Bitcoin Forum
April 20, 2024, 02:18:00 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 686 687 688 689 690 691 692 693 694 695 696 697 698 699 700 701 702 703 704 705 706 707 708 709 710 711 712 713 714 715 716 717 718 719 720 721 722 723 724 725 726 727 728 729 730 731 732 733 734 735 [736] 737 738 739 740 741 742 743 744 745 746 747 748 749 750 751 752 753 754 755 756 757 758 759 760 761 762 763 764 765 766 767 768 769 770 771 772 773 774 775 776 777 778 779 780 781 782 783 784 785 786 ... 878 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][KMD][dPoW] Komodo - An Open, Composable Smart Chain Platform, Secured by B  (Read 1191683 times)
Big Naturals

Activity: 756
Merit: 268

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 05:00:33 AM

Is the election first past the post, or preferential?

If most candidates offer VOTER payouts the system of voting is important to know. If the system is 'first past the post', then VOTERS of most popular candidates will get a smaller payout for their VOTE.

E.g. assume results of election result something like this,

1. 6.50%
2. 5.85%
3. 4.95%
28. 1.10%
29. 0.95%
30. 0.50%

All 30 notaries still get ~1500 KMD per month, and obviously the best payout will be for notary 30. who divides his profit only for 0.5% of KMD, whereas position 1. shares his profit with a much bigger VOTER base of 6.50%.

Best payout will be for the bottom candidates who just scrape over the line, not the top guy with excess VOTES above a quota.

Preferential voting system would mean every candidate basically gets the similar sized VOTES.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Karasugoi

Activity: 113
Merit: 20

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 05:50:29 AM

Is the election first past the post, or preferential?

All 30 notaries still get ~1500 KMD per month, and obviously the best payout will be for notary 30. who divides his profit only for 0.5% of KMD, whereas position 1. shares his profit with a much bigger VOTER base of 6.50%.

It isn't preferential.  You get 1 VOTE per 1 KMD that you control the keys to, you send these VOTE tokens to one notary candidate address in each region.

regarding the statement  "All 30 notaries still get ~1500 KMD" :

This is false,  notary mining is dependent on several things.  If the operator is inattentive the node will go down and you will get 0 KMD for how ever long the node is down.  I check on network health at least weekly,  often there are nodes that are offline.  
You will do better backing a dedicated operator who is focused on maximizing uptime, and server located at a reliable FAST connection.

But in a perfect world with perfect NN operators, you are right, pick the node with the least amount of votes and get a bigger slice of the pie.

| S U P E R N E T 's BarterDEX | DECENTRALIZED CRYPTOCURRENCY EXCHANGE |
Developed to Unite Coin Communities | ✔ SECURE ✔ FREE ✔ VISIBILITY ✔ EASY INTEGRATION |
Big Naturals

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 06:11:47 AM

regarding the statement  "All 30 notaries still get ~1500 KMD" :

This is false,  notary mining is dependent on several things.  If the operator is inattentive the node will go down and you will get 0 KMD for how ever long the node is down.  I check on network health at least weekly,  often there are nodes that are offline.  
You will do better backing a dedicated operator who is focused on maximizing uptime, and server located at a reliable FAST connection.

But in a perfect world with perfect NN operators, you are right, pick the node with the least amount of votes and get a bigger slice of the pie.

the '~' symbol means approximately bro, obviously if an operator falls asleep for a week and his node dies he'll earn less, but the system jl777 designed means every notary should earn "approx 1500 KMD" per month from here on, otherwise they wont get voted in a second time. Notary vigilance is definitely important at the margins, but it's not enough to give any one notary a significant advantage. I'm assuming the potential rewards from here on will mean the vast majority of nodes will have similar specs and be managed pretty well, and the pools will punish operators who run unreliable nodes. Too much money on the table now!

Some interesting game theory ahead, best strategy will be to spread votes around to even out the payouts.

Jabba the Hodl

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 06:31:20 AM

I'm assuming the potential rewards from here on will mean the vast majority of nodes will have similar specs and be managed pretty well, and the pools will punish operators who run unreliable nodes. Too much money on the table now!

I agree, notaries will be be professionally managed, @ 50USD the KMD marketcap is still only 5bil USD, and that yields 75K USD per month for each notary. I expect this by Q1 2019.

Big Naturals

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 06:52:59 AM

I'm assuming the potential rewards from here on will mean the vast majority of nodes will have similar specs and be managed pretty well, and the pools will punish operators who run unreliable nodes. Too much money on the table now!

I agree, notaries will be be professionally managed, @ 50USD the KMD marketcap is still only 5bil USD, and that yields 75K USD per month for each notary. I expect this by Q1 2019.

I predict we'll go over 25 USD later this year myself, so around 10k per month by Xmas this year.

Payout ratio is where the majority of competition will be, plus who has good profile. If KMD's version of andreas antonopolous ran a node he'd get elected with zero payout to voters, but for less visible guys we can only go by what they offer.

This election will be cool, getting popcorn ready Smiley

Edit, I decided not to run this year, will try and bone up on Linux and think about 2019
Karasugoi

Activity: 113
Merit: 20

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 07:33:50 AM
Last edit: February 13, 2018, 08:18:27 AM by Karasugoi

regarding the statement  "All 30 notaries still get ~1500 KMD" :

This is false,  notary mining is dependent on several things.  If the operator is inattentive the node will go down and you will get 0 KMD for how ever long the node is down.  I check on network health at least weekly,  often there are nodes that are offline.   

the '~' symbol means approximately bro, obviously if an operator falls asleep for a week and his node dies he'll earn less, but the system jl777 designed means every notary should earn "approx 1500 KMD" per month from here on, otherwise they wont get voted in a second time. Notary vigilance is definitely important at the margins, but it's not enough to give any one notary a significant advantage. I'm assuming the potential rewards from here on will mean the vast majority of nodes will have similar specs and be managed pretty well, and the pools will punish operators who run unreliable nodes. Too much money on the table now!

Some interesting game theory ahead, best strategy will be to spread votes around to even out the payouts.

I will flesh out your ~   with some actual numbers.

You can check out node mining with a CLI command that provides number of blocks the 64 nodes have mined out of the last 2000 mined.  I do this a lot.
Over November and December I logged the mining figures 25 times:

KMD / mth         blocks/ ave month     blocks/ 2000 blocks   
899.8199951   299.9399984            14.04166667            min
1829.010969   609.6703231            28.54166667           max
1536.719663   512.2                    23.98046875           ave
1574.017469   524.7                    24.5625                   median
195.99           65.33                      3.06                   stddev

You would want to back a NN operator like the one that runs node 41.
I have checked hundreds of times, it is how I check to see if my node is running well. 
Node 41 has only been below average 3x that I saw ever, and only 1 time with komodo down.  Mining is only one part of this job, and not really as important to NN operators as you may think.  KMD mining is nice to log, but notarization stats are paramount.  You have one job as an operator: notarization.  If you pick the right operator, they will be the one to focus on that.

Let's not discuss the min node, however you may back one of the minimum nodes if you assume we all average 1500.
Also vigilance will keep an operator's node out of elections, period,  I would call that a critical advantage.  I am vigilant, trust me you want vigilant.

| S U P E R N E T 's BarterDEX | DECENTRALIZED CRYPTOCURRENCY EXCHANGE |
Developed to Unite Coin Communities | ✔ SECURE ✔ FREE ✔ VISIBILITY ✔ EASY INTEGRATION |
jeezy
Legendary

Activity: 1237
Merit: 1010

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 08:42:33 AM

You get 1 VOTE per 1 KMD that you control the keys to, you send these VOTE tokens to one notary candidate address in each region.

Isnt it 1000:1 VOTE/KMD?
Big Naturals

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 08:42:56 AM

I will flesh out your ~   with some actual numbers.

You can check out node mining with a CLI command that provides number of blocks the 64 nodes have mined out of the last 2000 mined.  I do this a lot.
Over November and December I logged the mining figures 25 times:

KMD / mth         blocks/ ave month     blocks/ 2000 blocks   
899.8199951   299.9399984            14.04166667            min
1829.010969   609.6703231            28.54166667           max
1536.719663   512.2                    23.98046875           ave
1574.017469   524.7                    24.5625                   median
195.99           65.33                      3.06                   stddev

You would want to back a NN operator like the one that runs node 41.
I have checked hundreds of times, it is how I check to see if my node is running well.  
Node 41 has only been below average 3x that I saw ever, and only 1 time with komodo down.  Mining is only one part of this job, and not really as important to NN operators as you may think.  KMD mining is nice to log, but notarization stats are paramount.  You have one job as an operator: notarization.  If you pick the right operator, they will be the one to focus on that.

Let's not discuss the min node, however you may back one of the minimum nodes if you assume we all average 1500.
Also vigilance will keep an operator's node out of elections, period,  I would call that a critical advantage.  I am vigilant, trust me you want vigilant.

Good advice, thanks! You are correct, the ŕeward for vigilance is avoiding elections all together, and that incentive should ensure high quality notaries. Personally I would make the bottom 40-45 nodes face election every year, that way the reward is harder to get, and the incentive to achieve  excellence to avoid paying for votes is even higher, plus the spill over effect onto KMD value from what amounts to a participation dividend for bothering to vote would be larger, which should not be under estimated.

this system has some powerful incentives now, quite beautiful, satoshi would be impressed!
Saytan

Activity: 26

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 10:10:31 AM

I predict we'll go over 25 USD later this year myself, so around 10k per month by Xmas this year.

Payout ratio is where the majority of competition will be, plus who has good profile. If KMD's version of andreas antonopolous ran a node he'd get elected with zero payout to voters, but for less visible guys we can only go by what they offer.

Edit, I decided not to run this year, will try and bone up on Linux and think about 2019

25 USD? You missed something, let me correct you.

2,5 USD
Lalaland122

Activity: 119
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 10:56:16 AM

Good project and solid platform with bright future! Cheesy
ptytrader

Activity: 466
Merit: 253

Imagine a world without banks.......

View Profile WWW
February 13, 2018, 03:37:31 PM

2,5 USD
OH yes because you're such a good troll. Lol people don't give up.

|

▄
              █
             ▐█
            ▄██
 █▌          ▐█
 ██       █████
 ▐██▌      ████
  █████    ████
▐██████▌   ████
  ██████▌ █████
  █████████████
   ████████████
  ▐████████████
   ▐███████████
   ▐███████████
    ███████████
      █████████
       ████████
         ██████
           ▀███
             ▀▀

█▄▄              █▄▄
█████▄▄         ██████▄▄
████████       ████████ █
████████ ██   ████████ ██
████████ ███ ████████ ███
████████ ████ ██████ ████
████████ █████ ████ █████
████████ ▀█████ ██ ██████
████████    ▀▀██  ███████
▀███████         ▀███████
   ▀▀███            ▀▀███
       ▀                ▀

in

█▀▀▀▄▄▄██▄
             █     ▀██▀
            █
         ▄▄▄█▄▄▄
 ████▄▄███████████▄▄████
▐██████▀▀███████▀▀██████▌
 ▀████    █████    ████▀
  ████▄  ▄█████▄  ▄████
  ▀███████████████████▀
   ▀████▄▀█████▀▄████▀
     ▀▀███▄▄▄▄▄███▀▀
         ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄████▄▄   ▄
█▄          ██████████▀▄
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄█▀▀ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▀▀█▄▄
   ▐██▄▄██████████████▄▄██▌
   ████████████████████████
  ▐████████████████████████▌
  ███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
 ▐██████     ████     ██████▌
 ███████     ████     ███████
▐████████▄▄▄██████▄▄▄████████▌
▐████████████████████████████▌
 █████▄▄▀▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▀▄▄█████
  ▀▀██████          ██████▀▀
      ▀▀▀            ▀▀▀

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌

BTC

█▌
█▌          ▐█
█████       ██
████      ▐██▌
████    █████
████   ▐██████▌
█████ ▐██████
█████████████
████████████
████████████▌
███████████▌
███████████▌
███████████
█████████
████████
██████
███▀
▀▀
DinglikeRiri

Activity: 12

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 06:29:21 PM

Is this project still alive? Zero movement of price since the last few months.

At beginning: sorry for my english.
Good question, I hold my KMDs half year but now I want to sell this shitcoin. I was all in, around 8k KMD coins on bittrex. People here exciting so much bcuz "KMD GROW IS GOOD/YEAR" - no, its not, price just follow BTC. Check other "SHITCOINS" and u will see same % of growth/year as KMD. They are doing "DOING" much work like they say in this project, they bla bla atomic swaps and many more but they forgot about PPL. Nobody using KMD, many ppl needs it maybe, admins dont care about adverts, they are living in this project by themselves, some friends around and little ppl from tweet/fb/this forum.

I can make 10 tons of GOLDEN shit in my garden at home, but who cares? Whats the point? Is it good? Its nice? Who cares if nobody comes to my garden? This is KOMODO.
I dont want tell u that price will never moon, maybe it cauld, maybe not.

Time for QQ defenders who will say:
THEY ARE DOING GOOD
THEY WORKING HARD
WE DID BLA BLA ATOMIC SWAP
WE HAVE MORE PPL !!!
WE BLA BLA, YOU KNOW NOTHING

* Price is moving bcuz of btc, they did milion things 2017 and it was maybe 20 % of price influence.

Bye KOMODO team, I hope you will atomic swap your ass with mouth.
You sound like the person who got banned the other day from slack for being impertinent.

He is not the impatient person who got banned the other day, I am. It doesn't matter though, what matters is people loosing patience because one random fuck of delay. Every update mnz makes is just an update on how they are redoing their roadmap or shit like that.
I would never bash kmd btw, even if I got banned from telegram cuz apparently you cannot question things in crypto anymore cuz instaban.
Im holding kmd long term but have cut my bags by alot until there is a dICO launch. Hopefully we won't have to wait for mnz.
No matter how much people try deny this the fact still stands, the dICO platform is a big reason to why people are interested in kmd to begin with and you can't simply delay it for months in this fast moving crypto space.

Edit: Telling people they are impatient when they have waited since the first dICO launch date is a big error btw. For how long do you expect people to zip it and just wait and wait? At this point there is no single news on whats happening with the dICO. Do you think its fair to plan the launch on the 12:th of November, postpone it and say it is just temporary and then 3 months goes by and still nothing. What in the fuck gives you the right to tell people they are impatient when its clearly justified?
If you are gonna give me the usual "they are working" hard bullshit, well then yeah don't bother.
MrSunshine

Activity: 1181
Merit: 259

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 06:29:39 PM

2,5 USD
OH yes because you're such a good troll. Lol people don't give up.

Oh, I thought they meant $2,500
ComputerGenie

Activity: 1092
Merit: 552

Retired IRCX God

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 06:42:45 PM

...What in the fuck gives you the right to tell people they are impatient...
Oxford English Dictionary

If you have to ask "why?", you wouldn`t understand my answer.
Always be on the look out, because you never know when you'll be stalked by hit-men that eat nothing but cream cheese....
DinglikeRiri

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 06:45:51 PM

Im glad thats whats bothering you here. Perhaps one day you'll realize US/GB doesn't have monopoly on cryptocurrency. Alot of us have english as second or third language.
ComputerGenie

Activity: 1092
Merit: 552

Retired IRCX God

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 06:56:38 PM

Im glad thats whats bothering you here. Perhaps one day you'll realize US/GB doesn't have monopoly on cryptocurrency. Alot of us have english as second or third language.
2nd, 3rd, or 193rd, doesn't matter; you asked, the language answered.
This is rendered moot by the fact that you're emotionally attached to what amounts to nothing more than speculation (the future "value" of an non-issued coin versus the current "value of said non-issued coin). If we're going to be profane about it, the real question is:
What the fuck gives you the right to be enraged over the release of something that may, or may not, have some assumed future value?
You'll be able to buy the feken thing when you're able to buy it. The end.

If you have to ask "why?", you wouldn`t understand my answer.
Always be on the look out, because you never know when you'll be stalked by hit-men that eat nothing but cream cheese....
DinglikeRiri

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 07:06:12 PM

2nd, 3rd, or 193rd, doesn't matter; you asked, the language answered.
This is rendered moot by the fact that you're emotionally attached to what amounts to nothing more than speculation (the future "value" of an non-issued coin versus the current "value of said non-issued coin). If we're going to be profane about it, the real question is:
What the fuck gives you the right to be enraged over the release of something that may, or may not, have some assumed future value?
You'll be able to buy the feken thing when you're able to buy it. The end.

So much shit coming out of your mouth/keyboard lol. I never asked the language or you for that matter.
You just decided to answer me with some random ass fancy words when Im trying to make a point that it actually ok for an investor to rationally question why a coin that he is investing in isn't keeping promises or whatever it might be. Instead here you are acting like a true fanboy.
My future value estimates about kmd was based on wrong information, eg. dICO massive delay, not about if crypto will survive or not.
Btw. I was emotionally attached to kmd, true and thats why as I stated before I've cut my bags by quite much.
veneg

Activity: 282
Merit: 260

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 08:00:47 PM

Monaize dICO is a delay of Monaize,it has nothing to do with Komodo
Neo.Prometheus

Activity: 238
Merit: 11

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 08:25:19 PM

Right you are, the command is really good and they make a good job, i believe!
veneg

Activity: 282
Merit: 260

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 08:40:31 PM

The day will arrive for all the investors who believed,don’t give up!.Crypto is patience and more patience,you know it.Komodo will do a bang
Pages: « 1 ... 686 687 688 689 690 691 692 693 694 695 696 697 698 699 700 701 702 703 704 705 706 707 708 709 710 711 712 713 714 715 716 717 718 719 720 721 722 723 724 725 726 727 728 729 730 731 732 733 734 735 [736] 737 738 739 740 741 742 743 744 745 746 747 748 749 750 751 752 753 754 755 756 757 758 759 760 761 762 763 764 765 766 767 768 769 770 771 772 773 774 775 776 777 778 779 780 781 782 783 784 785 786 ... 878 »
  Print  

Jump to: