Bitcoin Forum
April 16, 2024, 11:12:03 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin Africa  (Read 11773 times)
peach56

Activity: 167
Merit: 59

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 11:55:07 AM

Yes sign me up

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
bosede1

Activity: 714
Merit: 16

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 06:23:29 PM

I can tell you with virtue of no doubt that bitcoin revolution are increasing day by day, am from one of this African countries and I don't know if you will believe it when I tell you that campaigns for trading bitcoin are made on medias that are even government owned. So revolution is happening in a big way in African countries.

▀ ▄▀ ██ ▀ ▀████████████████     S E C O N D L I V E     ████████████████▀ ▀ ██ ▀▄ ▀
♦      CHOOSE LIFE      ♦     CHOOSE SPACE     ♦   CHOOSE FRIENDS   ♦
|    Twitter    |  Telegram  |   Medium   |  YouTube  |   Discord   |    TikTok    |    GitHub    |
MoKenyanCrypto

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 08:32:12 AM

I can tell you with virtue of no doubt that bitcoin revolution are increasing day by day, am from one of this African countries and I don't know if you will believe it when I tell you that campaigns for trading bitcoin are made on medias that are even government owned. So revolution is happening in a big way in African countries.
Where are you from my friend? Worried similar to my country some of these media campaigns are scams taking people hard earned money like asking for registration fee to join or have bitcoin  Grin which they dont even show you or even a case of being guaranteed some amount of return after a certain period all these are scam alerts. But not downplaying Africa is fast rising within the bitcoin domain you can check our recent meet-up in Nairobi via https://coinweez.com/africa-shows-incredible-interest-in-blockchain/ trying to make people dont lose their money here in Kenya  Wink
CBJon

Activity: 113
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 09:32:06 PM

I'm in jo'burg South Africa and keen to meetup with any crypto watchers.  Facebook groups are fun, but I think a get-together would be cool

CASHBAG.co - The Cash Back Cryptocurrency  █  The blockchain platform for instant settlement and micropayments of cash back rewards. █  Pre-Sale On Now.   +3000 ETH pledged!  Token Sale starts 12  March 2018 12PM UTC     
TELEGRAM ◥ ◤ WHITEPAPER ◥ ◤ VIDEO
okorieemmanuel

Activity: 269
Merit: 4

View Profile WWW
December 13, 2017, 08:50:30 AM

Hello everyone. I'm a Nigerian and would love to meet crypto currency lovers like me that own a faucet such as http://emmonfaucet.ga  . Please let's share information and knowledge and make a formidable impact to the bitcoin community.
capball

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 01:06:04 AM

There is a growing awareness of bitcoin in Nigeria. Being the most populous African nation, this growth will impact significantly on the usage of bitcoin in Africa.
that was during the ponzi plagued year (2016) right now the need for it is less cause of the little attention given to pyramid schemes
CryptosapienZA

Activity: 378
Merit: 101

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 02:00:48 PM

I'm in jo'burg South Africa and keen to meetup with any crypto watchers.  Facebook groups are fun, but I think a get-together would be cool

I just saw this Bitcoin Cash meetup posted on Twitter. https://www.meetup.com/Johannesburg-Bitcoin-Cash-Meetup/events/246088914/
keskose

Activity: 2

View Profile
December 25, 2017, 01:29:22 PM

Cape Town here. i would like to meet up with fellow bitcoiners in the mother city.

is there any active meetup that i don't know of?
2dorgit

Activity: 63

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 05:07:44 PM

Pls I want to Know if there is any cryptocurrency that has originated from Africa. Are there any dev currently working on any. Thanks

There's kobocoin, prosperipro both not very good projects.. Then there is humaniq(not originally from Africa but Africa is their focus. Humaniq is probably the only project worth looking at.

I just saw one project that also has an eye for African - Asia market. Especially in the commodity (ie palm oil, cotton, rice, cocoa... ) trading field.
At the moment the project is still in 1st stage of token release, so you can get it at very low price Eur 0.01/token.

Visit the website at TudorPayWebsite
Mpamaegbu
Legendary

Activity: 2660
Merit: 1208

Once a man, twice a child!

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 04:50:36 PM
Last edit: January 16, 2018, 05:07:52 PM by Mpamaegbu

Pls I want to Know if there is any cryptocurrency that has originated from Africa. Are there any dev currently working on any. Thanks

There's kobocoin, prosperipro both not very good projects.. Then there is humaniq(not originally from Africa but Africa is their focus. Humaniq is probably the only project worth looking at.

I actually haven't read or heard of kobocoin. But there is one owned by a Nigerian living abroad and that is dalecoin. You can find the relevant links here:

Telegram: @dale_coin

https://twitter.com/DalecoinN

Hello everyone. I'm a Nigerian and would love to meet crypto currency lovers like me that own a faucet such as http://emmonfaucet.ga  . Please let's share information and knowledge and make a formidable impact to the bitcoin community.
There is a flourishing telegram group where you can meet some amazing Nigerian crypto traders. Here: @armyofcryptocurrencytraders

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
joy90009

Activity: 121

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 09:54:15 AM

I think the number of bitcoin users will be very small because Africa so small and poor
Tharel

Activity: 182
Merit: 12

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 11:43:39 AM

Bitcoin is widely accepted in Africa because of high ROI. In fact, in South Africa, people are swapping their cars and other high value items in exchange for Bitcoin as per Gumtree, an online classifieds sites.

gmughals

Activity: 308
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 04:29:02 PM
Merited by StallionMosquito (1)

I think many Africans are involved in Bitcoin.it is true Bitcoin uptake in Africa is very slowly.some countries in Africa are hosting conferences creating awareness among Africans.I seen on internet the annual Blockchain and Bitcoin Africa conference is to be held in Johannesburg South Africa on 1st to 3rd march 2017.during conference experts from around the world will share their views on as wall as their experience of the opportunities and challenges facing digital currencies such as Bitcoin and Block Chain.
ICO BLOG
Copper Member

Merit: 3

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 04:29:51 PM

If there's internet there must be!!
Kusnechik

Activity: 420
Merit: 11

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 11:30:12 AM
Merited by Geir (4)

The introduction of the blockchain system and bitcoin in different spheres of African life will finally overcome that barrier to civilized life that has long stood before the inhabitants of the continent. People will finally be able to feel all the charms of the new technology from the convenience of making payments to removing administrative barriers when interacting with state and municipal authorities. So I believe, Africa will become a strong and prosperous continent with a digital economy and a promising future.

▀▀▀▀▀▀     │      SWIPE      │      Monetizing Mobile Engagement Data     ▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄▄▄▄▄▄       Whitepaper     Telegram     Twitter     Reddit       ▄▄▄▄▄▄
LtMotioN

Activity: 210
Merit: 29

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 12:43:58 PM

I think the number of bitcoin users will be very small because Africa so small and poor

Go check google trends mate

https://trends.google.com/trends/explore?q=bitcoin

Here are the countries in Africa and their ranking for bitcoin searches
1. South Africa - Yes we hold rank 1  Cool
9. Ghana
10. Nigeria

It is getting quite huge in these 3 countries, growing really fast. Speaking for South Africa, I can go to any 15-35 year old that I know and ask them about bitcoin and they will either be invested in it or at least know of it.  Remember cryptocurrency will penetrate fastest in places where people do not have the best and most honest government.

I think we should start more meetups, growing our community in Africa will help this become more adopted and grow faster.  I actually just saw this sub-topic or whatever you can call it. We should figure out how to

Dogs are nice, I don't like cats though.
12tribes

Merit: 11

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 12:45:55 PM

some folks outside of Africa might think the crypto world is new and novel entirely to Africans. But this is far from the truth. More often than not, the exposure to information and proper education catalyses the growth of the bitcoin in Africa. And while the report says that the bitcoin is widely used in south Africa, the recent poll by independent sources actually find Nigeria and Kenya leading the park and then south Africa, volume for volume.
It is a good thing to see what the crypto world can bring to Africa and how this can influence lives positively

Nimfa Sodela

Activity: 3

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 01:47:13 AM

Bitcoin is helping African millennials free himself from financial repression
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  

Jump to: