInfo/?coin=KMD&view=settings

Release from the developers Huh?

jl777 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1132

View Profile WWW
February 03, 2017, 04:57:30 AM

Alert to the Komodo users!
Do not deposit your Komodo to coinexchange.io!
It is clearly a scam: there is no support, no one in charge there. All deposits are pending for hours without any explanation whatsoever.
Many users are losing their KMD there!
I should have listened to the devs' warnings!

Our Komodo daemon crashed with all sorts of errors overnight. And we are also seeing some network issues.

No one has lost anything! Give us a chance to at least address the problems before screaming scam.

I have never used this exchange before KMD was added, and I have not been using it long enough to give an endorsement, but so far I can say that I have been able to successfully make a few small KMD deposits, trade, and withdraw > .05 BTC.

I can also confirm that changes were in fact made today that required an update to komodod, as this also affected my mining pool and I was unable to mine for several hours. You may also notice that kpx.io has not registered a new block for the last 11 hours, which I assume is also related to the same issue as it stopped registering blocks around the same time my mining pool stopped working.
There was a bug that caused nodes without the latest version to reject a block accepted by the new version. komodod, aborted when it noticed something was wrong. So rather than mining a different chain, the older nodes stopped.

While it can be debated if this was a bad behavior or good behavior, it prevented there being two competing chains.

nodes that did not update had to update via:

git pull; make

Hence my message above. At first what we saw was that until you had to restart komodod, everything was fine. So we updated the nodes as they needed to be restarted.

I was working to get a new version out and helping those with reported problems. That is why I didnt have any time do any payouts.

In general, if there is a problem, pull the latest and update. If that doesnt work, just ask for help.

At the moment we have a higher diff than hashrate, so blocks are slow, but it is simply due to the differential in hashrate vs difficulty. after the 65 block free-for-all is over, blocks will become regular again

http://www.digitalcatallaxy.com/report2015.html
100+ page annual report for SuperNET
jd1959

Activity: 529
Merit: 505

I'm on drugs, what's your excuse?

View Profile
February 03, 2017, 05:23:13 AM

Alert to the Komodo users!
Do not deposit your Komodo to coinexchange.io!
It is clearly a scam: there is no support, no one in charge there. All deposits are pending for hours without any explanation whatsoever.
Many users are losing their KMD there!
I should have listened to the devs' warnings!

Our Komodo daemon crashed with all sorts of errors overnight. And we are also seeing some network issues.

No one has lost anything! Give us a chance to at least address the problems before screaming scam.

I have never used this exchange before KMD was added, and I have not been using it long enough to give an endorsement, but so far I can say that I have been able to successfully make a few small KMD deposits, trade, and withdraw > .05 BTC.

I can also confirm that changes were in fact made today that required an update to komodod, as this also affected my mining pool and I was unable to mine for several hours. You may also notice that kpx.io has not registered a new block for the last 11 hours, which I assume is also related to the same issue as it stopped registering blocks around the same time my mining pool stopped working.
There was a bug that caused nodes without the latest version to reject a block accepted by the new version. komodod, aborted when it noticed something was wrong. So rather than mining a different chain, the older nodes stopped.

While it can be debated if this was a bad behavior or good behavior, it prevented there being two competing chains.

nodes that did not update had to update via:

git pull; make

Hence my message above. At first what we saw was that until you had to restart komodod, everything was fine. So we updated the nodes as they needed to be restarted.

I was working to get a new version out and helping those with reported problems. That is why I didnt have any time do any payouts.

In general, if there is a problem, pull the latest and update. If that doesnt work, just ask for help.

At the moment we have a higher diff than hashrate, so blocks are slow, but it is simply due to the differential in hashrate vs difficulty. after the 65 block free-for-all is over, blocks will become regular again

I know that most of time I come across as a complete arse.... but thank you James and Crew, you guys are doing amazing things...making it possible for dicks like me to make BTC for doing noting but buying and

selling. Despite the anatomic references I am happily married to someone of the opposite sex.

Cheers Jon Cool Grin

dICO Disguised Instant Cash Out
KomodoPlatform

Activity: 784
Merit: 253

Set Your Ideas Free

View Profile WWW
February 03, 2017, 05:23:38 AM

My questions are

1. I have supernet lite wallet installed, can i get my REVS asset on the nxt wallet in it?
2. Is there a last date for withdrawing coins from ICO site? I read that blockchain and wallet are yet not stable so i was thinking of waiting till they stablize.

Thanks for replying Smiley

1. SuperNET Lite wallet is part of the old supernet technology/vision, we won't continue to develop it. We don't have any plans of creating a NXT REVS proxy token. [SuperNET lite wallet uses proxy tokens].

2. We haven't set any specific date, but for sure it will stay online for one full year as that is how long the BTCD swap will last. So no rush, withdraw when you feel comfortable!

◈▣ KOMODO ● Set Your Ideas Free ▣◈
.......AECOSYSTEFONATIVE BLOCKCHAINS.......
Blockchain Generator | Atomic Swaps | Decentralized Exchange | UTXO Contracts | Community-Led | Open Source | Scalable Ecosystem
tortellino

Activity: 504

View Profile
February 03, 2017, 05:45:53 AM

so this is always the same shit shit and fuck whats happening nearly every ICO. A few days ago i wrote that it can´t be happen that KMD is going to exchange before all batches of KMD has been paid out because of fairness of trading. So far so good, i recieved my batch in time and the others should be able to deposit directly from the ICO site to exchange. Now yesterday the launch at cryptox was announced and what happened. The explorer got stuck so no more transfers were possible. I tried my transfer at 18:30 but after i got an error message and the waring in slack that other transfers got stuck i rejected. Now the price is down from 18000 sat to 13000sat without the possibility to trade.

This is not a claim against the project as itsself but that it isn´t possible to give EVERY investor the same fair chance to get the best out of its investment. I don´t wanna hear now people saying KMD is long term, you shouldn´t invest just to sell because its dumb rubbish. Everyone is free to do what he wants with his investment, because its his hard earned money (so in most cases Wink).

Again this could be a big project and maybe in a few month i would laugh about this prices but this is not the case. Fact is that you haven´t had the chance (expect a few lucky ones) to trade when you want it.

▄█████████████████▄▄▄
███████████████████████▄
██████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████  ▄▄▄▄
█████              ▀█████████▀
█████                ██████▀
█████             ▄██████▀
█████         ▄▄██████▓▀   
█████      ▄▄███████▀   ▄▓██
█████   ▄▄███████▓▀   ▄▓████
█████▄█████████▀   ▄▓██████▌
████████████▓▀   ▄▓████████
██████████▀   ▄▓██████████
████████▀   ▄███████████▀
 ▀███▓▀   ▄▓███████▀▀▀┘
.DEVAULT.     
  ●   

.COMMUNITYE
.GOVERNANCE.
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
  .ICOEE
PREMINE
████
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
████
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀  █████
████████████▀▀      ██████
▐████████▀▀   ▄▄     ██████▌
▐████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ███████▌
▐████████ █▀        ███████▌
████████ █ ▄███▄   ███████
████████████████▄▄██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
████
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
████
sambiohazard

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 03, 2017, 05:51:41 AM

My questions are

1. I have supernet lite wallet installed, can i get my REVS asset on the nxt wallet in it?
2. Is there a last date for withdrawing coins from ICO site? I read that blockchain and wallet are yet not stable so i was thinking of waiting till they stablize.

1. SuperNET Lite wallet is part of the old supernet technology/vision, we won't continue to develop it. We don't have any plans of creating a NXT REVS proxy token. [SuperNET lite wallet uses proxy tokens].

2. We haven't set any specific date, but for sure it will stay online for one full year as that is how long the BTCD swap will last. So no rush, withdraw when you feel comfortable!
ok, thanks. i have created wallet successfully and running in basilisk mode, would that be enough to receive my coins and earn interest on them?
jd1959

View Profile
February 03, 2017, 06:00:05 AM
Last edit: February 03, 2017, 06:41:59 AM by jd1959

so this is always the same shit shit and fuck whats happening nearly every ICO. A few days ago i wrote that it can´t be happen that KMD is going to exchange before all batches of KMD has been paid out because of fairness of trading. So far so good, i recieved my batch in time and the others should be able to deposit directly from the ICO site to exchange. Now yesterday the launch at cryptox was announced and what happened. The explorer got stuck so no more transfers were possible. I tried my transfer at 18:30 but after i got an error message and the waring in slack that other transfers got stuck i rejected. Now the price is down from 18000 sat to 13000sat without the possibility to trade.

This is not a claim against the project as itsself but that it isn´t possible to give EVERY investor the same fair chance to get the best out of its investment. I don´t wanna hear now people saying KMD is long term, you shouldn´t invest just to sell because its dumb rubbish. Everyone is free to do what he wants with his investment, because its his hard earned money (so in most cases Wink).

Again this could be a big project and maybe in a few month i would laugh about this prices but this is not the case. Fact is that you haven´t had the chance (expect a few lucky ones) to trade when you want it.

It sounds like you have been very butt hurt....remember don't believe the hype....the obvious play was to hold BTCD and cash out on spike then wait till everything calms down and

reinvest.... at least that's what some are doing (me).... that way you would get REV shares + profit + opportunity to buy back in when weak hands sellout at the first opportunity. Remember always read the fine print and

accept responsibility for your own actions

Cheers Jon  Wink

Edit: I will never suffer from hemorrhoids as I'm the perfect arsehole 

Big Naturals

Activity: 756
Merit: 268

View Profile
February 03, 2017, 06:06:27 AM

Noobie question, komodo looks more ambitious and advanced than most other alt coins, is there a foundation running things like there is with ethereum? What governance procedures are in place?

afaik komodo does not have any foundation, jl777 is in charge of the tech, and notary nodes were recently elected. Governance and consensus are decentralized based on voting by coin holders.

Thank you for reply, how often will elections happen, what requirements to be a future candidate?
jl777 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 03, 2017, 06:07:07 AM
Last edit: February 03, 2017, 06:37:28 AM by jl777

I have done 5 daily payouts, so anybody that requested payout BEFORE the 31st already has their KMD.

Clearly people that have KMD locally will have a time advantage over people that wait to payout to an exchange address. If an exchange is accepting deposits, it is likely trading. And with a daily payout, that is up to a 23hour head start.

Making a request prior to jan 31 had nothing to do with luck or preference. 100% of all payout requests were processed

tortellino

View Profile
February 03, 2017, 06:54:05 AM

It sounds like you have been very butt hurt....remember don't believe the hype....the obvious play was to hold BTCD and cash out on spike then wait till everything calms down and

reinvest.... at least that's what some are doing (me).... that way you would get REV shares + profit + opportunity to buy back in when weak hands sellout at the first opportunity. Remember always read the fine print and

Cheers Jon  Wink

You are talking rubbish Jon and you know that. Thats the sort of answer i expected from one of the cheerleader. How u get the KMD, directly about IC= or swapping BTCD wasn´t the topic. The topic was that if you get listed on a exchange (doesn´t matter what exchange) the investors should possible to withdraw their investment and trade it. That wasn´t the case, thats true. You are talking about something completely different so either u just want to provocate or you can´t understand what i wanna mention. In first case you are right with your edit, but that its right in your face. In second case even you should now understand it.

▄█████████████████▄▄▄
███████████████████████▄
█████         ▄▄██████▓▀   
 ▀███▓▀   ▄▓███████▀▀▀┘
.DEVAULT.     
  ●   

.COMMUNITYE
.GOVERNANCE.
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
  .ICOEE
PREMINE
████
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
████
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀  █████
████████████████▄▄██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
████
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
████
KomodoPlatform

Activity: 784
Merit: 253

Set Your Ideas Free

View Profile WWW
February 03, 2017, 06:57:45 AM

My questions are

ok, thanks. i have created wallet successfully and running in basilisk mode, would that be enough to receive my coins and earn interest on them?

Yes, when the coins sit on an address they accumulate interest. It doesn't matter whatever you are using 'full mode' or 'basilisk mode' on your Iguana app.

If the blockchain would be a living thing, it wouldn't know which mode you were using. It's just a database, and the funds move to a different address once you poke it with the correct privatekey.

◈▣ KOMODO ● Set Your Ideas Free ▣◈
.......AECOSYSTEFONATIVE BLOCKCHAINS.......
Blockchain Generator | Atomic Swaps | Decentralized Exchange | UTXO Contracts | Community-Led | Open Source | Scalable Ecosystem
tortellino

View Profile
February 03, 2017, 06:57:47 AM

I have done 5 daily payouts, so anybody that requested payout BEFORE the 31st already has their KMD.

Clearly people that have KMD locally will have a time advantage over people that wait to payout to an exchange address. If an exchange is accepting deposits, it is likely trading. And with a daily payout, that is up to a 23hour head start.

Making a request prior to jan 31 had nothing to do with luck or preference. 100% of all payout requests were processed

@jl777: got my KMD right in time in IGUANA wallet but wasn´t able yesterday to withdraw it to my Cryptox KMD wallet address because of error messages. Thats the point for me. Others were able to withdraw but the transactions got stuck. 

▄█████████████████▄▄▄
███████████████████████▄
█████         ▄▄██████▓▀   
 ▀███▓▀   ▄▓███████▀▀▀┘
.DEVAULT.     
  ●   

.COMMUNITYE
.GOVERNANCE.
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
  .ICOEE
PREMINE
████
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
████
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀  █████
████████████████▄▄██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
████
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
████
jl777 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 03, 2017, 07:17:52 AM

We did find a fork that some nodes are on. It is not well connected with the mainchain nodes, likely they blacklisted each other. So I did not know about this fork at first. It would have been better had all the komodod on the wrong chain aborted...

I would recommend to not do transactions for a while as it is likely that the wrong chain will reorg and the transactions undone anyway. That means if you are the receiver of these tx, it is likely to be undone.

There is an explorer that is on the wrong chain at this moment: http://www.zpool.ca/explorer/1720 block 182053

so if you see your tx in the above, it is not valid.

I am in touch with cryptox.pl to make sure they are on the right chain.

Also, for those who are wanting their payout, please understand that it is not a good idea to do more transactions during a blockchain event. Let us wait for things to reach consensus.

blockchains reach eventual consensus. that means eventually they will be in consensus, but it is possible they are out of consensus. that is part of the design.

jl777 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 03, 2017, 07:22:27 AM

@jl777: got my KMD right in time in IGUANA wallet but wasn´t able yesterday to withdraw it to my Cryptox KMD wallet address because of error messages. Thats the point for me. Others were able to withdraw but the transactions got stuck. 
I understand your frustration and I apologize for the troubles, we are doing the best we can to get things working normally.

And cryptox.pl is up and running fine at this point.

I think all complex systems will run into troubles, the true measure is not whether such things happen or not (they will happen), but how it is handled.

I know lack of explorer makes everyone feel blind, but there is an explorer built into iguana. We are also in the process of porting the insight explorer to run on SuperNET managed nodes.

jl777 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 03, 2017, 07:25:18 AM

I just heard from coinexchange.io and they say they are also on the mainchain with the right version.

stereotype
Legendary

Activity: 1554

View Profile
February 03, 2017, 07:26:37 AM

.......the true measure is not whether such things happen or not (they will happen), but how it is handled.
A life's lesson, right there. ^^^
jd1959

View Profile
February 03, 2017, 07:34:55 AM
Last edit: February 03, 2017, 07:48:01 AM by jd1959

Cheers Jon  Wink

You are talking rubbish Jon and you know that. Thats the sort of answer i expected from one of the cheerleader. How u get the KMD, directly about IC= or swapping BTCD wasn´t the topic. The topic was that if you get listed on a exchange (doesn´t matter what exchange) the investors should possible to withdraw their investment and trade it. That wasn´t the case, thats true. You are talking about something completely different so either u just want to provocate or you can´t understand what i wanna mention. In first case you are right with your edit, but that its right in your face. In second case even you should now understand it.

I'm no band leader..I just keep ROFLMAO at newbies that don't see the big picture.... this is crypto or in old world language the wild west....it's shoot 1st and ask/answer ?'s at the inquest...this ICO has made me better than a BTC

I do feel sorry for those that contributed to my profiteering........ but I'm sure they'll got over it...I did.... I never meet a profit I didn't like

Cheers Jon  Grin

Edit: I'm more than happy to Troll/Fud to make a profit

Tempest8

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 03, 2017, 07:43:41 AM

i can not log into the web https://cryptox.pl/. is it down?

Seem to be up now.
jwiz168

Activity: 910

View Profile
February 03, 2017, 07:52:43 AM

What fascinates me about iguana with komodo tokens in it is every time I logged in my balance increases little bit. Basically it is exactly what the devs are saying. Cool
Pages: « 1 ... 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 [245] 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 ... 878 »
  Print  

Jump to: