Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 05:27:12 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin Africa  (Read 11778 times)
kyceblck

Activity: 96
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 07, 2017, 10:18:24 PM

Don't know how many Africans involved in bitcoin revolution, getting close would help create solutions using blockchain and cryptocurrency
There is a huge number of people in Africa using bitcoin.
Am also planning some innovative blockchain programs

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
investerS

Activity: 229
Merit: 100

Money making legitimately

View Profile
September 12, 2017, 10:03:21 PM

Bitcoins is being used in Africa among youths most especially students in higher institutions of learning. Many people out have not really keyed into Bitcoin world, but i think it is gradually gaining popularity day by day. A case study is Nigeria.
OpenPub

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 15, 2017, 01:12:58 AM

Do you have any document/source for this? I'm not saying you're lying, I'm just curious about this!
doyeen

Activity: 97

View Profile
September 16, 2017, 12:05:16 PM

A lot potential embedded in block chain dev. in Africa
Alex Storm

Activity: 119

View Profile
September 28, 2017, 08:10:10 PM

Wow..I am very surprised - BTC everywhere))) But I heard, you have really bad internet connection in Africa. So is it true? how do you manage it, is it hard to mining?
Ahiaba

Activity: 447
Merit: 108

View Profile
October 02, 2017, 09:33:04 PM

Africa is  lacking behind a lot,let hope that in the near future they will catch up, thanks to the internet that ,made  the world a global village hope when the whales (in fiat) in Africa start investing in cryptocurrency the acceptance will be increase. The world has decide cryptocurrency is the  way to go, Africa must follow suit,
i don't understand what you mean by Africa is lacking behind for i don't believe you can substantiate your submission here that Africa is lacking behind. There are substantial numbers of African who have invested a huge amount of money in crypto currency. 
cyberpitstop

Activity: 370
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 03, 2017, 12:40:25 AM

I always wondered how many African's were really involved with crypto currency in general. I will keep an eye on this thread.
Phalo

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 06, 2017, 03:50:10 PM

The awareness is nowhere near where it should be
Igrylechka

Activity: 18

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 06:54:47 PM

Offer is products to supply them with computers and fidelkity? Smiley
GOODNESS

Activity: 56

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 06:11:56 AM

With the introduction of Blockchain Technology and the enlightenment  about Bitcoin, many people in Africa especially in Nigeria have come to embrace Bitcoin. Not only getting the awareness, but also getting other to come to the knowledge of digital currency, where a lots of investment and trading can enhance  and add value to their pursuit and life goals. Seminars are held in most  and various part of the states so as to create a wider knowledge  of Bitcoin. Great turnout of members  to this seminars points to the facts that many people are becoming aware of bitcoin, accepting it, and also inviting a lot of others in Africa to be part of  this digital currency called Bitcoin as well.
the booz

Activity: 24

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 01:44:25 PM

Africa is a great place with a growing crypto community
Ben-carson

Activity: 81

How you do anything is how you do everything..

View Profile WWW
October 24, 2017, 08:04:26 PM

There is a growing interest in bitcoin in Africa. Im my country Uganda, i have many "bitcoin buddies".

So, we should organise a continental meet up, why not?

Be good, do good, make better.
WyattS

Activity: 31

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 03:59:47 PM

There is a growing interest in bitcoin in Africa. Im my country Uganda, i have many "bitcoin buddies".

So, we should organise a continental meet up, why not?

I travel to Rwanda semi-frequently, and would definitely be interested in meeting people in the area.  I don't specifically look for cryptocurrency events/people normally when traveling, but would definitely be interested in meeting some central African crypto enthusiasts!

Draketom

Activity: 109

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 04:03:11 PM

Hi! Glad a thread like this exist to meet other people from my continent. I am from Nigeria.
Nice to meet you guys
mackenzied

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 02:41:28 PM

Don't know how many Africans involved in bitcoin revolution, getting close would help create solutions using blockchain and cryptocurrency
[/quote
I also want to know how bitcoin in African countries? Developed than the country I live in? In Vietnam the number of bitcoin participants is small and the bitcoin trade is not as large as in other countries. Often we trade with other countries.

marckenigsberg

Activity: 164
Merit: 19

View Profile WWW
November 05, 2017, 05:17:56 PM

Does anyone remember when the conference in Johannesburg is?
Have a link?

Vigme86

Activity: 378
Merit: 103

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 05:23:29 PM

It will be great if Africa embrace Bitcoin and blockchain technology, but I'm a bit worried about the internet infrastructure of the africa states.
I mean I have read lot of comments here but there isn't any source or link, it would be interesting learn something about it  Smiley
dimcasper

Activity: 98

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 01:42:10 PM

Does anyone remember when the conference in Johannesburg is?
Have a link?

Hi, if you are talking about BLOCKCHAIN AFRICA CONFERENCE 2018 it will be 8-9 MARCH 2018 | JOHANNESBURG.
Here is a link http://blockchainafrica.co/
Omukhy

Activity: 1

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 08:23:50 PM

Pls I want to Know if there is any cryptocurrency that has originated from Africa. Are there any dev currently working on any. Thanks
Bitcoin_Africa

Activity: 11

View Profile WWW
November 09, 2017, 01:31:37 AM

Pls I want to Know if there is any cryptocurrency that has originated from Africa. Are there any dev currently working on any. Thanks

Some governments are implementing private blockchains for various purposes... Regarding cryptocurrencies for public - i dont know any.  Why not just stick to BTC, ETH etc?
I dont see much use in 100s of various altcoins... its comfortable to work with a few major ones.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: