Bitcoin Forum
April 16, 2024, 09:19:09 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 [395] 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 ... 878 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][KMD][dPoW] Komodo - An Open, Composable Smart Chain Platform, Secured by B  (Read 1191680 times)
tclo

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 30, 2017, 03:55:57 PM

Silly that we can't request another swap payout when we have once pending already.

Also would be great if you could process the swap payouts once per day / every other day.

Yes once per week was fine when the market wasn't moving but now that BTCD and KMD are very volatile, and KMD is rising, it would be helpful if could process the withdrawals more often.

However, I know you have other priorities and just a suggestion/request.
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
tclo

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 30, 2017, 04:15:41 PM

KMD price seems to have stablized around .00015.  There is good support at the .00014 level.

Check out Supernet (UNITY).  It is starting to rise again on Poloniex:

https://poloniex.com/exchange#btc_unity

I bought a bunch of it the last couple of days and would add more here if I wasn't already loaded up with KMD, BTCD, and UNITY at the moment.
talikila

Activity: 255
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 30, 2017, 04:32:51 PM

KMD price seems to have stablized around .00015.  There is good support at the .00014 level.

I bought a bunch of it the last couple of days and would add more here if I wasn't already loaded up with KMD, BTCD, and UNITY at the moment.

You are very smart person and You can buy more KMD coins with cheap price and it will give you more profits, guy. I also have a big profit when I bought
5,000KMD with the price at 0,00008055btc 10 days ago. Do not sell KMD coins under 0,25usd or you never have no profit then.
Darker45
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1852

🙏🏼Padayon...🙏

View Profile
March 30, 2017, 04:42:40 PM

You are very smart person and You can buy more KMD coins with cheap price and it will give you more profits, guy. I also have a big profit when I bought
5,000KMD with the price at 0,00008055btc 10 days ago. Do not sell KMD coins under 0,25usd or you never have no profit then.

I am holding mine. I am very very confident komodo will get listed in poloniex soon. Dunno if I want it delayed until btcd swap is done as I believe they are a big part of the sell wall.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
gadado

Activity: 965
Merit: 515

View Profile
March 30, 2017, 04:52:01 PM
Last edit: March 30, 2017, 05:04:02 PM by gadado

And yes I killed the processes even restarted the PC cleaned the kmodo folders several times and installed java again and such. I don't use the installer version... So maybe there is some essential setting missing here?

It has been noted multiple times by the devs that the installer should be run first.  You can continue using the zip version(s) afterwards, of course.  Sometimes quick updates get released without installers, but the latest installer version will do.

I know but Installer is a "no go" to me. I don't know if I am the only person in the world that do not trust installers where you give admin rights etc. I could install it on a virtual MC but that's also not what I like to have.

If it really requires registry entries .. A zip and a description of what settings has to be done (registry) and dll needed to copy or install in the system is what I prefer.
I will try to analyse the installer script and do the things manual or give up and eighter risk to keep them on the exchange for some days or switch the coins if it becomes too crazy for me to do.

For the ones still haveing that JavaScript Error and the suggested (issue 74?) didn't help:
You most likely have put that manual created config jason file into the wrong folder or named it wrong. It's tricky to find the correct folder.

What you can also do if nothing helps .. open said .js script (see the JavaScript Error message) in a text editor and move that function method whatever upward in the text file.
You can open a newer file in guithub and compare with your one to see where to move it too. That was my first workaround. Not sure if it even might be possible to just take and use that new file.. they made too many changes there for me to tell.
Thenoticer

Activity: 332

View Profile
March 30, 2017, 04:57:22 PM

@jl777 - thanks for your answer!

I'm really curious about this tech, so if you don't mind, I have couple more questions:

The above will convert 1 USD worth of KMD into pax USD.

1. How does PAX know current KMD/USD rate?

2. If I convert some KMD to USD now, on PAX1, will that USD be "reachable/valid" after you release PAX2 with dynamic supply?

3. Scenario: User converts 100 KMD at rate 1 USD/KMD, so he gets 100 PAX USD. In the meantime, KMD price falls to 0.5 USD/KMD. Now he converts 100 PAX USD to KMD and gets 200 KMD. From where does that 100 KMD comes from? Also, where does initially converted KMD "go"?

Thanks! This is really interesting, very cool.
1. Notary nodes are putting price feed into the blocks they mine. From this data a process similar to what Augur uses calculates a determistic price by all nodes that requires a 51% attack to change the price to a fake price. Each node has a paxprice cli call that you can see what the price is for that block.

2. PAX2 will of course honor all PAX1 positions, it will likely be a gradual transition process as more and more of PAX2 features are added to PAX1, until one day it is PAX2

3. The conversion process burns the KMD by using an OP_RETURN. Assuming a stable price, over time the deposits and withdraws will cancel out any gains/losses. However as a worst case meltdown scenario, we have set aside enough KMD to absorb conversions that use up the KMD. This is why PAX2 is needed before we remove the volume caps on issuable amounts so that the risk is always limited to absorbable levels.

To handle a BTC and/or KMD meltdown scenario, there is a floor price of 2500 sats that the conversion wont go below. Since this is approx the BTC reserves I felt it a reasonable floor price. Given a floor price, the max exposure can be calculated.

However due to the limited amount issuable with PAX1, I dont think redeems will be an issue and that all the issued PAX currencies will simply circulate around in the ecosystem. Since KMD is burned to issue the PAX, as long as BTC and KMD are long term increasing, PAX usage will actually create more KMD.

Regarding point 3. I am understanding that kmd is burned when issueing pax. When converting pax back to kmd, I am a little confused. [I assumed the kmd was locked (not burned) and unusable when converted to pax until unlocked when converted back from pax, and the pax burned. ]

Based on your reply, do I understand right that there is a pool of kmd set aside by the developers that gets dipped into when converting pax back to kmd? And because you don't think redeems will be an issue this pool will never go dry?
Lock/Unlock
Burn/Recreate

these are really the same effect.

So the reserve is only for net shortfall, ie. if it will need more KMD to recreate the USD value than was burned.

But the practical conversion is pax -> BTC, so to convert to KMD and then to BTC will be an extra step and the conversion to KMD is not fast. By directly being able t DEX from pax -> BTC, it will be faster and also avoids the issue. Since the supply is strictly limited, I dont forsee any large demand to redeem.

Of course if there is, we will allow such redeems.

I think I see where you are going with this, most pax coins will just trade for btc so no need to "unwind" (unlock)(recreate) them back to kmd.

Are there any quotes from the pax white paper that describe this in more detail, specifically this extra pool of kmd that will be used in case of a net shortfall, you can share?

Also, and this has got me thinking, what happens to the supply of kmd when the pax conversions start? Ie: How many kmd do you guesstimate will be locked/burned and unavailable once pax 1 starts? Pax2?

And say in a scenario where a small country decides to use pax and all of a sudden issues a few billion pax of the local currency, what does this do to kmd supply?

Thanks jl777
Frogman
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1003

View Profile WWW
March 30, 2017, 05:01:48 PM

these wallets suck. why cant you just release a normal wallet like every other swinging dick? None of these tips are helping. Angry

A lot of coins don't even have a GUI wallet. XMR just added one recently and it is in the Top 5 cryptos.  So yes it will be a huge positive if we get a stable KMD wallet (and mobile added later), but I get why it is taking awhile.

I get that, i just dont know what to do. I dont even know if my coins are safe. Sad
markj113
Legendary

Activity: 2254
Merit: 1043

View Profile
March 30, 2017, 05:23:43 PM

I get that, i just dont know what to do. I dont even know if my coins are safe. Sad

Have you tried making a linux live boot USB stick?

Have you installed the zcash params?
Have you installed the installer version before trying to run the zipped folder?
mankeen

Activity: 644
Merit: 292

View Profile
March 30, 2017, 05:35:41 PM

Hi there, new Agama wallet doesn't work. I think it will be fixed soon. but my main issue is kmd explorer doesn't show my Balance.  Sad
I have the latest version AgamaApp-0.1.6.1e-beta-win-x64 not fix it
sherm77

Activity: 95
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
March 30, 2017, 06:37:56 PM

these wallets suck. why cant you just release a normal wallet like every other swinging dick? None of these tips are helping. Angry

A lot of coins don't even have a GUI wallet. XMR just added one recently and it is in the Top 5 cryptos.  So yes it will be a huge positive if we get a stable KMD wallet (and mobile added later), but I get why it is taking awhile.

What is your kmd address?  You can look up your transactions here:  https://kpx.io/  You can be sure that the balance in your address is correct.  Don't delete the wallet.dat on your computer, that's where the info is and what you need to backup.

If you go to https://sprnt.slack.com, you can talk to the devs working on the wallet in real-time and they can help you fix your issues maybe in a few minutes.  I have 5 wallets running on Macs and Linux successfully and one cli wallet on a DL380 server in full mode.
jl777 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1132

View Profile WWW
March 30, 2017, 07:07:44 PM

I think I see where you are going with this, most pax coins will just trade for btc so no need to "unwind" (unlock)(recreate) them back to kmd.

Are there any quotes from the pax white paper that describe this in more detail, specifically this extra pool of kmd that will be used in case of a net shortfall, you can share?

Also, and this has got me thinking, what happens to the supply of kmd when the pax conversions start? Ie: How many kmd do you guesstimate will be locked/burned and unavailable once pax 1 starts? Pax2?

And say in a scenario where a small country decides to use pax and all of a sudden issues a few billion pax of the local currency, what does this do to kmd supply?

Thanks jl777
The pax paper will cover most things with more details. For pax1, I set aside a fixed amount of KMD enough to cover even the total meltdown scenarios. With pax2 the goal is a dynamically adaptive supply that manages risk within specified limits. Think of it as an automated self-insuring blockchain enforced supply.

For pax 1, the most KMD that is likely to be locked (burned) is several million. For pax2 I would like to be able to handle an order of magnitude more so I dont expect any reduced supply effect to affect price that much until pax2.

To handle a small country's usage, I would need to adapt the pax mechanism to create sidechains for this small country's currency. So N blockchains all DEX connected to each other, all using the same token.

Of course such large demand would dramatically reduce the freely available KMD, which is designed to have the effect of increasing its price so as to reduce the total that is needed to be locked (burned).

http://www.digitalcatallaxy.com/report2015.html
100+ page annual report for SuperNET
R-J-F

Activity: 1078
Merit: 310

AKA RJF - Member since '13

View Profile
March 30, 2017, 07:09:08 PM

A lot of coins don't even have a GUI wallet. XMR just added one recently and it is in the Top 5 cryptos.  So yes it will be a huge positive if we get a stable KMD wallet (and mobile added later), but I get why it is taking awhile.

Your coins exist on the KMD blockchain, not in your wallet. The wallet is simply a way to manipulate them, it does not store them.

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." Ben Franklin
yassin54
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 30, 2017, 07:10:08 PM

Kryptowerk
Legendary

Activity: 2030
Merit: 1401

Disobey.

View Profile
March 30, 2017, 07:51:18 PM

Oh boy, just downloaded the latest Agama wallet and it always stucks when connecting. somwhere at 43/50: SHARK
When I ALT+F4 to close it and then try to start Agama again I get an Java Error. But it then loads again and is stuck again after 43/50.

Anyway, no one has answered my question so far: Is there a way to view / extract the private keys of your wallet from Agama?

Get educated about Bitcoin. Check out Andreas Antonopoulos on Youtube. An old but gold talk: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rc744Z9IjhY

Daniel Schmachtenberger on The Meta-Crisis: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4kBoLVvoqVY&t=288s One of the most important talks about the current state of this planet. Go check it out.
ohforf

Activity: 327

we are legion

View Profile
March 30, 2017, 07:53:26 PM

komodo looking from development perspective and price wise also . Good job

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
▀██████ EAT SLEEP DECENTRALIZE ██████▀
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Frogman
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1003

View Profile WWW
March 30, 2017, 07:56:51 PM

Have you installed the installer version before trying to run the zipped folder?

Yes for the last one. I just didnt realize i had to jump through firey hoops just to access my investments.  Roll Eyes
sherm77

Activity: 95
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
March 30, 2017, 08:10:02 PM

luckpool.org  actively mining Komodo!

- Currently 7 miners, ~17K sol/s
- Paid out 925 KMD
- Found 330 blocks
- Rentals work just fine!  (miningrigrentals.com, nicehash.com, hashtap on zpool.ca)
- Admin & dev is the one that has brought beautification to z-nomp and added lots of nice features - Hellcatz!

1% pool fee for Komodo - the pool is very careful to pay out what you've mined as timely as the network allows

Come and join us for Komodo mining!  Cpu, GPU, hamster on wheel, whatever you have! Cheesy
solix

Activity: 180
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 30, 2017, 08:10:35 PM

And yes I killed the processes even restarted the PC cleaned the kmodo folders several times and installed java again and such. I don't use the installer version... So maybe there is some essential setting missing here?

It has been noted multiple times by the devs that the installer should be run first.  You can continue using the zip version(s) afterwards, of course.  Sometimes quick updates get released without installers, but the latest installer version will do.

I know but Installer is a "no go" to me. I don't know if I am the only person in the world that do not trust installers where you give admin rights etc. I could install it on a virtual MC but that's also not what I like to have.

If it really requires registry entries .. A zip and a description of what settings has to be done (registry) and dll needed to copy or install in the system is what I prefer.
I will try to analyse the installer script and do the things manual or give up and eighter risk to keep them on the exchange for some days or switch the coins if it becomes too crazy for me to do.

For the ones still haveing that JavaScript Error and the suggested (issue 74?) didn't help:
You most likely have put that manual created config jason file into the wrong folder or named it wrong. It's tricky to find the correct folder.

What you can also do if nothing helps .. open said .js script (see the JavaScript Error message) in a text editor and move that function method whatever upward in the text file.
You can open a newer file in guithub and compare with your one to see where to move it too. That was my first workaround. Not sure if it even might be possible to just take and use that new file.. they made too many changes there for me to tell.

Yeah my favorite thing in the world is electrum portable. I have no idea why a portable / 7z / zip archive isn't released along side the installer for those of us that use network / NFS VMs / encrypted NAS'es etc.

Your Ad here! PM us now if you'd like to advertise here.
Zechis966

Activity: 350

http://cointedtoken.com/

View Profile
March 30, 2017, 08:18:50 PM

A lot of coins don't even have a GUI wallet. XMR just added one recently and it is in the Top 5 cryptos.  So yes it will be a huge positive if we get a stable KMD wallet (and mobile added later), but I get why it is taking awhile.

Your coins exist on the KMD blockchain, not in your wallet. The wallet is simply a way to manipulate them, it does not store them.

I think he either means with html wallets you have to trust...or that the gui wallets can be buggy thus possibly leading one to make a wrong move.

Agree though obviously if he'd just check the blockchain...

I think this wallet is super fucking legit for how fresh it is. Same functionality currently as many others but the look of it is pleasant on the eye and it sounds funny but that's a really important factor when you think of millions of global accumulated hours possibly looking at it.

I noticed when you send from bittrex to basilisk mode for me the balances never show, then once I see chain verified Trans I go to wallet and click fetch data? I think that's the option...and then click refresh and boom there's the balance

markj113
Legendary

Activity: 2254
Merit: 1043

View Profile
March 30, 2017, 08:19:02 PM
Last edit: March 30, 2017, 08:36:12 PM by markj113

Yes for the last one. I just didnt realize i had to jump through firey hoops just to access my investments.  Roll Eyes

Have you checked the iguana & komodo processes are running in task manager? (Avast didnt like Komodo on my install)

Are you using basilisk mode?

It takes 10 minutes to make a linux live usb stick (a guide was posted a few pages back).

As for jumping through hoops the issues seem to be more based on your setup than a general problem with the wallet.

Pages: « 1 ... 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 [395] 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 ... 878 »
  Print  

Jump to: