Bitcoin Forum
April 20, 2024, 04:27:57 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 586 587 588 589 590 591 592 593 [594] 595 596 597 598 599 600 601 602 603 604 605 606 607 608 609 610 611 612 613 614 615 616 617 618 619 620 621 622 623 624 625 626 627 628 629 630 631 632 633 634 635 636 637 638 639 640 641 642 643 644 ... 878 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][KMD][dPoW] Komodo - An Open, Composable Smart Chain Platform, Secured by B  (Read 1191683 times)
awill333

Activity: 225
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 14, 2017, 12:24:05 AM

--> "The beginning line for the dex install says '# as root'. I googled this and came up with (sudo -i)"
just for an easy reference anything that installs 'as root' (which is typical to much installations done on ubuntu) can be called as the command is stated simply with a "sudo" in front of it.
This is true for most cases, but not for all. The following will not work with just "sudo" in front of it:
Code:
echo "deb http://ftp.debian.org/debian/ sid main non-free contrib" >> /etc/apt/sources.list
The script was written with the intention to get BarterDEX installed quickly by just executing the commands as written there, without the need for too much explications.
BTW, when you order a server in a datacenter they will very likely send you login credentials for user root, so you get a server with a minimal linux installation and without any users configured, so you will always start with a ssh session as root. If you then follow the script line by line, it fits perfectly (assuming it is debian 9, ubuntu has slightly different package names, other versions and so on)

-> "The other question I had about the install was the switching to barterdex user at the end of that section. When installing the marketmaker section, this is installed under the barterdex user. I assume this is correct? It also appears these instructions will install bitcoin (which i didn't do) under the barterdex user. Should I be installing all coins including kmd with barterdex user?"
this part was interesting also, when I did the Lp setup I just used the same user but perhaps using a specific user to barterdex grants needed privs and securities (?) I just started with the new install instructions and got so far as creating the user installing the tools again.. to answer your question though it seems to make good sense that any coins you are using are installed into that users account otherwise the tools may have permission problems when attempting to access the blockchains .. So I would assume to install and run everything under the same user.
edit: actually I think I am wrong here as the komodod and bitcoind are communicating through rpc calls not the user accounts.. my blockchains are already synced with a different user account that 'owns' them so now I am trying to I guess change permissions so the other user can read the blockchains then run the komodod and bitcoind with the barterdex user.. this should work, will right back
marketmaker communicates with the wallets through rpc-calls, it is not touching the blockchain files, but to be able to do this it has to read the config of the wallet to get the correct rpcuser and rpcpassword from there. This means that marketmaker (BarterDEX) has to run under the same user as the wallets.

yes, I am remembering now. I had some difficulties not realizing that marketmaker was using the config files to get the rpc infos the first time I installed these..  However, I think I am in disagree as to the only option being running from the same user. This would be the simple more obvious approach, everything in the same user account.  my system is already setup differently though so I made some adjustments to allow group permissions. that way the two users can both read/write to the files. anyways, not to overcomplexify what is already complex Smiley I still haven't done my first atomic swap but thats about to happen ..

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
okie dokie

Activity: 63
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 14, 2017, 01:27:11 AM

I hope everyone realizes that I am not part of the team.

Moving forward. Should I reinstall kmd  and lightcoin but do it with the barterdex user that is created in the barterdex build instructions? Currently kmd and litecoin are installed on the default user account and the barterdex is installed on the barterdex account.

I also think the instructions for barterdex DID work, but not sure how to exactly determine that.
awill333

View Profile
September 14, 2017, 01:57:46 AM

I hope everyone realizes that I am not part of the team.

Moving forward. Should I reinstall kmd  and lightcoin but do it with the barterdex user that is created in the barterdex build instructions? Currently kmd and litecoin are installed on the default user account and the barterdex is installed on the barterdex account.

I also think the instructions for barterdex DID work, but not sure how to exactly determine that.

I set group permissions on all the required files, that should work. of course to be sure you can put them all in the same user, whichever is easier. just speculation like I said, I havent done my swap still Smiley it's a slow day. there is a tool to do this, using the gui to set the group permissions is not by default included with ubuntu but can be installed: 'sudo apt-get install gnome-system-tools' .. in theory that should work fine just give the group designated to both users read/write permissions on required folders and set to recursive. this may just confound everything also could be simple Wink will see in a moment
ka82

Activity: 183

View Profile
September 14, 2017, 03:07:20 AM

@ka82

We have already established that the barterdex is allowing coin to coin atomic swaps

The liquidity multiplier is a feature allowing for extra degrees of trading freedom.

I believe your point is that because of the opensource nature of code and ideas anyone can implement this, therefore nothing special.

While maybe this is true, it fails to take into account the view of the larger picture. The whole of supernet is a suite of tools. Liquidity multiplier is a very powerful tool. Atomic exchange is a very powerful tool. Jumblr is a very powerful tool. Kmd, assetchains, chips, etc, are powerful tools. The system benefits from these powerful tools.

Liquidity multiplier is special because it makes all of the other tools more powerful. It gets extra points for being a feature almost no exchanges use.

If some other project decides that it is a great idea and uses a liquidity multiplier then everyone still benefits. The goal has never been to fight against ourselves to see who has the highest market cap.

My question on liquidity multiplier (LM) was about the technical implementation of its algorithm. Since jl777 is saying that komodo offers LM which others don't, I wanted to see how innovative and complex it is?

http://Https://github.com/SuperNETorg/komodo/wiki/Setting-up-Liquidity-Provider-(LP)-Node#installing-liquidity-provider-lp-node-on-ubuntudebian-system

Here you go. Im sure the code is in here. You can answer your own question as to how complex and innovative it is instead of letting others do the work for you. Please let us know what you find after digging through the code.

Hope that helps

I can't open the link!

I really can't understand the agenda of ka82 . He or she has been critical with Komodo platform ever since . Full of doubts are his questioning and skepticism is written all over his/her statement . URLs are simple but instead of correcting it he/she resort to the thread as if everything is wrong in komodo. It is so obvious that the link above was a typo . So lazy that is . Just relied on link without even checking if the URL syntax is correct.

I have no agenda...I'm just a pissed investor...I was bought into the Komodo's philosophy and idea of creating anaymous tokens and DEX and that they're doing something unique, etc etc...I started using their wallet in May, it worked fine for few times but then it kept giving errors and not getting logged in, so we were told to change some files in komodo to fix the glitches but it didn't help....I was glad that they created an app for the Legder Nano S so I tried to move out my coins from Agma to physical wallet, however it didn't show that my coins were transferred and the balance displayed incorrectly....I kept doing it for few days until I was able to move them all out to my physical wallet and kept it there until very recently...

then few weeks back I saw that in KMD website it was advertised that they have a BIG "announcement" and they put a count down in the site starting from 5 days....that certainly caused to hype the price to about $3.65......then it comes to the day of announcement which everyone knows how terrible it went...people try to justify the presentation by saying that they're tech people and they have their priorities set and the marketing wasn't part of their top priorities (then why wallets not working 100%?). Some also say that by the announcement they just wanted to give an update to their investors and supporters. If that's the case what was it about ALL this big show and count-down? it was just very immature & deceiving.

What you mentioned above and that I don't check the link to find the typo in the URL link is similar to the way Komodo team practices its developments...they build a wallet from the ground up but there's a minor tweak in it. They know how "easily" it can be fixed but they release their product to the public anyways, expecting everyone to know how they should run & fix the wallet!

So after 5 months that the wallets not working smoothly and after the announcement I think I should be very critical about their project so to understand whether I should keep the rest of my positions in KMD.

The team of Komodo has visions to enhance the industry of cryptos and blockchains. It is a very complex paradigm if you ask me as I have been a programmer all my career.  I would estimate the ecosystem of the project to be completed even in 3 to 4 years. You have only wanted to invest in short term that is why you are pissed. Go to Dogecoin instead where regular P&D happened. If you are really savvy investor on exchanges go ahead maybe you can earn more but not with Komodo platform in short term. If and when sidechains are starting to pop up then that is really the time it will have a strong run but for now its accumulation period for us believers.

I'm certainly not a short term investor/speculator....but when I see that komodo talks about complex eco-system but fails to deliver a rather simple wallet functionality then I have my doubts...I then said they may be looking at a big picture and I can't judge them based on this. So I moved my coins to a wallet that works just fine. But then after five months and before the announcement I saw several other comments from different users who have trouble with the wallet (both agma and swing). Combining this with the presentation I had to speak up and become vigilant about this project. Even after they put up new website we can't still find a road-map about the project...that's crazy. It's crazy that the team can't list their progress into a simple chronological order....almost all the website that I've checked they have some kind of roadmap. Check Nimiq for example (ranking around 200) with one tenth of market cap.
indeed

Activity: 100
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 14, 2017, 03:28:32 AM

boom, can't wait to see what's brewin.
veneg

Activity: 282
Merit: 260

View Profile
September 14, 2017, 05:15:55 AM

Investors bags are getting bigger and bigger.I'm intrigued about the price in the next wave Roll Eyes
MoneyJ

Activity: 1022
Merit: 504

GoMeat - Digitalizing Meat Stores - ICO

View Profile
September 14, 2017, 06:10:01 AM

Bigger is better, and the bigger number of sidechains that want to have Komodo technology , the more valuable Komodo tokens would it become. Hurrah!!!

█████████████████████████████
████▀▀ ▄▄▄ ▀▀████▀ ▄▄▄▄ ▀████
███▀ ███████▄ ██ ▄██████▄ ███
███ ████▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████████████
███▄ ███████▀ █▄ ▀██████▀▀███
████▄ ▀▀▀▀▀ ▄████▄ ▀▀▀▀ ▄████
.GoMeat.  300+ STORES ALREADY ONBOARD
 THE FIRST PROJECT OF ITS KIND

ONLY 160K TOKENS REMAINING
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
veneg

Activity: 282
Merit: 260

View Profile
September 14, 2017, 06:14:13 AM

Bigger is better, and the bigger number of sidechains that want to have Komodo technology , the more valuable Komodo tokens would it become. Hurrah!!!
I think that with the future Monaize dICO,there will be an awakening in the Komodo platform
awill333

View Profile
September 14, 2017, 06:24:02 AM

I think that with the future Monaize dICO,there will be an awakening in the Komodo platform

now the trick will be to enable the common user to have access to the dICO, before it happens. that will be a pivotal moment from komodo, I look forward to participating if for nothing other than to show support. we just got to make sure that enough people can actually use the platform so the event is a success. this is why I am working on my barterdex skills now Smiley i would encourage anyone else who would like to participate to do the same.. as autumn is not far distant .. i think i heard correctly that it was autumn of this year .. ?
awill333

View Profile
September 14, 2017, 06:45:18 AM

also I have a question, as currently working on the command line barterdex, was following this guide:
https://github.com/SuperNETorg/komodo/wiki/Setting-up-Liquidity-Provider-(LP)-Node

""
External services

Bittrex.com account with activated API key. LP node will put funds on both Centralised Exchange and on it's local wallet to gain more liquidity.
    Blocktrail.com account with activated API key. It is needed for querying blockchain data from explorer. No funds needed to be in Blocktrail.com. Basilisk needs to query explorer level data which is not available locally, and neither the notary nodes have them. So, in this case Blocktrail.com API is used to query explorer level data ONLY.
""

actually two questions, is the bittrex api needed if you plan to use only as a client and not actual LP node? also I logged into blocktrail and there is no obvious way to get the api.. that is essential? now the site forwards to btc.com as they (blocktrail) were apparently acquired recently.

other than that everything seems to be running smoothly. I can view orderbook, etc. but most of the orders appear to be old, haven't actually executed a trade yet..

$./autotrade
curl: (52) Empty reply from server

^ perhaps due to api's not being setup?
ronnieppatel

Activity: 86

View Profile
September 14, 2017, 07:40:33 AM

Komodo keeps their eyes on the stars and their feet on the ground.It relates the best eService.
jl777B

Activity: 476
Merit: 133

View Profile
September 14, 2017, 08:56:19 AM

also I have a question, as currently working on the command line barterdex, was following this guide:
https://github.com/SuperNETorg/komodo/wiki/Setting-up-Liquidity-Provider-(LP)-Node

""
External services

Bittrex.com account with activated API key. LP node will put funds on both Centralised Exchange and on it's local wallet to gain more liquidity.
    Blocktrail.com account with activated API key. It is needed for querying blockchain data from explorer. No funds needed to be in Blocktrail.com. Basilisk needs to query explorer level data which is not available locally, and neither the notary nodes have them. So, in this case Blocktrail.com API is used to query explorer level data ONLY.
""

actually two questions, is the bittrex api needed if you plan to use only as a client and not actual LP node? also I logged into blocktrail and there is no obvious way to get the api.. that is essential? now the site forwards to btc.com as they (blocktrail) were apparently acquired recently.

other than that everything seems to be running smoothly. I can view orderbook, etc. but most of the orders appear to be old, haven't actually executed a trade yet..

$./autotrade

I had to change the default port from 7779 to 7783 so you would need to update all the scripts you changed in dexscripts after running install (from exchanges dir)

I removed the dependency on iguana to simplify the installation and runtime environments and iguana was handling the exchanges api talking to bittrex. so that is temporarily disabled. also no need for blocktrail, the new changes will make that unnecessary.

the marketmaker code got most of the iguana codebase custom ported into it, just need to do that with the exchange interface code.

For now my priority is to make the install and runtime as easy as possible. some big changes coming in the next week or two. I dont want to publicly disclose the current changes I am working on quite yet as I am not 100% sure I can get it to work, 99% sure, but not 100%. There is more than just one if statement to change.
tellaw

Activity: 93

View Profile
September 14, 2017, 09:47:02 AM

""
External services

""

$./autotrade

I had to change the default port from 7779 to 7783 so you would need to update all the scripts you changed in dexscripts after running install (from exchanges dir)

I removed the dependency on iguana to simplify the installation and runtime environments and iguana was handling the exchanges api talking to bittrex. so that is temporarily disabled. also no need for blocktrail, the new changes will make that unnecessary.

the marketmaker code got most of the iguana codebase custom ported into it, just need to do that with the exchange interface code.

For now my priority is to make the install and runtime as easy as possible. some big changes coming in the next week or two. I dont want to publicly disclose the current changes I am working on quite yet as I am not 100% sure I can get it to work, 99% sure, but not 100%. There is more than just one if statement to change.

Looking forward to the big changes for komodo the next two weeks !

thx looking good !

Keep up the good work.
Franticcrypto

Activity: 91

View Profile
September 14, 2017, 10:26:55 AM

""
External services

""

$./autotrade

Keep up the good work, for now I just keep accumulating at these low prices, love it!
njappboy

Activity: 34

View Profile
September 14, 2017, 11:04:22 AM

Komodo Team I must say I'm very impressed by the recent velocity of the platform, from both a technology and human freedom perspective.

I have a question for the komodo development team. What are the best methods for developers to contribute to the platform? Specifically to decentralize the ongoing development and release process to the global community.
jl777B

View Profile
September 14, 2017, 11:05:50 AM

Komodo Team I must say I'm very impressed by the recent velocity of the platform, from both a technology and human freedom perspective.

I have a question for the komodo development team. What are the best methods for developers to contribute to the platform? Specifically to decentralize the ongoing development and release process to the global community.
join SuperNET slack and contact @pondsea
okie dokie

View Profile
September 14, 2017, 05:03:57 PM

Out in the distance I can envision a smart contract for the governance of a town or city run on the komodo platform.

It seems James is always on the cutting edge providing use case scenerios for tech, I wonder what smart contracts he is planning.

Komodo DAO?
okie dokie

View Profile
September 14, 2017, 06:03:26 PM

James and crew,

Upthred we were discussing installation  barterdex user account and installing coins under that account name or linking them with permissions. Can you weigh in on this please?
jl777B

View Profile
September 14, 2017, 06:08:26 PM

James and crew,

Upthred we were discussing installation  barterdex user account and installing coins under that account name or linking them with permissions. Can you weigh in on this please?
There are recent developments that sidestep this issue entirely.

I dont want to announce yet, but we are discussing it in slack
D3legacy

Activity: 178

View Profile
September 14, 2017, 06:36:36 PM

After downloading and installing the Komodo Wallet i always get the following error when im trying to start it:

A gerneral unexpected critical error has occured:
null
See the console output for more detailed error information!

Did i do something wrong?

Also i tried the Agama wallet for a few days but im not earning any interest.
Is there anything to do with the agama wallet after installing and funding it?
Thank you for your help!

Pages: « 1 ... 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 586 587 588 589 590 591 592 593 [594] 595 596 597 598 599 600 601 602 603 604 605 606 607 608 609 610 611 612 613 614 615 616 617 618 619 620 621 622 623 624 625 626 627 628 629 630 631 632 633 634 635 636 637 638 639 640 641 642 643 644 ... 878 »
  Print  

Jump to: